Media failing us again, sensationalizing Covid-19

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

1ofthem

Mar 30, 2016
It sounds like you don't think others in the Christian church should be faced with their error. The problem is that this sort of error causes shame to be brought to Christianity as a whole.

And, I personally don't want to be associated with other Christians who teach error. Additionally, the seekers are not presented with the fact that most of evangelical Christianity disagrees strongly with certain practices.

By the way, I left my last church, in part, because the pastor was hesitant to confront doctrinal error. It wasn't the biggest factor (distance was), but his ecumenism didn't help. For instance, he considered Mark Driscoll, James MacDonald and Rick Warren to be good teachers.
I'm not sure where you are getting that from. I plainly said the dude and any other who are going against the word of God should be called out and rebuked. So yeah I agree error should be called out.

Here's the thing though, the Bible says that you are only held accountable by what you know. If you know to do good and do it not then it is a sin. Also there are some 30 fold, 60 fold and 100 fold. Now that don't mean it's ok to sit back close your eyes and ears, and not grow in the Lord, but it does make it plain that not everyone has the same understanding. God judges the heart, not me. I can worship God with anyone who is worshiping him in Spirit and in truth...It matters not the denomination. However, if someone is going directly against scripture and they know better and have been taught better then I will distance myself from them. Just like old Kenneth Copeland and the Westboro Baptist Church or any other crazy whacked out churches like it...just saying.

Mar 5, 2020
Anyone here listen to radio free China? Don't believe what they're telling you about Coronavirus there and how it isn't that bad now.

The elderly in their makeshift hospitals, one hospital fell down, are being put in body bags while alive and incinerated. In order to put a stop to this virus there people are being rounded up and put into body bags and buried alive. They're doing anything they can to make this virus go away!

I wonder if Trump knows that when he praises their president?

Mar 5, 2020
I say we take less time talking about the they and the them, pointing at one another, that comes across self righteous, and start just talking about Him.

Is it KC that sells the healing water on tv adverts. Ok call Him out, lol. Ugh ugh ugh@Him exploiting our Saviors healing mercy and taking money from desperate peeps.

Please, don't put him in the category of all Pentecost believers. You do not appreciate when peeps do that with Calvinist, right? I am a believer and follower of Christ, non denominational but I do not agree with denominational bashing, as long as they are believing and exalting Him.
Has that guy ever done that? Or is he dedicated to pointing fingers and condemning Christians of choice?

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Has that guy ever done that? Or is he dedicated to pointing fingers and condemning Christians of choice?
Honestly, I was merely referring to lumping all Pentecostals with KC, nothing more. If I misunderstood his point, I apologize.

I hope you are well, resting in the arms of the Lord.

Aug 10, 2019
Canada
Does the flu bug invade a healthy host cell and use RNA to replicate itself?
When all is said and done we shall see if Covid-19 results in substantially more deaths than would be seen in a bad flu season from influenza....we have no real defense against the coronavirus, unlike with the flu where we have so called 'herd immunity' and vaccines every year.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
When all is said and done we shall see if Covid-19 results in substantially more deaths than would be seen in a bad flu season from influenza....we have no real defense against the coronavirus, unlike with the flu where we have so called 'herd immunity' and vaccines every year.
You made no attempt to answer my question. Aside from that, how will you factor in the extreme measures many have taken to avoid contracting this virus, to arrive at your final numbers? Hmmm, actually, the fact that people are taking precautions world wide will hopefully substantially lessen the final death toll, and you thinking you can draw conclusions from them to inform you of its threat seems more than somewhat misguided.

Aug 10, 2019
Canada
You made no attempt to answer my question. Aside from that, how will you factor in the extreme measures many have taken to avoid contracting this virus, to arrive at your final numbers? Hmmm, actually, the fact that people are taking precautions world wide will hopefully substantially lessen the final death toll, and you thinking you can draw conclusions from them to inform you of its threat seems more than somewhat misguided.
I honestly don't think these measures will do much....and we can look at Sweden to see if they went too far....allowing some variance for population age and health care capacity we'll see if Sweden's overall mortality is significantly worse than comparable countries...if it isn't then the mitigation efforts will have largely been in vain....

Hopefully this thing ends soon.

7seasrekeyed

Go ahead. I don't attend a Baptist church, although I am like a Reformed Baptist in my theology.

