Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 5, 2019
That's actually a fair question. Notice I said can APPLY to backslidden Christians. Interpretation vs application.

In other words, in the original meaning and intent it does not refer to Christians ( I'm glad you picked up on this, many around here failed to recognize this essential point) but in application we can say that at times Christians may become prodigal and return to the Lord and be welcomed with open arms. Of course we say this to encourage the discouraged and fallen, not to encourage laxity.
That's actually a fair question. Notice I said can APPLY to backslidden Christians. Interpretation vs application.

In other words, in the original meaning and intent it does not refer to Christians ( I'm glad you picked up on this, many around here failed to recognize this essential point) but in application we can say that at times Christians may become prodigal and return to the Lord and be welcomed with open arms. Of course we say this to encourage the discouraged and fallen, not to encourage laxity.
29 for God’s gifts and his call are irrevocable. Romans 11
one would have to prove, you can be cut off, from the gift of the holy spirit,

Life Through the Spirit
8 Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, 2 because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives lifehas set you[a] free from the law of sin and death Romans 8

if you have been set free from the law of sin and death, ware did you get backsliding or backslidden from

stillness

Jan 28, 2013
Walk trough the valley
Not by works: defines that Jesus is the saviour of all men, especially of them that have faith that works by Love to obtain a crown of life. "Jesus became author of eternal salvation for all them that believe: follow Him to work in the vineyard for a crown of life. These are wiling to die for what they believe and it causes revival to spread. Let no one take your crown shows that we can lose the eternal salvation of the sons of God and remain among the nations of the saves who will be released from the sea and from death and he'll to receive according to their works. I don't think I need to say anything more here. We will end up where we desire to be.

Feb 5, 2019
28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand.
John 10:28
The Good Shepherd and His Sheep

Isaiah 49
6 he says:
“It is too small a thing for you to be my servant
to restore the tribes of Jacob
and bring back those of Israel I have kept.
I will also make you a light for the Gentiles,
that my salvation may reach to the ends of the earth.”

salvationDictionary result for salvation
/salˈveɪʃ(ə)n/
noun

1. 1.
    preservation or deliverance from harm, ruin, or loss.
    "they try to sell it to us as economic salvation"
    synonyms:lifeline, preservation, conservation, means of escape
    "she clung to that conviction, knowing it was her salvation"

2. 2.
    THEOLOGY
    deliverance from sin and its consequences, believed by Christians to be brought about by faith in Christ.
    "the Christian gospel of salvation for all mankind"
    synonyms:redemption, deliverance, saving, help, reclamation

Dec 27, 2018
29 for God’s gifts and his call are irrevocable. Romans 11
one would have to prove, you can be cut off, from the gift of the holy spirit,

Life Through the Spirit
8 Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, 2 because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives lifehas set you[a] free from the law of sin and death Romans 8

if you have been set free from the law of sin and death, ware did you get backsliding or backslidden from
Walking in the Spirit is done day by day, minute by minute...

1 Corinthians 10:12- 12So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don't fall!

Hebrews 2:1- Therefore we must pay much closer attention to what we have heard, lest we drift away from it.

James 5:19-20- My brothers, if anyone among you wanders from the truth and someone brings him back, let him know that whoever brings back a sinner from his wandering will save his soul from death and will cover a multitude of sins.

Galatians 6:1- Brothers, if anyone is caught in any transgression, you who are spiritual should restore him in a spirit of gentleness. Keep watch on yourself, lest you too be tempted.

2 Peter 1:9- For whoever lacks these qualities is so nearsighted that he is blind, having forgotten that he was cleansed from his former sins.

Hebrews 3:12-13- Take care, brothers, lest there be in any of you an evil, unbelieving heart, leading you to fall away from the living God. But exhort one another every day, as long as it is called “today,” that none of you may be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin.

Dec 27, 2018
Mathew 21:28-32
The parable of the Two Sons

28“But what do you think? A man had two sons, and he came to the first and said, ‘Son, go work today in the vineyard.’
29“And he answered, ‘I will not’; but afterward he regretted it and went.
30“The man came to the second and said the same thing; and he answered, ‘I will, sir’; but he did not go. 31“Which of the two did the will of his father?”

They said, “The first.” Jesus said to them, “Truly I say to you that the tax collectors and prostitutes will get into the kingdom of God before you.
32“For John came to you in the way of righteousness and you did not believe him; but the tax collectors and prostitutes did believe him; and you, seeing this, did not even feel remorse afterward so as to believe him.

