Ladies, What Kind of Hairstyles Do You Like on Guys?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
If a man has a widows peak what does that mean?
Steer clear, he could be a vampire? Or some other meaning?

Or Is it better with a fringe. I am undecided.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
LOL I'm just saying in general he's a good looking guy. Like most women would agree he's cute at least.
Name a woman that is hot and is bald. It's much harder to find men who would be attracted to bald woman than a woman be attracted to a bald man. I think.
I have no idea about "hot" but Sinead O'Connor was pretty cool. Good voice too.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
1 Corinthians 11:14-15 King James Version (KJV)
14 Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?

15 But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering.

Something the Bible has to say about women and men’s hair.
That doesn't sound like long hair on a woman is absolutely required though. Of course it's beautiful and may bring her glory but sometimes it's not feasible.
I mean it allows you a peek into our psyche. It’s what we are naturally attracted to because that’s how it’s supposed to be. 🙂 From the male perspective (and biblical).
I think it's interesting that the women in this thread have posted/mentioned a variety of hairstyles they like on men, but in the men's thread, the answer is almost universal -- long hair is IT.

My only concern with long hair on a woman and men's attraction to it being seen as "Biblical" is, what happens if a woman can't have long hair?

I'm not sure if most men know this (simply because many haven't grown out their own hair), but hair will often grow only to a certain length, and then stop growing. Some people's hair won't grow any longer, no matter how long they leave it uncut or try to let it grow. I know I'm one of those people -- although my hair will grow to a fairly decent length, it won't grow much after that. Bu some some women, try as they might, can only grow their hair to say, chin length, etc.

I've also heard men say that it's ugly and unfeminine when women cut their hair short. But if you look around, the majority of older women have short hair -- there is a reason for that -- and it's often not because that's what they want.

Maybe the guys have noticed their hair thinning out as they get older? The same thing happens to women, and many women get to a point where cutting it is their only option. This is why many older women cut their hair and get perms -- thinning hair usually does not look so great when you try to grow it out, and so they cut it and perm it in order to try to make the most of what they do have.

Is a woman of God somehow unGodly if she cuts her hair short? If a man marries a woman with long hair and she eventually has to cut it short, should he leave her for a woman with long hair, because a man liking long hair on a woman is "Biblical?"

I heard a sermon preached once about I Corinthians 11:14-15 in which the pastor interpreted this passage as being more about following the roles God has set for men and women rather than it actually being about hair.

I've talked to several women who are experiencing hair loss and it makes them anxious and depressed, because the society and even church circles seem to put so much emphasis on a woman's hair. I am directly concerned with these issues because of a medical condition that causes hair loss. A few days ago I had my picture up as my avatar and a few people commented on it, which was very sweet.

But I always think to myself, "Would you feel the same way about me, or how I look, if I had short hair, or no hair at all?"

This is why I'd always hoped that the right guy for me would happen to meet me while my hair was short. I figured, if he liked me with short hair, he must really like me for me, and would still love me even if I had to permanently cut my hair short someday.

I have to confess, if a guy made a big deal about my hair being long, I would be uneasy, because I'd assume that once my hair was gone, his attraction to me would go right along with it.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
You might be reading too much into this. A questioned was asked about our preference and we answered the question. That doesn't mean a guy would consider a woman less of a woman if her hair started thinning out. At least, not any of the guys I call my friends.

If a guy did consider thinning hair a sign that he should find another woman... he probably has skewed values anyway and would leave for another woman for many reasons. If a guy uses "your hair is getting thin" as a reason to switch to another woman, that's just an excuse. Kind of like a woman using (insert any number of excuses) to switch to a different man.

Besides, the Bible never specified measurements. If somebody gets hung up on total length, ask him how long the Bible said it has to be.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
You might be reading too much into this. A questioned was asked about our preference and we answered the question. That doesn't mean a guy would consider a woman less of a woman if her hair started thinning out. At least, not any of the guys I call my friends.

