Lost a bit

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 13, 2023
I am new here. I’m not sure but I guess I’m here becauseI have no one else to talk to. I’m married. I have 3 kids I love very much. I am an older student in college. I am surviving but I live in an anxious state of mind. I’m always afraid and thinking people are out to get me. Mostly I don’t really think that but I do think they are so out for themselves I will be collateral damage. I even feel like God will get me sometimes. I feel like I am the only person I can trust. I hide as much of this as I can. I fantasize about living in the middle of nowhere by myself, drinking hot tea and watching the weather. That seems peaceful.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
I am new here. I’m not sure but I guess I’m here becauseI have no one else to talk to. I’m married. I have 3 kids I love very much. I am an older student in college. I am surviving but I live in an anxious state of mind. I’m always afraid and thinking people are out to get me. Mostly I don’t really think that but I do think they are so out for themselves I will be collateral damage. I even feel like God will get me sometimes. I feel like I am the only person I can trust. I hide as much of this as I can. I fantasize about living in the middle of nowhere by myself, drinking hot tea, and watching the weather. That seems peaceful.
My wife was in a similar state. We got 3 kids of our own and 2 guardianship. She is an older college student going for nursing. She has enjoyed getting a part time job as well that gives her opportunities to be social.

You sound stressed so like I remind her, you have to take care of yourself. You can only suppress it so long before you have panic modes.

Find time to escape and be alone to breathe, think, drink tea even if it isn't the middle of nowhere, get as close as you can. Stress can burn you out.

Look for stress management techniques. Deep breathing, meditating on God's Word, prayer, journaling, sleep schedule, etc.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Nice to meet you and welcome to CC Starlily😊 After reading your Intro the thing I thought of is how Jesus does not want us to be fearful or anxious. Jesus had conquered everything and we become joint heirs with Him when we become believers. One Scripture that says it all that I love so much is 'Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done' Phil 4:6. There are so many more and for every negative thought, there is a corresponding positive one in the Bible! Be happy you're healthy, have 3 kids you love and have the opportunity to go to college AND God is for you. God bless you and your family and enjoy! (at night I try to listen to 3 worship songs to get in His presence where there is fullness of joy)

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Nice to meet you and welcome to CC Starlily😊 After reading your Intro the thing I thought of is how Jesus does not want us to be fearful or anxious. Jesus had conquered everything and we become joint heirs with Him when we become believers. One Scripture that says it all that I love so much is 'Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done' Phil 4:6. There are so many more and for every negative thought, there is a corresponding positive one in the Bible! Be happy you're healthy, have 3 kids you love and have the opportunity to go to college AND God is for you. God bless you and your family and enjoy! (at night I try to listen to 3 worship songs to get in His presence where there is fullness of joy)

Philippians 4:6, 7, & 19
:)

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
Hello @Starlily23, and welcome to CChat. We're glad that you found us and joined in the discussions with us :) The other thing is this, your days of having no one else to talk to are now officially OVER :giggle:

You sound like you have a blessed, but stressed life, so I'd like to second a number of the practical "cures" for your anxiety that @Roughsoul1991 mentioned in his post above, with a single addition, "church".

I know, yet another thing to add to your already hectic life, but church is like coming home for a believer. It helps us remember who we are, Whom we serve, and how much we are loved :) It's a place where we can find respite from the world and our too often busy and frustrating lives. It's also a place to help us remember what is ~truly~ important and to help us get our priorities straightened out again (and to gain a better sense of balance and of peace again in our walk before Him, and in our daily lives again too).

It's also the principal place that we encourage, support and minister to one another as brothers and sisters in the family of God!

Praying for you!

God bless you!! (Numbers 6:24-26)

~Deuteronomy
p.s. - I don't know if you've heard of Missionary Elisabeth Elliot before, but I think that her 15 minute broadcast ministry, called
Gateway to Joy, may be both enjoyable and useful to you right now (actually, on the Internet, w/o commercial interruptions that used to happen on the radio, I believe that her broadcasts last 10 to 12 minutes instead). Go here if you'd like to check out what she has to say (her ministry is not exclusively for, but definitely focused, on women).

Sunset over a field of red flowers with Elisabeth Ellliot.jpg

GRACE_ambassador

Feb 22, 2021
Midwest
...I am surviving but I live in an anxious state of mind. I’m always afraid and thinking people are out to get me. Mostly I don’t really think that but I do think they are so out for themselves I will be collateral damage. I even feel like God will get me sometimes...
Precious friend, A Very Warm Welcome To Chat. I will pray for you. Please
focus more on God, and less on the world outside of your precious family.
I hope these 'links' will also be helpful on your new PEACEful journey:

GRACE Word * for our infirmities

Please Be Very RICHLY Encouraged And Edified In
The LORD JESUS CHRIST, And His Word Of Truth, Rightly
Divided
(+ I and II).