The first and second son only represent what Jesus asked...
WHO DID THE WILL OF THE FATHER.

The first son did the will of the father.

If you notice, there is no language such as "born again" or anything resembling that...
Why?
Because Jesus said we must be born of above...
John 3:3

And then He continued His 3 plus year ministry to TEACH US HOW to please God because we ARE born from above and are expected to obey our new FATHER in heaven.
You are making the opposite mistake that DC made. The second son in the parable does not represent believers.

Dec 27, 2018
28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand.
John 10:28
The Good Shepherd and His Sheep

Isaiah 49
6 he says:

/salˈveɪʃ(ə)n/
noun

1. 1.
  2. 2.
    THEOLOGY
    deliverance from sin and its consequences, believed by Christians to be brought about by faith in Christ.
Yes, as I have said NUMEROUS times, God preserves His Saints. But we are also given warning passages like the ones I posted a couple posts above, because there is a danger that we drift away. Christians must not be lax. IN case you missed them

1 Corinthians 10:12- 12So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don't fall!

Hebrews 2:1- Therefore we must pay much closer attention to what we have heard, lest we drift away from it.

James 5:19-20- My brothers, if anyone among you wanders from the truth and someone brings him back, let him know that whoever brings back a sinner from his wandering will save his soul from death and will cover a multitude of sins.

Galatians 6:1- Brothers, if anyone is caught in any transgression, you who are spiritual should restore him in a spirit of gentleness. Keep watch on yourself, lest you too be tempted.

2 Peter 1:9- For whoever lacks these qualities is so nearsighted that he is blind, having forgotten that he was cleansed from his former sins.

Hebrews 3:12-13- Take care, brothers, lest there be in any of you an evil, unbelieving heart, leading you to fall away from the living God. But exhort one another every day, as long as it is called “today,” that none of you may be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin.

There is plenty to lose without even discussing losing salvation. I think it is vain to discuss whether or not it is possible to lose one's salvation. There is plenty of reason to be diligent, our fruitfulness for God, our testimony, the souls of the ones we love, not causing the Word of God to be blasphemed by our hypocrisy and inconsistency, to need to worry about losing salvation

IM NOT TRYING TO KEEP MY SALVATION BY MY OWN WORKS. I AM JUST TRYING TO BEAR FRUIT FOR GOD. THAT IS GOOD REASON ENOUGH NOT TO BE LAX OR CARELESS ABOUT MY WALK

Feb 5, 2019
Walking in the Spirit is done day by day, minute by minute...

Galatians 5 1) It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.
4 You who are trying to be justified by the law have been alienated from Christ; you have fallen away from grace.

when was salvation your responsibility , when were you made a light to the gentile or the jewish coverts , to christain belief.

he says:

my salvation , means speaking as mine, to be given by
The Servant of the Lord

not yours or mine, given as a gift,

4 You who are trying to be justified by the law have been alienated from Christ; you have fallen away from grace.

who is correcting who, (given as a gift, )

romans 11
29 for God’s gifts and his call are irrevocable . (you agreed to this)

32 For God has bound everyone over to disobedience so that he may have mercy on them all.

salvation , has set you free,

Life Through the Spirit
8 Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, 2 because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives lifehas set you[a] free from the law of sin and death. 3 For what the law was powerless to do because it was weakened by the flesh,[b] God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh to be a sin offering.[c]And so he condemned sin in the flesh, 4 in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the flesh but according to the Spirit

by the law have been alienated from Christ; you have fallen away from grace.

Feb 5, 2019
by the law have been alienated from Christ; you have fallen away from grace

it is to bring them back to grace, the understanding you cannot irrevocable the free gift, it was not given by human meaning, or given by any action you did, an unmerited gift.

