nephilim

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 23, 2016
People have been so programmed since youth to have a certain idea of what Angels are, or should be, they simply cannot get to the unequivocable truth that angels had sex ON EARTH, NOT in Heaven, with human women, resulting in a hybrid race of beings, as clearly stated in Jude and I would argue Genesis and elsewhere.

WHY ARE THE ANGELS IN CHAINS RIGHT NOW? The Sethite crowd has no answer to that. Jude flat out tells us it is because of a sexual sin.

Our Bible study group went from about 5 people on board, to almost 25 out of about 30 on board, after studying this Scripture, that is virtually ignored by most Churches.

I think this issue will have huge ramifications related to the anti-christ, and therefore is more than just an interesting pursuit.
Consider this, PennEd:

In Gen 3:15, God told satan And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

We know, of course, that this promised seed refers to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. He is referred to as "her seed" in Gen 3:15.

So now, in Gen 6, who did those angels who kept not their first estate go after? The daughters of men ... the purpose was to stop "her seed" by contaminating the bloodline. Only Noah's bloodline remained "perfect" (Noah was perfect in his generations ... no genetic contamination).

That attempt by satan was thwarted by God when He brought judgment through the flood, killed off all the nephilim, and bound the angels which kept not their first estate in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day (Jude 1:6).

Now fast forward to God's promise to Abraham in Gen 12:7 that He would give to Abraham the land. At that time, Abraham was in Canaan. Then, in Gen 14:5, we read about the Rephaims in Ashteroth Karnaim, and the Zuzims in Ham, and the Emims in Shaveh Kiriathaim.

These are all rephaim (related to nephilim) resulting from sons of God going in unto the daughters of men. Rephaim were the offspring from that union.

According to Deut 2:10-11 Emims are rephaim. I believe Zuzims are also rephaim.

So, we again see nephilim/rephaim in the land of Canaan after God told Abraham He would give the land of Canaan to him and his Seed (Who, according to Gal 3:16, is Christ). Again, another attempt by satan to abolish the Christline.

Map of land of Canaan (Gen 14)

Just some thoughts on the matter ...

Shekinahglory

Aug 29, 2019
Angels can and do come as men and in that form they deserted their rightful place and let by anti-christ took for themselves the daughters of women. These fallen angels not only fathered children they fathered children that are the mythic giants all nations have in their line. After this the anti-christ and his angels have been locked in the Bottomless Pit and the rest under the Euphrates River all waiting for the time of judgment. You might recall when anti-christ is released from the Bottomless Pit he returns with fallen angels who have been from the pit and the angels held under the Euphrates it is the time of Judgment

ckhascall

Jun 2, 2019
Consider this, PennEd:

In Gen 3:15, God told satan And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

We know, of course, that this promised seed refers to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. He is referred to as "her seed" in Gen 3:15.

So now, in Gen 6, who did those angels who kept not their first estate go after? The daughters of men ... the purpose was to stop "her seed" by contaminating the bloodline. Only Noah's bloodline remained "perfect" (Noah was perfect in his generations ... no genetic contamination).

That attempt by satan was thwarted by God when He brought judgment through the flood, killed off all the nephilim, and bound the angels which kept not their first estate in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day (Jude 1:6).

Now fast forward to God's promise to Abraham in Gen 12:7 that He would give to Abraham the land. At that time, Abraham was in Canaan. Then, in Gen 14:5, we read about the Rephaims in Ashteroth Karnaim, and the Zuzims in Ham, and the Emims in Shaveh Kiriathaim.

These are all rephaim (related to nephilim) resulting from sons of God going in unto the daughters of men. Rephaim were the offspring from that union.

So, we again see nephilim/rephaim in the land of Canaan after God told Abraham He would give the land of Canaan to him and his Seed (Who, according to Gal 3:16, is Christ). Again, another attempt by satan to abolish the Christline.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
plagiarism..... "literary thief"

The father of plagiarism. You will not surly die as the counterfeiter.

www.dictionary.com/browse/plagiarism
Plagiarism definition, an act or instance of using or closely imitating the language and thoughts of another author without authorization and the representation of that author's work as one's own, as by not crediting the original author: It is said that he plagiarized Thoreau's plagiarism of a line written by Montaigne. See more.

Etymology[edit]
From plagiary +‎ -ism.

Pronunciation[edit]
  • IPA(key): /ˈpleɪdʒəˌɹɪzm/
Noun[edit]
plagiarism (countable and uncountable, plural plagiarisms)

1. (uncountable) Copying of another person's ideas, text or other creative work, and presenting it as one's own, especially without permission; plagiarizing.Even if it's not illegal, plagiarism is usually frowned upon.Copy from one, it's plagiarism. Copy from two, it's research.
  2. (uncountable) Text or other work resulting from this act.The novel was awash in plagiarism, with entire passages lifted verbatim.
  3. (countable) The instance of plagiarism.

