Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Studyman

Oct 11, 2017
You have a serious works-righteousness problem.

BTW the correct verse verbatim is:

John 8:31
31So Jesus said to the Jews who had believed him, “If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples, 32and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”

The point? Once free always free. A one time event, and forevermore.
"If you abide" or "Continue" as some translations are not a one time event. As Jesus said "He that "endures" (Abides, continues) to the end shall be saved.

I know what religious man teaches, I'm sticking with the Christ on this one.

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
DA plane, Da plane........Berthing is a word, farthing is a word, soothing is a word, teething is a word........faithing is not a word, nor a biblical truth...........
Im faithing a soothing plane. What a teething process that was.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
"If you abide" or "Continue" as some translations are not a one time event. As Jesus said "He that "endures" (Abides, continues) to the end shall be saved.

I know what religious man teaches, I'm sticking with the Christ on this one.
You missed the point. You are all over the map missing the point. The point is ONCE FREE ALWAYS FREE. Once you "know the Truth", you cannot unknow it.

Suzy37

Nov 20, 2018
So I am having trouble with my tablet I can see a post just fine but when I try to reply the original post comes up all coded and hard to see so I can answer.It also jumps from one post to another and I can easily not reply to the right message.
Any ideas? Thanks!

Studyman

Oct 11, 2017
You missed the point. You are all over the map missing the point. The point is ONCE FREE ALWAYS FREE. Once you "know the Truth", you cannot unknow it.
"If you abide in His Word". There are "many" different truths out there. WHY? Because not everyone who says Lord, Lord, "abides in His Word". And if you don't "Abide in His Word" you don't get HIS Truth.

As it is written.

Matt. 7:
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. (Lawlessness)

2 Tim. 2:19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity. (Lawlessness)

Matt. 13:
41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity; (Lawlessness)
42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Abiding or continuing in His Word means to depart from Lawlessness. Not religious man's definition, but the Word of God which became Flesh's definition.

I think it is you who have missed the point.

Suzy37

Nov 20, 2018
I received a BORN AGAIN human spirit, after I repented and RECEIVED HIM AS LORD, meaning Master, after 3 attempts at suicide the last week of 1977.

I KNEW HE had CHANGED ME on the inside, I felt the HUNGER in my Heart to understand HIS WORD, and it was like having 2 minds, ONE between my ears and the OTHER ONE was the spiritual Mind in my HEART, and I never felt it before. My spiritual mind was always wanting to do what was Pleasing to my LORD, and my mortal mind kept getting in the way. My human spirit grew leaps and bounds, when I started feeding on the WORD, and eventually the spiritual mind became dominant. Am I sinless? NO! But with my spiritual mind being dominant, is it much easier than it used to be to not give in to my sin nature.

There are Three parts to a human being, but the human spirit was spiritually dead from natural birth and IT HAD TO BE BIRTHED into ETERNAL LIFE, by the The Holy Spirit. NO ONE CAN EVER CONVINCE ME THAT IT WAS NOT REAL.

1 Thessalonians 5:23-24 (NASB)
23 Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you entirely; and may your spirit and soul and body be preserved complete, without blame at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
24 Faithful is He who calls you, and He also will bring it to pass.
Sorry you were having problems VCO but glad you are doing well now! That experience sounds like conversion , God does indeed change those who seek Him and then growth thru the HS, putting mind of Christ in us, but that is not born again if you realize you still sin then remember in Jhn where it says if born of the spirit you cannot sin. ( I realize that every day when I fail in some way) You do not have eternal life yet. The immortal soul doctrine was first brought to Eve by Satan and still a lie!

I Thess 5 vrs 23-24 is speaking of those Paul was asking for God to set them apart ( sanctify) and that they would be preserved blameless until Christs coming spirt,soul and body,that they would remain faithful until Christ came . The NT 1st generation believed Christ would come in their time. Paul showed that in his writings.They were to be blameless like Zachirius and Elizabeth, blameless in keeping Commandments.

I do not say your experience was not real but that it was being born again. not going to happen until the resurrection!

Studyman

Oct 11, 2017
What will it take to get them to fall on their knees in true repentance?

I'll tell you right now, I will never bow down to the long haired men's hair shampoo model known world wide as the "Christian" God. I will never bow down to the Pope of His High Days that you cherish and defend.

John 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Let me ask you a question.

Ex. 20:6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

Are these the Word's of your Savior, or do you worship another?

E

eternally-gratefull

I'll tell you right now, I will never bow down to the long haired men's hair shampoo model known world wide as the "Christian" God. I will never bow down to the Pope of His High Days that you cherish and defend.

John 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Let me ask you a question.

Ex. 20:6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

Are these the Word's of your Savior, or do you worship another?
I see no evidence you have bowed down to God my freind.

If you did, you would not boast as the pharisee, but cry out like the tax collector.

star

Nov 8, 2017
North Carolina
I agree with what Jesus said about giving the Spirit of Truth to men "IF" we Love Him and Keep his Commandments as it is written. But your preaching that our "only part" in our own salvation is to accept that free gift of immortality, that is not what the Christ of the Bible teaches.

Matt. 5:20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees,(Mainstream Preachers of Christ's time) ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

What was wrong with the Mainstream Preachers of Christ's time? Let Jesus Himself answer this question.

Matt. 15:3 But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?

How can we "DO" the same things and not receive the same judgment?

