Justification has not come about because of anything believers are capable of achieving on their own

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jun 15, 2020
Well I don't seek justification because there is nothing to be justified, everything that I have done wrong or done in general that would need justification is all on me I have no excuse.

I suppose what I seek is inner healing, as much as I am always concerned about the inner healing of others it has come to my attention that while seeking others healing I neglected my own. Sure it may be noble but it also has crippled me as well I struggle with inner demons inner pains inner bleeding and inner chains that I do not have the ability to break or cure, if I cannot have healing how am I suppose to help other to heal
I got so close to the Lord Christ that I broke into a very close and tight fellowship with him. As soon as that happened is when I changed. And I mean just like that within a second I was different.

Nov 26, 2012
I like your heart and enjoy having fellowship with you. But I'm not nice like you. I don't care if people read my stuff or not. I put it out there for all to see. Let anyone think upon what I write if they would enjoy doing so. By the way, did you read all of my 200 pages concerning the Christ. You said you already knew all that.
I glanced at it. I’m sure it’s a blessing to many. I’ve done my share of study and have renewed my mind. I am in Christ and Christ is in me. Maybe I will return to it. From what I saw, it was nothing the Spirit hadn’t told me.

Mar 23, 2016
You're the only one on this site along with me that believes the following...

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!" 2 Cor 5:17
Not true, Peterlag, that you and Angela are the only ones on this site who believe 2 Cor 5:17.

Peterlag said:
We cannot make ourselves become alive, because we are dead in our sins.
We were dead in sin ... at the time we were born again, we became alive in the Lord Jesus Christ.

May 23, 2020
It seems to me that focusing on our justification IS putting US at the center. We do not focus on Him but on what He has done for US. If we lived with a man or woman who constantly focused on how they were in good relationship with us and how this frees them up from having to do anything to please us or do any tasks that further us in our goals because they felt that everything for the relationship had already been done by us, would that be a pleasant living arrangement? They talk about what we did for them and how great it is insisting that this is focusing on us, but would it feel like we were at the center? Isn't their feelings about their lives at the center?

The NT, by the way, mostly deals with what God wants us to do NOW THAT WE ARE JUSTIFIED. I can go through the NT (and the OT as well) and will probably find more scriptures about how GOd wants us to live expressed in the command form to us, than what He has done for us and how we are to feel about that. We are justified so that we might make choices pleasing to God not so that we feel good about us being justified.

Jun 15, 2020
Not true, Peterlag, that you and Angela are the only ones on this site who believe 2 Cor 5:17.

We were dead in sin ... at the time we were born again, we became alive in the Lord Jesus Christ.
You make me very happy to know that I'm not the only one who believes the Lord gave me a new nature when the spirit of Christ came within.

Mar 23, 2016
Well I don't seek justification because there is nothing to be justified, everything that I have done wrong or done in general that would need justification is all on me I have no excuse.

I suppose what I seek is inner healing, as much as I am always concerned about the inner healing of others it has come to my attention that while seeking others healing I neglected my own. Sure it may be noble but it also has crippled me as well I struggle with inner demons inner pains inner bleeding and inner chains that I do not have the ability to break or cure, if I cannot have healing how am I suppose to help other to heal
1 John 3:

16 Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.

17 But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?

18 My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.

Sounds like you've got 1 John 3:16-18 down, Blain. However, have you read through to vs 21?

19 And hereby we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before him.

20 For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things.

21 Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God.

God is greater than your heart, Blain. He knows your inner demons, pains, bleeding, chains. And He has set you free from the bondage of those things which continue to drag you away from Him.

When you see yourself falling prey to those things, turn your heart back to the Lord Jesus Christ. Rest in Him and have Him lead you through those difficult times. He will always be there to help you, to guide you, to bring you safely through whatever trial you are facing.

Mar 23, 2016
You make me very happy to know that I'm not the only one who believes the Lord gave me a new nature when the spirit of Christ came within.
There are many more who post on this site who understand who we are in Christ. And there is a wealth of Scriptural information to be gleaned from the members here.

May 23, 2020
That is a fairly dishonest statment regarding yourself, not that you are not glad but that you assume that you and one other person are the only ones who believe the Lord gave you (and one other) a new nature. Don't you see that this is fairly self-centered? You actually ought to be sad that only two people here believe that. Those who have walked with Him a while are glad for as many people believing the truth rather than glad that they alone (or maybe one other) know the truth. If a believer's interests are the Lords, they are sad when only two have a new nature from Him.

I am glad to report that many people here believe that they received a new nature when the Spirit of Christ came within. Very very many.

Mar 23, 2016
It seems to me that focusing on our justification IS putting US at the center. We do not focus on Him but on what He has done for US. If we lived with a man or woman who constantly focused on how they were in good relationship with us and how this frees them up from having to do anything to please us or do any tasks that further us in our goals because they felt that everything for the relationship had already been done by us, would that be a pleasant living arrangement? They talk about what we did for them and how great it is insisting that this is focusing on us, but would it feel like we were at the center? Isn't their feelings about their lives at the center?

The NT, by the way, mostly deals with what God wants us to do NOW THAT WE ARE JUSTIFIED. I can go through the NT (and the OT as well) and will probably find more scriptures about how GOd wants us to live expressed in the command form to us, than what He has done for us and how we are to feel about that. We are justified so that we might make choices pleasing to God not so that we feel good about us being justified.
good points, DorothyMae

Jun 15, 2020
That is a fairly dishonest statment regarding yourself, not that you are not glad but that you assume that you and one other person are the only ones who believe the Lord gave you (and one other) a new nature. Don't you see that this is fairly self-centered? You actually ought to be sad that only two people here believe that. Those who have walked with Him a while are glad for as many people believing the truth rather than glad that they alone (or maybe one other) know the truth. If a believer's interests are the Lords, they are sad when only two have a new nature from Him.

