KING JAMES VERSION BIBLE VS. MODERN ENGLISH BIBLE

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
D

Depleted

I feel like the King James Version Bible is a flawless and 100% whole and perfect translation of God. By God's Decision, Shown in proof by God's work and will , in efforts for it to be chosen to lead the English speaking people to God's absolutely pure and perfect word.
- 2 Corinthians 11:3-4 (KJV)
I feel tired, sore, and impatient for nothing in particular.

Thankfully, I don't judge stuff on feelings. How about you stop trusting your feeling and seek real answers? Feelings are fleeting. Reality ain't.

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
I make Janis Joplin sound like Celine Deon in comparison. lol
busted flat in Baton Rouge.....

She had a rough voice, but she held nothing back when she sang....

too many cigarettes, too much whisky....

John146

Jan 13, 2016
God knew what would become of the English language and how the great modern missionary movement of the late 1700's through the early 1900's would be carried out by American and English missionaries carrying one Bible and translating it into hundreds of foreign languages and dialects. No Bible in history has been used, honored and hated as much as the King James Bible. The King James Bible was even read out loud from space as the astronauts orbited the moon.

God also knew the great battle concerning the preservation of His words would take place during the times of the falling away from the faith before the glorious return of the Lord Jesus Christ. I think it quite possible that we are living in those times now. Never before has the Holy Bible itself been under such fierce attack. The supreme irony is that those who now attack the Bible are those who bear the name of Christians.

Many on this very Christian board room refuse to believe that God has in fact preserved His words in the one Book that has been used and blessed by God a hundred times more than any other. History and the sovereignty of God bear witness that the King James Bible is that one Book, without proven error.

I am in agreement with what one Bible believing Baptist church has posted on their website. The church is Calvary Baptist Church located in Monticello, Florida. Their pastor writes: Unintelligent questions like, “Where was the preserved word of God before 1611?” and “Which Bible was the infallible word of God before the King James?” are ignorant of history, and church history in particular.

This consideration also delves into the sober thought of God using men. For if God wanted to, could He not have printed a Bible, bound it in book form, and delivered it in 150 A.D.? [The book of Revelation was complete after 90 A.D.] Instead, He chose to use men, copyists, and the historical timeline (which of course He already knew) as to when the whole revelation could be transmitted in book form with all 66 canonical books. He actually waited till:

1. Man was smart enough to invent a printing press.
2. The Reformation was nearly over.
3. The modern period of the English language became dominate.
4. A new country was in the building, which would grant the first real liberty to Bible believers apart from the state, and would put His book (biblos) all over the globe.

Scholars and preachers who correct the AV forget that it was the AV that brought about every major revival in the world, and NOT the original autographs. It was a result of the Reformation, and was established by God’s Holy Spirit as the absolute standard of the scriptures.

D

Depleted

You people act like you have no knowledge of the Protestant Reformation, and if you do your wildly crazy for not seeing that a all powerful being wouldn't chose the BEST option to represent himself for all of English speaking humanity.

If God smacked you in the face would you recognize his actions?
- 1 Corinthians 2:13 (KJV)

This is something else that says false doctrine leads to hell: Maybe a little off topic
- 2 Peter 2:1-3 (KJV)

At this point I have no concern for your personal Salvation.
Dude! I am reformed! And, sure enough, King Jimmy wasn't!

D

Depleted

The protestant reformation was not perfect. So your argument´s base is invalid.
Actually, since Jimmy didn't like it, the argument is more invalid than you imagine.

Dec 28, 2016
You people act like you have no knowledge of the Protestant Reformation, and if you do your wildly crazy for not seeing that a all powerful being wouldn't chose the BEST option to represent himself for all of English speaking humanity.
Uh...the Reformation happened well prior to the 1611, and you're showing that you're ignorant of what you claim to know.

This is something else that says false doctrine leads to hell: Maybe a little off topic

The above is trollish behavior and not close to Christian.

D

Depleted

busted flat in Baton Rouge.....

She had a rough voice, but she held nothing back when she sang....

too many cigarettes, too much whisky....
The only song she ever sang that showed she had a voice. I'm thinking more of that song sung a Capella. (I'd name it, but it's so anti-Christian -- and sadly seems quite a bit like this thread -- that it seems wrong for this site.)

D

Depleted

Uh...the Reformation happened well prior to the 1611, and you're showing that you're ignorant of what you claim to know.

Actually, the reformation was still spreading in the beginning of the 17th century.

Sadly, so was its counterpoint -- "the enlightenment." (Which wasn't enlightening at all.)

D

Depleted

As for troll? Already got that 11 pages ago. That's the only reason he/she is here.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee

God's doesn't chose the best option for anything. What God does is always the only right and only thing to do in accord with His will and desire.

I guess on this site there are 'you people' and 'you'.

Personally, this is not a cause of concern for me.

Lucy-Pevensie

Dec 20, 2017
The title of the thread is the give away of the intent of this controlling spirit.

Division. The English Bibles are not on opposite sides in an epic all-or-nothing fight to the death. We as The body of Christ benefit from the translations we have available. We really shouldn't let this form of elitism become too entrenched in the church.

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
The only song she ever sang that showed she had a voice. I'm thinking more of that song sung a Capella. (I'd name it, but it's so anti-Christian -- and sadly seems quite a bit like this thread -- that it seems wrong for this site.)
You talkin about the Mercedes Benz song?

She had quite a few songs that I liked... Cry Baby, A Little Piece of My Heart, Get It While You Can, etc.....

trofimus

Aug 17, 2015
God knew what would become of the English language and how the great modern missionary movement of the late 1700's through the early 1900's
And he also knew that in the 21st century it will be outdated.

No Bible in history has been used, honored and hated as much as the King James Bible.
Not true. Please give up your anglo-centrism.

For example Latin Vulgate or Greek Septuagint beat the KJV in every respect. They are used for thousands of years. KJV is here 400 years and is already outdated.

The King James Bible was even read out loud from space as the astronauts orbited the moon.
Irrelevant. Astronauts are no authority for Christianity.

The rest is too long.

Last edited:

Lucy-Pevensie

Dec 20, 2017

She had quite a few songs that I liked... Cry Baby, A Little Piece of My Heart, Get It While You Can, etc.....
I like Cry baby, Ball & Chain and her rendition of Summertime.

D

Depleted

That's it! (I only remember the first words of a song, and keep thinking that's the title automatically. lol)

Truthfully, I can't think of any song she sang I don't like, but agree with you on Cry, Baby! I sort-a-air-guitar when I hear that song. I can't sing, even to her levels of screaming, so I mime it with my whole being whenever it comes on. Apparently, I'm amusing, since hubby starts chuckling at the first notes, knowing what I just got to do after that.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
The title of the thread is the give away of the intent of this controlling spirit.

Division. The English Bibles are not on opposite sides in an epic all-or-nothing fight to the death. We as The body of Christ benefit from the translations we have available. We really shouldn't let this form of elitism become too entrenched in the church.

We don't worry about Satan's influence in our scripture reading because of our teacher.

1 John 2:27:
"But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him."

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Now I think that Russian can be the main language of the Bible, because they were first :)

Mind you, that Cosmonaut looks like he came from the pages of Cosmopolitan. Can you say "airbrushed", boys and girls?