Why do Christian’s mentor people for short periods of time but then after a while they stop/lose interest. Like the relationships are disposable. Like it’s not convenient anymore so they just quite pursuing a relationship and mentor ship with someone. I’ve seen this happen multiple times.A little background might be helpful. You are asking for a specific answer to a vague scenario.
Perhaps the student has grown up.Why do Christian mentors abandon the people they are mentoring?
Am I wrong in guessing that this is about someone who broke up with you after a time of mentoring and now you are hurt?Why do Christian’s mentor people for short periods of time but then after a while they stop/lose interest. Like the relationships are disposable. Like it’s not convenient anymore so they just quite pursuing a relationship and mentor ship with someone. I’ve seen this happen multiple times.
Why do Christian’s mentor people for short periods of time but then after a while they stop/lose interest. Like the relationships are disposable. Like it’s not convenient anymore so they just quite pursuing a relationship and mentor ship with someone. I’ve seen this happen multiple times.
That's funny... most teenagers think the same of their parents, until they themselves grow up.I think losing trust in the mentor shows up in subtle ways and ends naturally. As I grew older all of my mentors proved to be clueless.
Sometimes life just changes. Schedules and commitments don’t line up forever. I enjoyed having a mentor. Although it was my life that got too hectic and couldn’t find time to meet, I still valued the times we had. I hope to help someone else as he helped me when I first gave my life to Christ.Why do Christian mentors abandon the people they are mentoring?
A mentoring relationship needs boundaries, goals, and agreed-upon expectations in order to be effective. Without these things, it is usually misunderstood and often ends in hurt to one or both parties. Mentoring should not simply be open-ended.Why do Christian mentors abandon the people they are mentoring?
Try looking at it from a different perspective, and ask the question of: why do people seek help when they are unwilling to take any of the many suggestions offered with the hope the other is sincere in their desire for change? It has been a while since you posted, which makes me wonder how you are doing, especially since in your last few posts you mentioned that you are still drinking and depressed.Why do Christian’s mentor people for short periods of time but then after a while they stop/lose interest. Like the relationships are disposable. Like it’s not convenient anymore so they just quite pursuing a relationship and mentor ship with someone. I’ve seen this happen multiple times.