Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
You do not know what salvation means, I’m not here to argue.

If you know what salvation is, you’d believe Jesus and believe his words..

Salvation is by grace - God gave us his son for free, that is salvation, if you believe..

Now you’re saved, if you fail to bear fruits you’ll be cut off..

Now you’re saved, if you live holy lives, you’re bearing fruits of righteousness..

Fruits of Righteousness folks, fruits of righteousness..

The Whole Scriptures speaks about this..

If you live sinful lives you’re not bearing fruits..

(this is the simplest form I think it can be put.)

If you really knew what salvation was, you’ll believe the book of james, we were saved by grace, but faith without works is dead..

Ask yourselves, if you believe in God and have the holy spirit. Will you or will you not bear fruits..

The one who said Jesus is deity, you want to use devilish schemes to divert me to another topic.. just go look up, 1 Corinthians 15:28KJV..

Jesus, Our King, Our Savior, Our Lord, is the son of God, our Father.

You cannot change the bible, you cannot alter the word of God.

Anyone who has ears to hear, let him hear, anyone who has eyes to see, do see.

You need to read this:

Romans 4:3-5 (HCSB)
3 For what does the Scripture say? Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him for righteousness.
4 Now to the one who works, pay is not considered as a gift, but as something owed.
5 But to the one who does not work, but believes on Him who declares the ungodly to be righteous, his faith is credited for righteousness.

Titus 3:5-8 (HCSB)
5 He saved us— not by works of righteousness that we had done, but according to His mercy, through the washing of regeneration and renewal by the Holy Spirit.
6 He poured out this ⌊Spirit⌋ on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Savior,
7 so that having been justified by His grace, we may become heirs with the hope of eternal life.
8 This saying is trustworthy. I want you to insist on these things, so that those who have believed God might be careful to devote themselves to good works. These are good and profitable for everyone.

Still think you don't SIN?

Try this verse on for size.

1 Timothy 5:1 (NKJV)
1 Do not rebuke an older man, but exhort him as a father, younger men as brothers,

I am 69 years old, you may want to know that.

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
Salvation is not by works, neither can it be perfected by works,
. . . ✌🏿
You are barking up the wrong trees . . . . . do you know that almost everyone here believes that same thing.

This one just don't know how to hunt!

Where is your LOVE?

Galatians 5:22-23 (HCSB)
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faith,
23 gentleness, self-control. Against such things there is no law.

Dec 12, 2013
So where is your LOVE?

By the way, OBEDIENCE IS NOT PART OF SALVATION,

IT IS PART OF YOUR LOVE, that GOD PUT IN YOU, Rom. 5:5.

IF YOU ARE BORN AGAIN, that is.
I am still waiting on him to quote book, chapter and verse to prove his "BIBLICAL" statement below....

UserX18 said:
You who say a mortal can not bee perfect is anti-christ

TruthTalk

Jul 17, 2017
BOOK CHAPTER AND VERSE which proves your false statement below...the ABOVE does not say what YOU implied........your words are not found in the bible

UserX18 said:
Hi decon, Jesus raised the bar of perfection after He sat down and began to teach his disciple about hypocritical and empty religion. And how hypocritical is it for a poster like UserX18 to impose his disgusting false egocentric religious, "Sinless Perfectionism.", on a group of dedicated loving disciples of Jesus Christ.

I guess we can all say forgive him Father for He knows not what he is talking about and then just dust off our feet.
If anyone will not welcome you or listen to your words, leave that home or town and shake the dust off your feet.

Jesus; "Sat down and began to teach them saying; blessed are you when you are; Poor in Spirit; Those who Mourn; Those who are Meek; who hunger and thirst for righteousness; who are Merciful; who are Pure in Heart; who are peacemakers; Persecuted falsely for Righteousness sake.

Later Jesus said; "You have heard that it was said by them of old;", About Murder; About Adultery; About Divorce; About Oaths; About Eye for Eye; About Love for Enemies; About Judging Others; About True and False Prophets; and About True and False Disciples.

And still later in Matthew chapter 23, Jesus pronounces seven woe's to the Pharisees and the teachers of the Law, "woe to you hypocrites." Jesus called them; Blind Guides; They shut closed the door to heaven; They choke at a gnat but swallow a camel; Their giving is hypocritical; They clean the outside of the cup but neglect the inside; They are like white washed tombs, beautiful to look at on the outside, but unclean inside and full of old dead men's bones; They brood of vipers and kill some of the Prophet's, Sages and teachers.

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
Good, this is why the bible is complete.. let us go further to answer your question.

