Middle East people

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

Crazy4GODword

well ya did good for not calling us Infidels. but in the bible our bible it does say where the word "Christian" was first used.......maybe you are seeking the real truth PBUH....

Feb 14, 2011
Hi wakeup

Well did the Quran which is the word of God contradict what Jesus pbuh taught or what Paul taught ?

Jesus pbuh makes no claim to be divine. He explicitly stated that he was sent by God. God is greater than he and without God he can do nothing. Statements all prophets made.

he said '' no one has gone to heaven, but he that comes from heaven(Jesus)''
he said '' before abraham was; i am.''
he said '' i and my father are one.''
he said '' i am the true vine''( the branch)
he said '' no one can come to the father but by me '' do you believe all these,and follow?
''wakeup''.

Feb 14, 2011
Hi wakeup

Well did the Quran which is the word of God contradict what Jesus pbuh taught or what Paul taught ?

Jesus pbuh makes no claim to be divine. He explicitly stated that he was sent by God. God is greater than he and without God he can do nothing. Statements all prophets made.

you say peace be upon him, but you blatantly denying him?????
all what he is saying. led astray by religion. dont worship religion; worship God, religions are mens dreams.everyone their own way.
following their wicked thoughts.

''wakeup''.

Jan 24, 2011
he said '' no one has gone to heaven, but he that comes from heaven(Jesus)''
he said '' before abraham was; i am.''
he said '' i and my father are one.''
he said '' i am the true vine''( the branch)
he said '' no one can come to the father but by me '' do you believe all these,and follow?
''wakeup''.
Hi Wake up

Don't you see you have nothing where Jesus pbuh is claiming to be God ? He had three years to get the message across and in all that time he did not plainly say he was God. I have shown you explicit statement where he clearly said he was not God.

before abraham was; i am

I need more clarification on why you think this means Jesus pbuh is God.

i and my father are one

Jesus said, “I and the Father are one

You need to put that verse into context. The previous two verses leading up to that statement went like this.

Neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father who gave them me, is greater than all, and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father’s hand.

Jesus pbuh is describing his followers as sheep. They cannot be plucked out of both the hand of Jesus pbuh and God. They are one in purpose.

Below is from Jews for Judaism

Question: In John 10:30 Jesus says, “I and the Father are one [hen].” Doesn’t this show that they are one in essence?

This statement does not suggest either a dual or triune deity. What John’s Jesus meant by the word hen ("one") becomes clear from his prayer concerning the apostles:

“That they may be one [hen], just as we are one [hen]” (John 17:22),

which means that they should be united in agreement with one another as he (Jesus) is always united in agreement with God, as stated:

“I [Jesus] always do the things that are pleasing to Him [God]” (John 8:29).

There is thus no implication that Jesus and God, or the twelve apostles are to be considered as of one essence.

no one can come to the father but by me '' do you believe all these,and follow?

Prophets are Gods representative. They are carriers of God's message. At any point in history you cannot get to paradise unless you follow your prophet. At the time of Noah the people of Noah needed to follow him to be saved. At the time of Moses pbuh the Israelites needed to follow Moses to be saved. The same for Jesus pbuh. We need to follow the spirit of truth to be saved.

I have run out of time. I will look at the vine one tomorrow.

Feb 14, 2011
Hi Wake up

Don't you see you have nothing where Jesus pbuh is claiming to be God ? He had three years to get the message across and in all that time he did not plainly say he was God. I have shown you explicit statement where he clearly said he was not God.

before abraham was; i am if he is just a prophet; how can he be before abraham?

I need more clarification on why you think this means Jesus pbuh is God.
because he is not God the father; but the son of God: but you dont believe that God can have a son,because God does not have a wife:this is very shellow thinking. Jesus never claims to be God.
i and my father are one
yes he is one in spirit with his father,and he is the word that was God.John1:1.
Jesus said, “I and the Father are one

You need to put that verse into context. The previous two verses leading up to that statement went like this.

Neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father who gave them me, is greater than all, and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father’s hand.

Jesus pbuh is describing his followers as sheep. They cannot be plucked out of both the hand of Jesus pbuh and God. They are one in purpose.

Below is from Jews for Judaism

Question: In John 10:30 Jesus says, “I and the Father are one [hen].” Doesn’t this show that they are one in essence?

This statement does not suggest either a dual or triune deity. What John’s Jesus meant by the word hen ("one") becomes clear from his prayer concerning the apostles:

“That they may be one [hen], just as we are one [hen]” (John 17:22),

which means that they should be united in agreement with one another as he (Jesus) is always united in agreement with God, as stated:

“I [Jesus] always do the things that are pleasing to Him [God]” (John 8:29).