If a guy did consider thinning hair a sign that he should find another woman... he probably has skewed values anyway and would leave for another woman for many reasons. If a guy uses "your hair is getting thin" as a reason to switch to another woman, that's just an excuse. Kind of like a woman using (insert any number of excuses) to switch to a different man.

Besides, the Bible never specified measurements. If somebody gets hung up on total length, ask him how long the Bible said it has to be.
You're right, Lynx -- thanks for calling this out.

I guess my thinking is a result of being part of the dating scene too long, and finally getting to a point where all those "I must find my perfect unicorn!" expectations actually seem "normal" -- from both sides.

Great point about the Bible not specifying hair length -- the pastor who gave the sermon I mentioned in my earlier post had also been a barber, and he said he realized early on that people's neck length varies greatly, so "long" and "short" was relative to each individual.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Not really. There ARE a lot of guys who get hung up on surface stuff. (There are a crapload of girls who get hung up on it too...)

All I'm saying is, ignore them. That's what I do with anybody who is wrong. As long as they are not getting in my way, impeding what I want to do with MY life, it's much more efficient to just ignore them. You can't fix the problem and you don't want it bogging down your life, so just swerve around it.

BrotherMike

Be Still and Know
Jan 8, 2018
I’ll date a woman with short hair who has great chemistry with me than a long haired woman who is not any day!!!

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Yeah I think the Bible says something about that. Something like, "Better is it to take a nice lady with short hair out to McDonald's than to take a total shrew with long hair out to the Waldorf-Astoria" or something like that...

Wait, I think I read that in The Message Bible. Never mind. o_O

BrotherMike

Be Still and Know
Jan 8, 2018
Yeah I think the Bible says something about that. Something like, "Better is it to take a nice lady with short hair out to McDonald's than to take a total shrew with long hair out to the Waldorf-Astoria" or something like that...

Wait, I think I read that in The Message Bible. Never mind. o_O
lol 2 Opinions 3:10? 😉

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
lol 2 Opinions 3:10? 😉
Could be. I remember it was somewhere near the verse about "Blessed are those who stay after church dinner and help clean up, for they shall reap leftovers."

Nov 25, 2019
At the core of Christianity is beauty. All of this talk about what is "hot" and "sexy" is pretty degenerate tbh. I think modesty and plainness are much more beautiful. The Amish and Eastern Orthodox get it right imho
ECB7310E-01AF-4CC4-BECA-E957F258A7E9.jpeg 674F9A38-D743-4C98-B8E4-3E29AF9E390D.jpeg

Ghoti2

Nov 8, 2019
Although I do lean toward Christian Reconstructionism, the 1700's uniforms and rigid religious rules are a bit too much for me.

Nov 25, 2019
I will take modesty and plainness over the vile we see in society today. The "progress" that we have seen in the church has been detrimental overall. I hardly see how returning to bonnets and headscarves is in any way too rigid a response to the absolute filth that even many Christians have bought into thru demonic secular push.

Ghoti2

Nov 8, 2019
I will take modesty and plainness over the vile we see in society today. The "progress" that we have seen in the church has been detrimental overall. I hardly see how returning to bonnets and headscarves is in any way too rigid a response to the absolute filth that even many Christians have bought into thru demonic secular push.
I do think it is somewhat odd, feeling that modesty means you have to regress. (But, they don't think: "How "vain" to employ the use of modern style eyeglasses frames", for instance...…………. the original "spectacles" would serve the purpose just as well. LOL) You see, it not exactly honored in all things.

Nov 25, 2019
I do think it is somewhat odd, feeling that modesty means you have to regress. (But, they don't think: "How "vain" to employ the use of modern style eyeglasses frames", for instance...…………. the original "spectacles" would serve the purpose just as well. LOL) You see, it not exactly honored in all things.
Many Amish sects reject the use of modern eyeglass frames to use your example but they also reject the internet which imo is a good thing....it's complicated but there are obvious things we can do to reject modernity. I think how people dress, keeping in mind modesty and plainness, is a good start.

I take the spiritual war we are in very seriously. Satan wants our women "sexy" I want them "modest". Many Christians have forgotten we are even in this war. I'm with Jesus.