Romans 7:24-25 (KJV)
O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death? I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Romans 8:1-2 (KJV)

There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

You see.. so those who walk after the flesh will be condemned. It’s simple. Sin is a work of the flesh. Because the spirit of Christ cannot sin.

Now all those who want me to talk abbout myself, instead of the bible. 👅👅👅😝😛😜😂🤣😅

Repent and be saved. You need Christ.
Check your attitude!

Where is your LOVE?

Where is your JOY?

Where is your Peace?

Where is your Patience?

Tell us HOW you were SAVED, and How you Know You Are Saved?

We are not seeing it.

<><.🕇.><>

James 2:10 (NIV)
10 For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it.

Until you can face the reality that YOU ARE A SINNER, as bad as worst mass murderer on death row, you will be little use to the LORD.

E

eternally-gratefull

So where is your LOVE?

By the way, OBEDIENCE IS NOT PART OF SALVATION,

IT IS PART OF YOUR LOVE, that GOD PUT IN YOU, Rom. 5:5.

IF YOU ARE BORN AGAIN, that is.
A pharisee type who can not see his sin can not show love, Only self righteousness and pride.

As long as he thinks he is sinless.. Even if he is saved, he will never grow.

He states he needs christ, yet claims sinless.. which means in reality he does not need christ. He arrived

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
I am still waiting on him to quote book, chapter and verse to prove his "BIBLICAL" statement below....

UserX18 said:
I know, THE PERFECT HUMAN BEING is JESUS, and he thinks he is one.

He has a long ways to fall, before he learns to look up.

In the mean time, all he can do is bark up the wrong tree.

Dec 12, 2013
A pharisee type who can not see his sin can not show love, Only self righteousness and pride.

As long as he thinks he is sinless.. Even if he is saved, he will never grow.

He states he needs christ, yet claims sinless.. which means in reality he does not need christ. He arrived
Amen bro................the Pharisee thank God he was not like that scum bag sinner over there......and the scum bag sinner would not even look to heaven and said, "be merciful unto me a sinner".......we know who walked away justified......

Like Daniel said..."I Daniel was confessing my sins......."

There have been only three people on the planet that were ever sinless and out of those three only ONE remained sinless and that is JESUS.....Disclaimer...ADAM and EVE were created sinless........

ADAM<----SINNED <--1st ADAM brought SIN into the human race<--needed to be saved
EVE<--Deceived and in the transgression<------SINNED<---needed to be saved

JESUS <--SECOND ADAM<--TEMPTED <----NEVER SINNED <----Brought SALVATION and REDEMPTION to MAN

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
You need Christ- I’m saying this, to those who do not believe a MAN can bee perfect. You who say a mortal can not bee perfect is anti-christ. Jesus Christ was in mortal form. But walked after the spirit. All-anti-christs here, who deceive those that wants to be saved. Don’t worry. Time will Tell.
1 John 2:5 (KJV)
5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.

Do you even know that word Perfected, means Spiritually Mature? It is not talking about Sinlessness.

Modern versions translate that word to be MADE COMPLETE. Again is is NOT talking about Sinlessness.

1 John 2:5 (CSBBible)
5 But whoever keeps his word, truly in him the love of God is made complete. This is how we know we are in him:

In the New Century Version it translate it to: truly reached its goal.

1 John 2:5 (NCV)
5 But if someone obeys God’s teaching, then in that person God’s love has truly reached its goal. This is how we can be sure we are living in God:

Again it is talking about spiritual maturity, something that seems to escape your grasp.

How do we KNOW?

Romans 3:10 (HCSB)
10 as it is written: There is no one righteous, not even one.

Endoscopy

Oct 13, 2017
1 John 2:5 (KJV)
5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.

Do you even know that word Perfected, means Spiritually Mature? It is not talking about Sinlessness.

Modern versions translate that word to be MADE COMPLETE. Again is is NOT talking about Sinlessness.

1 John 2:5 (CSBBible)
5 But whoever keeps his word, truly in him the love of God is made complete. This is how we know we are in him:

In the New Century Version it translate it to: truly reached its goal.

1 John 2:5 (NCV)
5 But if someone obeys God’s teaching, then in that person God’s love has truly reached its goal. This is how we can be sure we are living in God:

Again it is talking about spiritual maturity, something that seems to escape your grasp.

How do we KNOW?

Romans 3:10 (HCSB)
10 as it is written: There is no one righteous, not even one.