Westboro Baptist Church was formerly a Southern Baptist Convention church. They pretty much allow about anything. And Westboro is basically a rogue family outfit. Everyone knows that.

are you ashamed of your Calvinist teachings?

you have stated you do not call yourself a Calvinist, but you agree with the teaching

if it walks like a duck...etc

quack :)

E

EleventhHour

I wonder how well herd immunity will work when we do not even know how long that immunity will last?

7seasrekeyed

It sounds like you don't think others in the Christian church should be faced with their error. The problem is that this sort of error causes shame to be brought to Christianity as a whole.

And, I personally don't want to be associated with other Christians who teach error. Additionally, the seekers are not presented with the fact that most of evangelical Christianity disagrees strongly with certain practices.

By the way, I left my last church, in part, because the pastor was hesitant to confront doctrinal error. It wasn't the biggest factor (distance was), but his ecumenism didn't help. For instance, he considered Mark Driscoll, James MacDonald and Rick Warren to be good teachers.

we all know she didn't say any such thing

having traded a good number of posts with you, I am well acquainted with how you twist words to try and get the better of people

since you have not been able to do that with me, you simply ignore me now

but people need to be aware of what you do

you teach error in the eyes of a good many here

7seasrekeyed

I wonder how well herd immunity will work when we do not even know how long that immunity will last?

I have read and heard on several occasions now, that people are being reinfected...mutations? I guess

another interesting little blip that came up last night, was that the tiger was not given a 'human' covid test

not sure what the entails...you might know

I will see if I can find that headline again...didn't read the article...things like that come and go at warp speed these days it seems

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Where can I find information on this phenomena? I tried looking the other day to no avail. Perhaps I simply do not know the correct question to enter into the search field. Do you have links you could share with us? By "flu bug" I did not mean Covid-19...

7seasrekeyed

here is some more fun which I am sure you are aware of:

Anthony Fauci, America’s most-listened-to medical professional on the coronavirus, and apparently on all the political, economic, cultural and social precautions every man, woman and child in the nation should take on the coronavirus, has just warned what cooler-head coronavirus watchers have suspected all along: that this country may never, no never, go back to normal.

Never, that is, Fauci suggested, until a vaccine is developed. And by logical extension, that’s to say — never, until a vaccine is developed that must then be included on the required list of shots for all children to attend school.

What great news for Big Pharma.

source

quelle surprise

I do not relate that to the fear mongering some have contributed here, but I do see it as the world ever tilting to the biblical conclusion

I have had adverse effects from vaccine. they are not quite as safe as they try to make you believe...I had all the shots when I was a kid, but as an adult, in some people, they affect you adversely.

E

EleventhHour

I have read and heard on several occasions now, that people are being reinfected...mutations? I guess

another interesting little blip that came up last night, was that the tiger was not given a 'human' covid test

not sure what the entails...you might know

I will see if I can find that headline again...didn't read the article...things like that come and go at warp speed these days it seems
I really do not know, :unsure: I know that with some influenza virus and cold viruses people's antibodies only last a few years.

I guess that is why people are worried, so then we will not know for this virus I guess until sometime in the future.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I honestly don't think these measures will do much....and we can look at Sweden to see if they went too far....allowing some variance for population age and health care capacity we'll see if Sweden's overall mortality is significantly worse than comparable countries...if it isn't then the mitigation efforts will have largely been in vain....

Hopefully this thing ends soon.
Will Sweden give us data that tells us how many infected survive that did have underlying health issues?

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I really do not know, :unsure: I know that with some influenza virus and cold viruses people's antibodies only last a few years.

I guess that is why people are worried, so then we will not know for this virus I guess until sometime in the future.
My original question was asking if other flu viruses replicate the virus using host cells, not about immunity or antibodies. Is that what your "yes" answer addressed?

7seasrekeyed

Nadia the tiger was not diagnosed with a human COVID-19 test
article

the whole thing is so tiresome :rolleyes:

and of course the hollywood ensemble of spoiled rich kids are posting themselves all over Instagram and similar in an effort to be remembered no doubt

poor babies

E

EleventhHour

Where can I find information on this phenomena? I tried looking the other day to no avail. Perhaps I simply do not know the correct question to enter into the search field. Do you have links you could share with us? By "flu bug" I did not mean Covid-19...

I think this is a reliable source, more technical but I think it explains what happens.

Source