so is it a sin to take meds ( which I rarely take except sinus meds for allergies) or not??
I would say meds are like money, the sin comes when someone covets and puts their faith and trust in them above that of God and His words.
so is it a sin to take meds ( which I rarely take except sinus meds for allergies) or not??
I'm talking about anti psychotics anti depressants ect. not antibiotics or natural supplements.
I would say meds are like money, the sin comes when someone covets and puts their faith and trust in them above that of God and His words.
Good grief! I take statins because there is nothing I can do to control my triglycerides. Without the statins, I'd be doomed to a young life like my grandfather. (He died at 39 years old.)I don't think that using what God gave us in nature to restore and sustain our bodies is wrong, but Petro chemical medicine that only supresses the symptoms of a dis-ease, is nothing less than quackery, just like any backyard mechanic who gives you a hammer to smash out the red light on your dash board that shows something is wrong with your car but not does anything else. Daniel and his friends had great benefit with their diet at the time as well and God tells us to eat the fruit and seeds of nature and wow, seeds are so healthy for you.
Te root of witchcraft is all about control and yes, Big Pharma is out to that and create a pill or vaccine for everything. The germ theory is also not even completely correct as "bacteria are as much the cause of disease as flies are the cause of garbage". Flies are the result of garbage but not the cause, so also with bacteria. But bacteria and viruses are not always the cause as everything comes back to the state of you internal health or everybody would always and everywhere get sick from your flu etc.
"Let thy food be thy medicine and the medicine be thy medicine" is an old saying. In 1500 a scientist said: "Nature to be commanded is to be obeyed"
I have a few Christian friends who reversed their cancer as well. Have a look into Abram Hoffer and Naicin. He reversed psychosis, depression and schizophrenia in 6 months in 88% of his patients back in 1952 and kept working in the field until he was 90 and at that stage he was sharper than most half his age ;-)
Anti-biotics destroy a lot of your gut health, also called the your second brains, as it has more nerve cells than the brain and the Vegas nerve goes straight from the gut through the blood brain barrier. That's why they now reverse autism by restoring gut health. Someone with a head injury has a inflamed gut within 30 minutes and there are nine time more nerves going up the the brain than coming down. Use Oregano oil or coloidal silver instead if you like but use the right form. They used that before 1938.
The Flexner report of 1910 monopolized petro chemical medicine bro and by 1950 most natural schools of medicine had closed as the Rockefeller and Carnegie group had taken over the market. In the congressional records The Fitzgerald report of 1953 shows that there was a real war on unapproved natural medicine going on after they did research after the son of a senator was healed naturally of cancer. The AMA in 1987 was charged and tried Praise God after years trying to destroy the Chiropractic Industry but nothing has changed much. Money makes the world go round and big industry bullies lie and cheat and deceive to stay on top as humans are disposable. So sad.
These days we are all so programmed that, despite we know that a lemon helps with a cold, anything worse and go straight to the mortuary directors (MD) who only get one hour in nutrition during their years of training and only know to give that what they have been taught and told by Big Pharma or loose their profession. Have a look at John Oliver on marketing to Doctors. he is a bit rough on the edges but you will get then point.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQZ2UeOTO3I
Gut health is the key as most chronic disease start there. I had a friend who reversed his non-hodskins lymphoma cancer now 18 years and that started my journey into natural medicine. I was always told natural stuff was quackery being brain washed by the media and the disease management industry. The money is in continuity drugs brother, not in getting people off them. God bless.
The elephant has been watching Snoopy dancing. lolWhat's that phante on? LOL
Depends, if it's real meds it's not a sin, but you still have to watch out. There's so many people who killed themselves because they got antidepressants or something and even one who got regular meds for physical pain. Not everything the doctor or psychiatrist, which I believe is not a real doctor, prescribes is kosher. They told me it was God given medicine in a big church, you have to go to the psychiater, it's good, it's a blessing from God, bless your pills. They know nothing, an atheist drugaddict had more sense: they make oxazepam from opium. You can get that on the black market illegal. Legalized all of a sudden everything is good? Yet someone else got it for his back ache and then I think it's okay. Dunno, just watch out with it. One guy on a forum got antidepressants and all of a sudden wanted to kill himself with a razor blade. On that forum it was forbidden to say those drugs were not good. Well I told him I had exactly the same thing, throw it away and here's T.B. Joshua, listen to him praying for viewers. He did, it was immediately gone. Lol then they removed my post and I got a warning, but he pm'd me to say thanks, it worked, it's gone.so is it a sin to take meds ( which I rarely take except sinus meds for allergies) or not??