Feb 5, 2019
You who are trying to be justified by the law have been alienated from Christ; you have fallen away from grace

alienated Dictionary result for alienated
/ˈeɪlɪəneɪtɪd/
adjective

1. 1.
    experiencing or inducing feelings of isolation or estrangement.
    "an alienated, angst-ridden twenty-two-year-old"
  2. 2.
    (of property) transferred to the ownership of another person or group.
the choice is yours to make , believe in what jesus has done, or reject what jesus has done, will lead to a consequence.

consequence Dictionary result for consequence
/ˈkɒnsɪkw(ə)ns/
noun
plural noun: consequences
  1. 1.
    a result or effect, typically one that is unwelcome or unpleasant.
    "abrupt withdrawal of drug treatment can have serious consequences"
    synonyms:result, upshot, outcome, out-turn, sequel, effect, reaction, repercussion, reverberations, ramification, end, end result, conclusion, termination, culmination, denouement, corollary, concomitant, aftermath, fruit(s), product, produce, by-product;More

2. 2.
    importance or relevance.
    "the past is of no consequence"
    synonyms:importance, import, significance, account, moment, momentousness, substance, note, mark, prominence, value, weightiness, weight, concern, interest, gravity, seriousness
    "the past is of no consequence"

Argueless

Oct 21, 2018
("Historyanswers, post: 3842750, member: 280845"]Galatians 5 1) It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.

when was salvation your responsibility , when were you made a light to the gentile or the jewish coverts , to christain belief.

he says:

The Servant of the Lord

romans 11

32 For God has bound everyone over to disobedience so that he may have mercy on them all.

Life Through the Spirit
8 Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, 2 because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives lifehas set you[a] free from the law of sin and death. 3 For what the law was powerless to do because it was weakened by the flesh,[b] God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh to be a sin offering.[c]And so he condemned sin in the flesh, 4 in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the flesh but according to the Spirit

by the law have been alienated from Christ; you have fallen away from grace.[/QUOTE]

Who are trying to be justified by the law? Are they not those who are under the law? Are they not the ELECT whose GIFTS ARE IRREVOCABLE because of God's promise.

...the people of Israel. Theirs is the adoption as sons; theirs the divine glory, the covenants, the receiving of the law, the temple worship and the promises. Theirs are the patriarchs, and from them is traced the human ancestry of Christ, who is God over all, forever praised! Amen.

Who received mercy as a result of the DISOBEDIENCE of another?

...If some of the branches have been broken off, and you, though a wild olive shoot, have been grafted in among the others and now share in the nourishing sap from the olive root, do not boast over those branches. If you do, consider this: YOU DO NOT SUPPORT THE ROOT, but the root supports you. You will say then, “Branches were broken off so that I could be grafted in.” Granted. But they were broken off because of unbelief, and you stand by faith. DO NOT BE ARROGANT, BUT BE AFRAID. For if God did not spare the natural branches, HE WILL NOT SPARE YOU EITHER. Consider therefore the kindness and sternness of God: sternness to those who fell, but kindness to you, PROVIDED THAT YOU CONTINUE in his kindness. Otherwise, ÝOU ALSO WILL BE CUT OFF. And if they do not persist in unbelief, they will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again. After all, if you were cut out of an olive tree that is wild by nature, and contrary to nature were grafted into a cultivated olive tree, how much more readily will these, the natural branches, be grafted into their own olive tree! All Israel Will Be Saved I do not want you to be IGNORANT of this mystery, brothers, so that YOU MAY NOT BE CONCEITED: Israel has experienced a hardening in part until the full number of the Gentiles has come in. And so all Israel will be saved, as it is written: “The deliverer will come from Zion; he will turn godlessness away from Jacob. And this is my covenant with them when I take away their sins.” As far as the gospel is concerned, they are enemies on your account; but as far as ELECTION is concerned, they are loved on account of the patriarchs, for God’s gifts and his call are IRREVOCABLE. Just as you who were at one time disobedient to God have now received mercy as a RESULT OF THEIR DISOBEDIENCE, so they too have now become disobedient in order that they too may now receive mercy as a result of God’s mercy to you. For God has bound all men over to disobedience so that he may have mercy on them all. Romans 11:17-32

No one can be JUSTIFIED by the law but "God's wrath comes on those who are DISOBEDIENT. (Ephesians 5:6)

Feb 5, 2019
("Historyanswers, post: 3842750, member: 280845"]Galatians 5 1) It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.

he says:

The Servant of the Lord

romans 11

Life Through the Spirit

Who are trying to be justified by the law? Are they not those who are under the law? Are they not the ELECT whose GIFTS ARE IRREVOCABLE because of God's promise.

...the people of Israel. Theirs is the adoption as sons; theirs the divine glory, the covenants, the receiving of the law, the temple worship and the promises. Theirs are the patriarchs, and from them is traced the human ancestry of Christ, who is God over all, forever praised! Amen.

