LIVING IN THE MILLENIA

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015
Yes but it also depends on the context it is used in, such as through out the gospels mathew 15:38 Mathew 16:10 Mark8:9-20 in romans in revelation in acts all throughout the new testament this word means a thousand but always has a number behind it when it means more than one and in revelation 20:2-7 and this is the kjv it speaks of the Milenia and who would be in it

2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.
7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison

Notice how it says a thousand years which means it is in these like a big fruit not many big fruit or a gated fence not many gated fence unlike with the rest of the new testament I mentioned there is no number behind it Not to mention there is the issue of this mark this has yet to be seen and if the rapture is the only thing left in the prophetic timeline then where is this mark in history?
No worries, Blain! You are correct. The scripture states that Satan will be bound for 'a thousand years' not thousands of years. It says that the saints will be resurrected and they will rule with Christ for 'a thousand years' not thousands of years.

After the seven year tribulation and the Lord's return to the earth to end the age, this current earth will exist for another thousand years with Christ ruling. Ruling with Him and during that thousand years, will be the resurrected and caught up church, the 144,000 and the resurrected great tribulation saints. And speaking of the 144,000, which is a literal 144,000. This specific number demonstrates that God means what He says by saying 'a thousand years.' Otherwise we would have to interpret the 144,000 as having another meaning as well, based on the false interpretation of Amillennialists.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
No worries, Blain! You are correct. The scripture states that Satan will be bound for 'a thousand years' not thousands of years. It says that the saints will be resurrected and they will rule with Christ for 'a thousand years' not thousands of years.

After the seven year tribulation and the Lord's return to the earth to end the age, this current earth will exist for another thousand years with Christ ruling. Ruling with Him and during that thousand years, will be the resurrected and caught up church, the 144,000 and the resurrected great tribulation saints. And speaking of the 144,000, which is a literal 144,000. This specific number demonstrates that God means what He says by saying 'a thousand years.' Otherwise we would have to interpret the 144,000 as having another meaning as well, based on the false interpretation of Amillennialists.
Honestly I am probably just going to stop debating on her with this, so many including me have shown her all throughout this thread how her views stand against scripture we have given her wise council and advice but like I said to her before she is not ready to handle bible prophecy and has no ability to listen and learn and thus cannot be taught the truth as she holds to her beliefs so tightly there is no room for learning. If you want to contend with her be my guest maybe you can get through to her or perhaps completely prove her wrong she will have no choice but to humble herself and actually question her views because sometimes it is better to be wrong and be humbled than to be right

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015
Honestly I am probably just going to stop debating on her with this, so many including me have shown her all throughout this thread how her views stand against scripture we have given her wise council and advice but like I said to her before she is not ready to handle bible prophecy and has no ability to listen and learn and thus cannot be taught the truth as she holds to her beliefs so tightly there is no room for learning. If you want to contend with her be my guest maybe you can get through to her or perhaps completely prove her wrong she will have no choice but to humble herself and actually question her views because sometimes it is better to be wrong and be humbled than to be right
You are correct! The only way that her or any Amillennialist or Preterist could come to the truth, is through the Spirit revealing it to them. There seems to be some spiritual spell out there, where they adopt these false teachings and then they dig in like a tick, not willing to listen to reason or logic. Only God can get through that.

I've heard all of these arguments and their apologetics for many, many years. I guess that unless the Spirit reveals it to them the only way that they will find out is when it unfolds right before their faces. I've always said that Amillennialism and Preterism are two of the most destructive false teachings out there.

Jesus said that the way the world would know the difference between the false Messiahs and the real One is that "when they say to you He's out in the desert don't go look. Or He's in the inner room, don't believe it." For we know that scripture states that all the peoples of the earth will mourn when they see the Son of Man arriving on the clouds of heaven, with power and great glory," which takes place at the end of the age. According to scripture, when Jesus returns that ends the age which is then followed by that age of a thousand years. Therefore, in order for us to currently be living in the thousand years, Jesus would have had to have already returned on the clouds of heaven and would have sent out His angels to gather all those who would have made it alive through the entire tribulation period.

The whole idea that we are living in that thousand years, which they claim as being thousands of years, is just too ridiculous to even entertain.

In Revelation 7, we have two groups revealed. The first one is said to be 144,000 from the twelve tribes of Israel. The next group is said to be a great multitude that no one could count. This demonstrates that God is able to differentiate between a specific number and one that no one could count, which is inferring a very large number.

In addition, the Amillennialist's would have to believe that all of the scholars and theologians of every major translation of Revelation 20:1-7 is wrong, because everyone of them translates it "a thousand years" and not "thousands of years."

May the Spirit of God open their eyes!

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
Only if one needs a boogey-man for the pretrib theory.
I prety much agree with you. I wonder how many non Jewish posters here (that is, posters from "the nations") believe they didn't need satan bound befire they were no longer deceived.

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
I wonder if this website was created by a non Jew.

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
I wonder how many languages besides Hebrew the Bible has been translated into.

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
I wonder how many non Jews have been saved over the last 2000+ years.

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
I wonder why Jesus told his Jewish followers to preach the gospel to all nations.

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
I wonder when an angel will bind satan so I won't be deceived anymore.

GraceAndTruth

Sep 28, 2015
I prety much agree with you. I wonder how many non Jewish posters here (that is, posters from "the nations") believe they didn't need satan bound befire they were no longer deceived.
Most of them think they had the ability to believe with their own measure of faith (they conjured up themselves in their corpse)....and prefer to leave God out of it.