The word Apostle "sent one" with no other meaning added. .

Not venreable ones . Abel the first apostle sent from God. The first martyr killed for brining the gospel message .

Apostolicical succssion or the idea of aporaloic time period .neither fit into the bibles definition.

There are apostles (sent ones) today just as there was in the Old testement .
When you can quote me advocating apostolic succession, then address it in your response to me. Until then, don't waste time with irrelevance.

Mar 28, 2016
When you can quote me advocating apostolic succession, then address it in your response to me. Until then, don't waste time with irrelevance.

I don't advocate it . I was showing how changing the meaning of one word can change the authors intent

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Consider this, PennEd:

So you agree that there were angelic/human Nephilim hybrids that were produced after the flood?

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
Normally I am disinclined to the fantastic (which in no way says that the fantastic is impossible, just less likely). I usually find the more mundane answer to be more plausible. However, I can see how Job, using the words "sons of God" as reference to angels, and how the comparison made in Jude gives good reason to come to this conclusion. I now consider this a plausible answer.
Shows maturity to be open to differing thoughts on a subject. Thank You.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
So you agree that there were angelic/human Nephilim hybrids that were produced after the flood?
I would characterize it as the continuation of fallen angel DNA, through the offspring of fallen angels. I am not of the belief that fallen angels mated with humans after the flood.

Although I concede it is an interesting point to consider that perhaps angels that initially fell with satan, that didn't originally participate in the sexual sin of mating with human women, who weren't cast into Tartarus, COULD find a way to mingle with the seed of men post flood.

We always focus, and rightly so, on the "Seed of the woman" in Genesis 3, because it tells us that Jesus will save us and defeat satan. And there is a line of human seed that leads to Jesus.

But Genesis 3 mentions ANOTHER seed. Satan's seed. I think it is reasonable to suggest that his seed is more numerous, and leads to the anti-christ.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
I would characterize it as the continuation of fallen angel DNA, through the offspring of fallen angels. I am not of the belief that fallen angels mated with humans after the flood.

Although I concede it is an interesting point to consider that perhaps angels that initially fell with satan, that didn't originally participate in the sexual sin of mating with human women, who weren't cast into Tartarus, COULD find a way to mingle with the seed of men post flood.

We always focus, and rightly so, on the "Seed of the woman" in Genesis 3, because it tells us that Jesus will save us and defeat satan. And there is a line of human seed that leads to Jesus.

But Genesis 3 mentions ANOTHER seed. Satan's seed. I think it is reasonable to suggest that his seed is more numerous, and leads to the anti-christ.
"I think it is reasonable to suggest that his seed is more numerous, and leads to the anti-christ."

Indeed. Chuck Missler may be correct in assuming a ET/Alien (actually demonic) connection and meddling (genetic?) that somehow ends up producing the AC.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Consider this, PennEd:

Six finger and six toes (polydactyism) and gigantism - not acromelglia but "true giant" (Goliath was certainly over 9 ft tall as his spearhead weighed 600 shekels = 15 lbs, a typical spear head being 1/10th of that) is undoubtedly not of the main-line human seed. And the bible makes it clear that there was a class distinction between giants and men.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Six finger and six toes (polydactyism) and gigantism - not acromelglia but "true giant" (Goliath was certainly over 9 ft tall as his spearhead weighed 600 shekels = 15 lbs, a typical spear head being 1/10th of that) is undoubtedly not of the main-line human seed. And the bible makes it clear that there was a class distinction between giants and men.
Does archeological evidence for non-humans post flood exist? You had better believe it.....

Mar 23, 2016
Numbers 13:33 And there we saw the giants [Heb nĕphiyl], the sons of Anak, which come of the giants [Heb nĕphiyl]: and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight.

The nĕphiyl were seen in the promised land in Numbers 13.

I also believe the giants referred to as rapha' are related to nĕphiyl.

Mar 23, 2016
I do not believe that just because someone is born with six fingers or six toes that means they are nĕphiyl or rapha'.

Nor do I believe that just because someone is tall that means they are nĕphiyl or rapha'.

I do believe something occurred between angels who kept not their first estate and daughters of men which resulted in what God refers to as nĕphiyl or rapha' . And I believe there is a difference between nĕphiyl/rapha' and what God refers to as natural man.

All will be revealed in time as God sees fit and we will be assured that God is a righteous God Who is worthy of all praise from us.

Mar 28, 2016

We should keep in mind as a new creation we are not that in which we will be when we receive our new incorruptible body as his chaste virgin bride the wife of Christ... . the church

Satan's seed as a lying spirit is not after the flesh .This is seen in the garden. The spirit of lies needing a creature of the field to pull off his deception . Wolf in sheep's clothing. Or with Peter in Mathew 16.

Angels, non human, are neither male nor female they have no dna not formed after the rudiments of this world .

