New mods and admins

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
There are tons of mods in the chat room. Problem is, the FORUMS is where tons of mods are needed the most.. And the chat mods are scared to come here, I think.. Don't want to deal with the drama. LOL

Also, not all the mods know what powers they have OR how to use them. I've asked 3 or 4 of them what powers they have and they all responded with, "I don't know". :/ Seriously, Robo needs to inform them on what powers they have and how to use them. He also needs to elect alot more forum mods because it seems that all the other mods leave everything to Oncefallen, who I rarely ever see online, unless he posts because his porch light is always off..

NotmebutHim

May 17, 2015
Both of those "problem" threads are gone, thank goodness.

Semper Fi!! :D

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
Unfortunately the offending threads that were posted over the weekend were up waaay longer than they normally would have been because I didn't log in for a couple of days (I do have a life outside of CC).

I would agree that additional help in the forums would take a load off of me since after Stilly stepped down I have pretty much single handedly dealt with the forum side of the site. Unfortunately, filling Stilly's shoes isn't as simple as just pulling a name out of a hat and awarding the "winner" broad powers.

U

Ugly

Unfortunately the offending threads that were posted over the weekend were up waaay longer than they normally would have been because I didn't log in for a couple of days (I do have a life outside of CC).

I would agree that additional help in the forums would take a load off of me since after Stilly stepped down I have pretty much single handedly dealt with the forum side of the site. Unfortunately, filling Stilly's shoes isn't as simple as just pulling a name out of a hat and awarding the "winner" broad powers.

I understand an admin role isn't as easy to fill, but even basic mods that actually come on and can delete threads and bans that are obviously needed should be easier to find.
I wasn't even sure if you were active on the site or who functioning admins are. I was going by the list of mods/admins posted by Robo. When I'm aware you Are around I recognize and appreciate the efforts you make. It seems that There's too much for one person. A number of things I've reported in recent months were never touched, or for days at least. And I don't report casually as some do.
I understand it's not as easy as picking just anyone to be a mod, but when admins/mods aren't logging in for years, or months I think it's a good time to find at least people with basic permissions.

M

Miri

I would probably end up banning everybody because I ticked or unticked the
wrong box by mistake! Lol

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
I would ban anyone who doesn't agree with me, which is most of you ;)!

N

NoNameMcgee

i promise if i am elected as mod, i would be very patient and only ban those who break the rules or came to cause trouble

;)

i would also listen to all the reports calmly and carefully

not pick favorites

or judge someone in error more harshly than someone with sound doctrine

after all
false preachers are like the hydra

you cutt off one head
and two more come back just like it
:rolleyes:

Subliminal Message: robo and once fallen... you must make nonamcgee a mod

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
I used to be a mod for another Christian forum, it was one that didn't last long sadly as the owner decided it was to much of a hassle to own a site and instead of giving the site to someone else he just deleted it. But when I was a mod reports were made constantly and a lot of them were just people being trigger happy with any kind of issue with another person so a lot of them I just decided to let it pass and tried to talk with the people having issues. Banning was not something I enjoyed doing but when it was needed I did it, though tbh the other two mods I think were way to quick to ban and one of them I think relished the power he had as a mod which was concerning.

Being a mod is not easy it requires diligence and extreme patience and maturity, you cannot simply say whatever you want like everyone does here you have to restrict yourself because as a mod you more than anyone have a responsibility to be the peace keeper and respond in a mature and Christ like manner, you cannot allow yourself to get pulled into a fiery debate and respond as one normally does in the bdf and you have to be prepared for a whole lot of immature reports that could have been resolved easily by the people themselves, to many people are to quick to report for reasons that need not reporting.

But even so you have to take their reports into account and for the most part people could be reasoned with but there are a few people who just never learn and don't listen. I admit being a mod has a sense of duty and people think it's an easy thing to do and be but from experience I can say it isn't, although I admit I enjoyed the job I was able to keep the peace much better than as one who has no power or authority.

D

Depleted

I've been "the gatekeeper," more than once for jobs. Part of my job was to sort the pile of mail and phone calls into two piles.
1. Rejected.
2. Pass it along.

My guess is that roughly 90% of the reports you receive belong easily in the reject pile -- people upset over someone getting angry at him/her after yanking that person's chain for 5-10 posts, "he said a dirty word" when the word was dam, or that biggest of sins committed on this site -- someone dares to disagree. All reduced to "reject."

But then there is the IDK pile. Where only you know enough about what's going on to decide if the person should or shouldn't be banned. That pile goes on to you for you to decide.

Is there anyone on this site you trust enough to hand them the big In Box? (Wherever those 100's of 1000's of reports go each day. Probably looks like a big pile of paperwork on your desk in an In Box.) Surely you know enough users on here with enough common sense that you can delegate whether a report should be tossed in the trash or forwarded. (And, I am definitely not volunteering, because you know me enough to know I'm rather a loose cannon myself. lol) You probably know them because when they report, they are the kinds of people you instantly listen to because they're accurate, and fair, in their reporting.

It's not giving them mod duties. It's passing on some gatekeeper responsibilities to a few members, so you have time for a life.

Either that or stop thinking you're allowed a life and stop getting sick. lol

(I really do worry that you and Rob take on way too much work, and will become sick from the stress of that much work 24/7/365.)

D

Depleted

I would probably end up banning everybody because I ticked or unticked the
wrong box by mistake! Lol
She was kidding, but Miri has something here. I can see you giving no one the ability to ban at all, so if she clicked the wrong button, the worse thing that happens is a report that should have gone to you was rejected. Nothing happened. Simply dismissed. BUT, she is also the kind of person, (and, no, not Miri. She has enough on her plate already, so just using her as an example), who would see the next person's report about the same user, and realize, she must have clicked the wrong button. So she would send it on to you the next time.

There really are quite a few people on here I would trust enough to do that, even if the report was about me and they did pass it along to you. I'd still trust they were being fair and honest. And that would give you less time in the In Box pile.

EarnestQ

Apr 28, 2016

Thank you for checking in and responding. Thank you for all you do for the site and with little to no appreciation.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
I know that you are only joking, but there are some people (if allowed to become a mod) would do just that! :eek:

May 17, 2018
Do you guys still offer Volunteer Services just wondering ?

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013

I wouldn't ban everyone I disagree with...

I'd just move all their threads to the Conspiracy Forum.