Literal to the Book of Revelation or "THE BOOK

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

memyselfi

Jan 12, 2017
Do not add or take away from this Book... Was that literal to the Book of Revelation or "THE BOOK, THE BIBLE"... all 66 Books as ONE....

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
Revelation 22:18&19

A Warning
18 [i]For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, [j]God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book; 19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God[k] shall take away his part from the [l]Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Everything in scripture is to be interpreted based on CONTEXT. Context says that it is specific to the book of Revelation since

A) it says THIS book of prophecy, not this compilation of books of prophecy

B) the compilation that we know as the New Testament was not compiled until the late third century, roughly 200 years after John penned those words.

Last edited:

memyselfi

Jan 12, 2017
Revelation 22:1&19

A Warning
18 [i]For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, [j]God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book; 19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God[k] shall take away his part from the [l]Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Everything in scripture is to be interpreted based on CONTEXT. Context says that it is specific to the book of Revelation since

A) it says THIS book of prophecy, not this compilation of books of prophecy

B) the compilation that we know as the New Testament was not compiled until the late third century, roughly 200 years after John penned those words.

Is it not the Revelation of Messiah which all 66 Books are?

Embankment

Feb 28, 2017
What part of the book of Rev is literal?

Embankment

Feb 28, 2017
I the book to be a stylized recap of the Biblical history, beyond that its not much use.

GraceAndTruth

Sep 28, 2015
In Revelation some is literal and some is symbolism.

The church was under persecution by Rome when John wrote Revelation, ....to avoid bringing more persecution down on them he used symbolism to hide his message from the Romans but the Christians would understand them. John's referemces to the Caesar's alone, with Nero ready to rampage through the entire country, would have brought the wrath of Rome on them.

Lillywolf

Aug 29, 2018
Do not add or take away from this Book... Was that literal to the Book of Revelation or "THE BOOK, THE BIBLE"... all 66 Books as ONE....
John's Book of Revelation(s). As the Bible as we know it did not exist at that time. And the "book" John would have known would have been what is called the Hebrew Bible, also called the Tanakh or Mikra. "This book", uses "this", which is a demonstrative pronoun. Meaning it refers to that object which is near the writer. In John's case he would be referring to this book of revelation which he was inspired to write.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
iT IS A WARNING ABOUT rEVELATION AND EARLIER IN sCRIPTURE WE ARE TOLD NOT TO ADD OR TAKE AWAY FROM the Word of God..

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
It was definitly about the Book of Revelation.. And i would not be trying to add to or take away from any book of the Bible..

Quantrill

Sep 20, 2018
A similar warning is given in (Deut. 4:2). So the warning in (Revelation) may be just for the book, but I am sure it can apply to all of the Bible.

Quantrill

luigi

Dec 6, 2015
Here is an example of one change in the book of Revelation.
The two oldest texts on the number of the beast have it as 616, not 666 which appear in later texts.

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
I believe it was about the book of Revelation, because the bible did not exist yet at the time it was being written, in canonical form. (And how could it, revelation was being written at that specific time).

Now this isnt to say we should just add or remove things from the OTHER books of the bible, obviously not. This same warning is repeated in the Torah as well

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Here is an example of one change in the book of Revelation.
The two oldest texts on the number of the beast have it as 616, not 666 which appear in later texts.

The two dates have always appeared i my Bible(s)…….616 as a footnote saying some schalars have teh number as 616.

luigi

Dec 6, 2015
The two dates have always appeared i my Bible(s)…….616 as a footnote saying some schalars have teh number as 616.
Yea, so who knows, you know? I mean if the two oldest texts have it as 616, what would the likelihood be that they were copied incorrectly from 666 to 616, and then changed back later with newer texts to some supposedly original texts that stated 666?

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
When the time comes for all to recognize the Beast, and Who he is, all will know which number is which.

I have a ver personal reaso to note the alternate nuimber given for the Beast since it is my own birth date...…. I got over that a long time ago, you see many peple are born on the 16th of June...…..and the is every year....

Praise Jesuis Christ, Yeshua, amen