...If some of the branches have been broken off, and you, though a wild olive shoot, have been grafted in among the others and now share in the nourishing sap from the olive root, do not boast over those branches. If you do, consider this: YOU DO NOT SUPPORT THE ROOT, but the root supports you. You will say then, “Branches were broken off so that I could be grafted in.” Granted. But they were broken off because of unbelief, and you stand by faith. DO NOT BE ARROGANT, BUT BE AFRAID. For if God did not spare the natural branches, HE WILL NOT SPARE YOU EITHER. Consider therefore the kindness and sternness of God: sternness to those who fell, but kindness to you, PROVIDED THAT YOU CONTINUE in his kindness. Otherwise, ÝOU ALSO WILL BE CUT OFF. And if they do not persist in unbelief, they will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again. After all, if you were cut out of an olive tree that is wild by nature, and contrary to nature were grafted into a cultivated olive tree, how much more readily will these, the natural branches, be grafted into their own olive tree! All Israel Will Be Saved I do not want you to be IGNORANT of this mystery, brothers, so that YOU MAY NOT BE CONCEITED: Israel has experienced a hardening in part until the full number of the Gentiles has come in. And so all Israel will be saved, as it is written: “The deliverer will come from Zion; he will turn godlessness away from Jacob. And this is my covenant with them when I take away their sins.” As far as the gospel is concerned, they are enemies on your account; but as far as ELECTION is concerned, they are loved on account of the patriarchs, for God’s gifts and his call are IRREVOCABLE. Just as you who were at one time disobedient to God have now received mercy as a RESULT OF THEIR DISOBEDIENCE, so they too have now become disobedient in order that they too may now receive mercy as a result of God’s mercy to you. For God has bound all men over to disobedience so that he may have mercy on them all. Romans 11:17-32

No one can be JUSTIFIED by the law but "God's wrath comes on those who are DISOBEDIENT. (Ephesians 5:6)[/QUOTE]
the choice is yours to make , believe in what jesus has done, or reject what jesus has done, will lead to a consequence.

Gentiles,

that my salvation may reach to the ends of the earth

/salˈveɪʃ(ə)n/
noun

1. 1.

2. 2.
    THEOLOGY

Feb 5, 2019

he says:

The Servant of the Lord

romans 11

Life Through the Spirit

No one can be JUSTIFIED by the law but "God's wrath comes on those who are DISOBEDIENT. (Ephesians 5:6)[/QUOTE]
when did believing in a god, have any thing to do with an action,

11 No! We believe it is through the grace of our Lord Jesus that we are saved, just as they are.” acts 15

they asked what law to give a gentile. etc and paul being jewish replies

Argueless

Oct 21, 2018

No one can be JUSTIFIED by the law but "God's wrath comes on those who are DISOBEDIENT. (Ephesians 5:6)

Gentiles,

/salˈveɪʃ(ə)n/
noun

1. 1.
  2. 2.
    THEOLOGY

[/QUOTE]
I believe in what my LORD Jesus has done for me and that is why i obey Him as my LORD AND SAVIOR and that's whyi do not change the grace of our God into a license for immorality.

...For certain men whose condemnation was written about long ago have secretly slipped in among you. They are godless men, who change the grace of our God into a license for immorality and deny Jesus Christ our only Sovereign and Lord. Though you already know all this, I want to remind you that the Lord delivered his people out of Egypt, but later destroyed those who did not believe. And the angels who did not keep their positions of authority but abandoned their own home—these he has kept in darkness, bound with everlasting chains for judgment on the great Day. In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion. They serve as an example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire. Jude 1:4-25

Feb 5, 2019

Gentiles,

/salˈveɪʃ(ə)n/
noun

1. 1.
  2. 2.
    THEOLOGY

I believe in what my LORD Jesus has done for me and that is why i obey Him as my LORD AND SAVIOR and that's whyi do not change the grace of our God into a license for immorality.