I am glad to report that many people here believe that they received a new nature when the Spirit of Christ came within. Very very many.
Yeah but it did not come from my mind. I was just sharing with some nice person off the cuff what someone just said to me. That I was the only one on here here that believed what I do they said.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
You're the only one on this site along with me that believes the following...

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!" 2 Cor 5:17

We cannot make ourselves become alive, because we are dead in our sins.
I know there are many others who believe as I do. You may have not met them yet, but they are here. Many I do not know, and others I do know!

I have read the Bible a lot! Over 50 times in English, French and German. The OT in Hebrew, the NT in Koine Greek. The more we read the Bible, the more God both teaches and transforms us. Not legalism, but cooperating with the Holy Spirit to change us into mature disciples of Christ. I believe many will believe the whole truth of the Bible, if they would only read it. Till then, we pray!

Jun 15, 2020
I know there are many others who believe as I do. You may have not met them yet, but they are here. Many I do not know, and others I do know!

I have read the Bible a lot! Over 50 times in English, French and German. The OT in Hebrew, the NT in Koine Greek. The more we read the Bible, the more God both teaches and transforms us. Not legalism, but cooperating with the Holy Spirit to change us into mature disciples of Christ. I believe many will believe the whole truth of the Bible, if they would only read it. Till then, we pray!
I have reasons to believe the Bible is for the purpose to take us someplace. And then we graduate and and don't have much need to read it again. We graduate from grade school, high school, and collage. I noticed not to many graduate from reading the Bible.

May 23, 2020
Yeah but it did not come from my mind. I was just sharing with some nice person off the cuff what someone just said to me. That I was the only one on here here that believed what I do they said.
Well you are responsible for what you said, not what others said. You aren’t the only one who has received a new life with Jesus.

Jun 15, 2020

It was an honest statement made just after someone told me that everyone on here sees the Scriptures different than I do. I made it to someone I was speaking to kind a off the cuff.

Jun 15, 2020
Well you are responsible for what you said, not what others said. You aren’t the only one who has received a new life with Jesus.
So you too believe the following...

I see the "sin nature" as something that existed before Jesus Christ destroyed it when the spirit of Christ came within the believer. This spirit is indeed a life form that is in all Christians and it seems to me one cannot understand and therefore function or be in the spirit if our old nature (which is dead) thinks in it's unrenewed mind that it suppose to be fighting against the new nature. Paul wrote in Galatians 2:20, "I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me:" That's what I'm talking about. I now understand being in Christ is being in the spirit and neither of them (in Christ or in the spirit) has anything to do with the darn flesh. It now seems perfectly clear to walk in the spirit is the same as putting on the Lord Jesus Christ.

May 23, 2020
So you too believe the following...

I see the "sin nature" as something that existed before Jesus Christ destroyed it when the spirit of Christ came within the believer. This spirit is indeed a life form that is in all Christians and it seems to me one cannot understand and therefore function or be in the spirit if our old nature (which is dead) thinks in it's unrenewed mind that it suppose to be fighting against the new nature. Paul wrote in Galatians 2:20, "I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me:" That's what I'm talking about. I now understand being in Christ is being in the spirit and neither of them (in Christ or in the spirit) has anything to do with the darn flesh. It now seems perfectly clear to walk in the spirit is the same as putting on the Lord Jesus Christ.
From whence comes this thought from what I wrote??

I wrote that the focus one self whether justified or not is self focused still.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
No need to pat yourself on the back. That is the general understanding of all evangelical and fundamentalist Christians. The New Birth produces the new nature.

Also, don't assume that that makes you someone having *sinless perfection*. Even Paul (an outstanding man of God) was not that presumptuous.

While God makes His children "new creatures (or creations) in Christ", that does not mean that the old Adamic sin nature is automatically eradicated. What it does mean is that the indwelling Holy Spirit empowers the saint to walk in the Spirit and crucify the flesh. Believers will only be perfected and glorified at the Resurrection/Rapture. Therefore it behooves everyone to examine themselves daily, and particularly before partaking of the Lord's Supper.

1 CORINTHIANS 11:WE ARE TO EXAMINE AND JUDGE OURSELVES
26 For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.
27 Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.
28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup.
29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.
30 For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep.
31 For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.
32 But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.

Getting back to the title of the thread, justification is purely an act of God, who by His grace alone declares a vile sinner to be AS RIGHTEOUS AS CHRIST, simply because he or she has believed on the Lord Jesus Christ and repented for the remission of sins. But justification should not be confused with sanctification, and sanctification should not be confused with glorification (Rom 8:29,30).

Mar 23, 2016

I believe that in this lifetime there will always be lessons to learn and God continues to work in our hearts to bring increase to our understanding. I cannot tell you how many times I have read a passage I have read many times before and for some reason, God just brings a deeper understanding to my heart. I just thank Him for being so loving toward me to bring me along as He waits patiently until I was ready to understand. I love God so much ... He is so wonderful!!!

And I am in agreement that there are many wonderful believers on this site and I am so thankful to have such faithful men and women who love God and who share what God teaches them in His Word so that others can grow in knowledge.

Mar 23, 2016
I have reasons to believe the Bible is for the purpose to take us someplace. And then we graduate and and don't have much need to read it again. We graduate from grade school, high school, and collage. I noticed not to many graduate from reading the Bible.
Wow. You believe there is no need to read Scripture? Is that what you're saying? ... interesting.

Jun 15, 2020
Wow. You believe there is no need to read Scripture? Is that what you're saying? ... interesting.
Why do we continue to read the same book over and over? We don't do that with any of our school books or any other book that we read.