Ladies, What Kind of Hairstyles Do You Like on Guys?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Hey Everyone,

I had wanted to make a post in MegMarch's awesome thread about long or short hair, but I didn't want to distract from her topic.

And so, it seems only fair if we start the female counterpart of that thread. :)

When asked whether men prefer long or short hair on women, the overwhelming answer, hands down, was that men love long, flowing, silky tresses.

I have read this several times from various sources, and it always makes me nervous. When I was in my teens, I had a medical emergency that resulted in some complications, and when I finally recovered, my hair fell out by the handful for months, and never recovered its original thickness.

My hair is naturally straight, and ever since then, I have almost always gotten perms in order to try to "fluff out" my hair and make it look fuller.

I understand that guys are attracted to long, full hair. But what happens as women get older and their hair starts to thin? I have noticed that my hair gets a little thinner every year, and I've often wondered if/when the day will come that I'll have to get extensions or even a wig because I've always read that most men see women with short hair as being unattractive and unfeminine (and even un-Godly.)

Unfortunately, hair is something none of us can really control.

And so, I was wondering what the response would be to preferences for the length, and/or amount of hair on the men! :)

How do you all prefer a man's hair to be?

* Long or short?

* Straight, wavy, curly?

* Salt and pepper, or pure gray?

* Receding, thinning, or bald?

* If a man's hair gets too thin, should he just shave it off or rock what he has for as long as he can?

* How do you all feel about comb-overs? And how about if a man wears a wig or toupee?

I am not trying to sound critical in any way -- I'm just someone who is always pondering what we all -- both men and women -- think is "ideal", and how it actually compares to reality, and how (or if?) we will learn to compromise between the two.

Everyone is welcome to answer, and I'll be looking forward to your thoughts! :)

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I don't know what the preponderance of answers will be, but I can tell you what my hair will always be - whatever takes the least maintenance.

What? You know felines tend to indolence. =^.^=

love_comes_softly

Feb 13, 2019
I love thinking about the other side of things. Good job @seoulsearch!

My number one preference is that it's clean.

I find myself attracted to short hair or a bit longer (like some length, a few inches). I'm not the biggest fan of long hair, but there are some guys who can pull it off.

Color- Not at all picky about this. :)

Going_Nowhere

Nov 10, 2019
Just wanted to say....

Nice profile picture, seoulsearch. You look really pretty....if that is you. :)

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Just wanted to say....

Nice profile picture, seoulsearch. You look really pretty....if that is you. :)
I agree. I love her glasses.

Aw, thanks very much. These days, the only selfies (of me) that I like seem to be in black and white!

Going Nowhere, you have a very sincere, handsome smile. :)

As for my identity... There are a few members on the site who have had the (possibly questionable :D) experience of seeing me show up at their doorstep... So they would have to be the ones to tell you if I'm real or not. :)

Meg, thanks for the comment about the glasses. I was going for a retro 50's vibe. :cool: You are beautiful and you write excellent threads and posts! We are glad to have you here in Singles. :geek:

And, I hear you about the man buns, along with Love Comes Softly's comment about clean hair.

I think as long as the style suits him and he has good hygiene, I can work with most anything, lol. :) Though I do admit that I like it when guys aren't afraid to try different looks if there is the option to do so.

I went through a long time where I would grow my hair out for a few years, then cut it all off, because it felt like a cleansing experience and the start of a new beginning in my life. I had secretly hoped that the "right" guy for me would fall in love with me while I had short hair (since guys tend to see that as being less attractive), but these days, I tend to keep it about shoulder-length.

Like many women, my hair only seems to grow to a certain point and won't grow any longer, so I figure I'll enjoy the versatility of having it long for now.

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
Hmmmmm.....well I think a well trimmed beard is nice on any man really. But as far as hair I tend to like a medium length that is layered. That or like shaven even.

486D4651-0210-46C9-9E2C-316C2D5C23E0.jpeg B0689755-69C0-4084-8C7B-867CDD25E0AB.jpeg 13E1B411-5912-4B81-9247-CF3733F30EB6.jpeg

Nov 20, 2019
I have just one preference when it comes to hair loss. Shave off your biker ponytail when it gets thin at the top...oh no. Please, it will be a service to society.

I rather like short hair on men. At least no longer than shoulder length. if you can get it into a ponytail it is too long for my taste. Straight or wavy, but honestly it's not something I care much about.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
I have just one preference when it comes to hair loss. Shave off your biker ponytail when it gets thin at the top...oh no. Please, it will be a service to society.

I rather like short hair on men. At least no longer than shoulder length. if you can get it into a ponytail it is too long for my taste. Straight or wavy, but honestly it's not something I care much about.
Tin!

It's so awesome to have you back! Can't wait to see all the mischief (er, I mean, insight and deep thought) you bring back to the forums!

Welcome back!! :love:

S

Susanna

I don’t know, but a tinfoil hat is never wrong:

1574647450709.jpeg

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
my first bf had a pony tail. dude had long hair, but mine was longer lol.