is it ok to be friends with gays.

  • Thread starter Thread starter LatoyaQ
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
I think we should be friends with homosexual people. A lot of them are confused and depressed for being singled out for their sexual preference. Although, homosexuality is bad, so are a lot of things. We need to focus on bettering ourselves so that we can be a light to others, not the other way around. :)
However, if being friends with someone who is of the world and it's affecting you spiritually, then it's better to let that friendship go and just pray for them. It's not just homosexuality but any other type of sin. For example, I used to best friends with a girl that would gossip a lot. It started affecting me and the Lord told me to move on from that friendship. We are still friends, but not as close as we once were.
 
first off, I know in the bible that being homosexual is wrong, but is it ok to be friends with someone who is homosexual? I'm trying to get right with God and i'm questioning everything i'm doing in my life right now. I just want to be on the safe side so does anyone has an answer for me?


We are in the world,not of it.Which means if you have friends that are homosexual you should be making an impact on them and not the other way round.They should see your life and want to become more like Christ, even ask questions about your faith.If this is the case you're on the right track.If not you need reevaluate your relationships.
 
Really? This is a question? I'm sorry, but I know many gay people - even in my small, rural world...and I would never consider not being their friend just because of their sexual orientation. First, no sin is greater than any other sin. Show me someone that you are friends with who has never sinned.... Second, have you truly ever been around anyone who is truly gay? It is not a choice. I have watched people battle their feelings as young men and women, only to become very hurt and confused adults because the world will not accept them as they are, and they can't just conform to what society wants. If a person can physically be born with both male and female genitalia (a hermaphrodite) why can't someone be born with male parts and female hormones or visa verse?? Think about it.



Quote "its not a choice" I assume you are not a Christian,I couldnt tell from your info.Thats not what God says about homosexuality.Why would God make someone gay and then turn around and condemn them for something they cant control?Doesnt make sense...
 
There's lots of stuff on youtube. Did you know that margarine is only one molecule away from plastic? And the moon landing was all fake (I saw the sound stage they set up on Mars.) And don't get me started about the freak show that is a pentecostal church service...

There are horror stories about all kinds of groups, including homosexuals. If you believe them, then buddy I got a bridge I want to sell you. Or how about a gold brick? I can sell you a solid brick of gold, really cheap too. :D


Hey,hey hey watch there,Im a pentecostal!! Im not a freak...much. :) Yes I believe there are gay orgies going on somewhere but there are swingers in your neighborhood too. Lots of stuff going on biscuit but greater is He that is in you! We can make an impact on their lives.Its what Christians ought to be about.
 
Quote "its not a choice" I assume you are not a Christian,I couldnt tell from your info.Thats not what God says about homosexuality.Why would God make someone gay and then turn around and condemn them for something they cant control?Doesnt make sense...


Well, you can say the same thing for a lot of things (drinking, sex, food, etc.). It's a sin to not drink and eat in moderation, and it's a sin to have sex outside of marriage. God made all of these things, yet we find a way to screw them up. There is a lot of stuff that happens during pregnancies that we don't know about, and I don't think every single case is a social or family issue. My personal opinion, I think something biologically could have happened. I don't know. You don't know. None of us do. But God does. And just because one may be gay, that does not mean he or she needs to indulge on it. Jesus resented temptation. I believe God can make a good out of anything, and that includes a person that says he is attracted to men or a woman is attracted to girls.
 
Well, you can say the same thing for a lot of things (drinking, sex, food, etc.). It's a sin to not drink and eat in moderation, and it's a sin to have sex outside of marriage. God made all of these things, yet we find a way to screw them up. There is a lot of stuff that happens during pregnancies that we don't know about, and I don't think every single case is a social or family issue. My personal opinion, I think something biologically could have happened. I don't know. You don't know. None of us do. But God does. And just because one may be gay, that does not mean he or she needs to indulge on it. Jesus resented temptation. I believe God can make a good out of anything, and that includes a person that says he is attracted to men or a woman is attracted to girls.


Quote". I believe God can make a good out of anything, and that includes a person that says he is attracted to men or a woman is attracted to girls"

I disagree with that but more importantly the Bible disagrees with that. God did not create a homosexual then call it an abomination.That is against Gods nature.All sin is a choice,ALL sin is our choice. God will make good out of sinners that repent and change,if we refuse and remain in sin there is nothing he can do for us.

