Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 12, 2013
The love didn't come from me, it came to me.
No matter how many times he states it, LOVE is not a part of the salvation process on our part....we cannot even begin to love until AFTER we have already been saved...

The following bolded and underlined is false and not biblical...and there is NONE good no not ONE....

benhur said:
Good story, that is what the Holy Spirit does to a good person. That is why I say 'love' is part of the saving process. Without love, nothing happens.

benhur

Feb 8, 2018
Hi benhur, I never said these words; so why not begin your next post with an apology to me for lying about me on a public forum. I never said these words, ever; "that I should be blackballed and kicked off the forum"
Have you ever said for me to get off the forum?

Have you ever said that you are going to report me? Why would you report me if you didn't want me blackballed from the forum?

benhur

Feb 8, 2018
No matter how many times he states it, LOVE is not a part of the salvation process on our part....we cannot even begin to love until AFTER we have already been saved...

The following bolded and underlined is false and not biblical...and there is NONE good no not ONE....

benhur said:
Good story, that is what the Holy Spirit does to a good person. That is why I say 'love' is part of the saving process. Without love, nothing happens.
Do you realize that when Jesus said this he included himself? Anyway sorry for calling somebody a good person. That was a hugh mistake, thank you for correcting me.

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
How many Christians do you know that have now left the faith?
Ben...If you have the Holy Spirit in you then one is saved , if you do not have the Holy Spirit then one is not saved...There are billions of people who claim to be a Christian , they end up walking away , once the Holy Spirit is living inside of you , we are no longer our own , we have died with Christ and risen in Him , your post seem to claim that God Almighty is very weak , you are treading on very thin ice...God's word gives us assurance that we are saved , anything else comes from the evil one , be careful who your listening to , because your god is not the Almighty God that breathed the inspired word...xox...

Dec 12, 2013
Do you realize that when Jesus said this he included himself? Anyway sorry for calling somebody a good person. That was a hugh mistake, thank you for correcting me.
NO where does the bible teach that LOVE on our part is part of salvation....Love is a spiritual gift and a process of growth and maturity AFTER one has been saved.......

As a matter of fact---> It is NOT that WE LOVED HIM, but that HE LOVED US and GAVE HIMSELF for US.........and JESUS said what about himself....???

benhur

Feb 8, 2018
The word is confabulate. It's a trick the subconscious plays on the conscious mind to believe lies and make up justifications for the balderdash that it wants to seem logical. It's part of our sinful nature.
Because you believe 'love' is not part of salvation, and I do believe 'love' is part of the salvation process, you are giving me the pshycoanalysis? We are not that far apart.

TruthTalk

Jul 17, 2017
Ben...If you have the Holy Spirit in you then one is saved , if you do not have the Holy Spirit then one is not saved...There are billions of people who claim to be a Christian , they end up walking away , once the Holy Spirit is living inside of you , we are no longer our own , we have died with Christ and risen in Him , your post seem to claim that God Almighty is very weak , you are treading on very thin ice...God's word gives us assurance that we are saved , anything else comes from the evil one , be careful who your listening to , because your god is not the Almighty God that breathed the inspired word...xox...
Hi Rosemaryx, and God bless you for telling benur he is treading on thin ice and that the bible gives us our assurance that we are truly saved, praise God.

benhur

Feb 8, 2018
I would never imply that God Almighty is weak. But we are weak vessels and the Holy Spirit will not remain in us if we give ourselves over to sin. The Holy Spirit will not continue to live in you if you continue to buckle under sin and live a life that is not reflective of your Christian beliefs. It does not mean God is weak, it just means you are weak. If you sucumb to the Holy Spirit and live a life that allows the Holy Spirit to be in you he will continue unrestricted. But if you live a life that satan would be happy to endorse, the Holy Spirit will not continue in you.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
I would never imply that God Almighty is weak. But we are weak vessels and the Holy Spirit will not remain in us if we give ourselves over to sin. The Holy Spirit will not continue to live in you if you continue to buckle under sin and live a life that is not reflective of your Christian beliefs. It does not mean God is weak, it just means you are weak. If you sucumb to the Holy Spirit and live a life that allows the Holy Spirit to be in you he will continue unrestricted. But if you live a life that satan would be happy to endorse, the Holy Spirit will not continue in you.
Now we are back to square 1, Was the person you speak of ever really saved at all?