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
I wonder when an angel will bind satan so I won't be deceived anymore.
:confused:

And the amazing thing is, that Revelation 6:11 and Revelation 20:3 are speaking of entirely distinct time-slots despite both verses using the same phrase...:

--"a little season [G5550 G3398 chronon mikron]" Rev6:11
--"a little season [G3398 G5550 mikron chronon]" Rev20:3

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
Most of them think they had the ability to believe with their own measure of faith (they conjured up themselves in their corpse)....and prefer to leave God out of it.

This just comes across as disparaging other believers and not correcting in love.

If someone doesn't understand that it is a gift so that no one can boast then that's their business and for the Lord to work out in them.

Said out of concern for readers...

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
The context of the passage in Thessalonians mentioning the "man of sin" is "a strong delusion", but Paul is cautioning those within the body of Christ, not those outside of it and it would seem anyone who declared himself to be God couldnt be a strong delusion to any congregation. So something is not quite right with the mainstream interpretation of Paul's meaning.
What Paul is "cautioning" about is... for the Thessalonians (despite their present and ongoing experience of "persecutions and tribulations that ye endure" 1:4) [that they are] NOT to be wrongly persuaded by false messages (by others) trying to convince them that "the day of the Lord IS PRESENT [G1764 - enestēken / enistémi ; PERFECT indicative ; verse 2: https://biblehub.com/interlinear/2_thessalonians/2-2.htm ]"... it wasn't, and Paul tells WHY.
Two factors must be in evidence [and ONE of the items "FIRST"], for that to be the case. And neither were.

What verses 10-12 go on to describe ("for them to believe the FALSE/ the LIE/ the pseudei" v.11) has nothing to do with "believers," but rather, those who "received not the love of the truth that they might be saved" (vv.10-12 are what take place within the future trib years, and is contrasted with what OTHERS will [come to] "believe" during that same future time-slot, as shown at the other end of the bracketed-Subject in 1:10b with its phrase that corresponds to the phrase "the day of the Lord" [note: not 24-hr day], wherever these two phrases are found in the same contexts [as here], they are referring to the SAME TIME-PERIOD, that phrase being "IN THAT DAY" [i.e. not in THIS one / not in this present day]).

Paul's message to the Thessalonians believers was, "don't believe them [v.2 - those bringing the false msg that 'the day of the Lord IS PRESENT'], believe US INSTEAD [v.15; (again, two factors must be in play, for that to be the case, and neither were!)]")... and let that proper info "comfort" you.

[chpts 1-2 (in parts of) are covering the ENTIRE PERIOD OF TIME of the 7-yrs, not merely the "end point" and not merely 3.5-yrs of it]

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
^ and to be clear, 2Th2:10-12 is not describing what is taking place NOW (in this present age), but what will be in effect in the future trib yrs, and is what SOME of the ppl will come to believe, but not ALL of the ppl will come to believe (within/during that future, specific, limited time-frame context [7-yr trib time-slot])

--"And because of this, God WILL SEND TO THEM a working of delusion, for them to believe the false / the pseudei" v.11 [i.e. not to all who are left on the earth following our Rapture, though all present there at the start will be "unsaved" persons, not all will REMAIN "unsaved" throughout the trib yrs]

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
I am part Jew but I fail to see how that matters, I notice you have posted several other posts here about non jews would you care to explain what your getting at?

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
(they conjured up themselves in their corpse)....
As far as I know, the word "corpse" is used [besides OT 2Ki19:35 "dead corpses, Isa37:36 "dead corpses," Nah3:3 (2x; of the "slain")] in Mark 6:29, and is speaking of "dead BODY/BODIES"... "corpse [G4430]" which word is also used in Matthew 24:28 and Revelation 11:8, 9(2x).

Contrastly, the word for "dead [G2348]" can either mean "physically dead" (a 'dead' body), or another kind of dead (tho same word), as here: "But she living in self-indulgence is dead [G2348 - PERFECT indicative] while living." 1Tim5:6 - https://biblehub.com/greek/2348.htm (see the 9th occurrence, of 9x total)

[note: the phrase "the body of this death" Rom7:24 is not referring to our physical bodies, as many suppose]

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
I believe God works out his purposes through the circumstances he sets up.

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
What Paul is "cautioning" about is... for the Thessalonians (despite their present and ongoing experience of "persecutions and tribulations that ye endure" 1:4) [that they are] NOT to be wrongly persuaded by false messages (by others) trying to convince them that "the day of the Lord IS PRESENT [G1764 - enestēken / enistémi ; PERFECT indicative ; verse 2: https://biblehub.com/interlinear/2_thessalonians/2-2.htm ]"... it wasn't, and Paul tells WHY.
Two factors must be in evidence [and ONE of the items "FIRST"], for that to be the case. And neither were.

What verses 10-12 go on to describe ("for them to believe the FALSE/ the LIE/ the pseudei" v.11) has nothing to do with "believers," but rather, those who "received not the love of the truth that they might be saved" (vv.10-12 are what take place within the future trib years, and is contrasted with what OTHERS will [come to] "believe" during that same future time-slot, as shown at the other end of the bracketed-Subject in 1:10b with its phrase that corresponds to the phrase "the day of the Lord" [note: not 24-hr day], wherever these two phrases are found in the same contexts [as here], they are referring to the SAME TIME-PERIOD, that phrase being "IN THAT DAY" [i.e. not in THIS one / not in this present day]).

Paul's message to the Thessalonians believers was, "don't believe them [v.2 - those bringing the false msg that 'the day of the Lord IS PRESENT'], believe US INSTEAD [v.15; (again, two factors must be in play, for that to be the case, and neither were!)]")... and let that proper info "comfort" you.

[chpts 1-2 (in parts of) are covering the ENTIRE PERIOD OF TIME of the 7-yrs, not merely the "end point" and not merely 3.5-yrs of it]
Paul was warning the church of something so sinister, the church today is right in the middle of it and is blind to it. Tthe same thing Jesus warned of Mk.13:21-22