There is thus no implication that Jesus and God, or the twelve apostles are to be considered as of one essence.

no one can come to the father but by me '' do you believe all these,and follow? do you believe,that no man can come to God but by Jesus? so then why are you trying to come to God by some other man; ignoring his word; but at the same time
sayng peace be up on him; its all empty words,.do you think that you can fool God with your empty words? is God a man?

Prophets are Gods representative. They are carriers of God's message. At any point in history you cannot get to paradise unless you follow your prophet. At the time of Noah the people of Noah needed to follow him to be saved. At the time of Moses pbuh the Israelites needed to follow Moses to be saved. The same for Jesus pbuh. We need to follow the spirit of truth to be saved.
does the quran teach the truth? when it is full of contradictions;rejecting the man that God has send as a mediator between God and man. you choose an other mediator,his name is not Jesus, but mohamad. was mohamad crucified, and risen from the dead', and now sitting next to God? was mohamad communing with abraham? when abraham gave melchizedec ,king of salem,and king of righteousness 10% of his goods?
was it mohamad that opened the book of revelation in heaven before all the angels and the elders? is it mohamad that says "behold i come quickly and my reward is with
me''? i can go on and on.
I have run out of time. I will look at the vine one tomorrow.
isiah9:6. for unto us a child is born,unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder : and his name shall be called wonderful,counsellor,the mighty God, the everlasting father,the prince of peace.

does all this fit mohamad?

''wakeup''.

Jan 24, 2011
isiah9:6. for unto us a child is born,unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder : and his name shall be called wonderful,counsellor,the mighty God, the everlasting father,the prince of peace.

does all this fit mohamad?

''wakeup''.
Hi Wake Up

Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace

El Gibor has been translated here as Mighty God.

It is unfortunate in old Jewish culture that people used to be named Godly names. It has been quite misleading for the Christians.
Psalm 82:6 “I said, ‘You are “gods” (Elohim; plural to El); you are all sons of the Most High.’ ”
“gods” here in Hebrew is “Elohim”, which is plural of “EL”. It is the same exact thing as “EL” used for Jesus in Isaiah 9:6, since “gods” is a combination of several “EL"s. And as clearly shown here, for someone to be called “god” or “God” in the Bible it wouldn’t make him GOD Almighty Himself
...all sons of the most high
Here “Son of God” means “Servant of God” in Hebrew.
Notice that in Isaiah 9:6, it clearly says
“and
his NAME shall be....”
This clearly proves that “Mighty God” is just a name given to the coming Prophet (Jesus). Since this is just a name, this also clearly proves other people in the old Jewish culture were named that name before, even if they’re not mentioned in the current Bible.

Have Isaiah 9:6 said “and he will be God Almighty Himself” or “and he will be the God Almighty” then this would be different, because we now would be talking about not just a NAME given to someone, but rather GOD Almighty Himself.

Some Godly names
13- Eliadah or Eliada means “God knows”.
14- Eliab means “my God is Father”.
15- Elzaphan means “God is Protector”
16- Eliakim means “God raises”.
17- Elisha means “God is Salvation”.
18- Eleazar means “God has helped”
19- Judah or Yahawdah means “Praised”. It generally means “Praised by Yahweh”.
20- Hashabiah means “Jehovah has considered”.
21- Mattithiah means “Gift of Jehovah”.

Having said that;

“Mighty God” in Isaiah 9:6 is “El Gibor”. This is not exactly “Mighty God”, but close. “Strong” is more correct (but it is different from strong of “hazak"). Here both El and Gibor are nouns - this is short full spell is “El Hu Gibor”.

Anyway “El Gibor” and “Gabriel” are same thing. They both mean “Strong God”. “Gabriel” is an angel’s name in the Bible.

The word “Gibor” in Isaiah 9:6 and the word “Gibor” of Gabriel have exactly the same root, and they are both the same word. The word itself can also be translated as “Man of God”.
By the way, “EL” can also mean “Judge”. So “El Gibor” can also be translated as “Strong Judge”.

The “Mighty God” translation is just one possibility.

Extractedfrom Answering Trinity

C

Crazy4GODword

I learned about that. The word El must mean God. There is El shaddai and Elohim and Elijah and Elisha....etc

Feb 14, 2011
Hi Wake Up

Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace

El Gibor has been translated here as Mighty God.

