K
kaylagrl
Guest
I do not agree with the feminist movement.I think they've done more damage than good.I do believe as the Bible says that all are equal in Christ.
I do not agree with the feminist movement.I think they've done more damage than good.I do believe as the Bible says that all are equal in Christ.
"Equality" means equal rights. Lifting weights or ability to get knocked up has nothing to do with it.
Did you honestly think that when human rights activists rail against injustices and inequality, they really only want to be able to lift weights like the men folk? No. Just ... No. *sigh*
A lot of feminist's idea of equality includes this idea, "A woman can do anything as well as a man."
LionEyes, do you really believe you are going to Hell?
No, that's a common misconception about feminists, probably due to the fact that most people get their idea of feminism from 14-year-old bloggers and tumblr.
Yes, but let us not digress.
Yes, but let us not digress.
Your logic doesnt betray you here, something else does.Okay im a teen guy (yes im a guy) who wants my wife to have equal say-so in a problem/concern. I also believe that if I am doing something wrong that i want my wife to tell me im wrong, if im sinning she needs to tell me (in love of course, but i dont want her being silent.) Now i came across a post i found online written by a guy. Here it is.
A Christian Wife is to Obey Her Husband in EVERY THING!
Okay, so i think this guy is pretty insane and i have something that proves what he says here is wrong. Please understand that i agree with when he says abortion is murder, and i dont believe feminism is good either, though he is extremely brash when he talks about it. Anyways here is why he is wrong. He says that the Bible tells wives to obey there husbands in EVERYTHING and submit to them. Alright so what if i make this following demand: "Wife since i am over you i demand that you be the head of this house and you are now in control of this marriage do as i say as you are to obey EVERYTHING ." Well Mr. David Stewart, since im the man and she is to obey everything what if i demand her to have the power??
Thus my belief: A wife is to obey God before husband, and is not to do something unbiblical just because her husband says so. I also believe when a husband is sinning or wrong she should tell him in love what his mistake is and try to help him. I dont understand what is wrong with equal power in a marriage? Is it wrong to weigh my wifes advice just as heavily as mine? (when i get married. Anyways i hope i didnt sound too angry or annoyed here. Please forgive me if i offended anyone as that is not my point.
I don't follow God's rules because I simply don't agree with them.
If you believe there is a God and that He is going to send you to Hell, why don't you repent and believe in Jesus instead?
What is so wrong about the roles God created for women?
I cannot see this cruel burden God put on women.
Because I don't want to.
Aside from my intense, personal hatred of them ...
They just don't work. We've had traditional Judeo-Christian gender roles since the beginning of Western civilization, and the relationship between the genders has never been even marginally acceptable. Even though we've made huge strides in gender relations in the past few decades, gendered violence is epidemic in most Western societies. So, no, it's not a case of a small minority of people who abuse the power.
Comparatively, gender egalitarian societies (what few that exist) do work. In such societies, domestic violence and rape are virtually unheard of.
I very much like JFSurvivors view on this, very well thought out!
This still has nothing to do with God at all. You are talking about the earth, and God tells us He is bringing His vengence down on the earth. You are only taking anger that you have on evil and putting it all on God, who had nothing to do with it.
Those things you mention are not from God, but evil people with power of some sort. Also, I notice you are only considering what women go through in the earth, and not what humans go through. You know those young girls who are kidnapped in poor countries filled with violence? You know what happens to their brothers? They are either forced to join their armies, or murdered in front of their families. And though sexual violence is more prevelant in women, it does in fact happen to males, too. Their are young males who are in fact put into sex slavery. I have noticed that the people in todays world are always comparing the suffering of their people alone to everyone else. And they act as if they are the only people in the whole world that do. Every group of people in this world are persecuted, abused, taken advantaged of, murdered and tortured daily. The world is filled with suffering, and every group of people who have ever existed have experienced it in some way. Remember what Christ did? He did not fight. He did not take vengeance. He told us vengeance is for God to take, and that He was coming to take it. And when His persecuters came to Him He did not wage war, He did not do anything. He let them take Him, and He let them torture and kill Him. This is what God means when He says submit. He tells slaves to submit. He tells those being persecuted to endure. You are rewarded by Him when you do so with faith. It is God who will take vengeance on evil ones who hurt you. And this includes abusive husbands.
To this day I have found nothing wrong with Gods roles for women. It always is about the evil of the earth being put on God, when God tells us He is coming to stop the breath of the inhabitants of the earth. I believe those who blame God for these things dont even understand who God is.
A lot of those verses were written because of the times.
Countless times people skip over the second paragraph "Husbands, love your wives just as Christ loved the church".
There would be no problem for me, despite my combative nature, to submit to a husband who loves me the way Jesus does.
Those things you mention are not from God, but evil people with power of some sort.
Also, I notice you are only considering what women go through in the earth, and not what humans go through.
To this day I have found nothing wrong with Gods roles for women. It always is about the evil of the earth being put on God, when God tells us He is coming to stop the breath of the inhabitants of the earth. I believe those who blame God for these things dont even understand who God is.
I have a few questions:
1) if a woman is being abused by her husband should she stay in that situation or should she leave?
2) can you please explain what a woman's role is?
Also you talk about taking vengance. I have not seen anything in here about vengance. All I have seen is people agreeing that it is good for a woman to remove herself if she is in an abusive situation.
As a woman who has been abused I did what I could to remove myself from the situation. I eventually got out and I was angry for a long long time and I wanted to take vengance and I tried (that was wrong of me). My point is that I don't think God would be angry at someone for removing themselves from an abusive situation. I think what he does ask is that we live with the earthy injustice that they WILL get away with it in this lifetime but they will NOT get away with it when they face God. Not taking vengance after all is said and done is hard and it hurts knowing that these people have gotten away with it and I have to make peace with that.