Grace, Peace, And JOY!… + RICH Blessings

* Romans – Philemon {KJB} = God's GRACE/PEACE Love Letters Directly TO
us Today, For:

Consolation, Comfort, Edification, Enjoyment, Encouragement, And
spiritual Building Up Of All The BLOOD -Washed "members ( saints!" )
In The Body Of CHRIST!, HIS Church, Seated In Heaven!
{Start here, but remember:

"All Scripture Is Profitable For learning!"} Amen?

S

Salgado

I am new here. I’m not sure but I guess I’m here becauseI have no one else to talk to. I’m married. I have 3 kids I love very much. I am an older student in college. I am surviving but I live in an anxious state of mind. I’m always afraid and thinking people are out to get me. Mostly I don’t really think that but I do think they are so out for themselves I will be collateral damage. I even feel like God will get me sometimes. I feel like I am the only person I can trust. I hide as much of this as I can. I fantasize about living in the middle of nowhere by myself, drinking hot tea and watching the weather. That seems peaceful.
Hello. God bless you. May the Lord give you peace that passes beyond all understanding. May the Lord give you wisdom and knowledge that comes from the Holy Spirit. May the Lord give you prosperity. For he will provide you. For he is Jehovah Jireh. El shaddai. The God of more than enough. Turn to the Lord and see how he will never fail you. He will never forsake the righteous. The Lord will sustain you and strengthen you and lift you up in the palm of his hands. May love, joy and the peace of the Lord surround your life and your children’s lives. Hope in the Lord. Peace be with you

brighthouse98

Apr 16, 2015
Welcome!!! Brother Saigado!! First off you are partly correct. (Psalm 118:8) However you should NEVER!!!!! have fear!!!! Because our Lord never gave you a spirit of fear, notice this brother!!! Fear is governed by a spirit!!!( 2 Tim 1:7) But rather of POWER and LOVE and best of all a SOUND MIND!!! That my good brother is what to focus your mindset on!! (Phil 4:7-9!!!)

Its takes training of course, but we are in training until we reach our dear Jesus in heaven, I call it Holy Spirit school! LOL (Rom 12:1-2!!) I learned early that if I make mistakes in life which I have, I can never blame someone I listened to!! I made them!!! And best of all I learned better because of it!! No excuses!!!

The only damage you will have is by placing your faith in the wrong direction brother, I just know I am going to fail this or that, that will happen because you already lost to start with! Your faith is in failure??? NEVER Brother!! By placing our faith in our Lord Jesus Christ, you can never fail, you can make a mistake sure!!

But we fail when we place are trust in others and become non teachable. The disciples all made mistakes!!! (Matt26:56) So, we will to! BUT!!!!! What does Jesus say???(1 John 5:1-5) also Rom 8:26-39!!!) We learn to place our Faith in God's Word DAILY!!! rather than how we may feel! Please read 2 Tim Brother for your study, it only contains 4 chapters, but it says everything you need to be both aware of and follow in the walk of a true disciple which like me we strive to gain! (James 1:22) Jesus is not a hobby!!

He is as we are and wants us to treat him as you would your best friend, which of course he is!! Hope I did not talk to much here LOL, I just believe in my Spirit of the Lord in me that he has great plans for you and your family but you good brother must take the lead!! The question now only remains, will you? Only you can answer that brother, but you have both our love in Jesus as well as our prayers!!! Again welcome!!

oyster67

May 24, 2014
I am surviving but I live in an anxious state of mind.
I was a nervous trainwreck when I was young. It ruined my childhood.
I’m always afraid and thinking people are out to get me. Mostly I don’t really think that but I do think they are so out for themselves
Unfortunately, you are right about that. We live in a dark world. Look what they did to Jesus.
I even feel like God will get me sometimes.
I used to feel that way when I was young.
I feel like I am the only person I can trust.
That is wise, but I am a hermit and live alone. My family is Jesus and my cat. I only go out for groceries and to Church once a week. Just one aunt and my sister's family lives far away.
I hide as much of this as I can.
Completely understandable. You need to keep up appearances for your family.
I fantasize about living in the middle of nowhere by myself, drinking hot tea and watching the weather. That seems peaceful.
It is. I am blessed.

I have very good news for you. I have come to the revelation and realization that Jesus is kind, loving, and completely trustworthy. He lets painful and humiliating things happen for a reason. These things nudge us in the right direction. This might be how you got here to read this post right now. Jesus wants me to tell you that He loves you very much and is getting you ready for an eternity with Him in a wonderful place He is preparing for you and me. For now, just know that He loves you and wants to be your best friend.

Revelation 3:20
“Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.”