I dont know how something happened biologically now that didnt happen in Bible times.Homosexuality was wrong then as it is now.Its a choice.If not then God is a liar.



ps ,...apparently this was a post in the singles forum,sorry but I just saw and commented
 
being GAY is totally a choice, mixed with the particular personality of the person. Satan loves putting situations across paths of those who would be very susceptible to being 'gay'. Who are they? It's not carved in stone just who will yield and who will 'play' or who will be perfectly 'straight'. The sad thing is....the world applauds those who deviate from the 'norm' and begin to experiment of show signs of being totally gay...no other 'sin' is so celebrated, in books, magazines, TV, media, parades, etc. Who toots their horn if they are a tax evader? Who brags about being a robber? Who broadcasts their private love affairs outside of their marriage? They've even come up with a 'label' of those who do not accept the gay lifestyle...HOMOPHOBIC ! The rainbow, GOD's original promise of not destroying the world again with a flood, is now used as a flag (symbol) for a uniting of gays, printed on posters, bumperstickers, etc. Pastors are encouraged to NOT speak against being gay from the pulpits. To 'hang" with gays used to be 'judgemental" from 'conservatives"..NOw..to be hip and in style, you need to have gay friends, sadly. I have never understood how such a minority of people who are gay have such a large influence on our society.
Nobody, in reality, knows the real nature and heart of those who sit beside them on a church pew, gay or not. I was sitting in church when the doors suddenly burst open and 4 police officers arrested a man on the pew behind me who was found guilty of being an arsonist. Another local church that I am affiliated with, had a service interrupted when a man was arrested there who had killed and mutilated his mother in law. Sin is sin...and all are not exempt from committing it. Why just wonder about being seen with gays? Don't you have other pressing things to worry over? lol
 
Quote". I believe God can make a good out of anything, and that includes a person that says he is attracted to men or a woman is attracted to girls" I disagree with that but more importantly the Bible disagrees with that. God did not create a homosexual then call it an abomination.That is against Gods nature.All sin is a choice,ALL sin is our choice. God will make good out of sinners that repent and change,if we refuse and remain in sin there is nothing he can do for us.I dont know how something happened biologically now that didnt happen in Bible times.Homosexuality was wrong then as it is now.Its a choice.If not then God is a liar.ps ,...apparently this was a post in the singles forum,sorry but I just saw and commented
Of course it's wrong and a sin. I'm not disputing that. I'm disputing how every single person that is gay has to be because of an environmental factor such as rape or being inappropriately touched at a young age. Too much stuff happens during pregnancies that we can't explain. Again, a person that's an alcoholic doesn't have to indulge. A sex and lust addict doesn't have to indulge in pre marital sex and porn. A food addict doesn't have to indulge. So, a gay person doesn't have to indulge in his or her temptation. So yes, God can make a good out of anything, because He can save those sex and porn addicts, those food addicts, and those alcoholics. Why can't He do the same with gays? I've said this numerous of times, yet a lot of Christians still like to say I'm advocating homosexuality. That's ridiculous. I'm not for it, but that doesn't stop me from loving these people, and treating them like brothers and sisters in Christ, something that too many folks on here don't know how to do.
 
Last edited:
Of course it's wrong and a sin. I'm not disputing that. I'm disputing how every single person that is gay has to be because of an environmental factor such as rape or being inappropriately touched at a young age. Too much stuff happens during pregnancies that we can't explain. Again, a person that's an alcoholic doesn't have to indulge. A sex and lust addict doesn't have to indulge in pre marital sex and porn. A food addict doesn't have to indulge. So, a gay person doesn't have to indulge in his or her temptation. So yes, God can make a good out of anything, because He can save those sex and porn addicts, those food addicts, and those alcoholics. Why can't He do the same with gays? I've said this numerous of times, yet a lot of Christians still like to say I'm advocating homosexuality. That's ridiculous. I'm not for it, but that doesn't stop me from loving these people, and treating them like brothers and sisters in Christ, something that too many folks on here don't know how to do.


What Im saying is it is a choice,the same as adultery,alcoholism,over eating as in gorging yourself. The rest of what you said I'd agree with.
 
I can´t answer for another person, but me:

a) As far as I know, I don´t have any. However, I have enjoyed sharing with lesbians (because the are women)

b) Friendship comes after things "shared in common" so, I don´t have similarities with those I haven´t met, as friends.

c) The enviroment, the social enviroment they like, in general, is not the one I would feel confortable so, I´m not prone to pick on those I won´t cope with.