Luke 6:
46 And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

How is it so "MANY" people call Him Lord, Lord, yet the Holy Spirit you speak of doesn't lead them to "DO" as the Christ says?

47 Whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings, and doeth them, I will shew you to whom he is like:

How is it you, and most every Mainstream Preacher on the planet, preach all we have to do is "accept the free gift" when the Word of God says:

Matt. 7: 21, "Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

48 He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock.

How is it Mainstream religions of the land preach all we do is "accept" the free gift when Jesus, the Word of God which became Flesh, the Christ who created all things, says we must "DO" something first.

Luke 13:3 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

49 But he that heareth, and doeth not, is like a man that without a foundation built an house upon the earth; against which the stream did beat vehemently, and immediately it fell; and the ruin of that house was great.

2 Tim. 2:
15 Study ( something we "DO") to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
16 But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.
17 And their word will eat as doth a canker: of whom is Hymenaeus and Philetus;
18 Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already, ( you are already saved, already immortal) and overthrow the faith of some.
19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity. (Lawlessless, something we "DO")

I agree that we work together with God.

1 Cor. 3:
8 Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour.
9 For we are labourers (Doers, not just hearers) together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building.

You religious preaching: "Your only part in salvation is to accept that free gift" sounds easy, and smooth, and the masses surely do flock to this path. But I can quote the Christ for pages, both as the Word of God and as the Man Jesus, which tell us to "Deny ourself", He doesn't "DO" that for us. To "Keep His Commandments", He doesn't "DO" that for us. To "DO" the Will of the God of Abraham. He doesn't "DO" that for us.

If His Word didn't warn about how satan deceives the world through religions which call Him Lord, Lord, it might not be such a big deal.

But here you are preaching things, in the name of God, that are opposite of what the Christ Himself taught. Shouldn't a man seeking the Truth consider these things?

Are we not to "take heed" of the teaching of religious man and "Live by" Every Word of God?

Or do we reject His Word once we "Accept" His Free gift.

I can quote other passages where the "free gift of salvation" and acceptance proves you are depending on "works" to keep you saved. However, since you have to spend so much time (which I do not have) quoting whatever substantiates your personal view, I'm sure you can locate those verses easily. I have confidence, faith, hope in the finished work of the Jesus Christ my Lord and Savior to provide me with everlasting salvation and I have the Holy Spirit's promise of abiding in me to help me follow the example of the Lord for an abundant life.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
this dude works hard at avoiding the point.

Studyman

Oct 11, 2017
I think he enjoys being fed. Time to stop feeding him.
You have never fed me EG. You have tried to poison me a few times, but thanks to the Grace of God and His Armor, I was able to resist your food.

I can only hope that you will stop trying to force feed me, and others, your tradition soaked religion. I doubt that I should be so fortunate though.

Suzy37

Nov 20, 2018
I received a BORN AGAIN human spirit, after I repented and RECEIVED HIM AS LORD, meaning Master, after 3 attempts at suicide the last week of 1977.

I KNEW HE had CHANGED ME on the inside, I felt the HUNGER in my Heart to understand HIS WORD, and it was like having 2 minds, ONE between my ears and the OTHER ONE was the spiritual Mind in my HEART, and I never felt it before. My spiritual mind was always wanting to do what was Pleasing to my LORD, and my mortal mind kept getting in the way. My human spirit grew leaps and bounds, when I started feeding on the WORD, and eventually the spiritual mind became dominant. Am I sinless? NO! But with my spiritual mind being dominant, is it much easier than it used to be to not give in to my sin nature.

There are Three parts to a human being, but the human spirit was spiritually dead from natural birth and IT HAD TO BE BIRTHED into ETERNAL LIFE, by the The Holy Spirit. NO ONE CAN EVER CONVINCE ME THAT IT WAS NOT REAL.

1 Thessalonians 5:23-24 (NASB)
23 Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you entirely; and may your spirit and soul and body be preserved complete, without blame at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
24 Faithful is He who calls you, and He also will bring it to pass.

Chester

May 23, 2016
Why do people bungle salvation and growing in Christ together?
Depends what a person means by "salvation"?

To me salvation is not only getting to heaven and having my sins forgiven, but it also includes the power of the Holy Spirit to live above sin on a daily basis. I am excited about heaven and the eternal rewards God has in store, but today I am living eternal life in a daily relationship with my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. Salvation to me is that whole package.

Studyman

Oct 11, 2017
Sorry I am pretty new here and thought you were talking to me. I am sure I have not read nearly all your posts yet
Thanks for the good words and sorry again!
No worries sister, I also have difficulties with this digital age. I think you are doing just fine. This forum is a dangerous place. Be sure to have His Armor on when you visit.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
No worries sister, I also have difficulties with this digital age. I think you are doing just fine. This forum is a dangerous place. Be sure to have His Armor on when you visit.
when you say " his armor : you do not mean the Armor that Paul described. in order to have that, you have to have the Holy Sprit. in order to have the Holy Sprit, then you have to accept the Lord Jesus Christ as you LORD and Savior.

you just have this " the Christ " as your " savior ". if you do not accept the Lordship of Christ , then He cannot be your savior. it is package deal.

it is believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, or not enter the Kingdom

Dec 12, 2013
Yes they do realise and already know what they are going to say.

"Ooh wasn't I good, look at all these good works I did"

That's also what a lot of my non Christian friends do when I ask them what they will say when they meet God.
BINGO.......give this man a ceeeeegar!!

Bill swings, crack and knocks it outta da park