For better understanding I prefer the AMPC

1 John 2 AMPC
5 But he who keeps (treasures) His Word [who bears in mind His precepts, who observes His message in its entirety], truly in him has the love of and for God been perfected (completed, reached maturity). By this we may perceive (know, recognize, and be sure) that we are in Him:

SweetStars

Oct 6, 2018
Arizona
This is just my opinion, but i believe that The Bible explains that we are not save by works, as no matter how many good deeds we do, it will never go to the standard of God, is like trying to pay an unpayable debt, that is why God give His one and only Son for the forgiveness of our sins so that we would not die and perish. But also Faith without works is a dead one, we have to follow our Master Jesus Christ example and do what is good in God's eyes and that is more that just a "mission" is our pleasure to do God's will. I'm not saying that it won't be tough or difficult or that we would not fail or fall from time to time, but the thing is to keep standing up each time with God's grace and power. Remember that we are a work in progress, just never give up on God's will and follow Jesus Christ each and every day.

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
This is just my opinion, but i believe that The Bible explains that we are not save by works, as no matter how many good deeds we do, it will never go to the standard of God, is like trying to pay an unpayable debt, that is why God give His one and only Son for the forgiveness of our sins so that we would not die and perish. But also Faith without works is a dead one, we have to follow our Master Jesus Christ example and do what is good in God's eyes and that is more that just a "mission" is our pleasure to do God's will. I'm not saying that it won't be tough or difficult or that we would not fail or fall from time to time, but the thing is to keep standing up each time with God's grace and power. Remember that we are a work in progress, just never give up on God's will and follow Jesus Christ each and every day.

Wow if you mean what I think you mean, it is REFRESHING to have a New Member that understands what the Scriptures say about Salvation and the LOVE that spawns our Obedience.

Do you agree, that SALVATION had nothing to do with Works, but is Eternal, and the Obedience is PART of GOD's LOVE that HE had the HOLY SPIRIT pour into our hearts, Rom. 5:5. That LOVE HE put into our hearts will want to do what Pleases HIM, because the LOVE coming out of our Hearts is the SAME kind of LOVE HE SOWED into the good soil of our Hearts.

WELCOME ABOARD. The regulars here that believe in the Eternal Security of Christ, are dcontroversal, Magenta, Jewel, TruthTalk, eternally-grateful, UnderGrace, blue-ladybug, BillG, and I am VCO. If I missed anyone, please forgive me.

SweetStars

Oct 6, 2018
Arizona
Yes, i have always see it this way, when your kid/little brother/sister want to help you (can be cleaning, bring you water, anything, you know those times kids go "let me, let me"), you know that you can do it on your own and much more effectively but just the though that your kid/little brother/sister wants to help you fill you with joy and you let them help you, they may mess up or not finish it perfectly but the fact that they wanted to help you (serve you) fills you with nothing but happiness, now if this is for us humans, imagine what it is for God, when His creation wants to serve Him. That is how i see serving God.

Endoscopy

Oct 13, 2017
One of my favorite sections of scripture with the following verses added, especially verse 25.

21 So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me. 22 For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; 23 but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me. 24 What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? 25 Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!
So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God’s law, but in my sinful nature a slave to the law of sin.

Dec 12, 2013
Yes, i have always see it this way, when your kid/little brother/sister want to help you (can be cleaning, bring you water, anything, you know those times kids go "let me, let me"), you know that you can do it on your own and much more effectively but just the though that your kid/little brother/sister wants to help you fill you with joy and you let them help you, they may mess up or not finish it perfectly but the fact that they wanted to help you (serve you) fills you with nothing but happiness, now if this is for us humans, imagine what it is for God, when His creation wants to serve Him. That is how i see serving God.
AMEN and welcome to CC........the simplicity found in Christ....eternal salvation based upon simple faith and the IRREVOCABLE gift of life from God.......

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
Wow if you mean what I think you mean, it is REFRESHING to have a New Member that understands what the Scriptures say about Salvation and the LOVE that spawns our Obedience.

Do you agree, that SALVATION had nothing to do with Works, but is Eternal, and the Obedience is PART of GOD's LOVE that HE had the HOLY SPIRIT pour into our hearts, Rom. 5:5. That LOVE HE put into our hearts will want to do what Pleases HIM, because the LOVE coming out of our Hearts is the SAME kind of LOVE HE SOWED into the good soil of our Hearts.

WELCOME ABOARD. The regulars here that believe in the Eternal Security of Christ, are dcontroversal, Magenta, Jewel, TruthTalk, eternally-grateful, UnderGrace, blue-ladybug, BillG, and I am VCO. If I missed anyone, please forgive me.
Yes I missed someone, mailmandan, and cailbob, sorry.