I wouldn't do that if God hasn't healed you, but people just have to watch out with that stuff. For me it was the other way around. Almost died because of prozac.Without my meds, I would be dead. Sinful or not, they help to stabilize me. I can beg God to heal me until rapture, but there's no guarantee praying will work. However, if I get an anxiety attack, I can take a Valium and be calm as a cucumber within 20 minutes, so I know it works.
Yeah, yeah...I know...there's some obscure Bible verse to rebuke me with. Whatever. I'm not risking getting off my meds.
Where do people get these utterly absurd ideas?
Revelation 9:21 Says that we shouldn't practice witchcraft [Greek word; Pharmakeia] which is where we get our word pharmacy from.
It's description is sometimes translated by greek scholars as drugs.
I personally get perverse thoughts when I'm off of these medications but when I'm on them I get pretty bad side effects too so it's kind of a hard decision either way.
Now the medical world would tell you that these medications are not bad for you but I think theres many Christians who would say otherwise so it's hard to tell.
I'm talking about anti psychotics anti depressants ect. not antibiotics or natural supplements.
I've been told by pastors I should take my medication and i've been told by pastors their not good for me.
I personally have three diseases and I need to take a different type of medication called anti biotics in addition to the other stuff these make me pretty different because their killing off diseases in my body.
Where do people get these utterly absurd ideas? Medicines have been tested in many double blind studies. They pretty much have all the side effects figured out. As people who use meds, we need to read up on the meds we take, preferably in a Doctor compendium, not just the Internet.
In about 2004, I was so ill, and taking so many meds, I was having to take meds to control the side effects of other meds. My doctor told me I was too complex for him, and gave me the year before's compendium. I read through every drug, and found out a lot of things. Like Reactine, an over the counter medicine my allergist prescribed for allergies was causing my liver enzymes to rise very high, and a cascade effect on a lot of other meds I need to take for RA, asthma, hyperthyroidism etc. I worked very hard to get off a number of meds, and my stomach was healed.
If it was not for my RA meds, I am literally unable to get out of bed, dress myself or feed myself. To say nothing of the grinding, unbearable pain. So I take cancer drugs. But they haven't really worked in more than a year, although a DMARD is working, that is supposed to raise liver enzymes, but mine have stayed low.
So lots of pain killers and anti-inflammatories, and two drugs. Rituxan, a biologic affected my lungs, and they have never completely recovered. And since I already have asthma, another 4 drugs there. Prednisone is my main med for RA, and it keeps me messed up. It is one of the worst meds in existence. I have to keep going off to make sure my adrenal gland doesn't become so addicted it will never work on its own today. And it leeches the bones of calcium, promotes mood swings and irritability. So a drug to counter that and more drugs to put me to sleep, which I don't need or use when I can get a biologic to work.
I do agree drugs can be dangerous. But I have a lot of friends with RA, and we all agree the side effects of the drugs are actually much less hard on our bodies than RA. My feet are terribly deformed, so I can barely move.The left foot has gotten much worse than it was a year ago, before the meds failed.
I seriously beg God to let the medications work.
As for psych meds, my husband suffers from severe depression. There have been weeks and months, where he could not get off the couch. Now he takes 2 meds for it, and he is perfectly functional. He gets up early to read his Bible, then has a lot of projects that need doing around the house, and he tries to fit some kind of exercise in. None of that would be possible without anti-depressant. But again, you do need to be careful. Prozac has a known reputation to cause suicidal ideation and death. So people need to take one of the other 13 AD's rather than just condemning all drugs outright.
I run a bipolar group, and all but one or two take meds. Most have had a very bad experience going off their meds and either trying to commit suicide or becoming manic, both requiring hospitalizations. One that is not taking uses pot instead. Like that is progress. Another one, a Buddhist, uses exercise and meditation. He has lately gotten involved with a Quaker church, which is very positive for him. He went from being an atheist to an agnostic. I do pray and witness to him.
Sorry for yet another long post. If I had a pastor who told me to go off my meds, I would go to the elder board and have him spoken to. If the pastor didn't stop talking such ignorant and dangerous things, I would definitely leave that church. In fact my present pastor has been on medications for severe depression since last spring, and has been on a medical leave. So he knows the value of psych meds and what they do.