Is hell forever?

  • Thread starter Thread starter selenah
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
This is what I thought before.

Heaven=new earth (where all Christians spend etenity)
Hell=lake of fire (where all unsaved go forever)
Bottomless pit (where satan and his minions go forever)

I'm having trouble believing that hell lasts FOREVER

ummm Selenah I saw this post....

1. there is a NEW Heaven and a NEW Earth. two different places. I can get the scriptures later its in Revelation 21

2. HELL and DEATH are tossed into the LAKE OF FIRE

the LAKE OF FIRE is Eternal. you are right HELL does not last forever, but the LAKE OF FIRE does.

3. Satan and his minions are cast into the lake of Fire forever. the bottomless pit is just a holding cell. Satan is released one last time to deceive the nations and then is cast into the lake of fire where the false prophet and beast are.

its in Revelation 20.

the bottomless pit is the abyss that the Beast rises from that the Whore of Babylon rides.

anyway. just wanted to clear that up a little. maybe hopefully.. lol
 
The word of God is full of scripture that speaks to the condition of man, and what is needed in order to inherit the kindom of heaven. There are far too many scriptures that speak about God's will for our lives, as far as living a holy and righteous life in Christ. If people disregard the "Guidelines" That God has giving us to live successfully here in this world, and want to lead people astray because they choose "death" Go ahead. But keep it to yourself.
If some of you truly believe what you are writing then there is no need to impose it anyone else, because according to you, .....Were all going to heaven anyway. No Sweat.



Isaiah 28:17-18

17Judgment also will I lay to the line, and righteousness to the plummet: and the hail shall sweep away the refuge of lies, and the waters shall overflow the hiding place.

18And your covenant with death shall be disannulled, and your agreement with hell shall not stand; when the overflowing scourge shall pass through, then ye shall be trodden down by it.
 
MOM HE HIT ME FIRST@@!!!!!

But SHE BITE ME FIRST< NAH UH>>>>>

FightingKids.jpg


******stay tuned for episode two****hopefully moved to a different channel.....

Galatians 5:15
But if you bite and devour one another, beware lest you be consumed by one another!
Is Tom the girl?:)

...you're right, Ananda. Tom and I are accomplishing nothing.

God bless
 
ummm Selenah I saw this post....

1. there is a NEW Heaven and a NEW Earth. two different places. I can get the scriptures later its in Revelation 21

2. HELL and DEATH are tossed into the LAKE OF FIRE

the LAKE OF FIRE is Eternal. you are right HELL does not last forever, but the LAKE OF FIRE does.

3. Satan and his minions are cast into the lake of Fire forever. the bottomless pit is just a holding cell. Satan is released one last time to deceive the nations and then is cast into the lake of fire where the false prophet and beast are.

its in Revelation 20.

the bottomless pit is the abyss that the Beast rises from that the Whore of Babylon rides.

anyway. just wanted to clear that up a little. maybe hopefully.. lol

Oops....I never really did get alot of the stuff in Revelation
 
Sorry I don't know why the difference is important. I didn't get the last paragraph :confused:

OK, do you understand that those who worship the Father as Christians are divided into two groups?

Rev 7 talks about the '144,000' as well as a 'great multitude'. Two groups. One finite (a pre-determined number) and one infinite. (no pre-determined number)

The 144,000 are "bought from the earth". (Rev 14:1-4) These are the "chosen ones"; "firstfruits", who will go to heaven to rule as "kings and priests" with Jesus. (Rev 20:6) These are resurrected "first" and these alone inherit immortality. All of the first Christians were part of that group. It was TO these and FOR these that the Christian scriptures were written. They all had the desire to go to heaven implanted in their hearts by holy spirit. Once the ranks of the 144,000 were filled, then the great multitude began to be gathered. All owe their salvation to God and the Lamb.

The "great multitude" are said to "come out of the great tribulation", which occurs on earth as the finale of things in the present age. (Matt 24:21,22) Some of the "chosen ones" will still be on earth at that time because the last days must be cut short on their account...otherwise "no flesh would be saved".

The 'great multitude' are pictured as attributing salvation to God and "washing their robes in the blood of the Lamb", (making them Christians) but they are not part of the '144,000' heavenly rulers. These will be subjects of these rulers and will be joined later by those who come back in the general resurrection. (John 5:28, 29)

'Immortality' is not the same as 'everlasting life' for a very important reason. Immortal beings CANNOT die. This state of being is only granted to the 144,000 who are 'spiritual Jews'.