The human messengers of the gospel as born again sons of God were cohabitating with the daughters of men (non believers .)

Daughters of men, (the seed of woman Gen 3:15 the seed of mankind the mother of us all. )

It is simply speaking of unconverted mankind.

The subject matter is not giants but being unevenly yoked.

These sons of God were the descendants of Seth. Seth the Bible informs us was made in the image of Adam natural man who was then a converted made in the image of God “Then men began to call on the name of the Lord,” a phrase that could also be rendered, “called after the name of the Lord”—that is the “sons of God.” led by the Spirit of Christ.

If so the women, “the daughters of men” whom these “sons of God” married were the descendants of unrighteous Cain. By marrying these women, the sons of the imputed righteous turned from God, leading Him to say that the entire world was then corrupt .Their thoughts evil after the imagination of their own stone hearts No faith that comes from hearing God. .

Noah's family was used to pass on the spiritual seed. . Christ. The giant NBA are still here. . it’s a dna thing. . . the temporal .

A good study would be how the word daughters is used (222 times) in context, as to how it is used in various parables .

"Daughters of men" is rendered daughters of the Canaanites below.

Genesis 24:3 And I will make thee swear by the Lord, the God of heaven, and the God of the earth, that thou shalt not take a wife unto my son of the daughters of the Canaanites, among whom I dwell:

Another using Canna to respect the daughters of men...

Genesis 28:1 And Isaac called Jacob, and blessed him, and charged him, and said unto him, Thou shalt not take a wife of the daughters of Canaan.

Daughters of men referred to as daughters of Moab in another passage.

Numbers 25:1 And Israel abode in Shittim, and the people began to commit whoredom with the daughters of Moab.

Below daughters are referred to as born again daughters of Israel making it the same as sons of Israel or sons of God. With the new heavenly Jerusalem Zion representing the mother of us all

Deuteronomy 23:17 There shall be no whore of the daughters of Israel, nor a sodomite of the sons of Israel.

Psalm 48:11 Let mount Zion rejoice, let the
daughters of Judah be glad, because of thy judgments.

Song of songs 3: 11 Go forth, O ye daughters of Zion, and behold king Solomon with the crown wherewith his mother crowned him in the day of his espousals, and in the day of the gladness of his heart.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Angels, non human, are neither male nor female they have no dna not formed after the rudiments of this world .
Where are these things stated in Scripture, that you assert them with such confidence?

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
I do not believe that just because someone is born with six fingers or six toes that means they are nĕphiyl or rapha'.

Nor do I believe that just because someone is tall that means they are nĕphiyl or rapha'.

I do believe something occurred between angels who kept not their first estate and daughters of men which resulted in what God refers to as nĕphiyl or rapha' . And I believe there is a difference between nĕphiyl/rapha' and what God refers to as natural man.

All will be revealed in time as God sees fit and we will be assured that God is a righteous God Who is worthy of all praise from us.
My point was that Goliath WAS a biblically designated true giant. Post flood. Not simply a man of large stature as some bible commentators think.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
Where are these things stated in Scripture, that you assert them with such confidence?
Heb 1:5,14 "For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son? Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?"

I think this thread just entered fantasy-land. Angels are spirits like garee said. You all need to get a grip. To PennEd you say this story is elsewhere from Genesis, where? I haven't ran across it.

I like what Magenta said on the second page of this thread: "Nowhere is it written, in scripture, that angels took on human form without God's permission." I would add any flesh to that. Like garee said Satan merely used a serpent to commune with eve (talked through it).

James 2:19 "Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble." :)

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
The flood was sent to wipe out humanity and all flesh of the earth with the breath of life except for Noah and his family because the wickedness of men had become so great; their thoughts and desires were only evil all the time.
Genesis 6:5 The Lord saw how great the wickedness of the human race had become on the earth, and that every inclination of the thoughts of the human heart was only evil all the time. 6 The Lord regretted that he had made human beings on the earth, and his heart was deeply troubled. 7 So the Lord said, “I will wipe from the face of the earth the human race I have created—and with them the animals, the birds and the creatures that move along the ground—for I regret that I have made them.” 8 But Noah found favor in the eyes of the Lord.
Correct.

Note especially:

verse 5 - https://biblehub.com/text/genesis/6-5.htm

verse 7 - https://biblehub.com/text/genesis/6-7.htm

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Heb 1:5,14 "For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son? Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?"

I think this thread just entered fantasy-land. Angels are spirits like garee said. You all need to get a grip. To PennEd you say this story is elsewhere from Genesis, where? I haven't ran across it.

I like what Magenta said on the second page of this thread: "Nowhere is it written, in scripture, that angels took on human form without God's permission." I would add any flesh to that. Like garee said Satan merely used a serpent to commune with eve (talked through it).

James 2:19 "Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble." :)
Scripture indicates otherwise. In no uncertain terms.