50


Just updating this that I´ve said (above) I want to say that, after this time, I have met several lesbians.

a) Some of them were too young too have enough "emotional" background or things in common (and age do matters to me).

b) The woman I had licked on her face, twice, is that person I have mentioned (recently) on a post, where I showed a puppy like this:



A lesbian is a person who needs love

A sodomite also needs...

But I don´t want my picture taken...

I had better run!

 
I think we should be friends with homosexual people. A lot of them are confused and depressed for being singled out for their sexual preference. Although, homosexuality is bad, so are a lot of things. We need to focus on bettering ourselves so that we can be a light to others, not the other way around. :)
However, if being friends with someone who is of the world and it's affecting you spiritually, then it's better to let that friendship go and just pray for them. It's not just homosexuality but any other type of sin. For example, I used to best friends with a girl that would gossip a lot. It started affecting me and the Lord told me to move on from that friendship. We are still friends, but not as close as we once were.

Ok!

What type of a relationship will you build with a woman who set you this? now: "A lot of them are confused and depressed for being singled out for their sexual preference."

How strong and "safe" would you consider that friendship with an ex-lesbian?

But, on the other hand, if I was this saying: "A lot of them are confused and depressed for being singled out for their sexual preference."

Will you see me as a MAN or as an ex-sodomite?

If you see me as a ministry or the Lord´s service, as an ex-lesbian, I can feel disapointed (or hurt for loosing those hopes)

But if I was a man, who loved men as a sodomite... What would a Christian woman offer him, to leave the wrong way?

How long does it take you to see me as a man, instead of those ways I was?

By the way, since "you" are a newbie, you only have 2 friends and, til this moment 23 visitors checked your "profile", like me.
 
Last edited:
I think we should be friends with homosexual people. A lot of them are confused and depressed for being singled out for their sexual preference. Although, homosexuality is bad, so are a lot of things. We need to focus on bettering ourselves so that we can be a light to others, not the other way around. :)
However, if being friends with someone who is of the world and it's affecting you spiritually, then it's better to let that friendship go and just pray for them. It's not just homosexuality but any other type of sin. For example, I used to best friends with a girl that would gossip a lot. It started affecting me and the Lord told me to move on from that friendship. We are still friends, but not as close as we once were.

What about those OLD men like me?

What about known Pedophyles?

Thoughts and thoughts.
 
Something that always frustrates me is that homosexuality seems to be "singled out" as THE WORST sexual sin.

If we have to ask if we are allowed to be friends with someone who is homosexual, we also have to ask if we are allowed to be friends with people who have live-in significant others, people who do hookups on the weekends, people who watch porn, people who have flirty/sexual conversations on the internet (and many of them are married), people who have impure thoughts...

And this doesn't just apply to the non-Christian circles, as we ALL fit into this category in one way or the other. I've sat in church next to plenty of couples who are members, middle-aged (so they obviously know better), and living together without being married. I've known many Christian singles who regularly participate in hookups, porn, and going to strip clubs. And even if we don't do any of these things, all of us, at one point or another, can admit to thoughts we shouldn't be having. However, if someone is perfect enough to not commit ANY sexual sins, there are an entire host of other sins for which we all qualify, I'm sure.

I read a great story once about a Christian man who had befriended another man who struggled with homosexual temptations. He wrote about how other Christians criticized him and asked, "How can you be friends with a SINNER like that?"

To which, he gave this awesome reply: "How can HE be friends with a sinner like me?"

When I was going through my divorce, my gay friends did more to look after my emotional health than my straight friends at the time.

P.S. Maybe it's different for women, but I've never been afraid of a homosexual person harming me. I HAVE, however, been afraid of several straight guys and their intentions... But as I said, maybe it's different for me as a girl, or maybe it's just me and the people I've encountered.

Never been afraid of a homosexual person. I understand that. I do.
Not many effeminate men have an aggressive or violent disposition. It's like they are in their own world. Preoccupied with the latest fashion. Worried about their hairstyle.
 
For everyone who has an opinion in regards to homosexuals being born gay or not, look at this article. Eight different independent studies, in different countries did research on this topic, specifically from the point of identical twins. Read what they say and consider it. I don't know when the studies were done, because it doesn't say, however I do know the article was written within the last year.

Eight Major Identical Twin Studies Prove Homosexuality Is Not Genetic | RedFlagNews.com