Is the smile unique to humans?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

breno785au

Jul 23, 2013
Australia
Pointing someone to Jesus who already claims to have Jesus, combined with the fact that many people that have Jesus have his beliefs because on the surface they do not seem incompatible, combined with people taking interpretative liberties with scripture, makes me think I should try a different approach than repeating something general like that he may be insulted by as I am judging him to not have enough faith.

He is already using his time to look into seeds of the earth and alien conspiracies, so I'm trying to redirect that into some conspiracies that support a biblical interpretation of our universe.

Those scripture that debunk aliens seeding the earth, I'm sure he's read genesis already or is aware of the account. He's already rejected that, I'm trying something he may be unaware of. If I thought posting the creation story would help here that would be my first choice I promise.

The conspiracies are what I needed before I could realize my rejection of scripture was wrong. I'm using personal experience and an approach that he may not heard of and rejected yet. Conspiracies are not superior to the truth or Christ, but people sometimes are not ready to accept either of those.

Why don't you try that approach instead of telling me to? With my limited understanding all I could do is post creation and tell him it's not compatible with his theory, something that fails against evolution and big bang when figurative or inaccurate interpretations are made.
Lol I doubt you reasoned all that out in your mind before you pointed him to NASA hoax conspiracies.

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
I cry that you look at cartoon photos of planets and believe life exists outside of earth. Hopefully OP isn't a lost cause yet, as he's still young and not displaying confident ignorance.
I'm not laughing because I believe in life away from earth, just at your general tin-foil-hat-wearing belief in NASA conspiracies and "occult origins of the globe"..... by the way, don't you believe the earth is flat? Why, then, do you call it a globe?

Today's been almost as rough as yesterday... I need another laugh. Occultist devil worshippers..... :rolleyes:

breno785au

Jul 23, 2013
Australia
I'm not laughing because I believe in life away from earth, just at your general tin-foil-hat-wearing belief in NASA conspiracies and "occult origins of the globe"..... by the way, don't you believe the earth is flat? Why, then, do you call it a globe?

Today's been almost as rough as yesterday... I need another laugh. Occultist devil worshippers..... :rolleyes:
I heard news yesterday of a girl, I think an Australian reached the south pole. Breaking records because of their age and reaching both north and south pole at a young age.

What do these people think of that? Is it fake news or something? Did they have to climb an ice wall at the beginning of their trek?

P

pckts

When I say "occult origins of the globe", I'm not dignifying the term and referring to the earth as a globe. Double check your reading comprehension. If something has occult origins that implies it isn't true.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
This is starting to seem much like a grenade thread. The OP threw a grenade and stood back to watch the explosion...

Feb 28, 2016
a Godly smile from the heart is always genuine, and should be accepted for
the offering of it,,.

Crustyone

Mar 15, 2015
My ex-wife's grandparents had a border collie who would bare her teeth as a smile whenever someone came by and everyone else smiled. No growls, just tail wagging. I guess she was only trying to fit in with her best smile.

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
When I say "occult origins of the globe", I'm not dignifying the term and referring to the earth as a globe. Double check your reading comprehension. If something has occult origins that implies it isn't true.
Well, if you want to get snarky about it, if you had intended to say that, you should have said "the occult origins of the concept of the earth as a globe, instead of it being flat."

The earth was the subject, and globe was an incorrect (occult derived) descriptive term. Your sentence makes the globe the subject, which goes against your well-known belief that our earth is flat..... which is why I questioned you.

While my reading comprehension is not as good as I would like it to be, it is certainly much better than you seem to think it is.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
My little girl (doggy) always "smiles" at me. What I mean is, when she is happy, she raises her lip and shows me her teeth. Sometimes she opens her mouth wide to show me all of them.

She is always a happy little one, and she makes me very happy, reminding me to love her no
matter what. She is always good, even when she goofs up, that is all it is is a goof up, not being
bad.

Dec 12, 2013
All I know is it takes less muscles to smile then frown... :)

Lighthearted

Oct 17, 2016
I dont think so. Ive seen dogs smile...one of mine did when you asked her to, a rabbit I had would smile when getting a massage...and drool mind you, and I believe other animals may have the ability to smile with either their mouths, tails, eyes, and other body language and behavior when they are happy.
I also believe we smile with our eyes as well as our behavior and body language.