It is unfortunate in old Jewish culture that people used to be named Godly names. It has been quite misleading for the Christians.
Psalm 82:6 “I said, ‘You are “gods” (Elohim; plural to El); you are all sons of the Most High.’ ”
“gods” here in Hebrew is “Elohim”, which is plural of “EL”. It is the same exact thing as “EL” used for Jesus in Isaiah 9:6, since “gods” is a combination of several “EL"s. And as clearly shown here, for someone to be called “god” or “God” in the Bible it wouldn’t make him GOD Almighty Himself
...all sons of the most high
Here “Son of God” means “Servant of God” in Hebrew.
Notice that in Isaiah 9:6, it clearly says
“and
his NAME shall be....”
This clearly proves that “Mighty God” is just a name given to the coming Prophet (Jesus). Since this is just a name, this also clearly proves other people in the old Jewish culture were named that name before, even if they’re not mentioned in the current Bible.

Have Isaiah 9:6 said “and he will be God Almighty Himself” or “and he will be the God Almighty” then this would be different, because we now would be talking about not just a NAME given to someone, but rather GOD Almighty Himself.

Some Godly names
13- Eliadah or Eliada means “God knows”.
14- Eliab means “my God is Father”.
15- Elzaphan means “God is Protector”
16- Eliakim means “God raises”.
17- Elisha means “God is Salvation”.
18- Eleazar means “God has helped”
19- Judah or Yahawdah means “Praised”. It generally means “Praised by Yahweh”.
20- Hashabiah means “Jehovah has considered”.
21- Mattithiah means “Gift of Jehovah”.

Having said that;

“Mighty God” in Isaiah 9:6 is “El Gibor”. This is not exactly “Mighty God”, but close. “Strong” is more correct (but it is different from strong of “hazak"). Here both El and Gibor are nouns - this is short full spell is “El Hu Gibor”.

Anyway “El Gibor” and “Gabriel” are same thing. They both mean “Strong God”. “Gabriel” is an angel’s name in the Bible.

The word “Gibor” in Isaiah 9:6 and the word “Gibor” of Gabriel have exactly the same root, and they are both the same word. The word itself can also be translated as “Man of God”.
By the way, “EL” can also mean “Judge”. So “El Gibor” can also be translated as “Strong Judge”.

The “Mighty God” translation is just one possibility.

Extractedfrom Answering Trinity

so, after all that: who was God talking about in that verse?(asiah9:6)
was mohamad born of a virgin? (mohamad is born in the 600s ad.)
is he called ''the mighty God? is he called the everlasting father?
you keep on sayng these nice words,like;pbuh, but the reality is you blatantly denying him. because of religion. you love religion more than God. you are trying very hard to shake Jesus of your mind, and try to replace him with someone else. it will never work. pbuy.

''wakeup.''

A

AnandaHya

Remember the birds who left the nest with their stomachs empty and returned full. God will provide if he so wills. In the end their death was the will of God. Their death increases the sin of the father.

Actually in Christianity if the father believes in Jesus pbuh he will still go to heaven despite what he has done to his family. Salvation is by faith alone.

I am working my way through the rest.

that is where your vision of God is much less kind then mine. God will provide if he will however, Jesus ask for us to pray and help. Their death does increase the sin of the father, so why do you think God would allow him to go to heaven despite his sin?

You misunderstand what it takes to have salvation. You downplay what FAITH really means.

Do Muslims with their five daily prayers still not understand the concept of FAITH? why do you pray if you do not think GOD listens?

The man obviously by his action does NOT have the Holy Spirit inside of him or he would have been convicted and prevented from doing such actions that would cause the death of his wife and child. He does NOT have FAITH so how can you say he will be saved?

Jesus does not teach this, Christainity should not teach this. Salvation is through the GRACE of GOD given and accepted in the hearts of the faithful that Jesus came and died for our sins and we should FOLLOW IN HIS FOOTSTEPS to enter the narrow gate that leads to Heaven. that is the seed of Grace. Faith is the profession of that Grace:

I believe that Jesus Christ is the son of God, died on the cross for the forgiveness of my sins and raised again is now in Heaven. I ask that He send the HOLY SPIRIT to live inside my heart.

ONLY when the Holy Spirit resides in the heart of the believer are they then consider children of the Most High God. Only then is the person forever saved and can not lose their salvation unless they deny the Holy Spirit inside themselves.

Now reason with me then: If the man THINKS to do wrong and has the Holy Spirit, who knows the will of God inside them, would not that same spirit PREVENT them from doing it? wouldn't GOd say DON"T DO THIS?

IF the man then goes and does it he denies the Holy spirit who tells him not too and he is as lost as if he never knew God to begin with, because this is a SIN UNTO DEATH.

its in the Bible. what kind of Christians have you been talking to?

anyway here's a song for my fellow sisters and brothers. :) I will pray for the Middle East and the innocents and people striving to just live. I hope the find God's truth, light and LOVE.

YouTube - JJ Heller - What love really means - Lyrics