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
I absolutely agree to what you are saying about people who claim to be walking in Christ Jesus , these are the ones you should be addressing , but we walk in the Spirit of God , and because we do still fall short because we are not yet perfect , we have an Intercessor for us who speaks on our behalf , and His name is Jesus Christ...

We as God`s children still sin , but not like we once did , everyday we grow more towards the thought of not willfully sinning against God , we resist temptations but still fall , we do not sin habitually like before , that is the difference...xox...

TruthTalk

Jul 17, 2017
Have you ever said for me to get off the forum? (Absolutely Not)

Have you ever said that you are going to report me? Why would you report me if you didn't want me blackballed from the forum?
You misinterpret "reporting a post that is rude", just like you misinterpret the bible.

Reporting a post is not "blackballing anyone.", and I never said I wanted you "off the forum."

These are complete lies from you about me on a public forum and these words were "never, ever, ever" spoken by me, ever.

I will say this; benhur you have some serious issues with your fake gospel.

TruthTalk

Jul 17, 2017
[QUOTE="benhur, post: 3731067, member: 267119"]I would never imply that God Almighty is weak. But we are weak vessels and the Holy Spirit will not remain in us if we give ourselves over to sin. The Holy Spirit will not continue to live in you if you continue to buckle under sin and live a life that is not reflective of your Christian beliefs. It does not mean God is weak, it just means you are weak. If you sucumb to the Holy Spirit and live a life that allows the Holy Spirit to be in you he will continue unrestricted. But if you live a life that satan would be happy to endorse, the Holy Spirit will not continue in you.[/QUOTE]

Now you are back peddling; there is no truth in your words benhur. This is just one more of a thousand times you are using a fictitious story, with no proof that this ever happen and no eyewitnesses.
And besides who made you Judge, Jury, and executioner.

benhur you are pushing a counterfeit gospel.
Stop with your fictitious stories; You say quote:"The Holy Spirit will not continue 'to live in you', if you continue to buckle under sin." Wrong; "where sin increased, grace increased all the more," And I'm sure you do not like the Apostle Paul's words;

Romans5:20
The law was brought in so that the trespass might increase. But where sin increased, grace increased all the more,

T

theanointedsinner

Now you are back peddling; there is no truth in your words benhur. This is just one more of a thousand times you are using a fictitious story, with no proof that this ever happen and no eyewitnesses. And besides who made you Judge, Jury, and executioner.

benhur you are pushing a counterfeit gospel.
Stop with your fictitious stories; You say quote:"The Holy Spirit will not continue 'to live in you', if you continue to buckle under sin." Wrong; "where sin increased, grace increased all the more," And I'm sure you do not like the Apostle Paul's words;

Romans5:20
The law was brought in so that the trespass might increase. But where sin increased, grace increased all the more,
he (not TruthTalk, TruthTalk is my brother) should take that big wooden gavel out of his eyes and take off that white wig of his

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
How many Christians do you know that have now left the faith?

NONE! Why do you NOT believe what the BIBLE says ? ? ?

1 John 2:19 (NKJV)
19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us; but they went out that they might be made manifest, that none of them were of us.

They were NEVER BORN AGAIN, IF THEY WENT OUT.

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
are you trying to say that even if Helen Keller is also mute, she can still be saved?

(Helen Keller is both deaf and blind)
ABSOLUTELY, the Ones who cannot speak here, will probably be given TEACHING ROLES in the KINGDOM.

The ones born with defective vocal cords WILL get to speak all they want in the Kingdom. GOD understands our handicaps, and he will make it fair and right.

T

theanointedsinner

ABSOLUTELY, the Ones who cannot speak here, will probably be given TEACHING ROLES in the KINGDOM.

The ones born with defective vocal cords WILL get to speak all they want in the Kingdom. GOD understands our handicaps, and he will make it fair and right.
regardless of extremes, amen

T

theanointedsinner

No snake handling? Well how bout spirit filled clog dancing or vomiting out demons or there's this neat trick with rat poison and kool aid or maybe some peyote, sage, rocks and a wig wam?
you forgot one more think, squeaking in tongues, and make sure to sound like alvin and the chipmunk who consumed a lot of helium :ROFL:

Dec 12, 2013
Because you believe 'love' is not part of salvation, and I do believe 'love' is part of the salvation process, you are giving me the pshycoanalysis? We are not that far apart.
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHA let me give you an object lesson

Calibob as the EAST <-------------------------------------------------------------->You as the West

That is how far apart your doctrines ARE.........