Jesus was in every respect, a mortal human who could, theoretically, have lived forever in the flesh but he willingly gave up his perfect life to rescue Adam's children from sin and its wages, death. It was not their choice to be born in sin. The choice we have is NOT to allow sin to gain the mastery over us. We can control what we do. We can choose NOT to deliberately sin, but if we are overtaken by a moment of weakness, we can be 'covered' by Jesus' sacrifice. This is NOT something we can take for granted nor is it a provision that we can abuse. If there is no repentance, there can be no forgiveness.

Humans were designed to live forever in the flesh but they were always going to be mortal. The 'tree of life' that was also in the garden guaranteed that. (Gen 3:22) Access to this tree was only denied after they disobeyed. God went to great lengths to ensure that they never gained access to it again. (Gen 3:24)

Those who go to heaven, leave their mortal bodies behind. Flesh and blood cannot live in heaven.

As I understand it, "everlasting life" is not the same as "eternal life". It is ongoing life granted by God on the basis of continued obedience....as Adam would have enjoyed with his children if he had remained faithful and obeyed God's commands.

The word 'eternal' has the meaning of forever in both directions. Only the Father is truly eternal. 'Everlasting', on the other hand has the meaning of going on in a continuum...never ending even though it has a beginning.

As long as humans obey God, there is no reason for them to die. There was no reason for Adam and his wife to die. It was a penalty imposed for their disobedience.

Look at this beautiful planet! It was designed to be our permanent home. We were appointed to be its caretakers, zookeepers and landscape gardeners. That is what I look forward to! What a wonderful future for faithful ones.
 
OK, do you understand that those who worship the Father as Christians are divided into two groups?

Rev 7 talks about the '144,000' as well as a 'great multitude'. Two groups. One finite (a pre-determined number) and one infinite. (no pre-determined number)

The 144,000 are "bought from the earth". (Rev 14:1-4) These are the "chosen ones"; "firstfruits", who will go to heaven to rule as "kings and priests" with Jesus. (Rev 20:6) These are resurrected "first" and these alone inherit immortality. All of the first Christians were part of that group. It was TO these and FOR these that the Christian scriptures were written. They all had the desire to go to heaven implanted in their hearts by holy spirit. Once the ranks of the 144,000 were filled, then the great multitude began to be gathered. All owe their salvation to God and the Lamb.

The "great multitude" are said to "come out of the great tribulation", which occurs on earth as the finale of things in the present age. (Matt 24:21,22) Some of the "chosen ones" will still be on earth at that time because the last days must be cut short on their account...otherwise "no flesh would be saved".

The 'great multitude' are pictured as attributing salvation to God and "washing their robes in the blood of the Lamb", (making them Christians) but they are not part of the '144,000' heavenly rulers. These will be subjects of these rulers and will be joined later by those who come back in the general resurrection. (John 5:28, 29)

'Immortality' is not the same as 'everlasting life' for a very important reason. Immortal beings CANNOT die. This state of being is only granted to the 144,000 who are 'spiritual Jews'.

Jesus was in every respect, a mortal human who could, theoretically, have lived forever in the flesh but he willingly gave up his perfect life to rescue Adam's children from sin and its wages, death. It was not their choice to be born in sin. The choice we have is NOT to allow sin to gain the mastery over us. We can control what we do. We can choose NOT to deliberately sin, but if we are overtaken by a moment of weakness, we can be 'covered' by Jesus' sacrifice. This is NOT something we can take for granted nor is it a provision that we can abuse. If there is no repentance, there can be no forgiveness.

Humans were designed to live forever in the flesh but they were always going to be mortal. The 'tree of life' that was also in the garden guaranteed that. (Gen 3:22) Access to this tree was only denied after they disobeyed. God went to great lengths to ensure that they never gained access to it again. (Gen 3:24)

Those who go to heaven, leave their mortal bodies behind. Flesh and blood cannot live in heaven.

As I understand it, "everlasting life" is not the same as "eternal life". It is ongoing life granted by God on the basis of continued obedience....as Adam would have enjoyed with his children if he had remained faithful and obeyed God's commands.

The word 'eternal' has the meaning of forever in both directions. Only the Father is truly eternal. 'Everlasting', on the other hand has the meaning of going on in a continuum...never ending even though it has a beginning.

As long as humans obey God, there is no reason for them to die. There was no reason for Adam and his wife to die. It was a penalty imposed for their disobedience.

Look at this beautiful planet! It was designed to be our permanent home. We were appointed to be its caretakers, zookeepers and landscape gardeners. That is what I look forward to! What a wonderful future for faithful ones.


