It was unfair to mankind

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 5, 2015
The Bible considers everyone being born into this world, a sinner. Even the new born baby who haven't done any wrong is considered a sinner (Psa.51:5),
Now wasn't it unfair that we were made sinners because of one man, Adam. It was not us who sinned but he, Adam. We became sinners because we carry Adam's corrupted sinful blood in our veins. Just think of it, my father committed a crime, but his children is held responsible for it and must suffer the punishment of death. That's totally unfair. God knew that it was unfair that's why He decided to send His Son to take away that old debt, Adam's sin that we got by inheritance. "There is the Lamb of God that taketh away the sin of the WORLD, not the righteous, not the good, but the sinful world. The Bible speaks of our Old Sin. Christ dealt with our OLD Inherited Sin which was un-wilfully placed on us, that debt was CANCELLED OUT. But we are guilty of personal sin. A baby's inherited sin from Adam is cancelled on the cross and since they haven;t committed any personal, they get saved.

N

NoNameMcgee

I believe it is more likely that babies get saved.....

God can even reach us in the womb.....

luke 1
41 And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost:

42 And she spake out with a loud voice, and said, Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb.

43 And whence is this to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?

44 For, lo, as soon as the voice of thy salutation sounded in mine ears, the babe leaped in my womb for joy.

I say it is unfair to Christ that He had to come do what we could not.... and then pay what we can not... to give us what we don't deserve.....

and even now we need Him desperately to justify us because without Him we deserve punishment for much more than just 1 sin

Feb 5, 2015
I believe it is more likely that babies get saved.....

God can even reach us in the womb.....

luke 1
41 And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost:

42 And she spake out with a loud voice, and said, Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb.

43 And whence is this to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?

44 For, lo, as soon as the voice of thy salutation sounded in mine ears, the babe leaped in my womb for joy.

I say it is unfair to Christ that He had to come do what we could not.... and then pay what we can not... to give us what we don't deserve.....

and even now we need Him desperately to justify us because without Him we deserve punishment for much more than just 1 sin
Exactly brother, as it was unfair to Christ, so it was unfair to mankind to be made un-wilful sinners by no choice, thats why God sent His Son to make things right

N

NoNameMcgee

God has always been more than fair to me...😅

So I guess we disagree...

Jesus is overwhelming mercy on a wicked people.... not "making things right"...

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
The Bible considers everyone being born into this world, a sinner. Even the new born baby who haven't done any wrong is considered a sinner (Psa.51:5),
Now wasn't it unfair that we were made sinners because of one man, Adam. It was not us who sinned but he, Adam. We became sinners because we carry Adam's corrupted sinful blood in our veins. Just think of it, my father committed a crime, but his children is held responsible for it and must suffer the punishment of death. That's totally unfair. God knew that it was unfair that's why He decided to send His Son to take away that old debt, Adam's sin that we got by inheritance. "There is the Lamb of God that taketh away the sin of the WORLD, not the righteous, not the good, but the sinful world. The Bible speaks of our Old Sin. Christ dealt with our OLD Inherited Sin which was un-wilfully placed on us, that debt was CANCELLED OUT. But we are guilty of personal sin. A baby's inherited sin from Adam is cancelled on the cross and since they haven;t committed any personal, they get saved.
I have actually taken this sort of thought much further. To as far as i can and the question it ultimately poses is, essentially, unanswerable and potentially destructive to faith. My goal is not to discourage peoples faith, nor be attacked by people who 'think' they have the answer and will criticize me for even thinking it, so i won't post it. But your question can go deeper.

Dec 9, 2011
The Bible considers everyone being born into this world, a sinner.
sin Is not Imputed where there Is no law and because sin Is not Imputed where there Is no law,a person Becomes aware that they are sinning.
GOD Is fair and HE looks at the heart/motives.

blueluna5

Jul 30, 2018
Time is relative & a physical property.

Imagine that everything happened at the same time. You were born alongside of Adam. Have you never sinned? A person can only sin as much as their understanding allows. So obviously an adult can have much greater sins than a child. But in God's eyes we're all children. And God desires to give us understanding.

So God was trying to fix a wrong in a sense, but it certainly wasn't fair for him to do. It was mercy.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Jesus was purposed from before the foundation of the world.

John 3:3 Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again.”

4 “How can someone be born when they are old?” Nicodemus asked. “Surely they cannot enter a second time into their mother’s womb to be born!”