BenFTW

Oct 7, 2012
I think it's interesting that the women in this thread have posted/mentioned a variety of hairstyles they like on men, but in the men's thread, the answer is almost universal -- long hair is IT.

My only concern with long hair on a woman and men's attraction to it being seen as "Biblical" is, what happens if a woman can't have long hair?

I'm not sure if most men know this (simply because many haven't grown out their own hair), but hair will often grow only to a certain length, and then stop growing. Some people's hair won't grow any longer, no matter how long they leave it uncut or try to let it grow. I know I'm one of those people -- although my hair will grow to a fairly decent length, it won't grow much after that. Bu some some women, try as they might, can only grow their hair to say, chin length, etc.

I've also heard men say that it's ugly and unfeminine when women cut their hair short. But if you look around, the majority of older women have short hair -- there is a reason for that -- and it's often not because that's what they want.

Maybe the guys have noticed their hair thinning out as they get older? The same thing happens to women, and many women get to a point where cutting it is their only option. This is why many older women cut their hair and get perms -- thinning hair usually does not look so great when you try to grow it out, and so they cut it and perm it in order to try to make the most of what they do have.

Is a woman of God somehow unGodly if she cuts her hair short? If a man marries a woman with long hair and she eventually has to cut it short, should he leave her for a woman with long hair, because a man liking long hair on a woman is "Biblical?"

I heard a sermon preached once about I Corinthians 11:14-15 in which the pastor interpreted this passage as being more about following the roles God has set for men and women rather than it actually being about hair.

I've talked to several women who are experiencing hair loss and it makes them anxious and depressed, because the society and even church circles seem to put so much emphasis on a woman's hair. I am directly concerned with these issues because of a medical condition that causes hair loss. A few days ago I had my picture up as my avatar and a few people commented on it, which was very sweet.

But I always think to myself, "Would you feel the same way about me, or how I look, if I had short hair, or no hair at all?"

This is why I'd always hoped that the right guy for me would happen to meet me while my hair was short. I figured, if he liked me with short hair, he must really like me for me, and would still love me even if I had to permanently cut my hair short someday.

I have to confess, if a guy made a big deal about my hair being long, I would be uneasy, because I'd assume that once my hair was gone, his attraction to me would go right along with it.
I’m not sure you two understood my intent in calling men’s attraction to long hair natural and biblical. As you both noticed, most men prefer long hair. I simply provided a reasoning for it, by using a verse that says a woman’s long hair is her glory and for a man, nature shows that it is a shame for him.

I wasn’t implying any legalistic rule, just trying to provide you ladies with possible reasoning for the majority’s preference to long hair.

My use of biblical was more like saying “this is why” as opposed to “obey.” The verse suggests it is natural for men to have shorter hair and women long. That’s all... please don’t chop off my head. 👀 ❤️

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Many Amish sects reject the use of modern eyeglass frames to use your example but they also reject the internet which imo is a good thing....it's complicated but there are obvious things we can do to reject modernity. I think how people dress, keeping in mind modesty and plainness, is a good start.

I take the spiritual war we are in very seriously. Satan wants our women "sexy" I want them "modest". Many Christians have forgotten we are even in this war. I'm with Jesus.
While I admire much about the Amish lifestyle, and while I agree modesty is priceless and beautiful in the eyes of God, I think it harsh to wave the brush over appreciating attractiveness. But again, I'm a female, so I imagine my speaking is inappropriate to you.

Nov 25, 2019
While I admire much about the Amish lifestyle, and while I agree modesty is priceless and beautiful in the eyes of God, I think it harsh to wave the brush over appreciating attractiveness. But again, I'm a female, so I imagine my speaking is inappropriate to you.
my issue is not with attractiveness, i just do not define attractiveness with what modernity has preached it to be. I find modesty and plainness to be attractive and I uphold beauty as the highest standard. The way women dress and present themselves these days is only attractive in the context of lust. Lust is a deadly sin so I am against it and anything that promotes it. I do not believe conceding any ground to evil is in our best interests as Christians.