Not sure if I completely got it but I have heard about the 144,000. I just never knew much about what they were. You say that only the 144, 000 have immortality...why don't the other Christians recieve this?
 
Not sure if I completely got it but I have heard about the 144,000. I just never knew much about what they were. You say that only the 144, 000 have immortality...why don't the other Christians recieve this?
They will. I believe Molly is wrong.

While she has not specifically said so, I think she is a Jehovah's Witness. The belief that only 144,000 are going to heaven is a JW belief.

The 144,000 are "bought from the earth". (Rev 14:1-4) These are the "chosen ones"; "firstfruits", who will go to heaven to rule as "kings and priests" with Jesus. (Rev 20:6) These are resurrected "first" and these alone inherit immortality. All of the first Christians were part of that group. It was TO these and FOR these that the Christian scriptures were written. They all had the desire to go to heaven implanted in their hearts by holy spirit. Once the ranks of the 144,000 were filled, then the great multitude began to be gathered. All owe their salvation to God and the Lamb.

There is no difference between "first" Christians and Christians today. The church epistles are written to ALL Christians. All Christians are saved the same way, and all will become immortal..
 
Not sure if I completely got it but I have heard about the 144,000. I just never knew much about what they were. You say that only the 144, 000 have immortality...why don't the other Christians recieve this?


They are the Jews who will be grafted back in during the Tribulation. !2,000 from each tribe proclaiming the Gospel.

As to the rest, Shrooms answers it the best
 
Oops....I never really did get alot of the stuff in Revelation

I get a little bit of it. lol.

I get this part :)

Revelation 21
New King James Version (NKJV)

21 Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also there was no more sea. 2 Then I, John,[a] saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God. 4 And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.”


oh Molly and Shroom don't believe that Jesus is God and 2knowhim thinks Satan will be in Heaven.

Sometimes they have good things to say, but I'd use your God given discernment :)

hugs. ttyl. have class.
 
I get a little bit of it. lol.

I get this part :)

Revelation 21
New King James Version (NKJV)

21 Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also there was no more sea. 2 Then I, John,[a] saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, &#8220;Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God. 4 And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.&#8221;

oh Molly and Shroom don't believe that Jesus is God and 2knowhim thinks Satan will be in Heaven.

Sometimes they have good things to say, but I'd use your God given discernment :)

hugs. ttyl. have class.

Yeah I don't know I'm sure there's stuff I would disagree with them on but my mind is telling me that God wouldn't make hell last forever.
 
They will. I believe Molly is wrong.

While she has not specifically said so, I think she is a Jehovah's Witness. The belief that only 144,000 are going to heaven is a JW belief.



There is no difference between "first" Christians and Christians today. The church epistles are written to ALL Christians. All Christians are saved the same way, and all will become immortal..

I'll see what she says lol this is confusing
 
Yeah I don't know I'm sure there's stuff I would disagree with them on but my mind is telling me that God wouldn't make hell last forever.

Matthew 25:41
"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.
 
Matthew 25:41
"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.


CLV
Mat 25:41 Then shall He be declaring to those also at His left, 'Go from Me, you cursed, into the fire eonian, made ready for the Adversary and his messengers."

YLT
Mat 25:41 Then shall he say also to those on the left hand, Go ye from me, the cursed, to the fire, the age-during, that hath been prepared for the Devil and his messengers;

EWB-CB
Mat 25:41 Then shall He say unto them [goats] also on the left hand, Depart away from Me, ye that are abiding under a curse into age-abiding fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
 
I'm not going to deny it, the Bible seems pretty clear that Satan goes to hell. If Satan goes to hell, then I really don't see why the unsaved would be excluded from going too. It really REALLY bothers me and seems so wrong though. Oh well I'm going in circles.
 
satan already condemned himself long ago by lusting for God's power and authority, and attempting to overthrow Him... that got him kicked out of heaven.
now, there is nothing in him but unrighteousness, wickedness, sin, and evil.
 
I'm not going to deny it, the Bible seems pretty clear that Satan goes to hell. If Satan goes to hell, then I really don't see why the unsaved would be excluded from going too. It really REALLY bothers me and seems so wrong though. Oh well I'm going in circles.

Read:

Matthew 25:31-46. It is the parable of the goats and sheep. Let me know what you find.
 
Okay so yes the unsaved will suffer in the lake of fire forever. Idk mmaybe it's just the awful story I heard about some guy who beat his gf with a hammer while she tried to stop him from messing with her 8yr old girl, but I just feel pretty rotten about everything right now. God makes no sense.