Love Advice with Dr. Des

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
Things are escalating :oops: Some people think even time is moving faster o_O:unsure::giggle:
My mental perception of time passage is definitely changing. Dr. Desperate is too young to dig this. He is too busy looking for wisdom gems in Shiney's henhouse.:giggle::coffee:

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
I like my pretty hens, sir. But, on my honor, I shall never be henpecked!

My mental perception of time passage is definitely changing. Dr. Desperate is too young to dig this. He is too busy looking for wisdom gems in Shiney's henhouse.:giggle::coffee:

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Dear Dr. Des,

In another thread, you said that a real man will wear a ten-gallon hat.

The guy I'm seeing only wears a five-gallon hat.

Should I leave him for another guy who... wears a bigger hat?!

Signed,

I Don't Wear Hats, But Should He?

P.S. How big should his baseball caps be?

Nov 15, 2020
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Dear Dr. Des,

In another thread, you said that a real man will wear a ten-gallon hat.

The guy I'm seeing only wears a five-gallon hat.

Should I leave him for another guy who... wears a bigger hat?!

Signed,

I Don't Wear Hats, But Should He?

P.S. How big should his baseball caps be?
what's the hat look like ?

BrotherMike

Be Still and Know
Jan 8, 2018
Dear Dr Des,

This is a true story. I know a couple who just met exactly a month ago and have decided to get engaged. Am I the only one who thinks this is crazy? Apparently they feel that it was divinely orchestrated. The way they met, the astounding number of things they have in common, the number of boxes each tick, the comfortableness they feel with each other, the way they fit into each others family etc etc. Is this a recipe for disaster or could it work? It is his second marriage and her first.
I personally wouldn’t recommend rushing to get married. I’ve seen more stories than not where it does not work. My step brother and his wife got married after two months dating and have been together for about 25 years. They both just knew they wanted to be together forever. I guess if both has TOTAL peace from God, why not?

Ruby123

Mar 1, 2019
I personally wouldn’t recommend rushing to get married. I’ve seen more stories than not where it does not work. My step brother and his wife got married after two months dating and have been together for about 25 years. They both just knew they wanted to be together forever. I guess if both has TOTAL peace from God, why not?
I think they should personally hold off a little while and ensure that this is God directed and God confirmed. Maybe they have asked and already received an answer and confirmation. I don't know. It is an awfully big decision to make and I personally would only want to marry once and for it to be forever. I hope they are not just running on emotions. It certainly looks that way on the surface but perhaps like you mentioned they have peace. I wish them both the best.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Things are escalating :oops: Some people think even time is moving faster o_O:unsure::giggle:
Is our world spinning backward
What has brought about this change?
Can't you see the people aren't the same
I wish I were dreaming
And could wake up from my sleep
And find us all the way we used to be

BrotherMike

Be Still and Know
Jan 8, 2018
I personally would only want to marry once and for it to be forever.
That was my hopes and dreams...

White picket fence.... a family to come home to that lasts forever... including building eternity memories going to church together and worshipping God.

People change, we learn and grow from experiences.

Don’t settle for less than an amazing heart and has loyal eyes for you.

It’s a risky proposition... it’s worth it if you find someone willing to work on the relationship with you.

Ruby123

Mar 1, 2019
That was my hopes and dreams...

White picket fence.... a family to come home to that lasts forever... including building eternity memories going to church together and worshipping God.

People change, we learn and grow from experiences.

Don’t settle for less than an amazing heart and has loyal eyes for you.

It’s a risky proposition... it’s worth it if you find someone willing to work on the relationship with you.
That's everybody's dream. If only we would leave it to God and let go of control. Let him lead us to the right person and speak to us. Unfortunately we get in the way. We get led by our flesh. We look at all the insignificant things and base our decisions on that, looks being a priority. We get things back to front. This has been my observation.
Someone who truly puts God first and serves him, not for show but that is their lifestyle is what I find attractive. Someone who has developed that relationship with him and depends on him, that is what I am after.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
Ladies and Gentleman. Dr. Des' Guide to TOTAL peace in finding a partner.

Step 1: Find somebody at church or the local, Christian-owned Coffee Shop (Like that girl who works at that place in Kingsport, TN...rawr)

Step 2: Talk with them to see if you get along.

Step 3: Date them many months. Years even.

Step 4: Pray really hard for conformation and TOTAL peace

Step 5: Talk with the local spiritual guru (preferably a nosy woman who can analyze both of your faults). Have them evaluate your relationship with their holy dowsing rod. If the rod shakes in your presence, God is positive about your confirmation and you're on your way to TOTAL peace.

Step 6: Date a few more months consulting the guru at regular intervals.

Step 7: If confirmation and TOTAL peace has not been achieved at this point, you have to pray REALLY REALLY hard. To the point, you break blood vessels.

Step 8: Receive your Letter of Divine Confirmation. It will descend to you in a golden envelope with the wings of a dove. You may or may not hear an angelic chorus.

I think they should personally hold off a little while and ensure that this is God directed and God confirmed. Maybe they have asked and already received an answer and confirmation. I don't know. It is an awfully big decision to make and I personally would only want to marry once and for it to be forever. I hope they are not just running on emotions. It certainly looks that way on the surface but perhaps like you mentioned they have peace. I wish them both the best.