5 Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit. 6 Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit. 7 You should not be surprised at my saying, ‘You must be born again.’"

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
'Fair' is me paying the penalty for my own sin.

I'm good with 'unfair'.

Dec 12, 2013
Exactly why faith, salvation and justification are a free GIFT in Christ...........and there is evidence that babies, children and those mentally incapable of making a conscience decision are safe under the blood until they reach a point where they understand their nature

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Babies are born with a sinful nature but that is not the same as actually being born sinful. It is when the sinful nature is acted upon that sin results. In the verse you provided it is David who said that "surely I was sinful at birth". That was his own personal estimation and not necessarily God's.

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
Now wasn't it unfair that we were made sinners because of one man, Adam. It was not us who sinned but he, Adam. We became sinners because we carry Adam's corrupted sinful blood in our veins must suffer the punishment of death. That's totally unfair. God knew that it was unfair that's why He decided to send His Son to take away that old debt, Adam's sin that we got by inheritance. "There is the Lamb of God that taketh away the sin of the WORLD, not the righteous, not the good, but the sinful world. The Bible speaks of our Old Sin. Christ dealt with our OLD Inherited Sin which was un-wilfully placed on us, that debt was CANCELLED OUT. But we are guilty of personal sin. A baby's inherited sin from Adam is cancelled on the cross and since they haven;t committed any personal, they get saved.
What you're teaching here has been believed for a long time, but its not true. Sin isn't inherited, but knowledge is and sin comes from knowing evil and thinking or doing it. Or from knowing to do good and not doing it.
And sin is forgiven by asking God for forgiveness and repenting.

Feb 28, 2016
'sin' is definitely inherited, 'cain vs. able'...

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
'sin' is definitely inherited, 'cain vs. able'...
The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, neither shall the children be put to death for the fathers: every man shall be put to death for his own sin. Deu.24:16

Cain will be put to death for his own sin, not Adams.

Feb 5, 2015
Babies are born with a sinful nature but that is not the same as actually being born sinful. It is when the sinful nature is acted upon that sin results. In the verse you provided it is David who said that "surely I was sinful at birth". That was his own personal estimation and not necessarily God's.
By one man, 1st Adam, sin was brought into the world upon all men, by One Man, 2nd Adam, the sin that the 1st Adam brought upon us was removed from the world, ("There is the Lamb of God that taketh away the sin of the world") Its a mystery only if we can see it. The 1st Adam was sinless but became corrupted by sin. The 2nd Adam was sinless and NEVER sinned but was MADE a sinner when the sin of the world brought through 1st Adam was placed on Him. So what God through Christ is saying, I have removed, cancelled, forgiven your sin, "GO AND SIN NO MORE". But there's something God want's us to do for Him, believe with a heart of repentance in the sacrifice He made for us. Mercy = 2b given a 2nd chance. Grace = doing one a favor without expectation of return. God Chose to save us. I can only imagine why that devil is so pissed at us coz we got a 2nd chance, and he not. There's something very deep about what Adam told God about Eve.

Feb 5, 2015
The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, neither shall the children be put to death for the fathers: every man shall be put to death for his own sin. Deu.24:16

Cain will be put to death for his own sin, not Adams.
Rom.5:12

Feb 5, 2015
Thanks 4 that Scripture brother. Sounds fair right, every man must pay for his own crime. Acc to Scripture, the whole human race was made sinners un-wilfully by not having any choice. (That's inherited sin) But my personal sin is what I did by CHOICE. Scripture says that Levi paid tithes while yet in the loins of his great grandfather Abraham. The human race was in the loins of Adam when he sinned.
(Rom.5:12) So the whole human race was in the 2nd Adam when He paid the penalty of sin, but we need to accept God gracious gift

Jan 12, 2019
Once you realized, from Romans 5:12-19, how unfair it is that, as long as you are born into Adam, you have a sinful nature as a free gift without you doing anything. Also, this is a gift that you cannot let go merely by renouncing Adam, nor by doing good deeds, then you will understand what OSAS is really saying.

Jesus's gift of his righteousness to you is just as unfair. You did not do anything to gain what is his. Now, you did no sin, you knew no sin, and in you there is no sin. And people actually think you can lose this gift by the things you do, good or bad, when you cannot lose Adam's free gift by not doing evil/or doing good.

Dec 9, 2011
I know what you mean but everything that Is,came from GOD,but the devil has twisted It so then saying that the sinful nature Is a free gift can be misleading just say adam passed his sinful blood to the next man.