...For certain men whose condemnation was written about long ago have secretly slipped in among you. They are godless men, who change the grace of our God into a license for immorality and deny Jesus Christ our only Sovereign and Lord. Though you already know all this, I want to remind you that the Lord delivered his people out of Egypt, but later destroyed those who did not believe. And the angels who did not keep their positions of authority but abandoned their own home—these he has kept in darkness, bound with everlasting chains for judgment on the great Day. In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion. They serve as an example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire. Jude 1:4-25 [/QUOTE]
when did the people of Egypt , know about jesus christ, they have no way of know what happened in the future,

acts 15 is not about law, it about what law to give a gentile

11 No! We believe it is through the grace of our Lord Jesus that we are saved, just as they are.” acts 15

paul answer in the full council of christian believer, not in front of the people who left egypt

it was the jewish converts that were moaning about license to sin, you need a law to be condemned , by the law given to mosses

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
What KEEPS you saved?
Disobedience?
Slandering the name of the Holy Spirit?
You come close to blasphemy with your teachings.

Romans 1:5
5through whom we have received grace and apostleship to bring about the obedience of faith among all the Gentiles for His name’s sake,6among whom you also are the called of Jesus Christ;

Why am I able to back up what I say with scripture
and you are not???
The obedience of faith is their consistency to preach faith not law.

You did the twist again. Kind of like you did last summer. Ha!

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
No interpretation to it.

There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. Romans 8:1
Walking according to the Spirit is descriptive of children of God. Those who are habitually dominated by the sinful nature (unbelievers) put their minds on the things of the sinful nature, but those who are habitually dominated by the Spirit (believers) put their minds on the things of the Spirit. Don't ignore verses 8-11. Romans 8:8 - So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God. 9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His. 10 And if Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin, but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. 11 But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.

For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life. Galatians 6:8
The one who is continuously (Greek present tense) sowing to his own corrupt, sinful nature (descriptive of unbelievers) which is opposed to God and unregenerated by the Holy Spirit shall of the flesh reap corruption. Our life here is sowing of one kind or another. But he who sows to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap everlasting life. (descriptive of believers) *Only believers sow to the Spirit and from the Spirit will reap eternal life.

Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God.
Descriptive of unbelievers.

He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son. 2 John 9
Descriptive of believers.

For this you know, that no fornicator, unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God. Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience. Therefore do not be partakers with them.
Ephesians 5:5-7
Descriptive of unbelievers. Ephesians 2:1 - And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, (past tense) 2 in which you once walked (past tense) according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, (unbelievers) 3 among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others. 4 But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, 5 even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), 6 and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, 7 that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. 8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
What KEEPS you saved?
From beginning "have been saved through faith" (Ephesians 2:8) to end "receiving the end of your faith--the salvation of your souls" (1 Peter 1:9) salvation is by grace through faith and is neither "obtained" or "maintained" by works.

Romans 1:5
5through whom we have received grace and apostleship to bring about the obedience of faith among all the Gentiles for His name’s sake,6among whom you also are the called of Jesus Christ;
In regards to Romans 1:5, although Paul can speak of people’s initial response of choosing to believe the gospel as an act of obedience, in which he describes it as "obeying the gospel" (Romans 10:16; 1:16), the purpose of Paul’s apostleship was not merely to bring people to conversion but also to bring about transformed lives that were obedient to God.

*Notice that Paul said they HAVE (already) received grace and apostleship FOR/UNTO obedience to the faith. Just as in Ephesians 2:10, Paul said that we are created in Christ Jesus FOR/UNTO good works. We are clearly saved FOR good works, NOT BY good works (Ephesians 2:8-10). Paul did not say that they did not receive grace and apostleship until they produced obedience afterwards. We have access by faith into grace.. Romans 5:2 not faith "and obedience/works." We are saved through faith in Christ first, then "unto" obedience/works. Don't put the cart before the horse.

Dec 27, 2018
Galatians 5 1) It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.

he says:

The Servant of the Lord

romans 11

Life Through the Spirit

Walking in the Spirit is not slavery and it is not being under the Law. Seeking to glorify God with my spirit and my body which are His is not law keeping. Being dilligent to do the things that Peter admonished us to do in 2 Peter 1 is not making salvation our responsibility

I am already saved. Now I must perfect holiness in the fear of the Lord. Not according to me, but according to scripture

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
@mailmandan

If you want to start a thread on 2 peter 2:20-22 I'd be very happy to discuss it with you.
We've been through it before and what you do is post Greek which does NOT help any.
Yes, we have discussed 2 Peter 2:20-22 before and as long as you continue to disregard the Greek "corruption" - Strongs #5356 and "pollutions" - Strongs #3356 (different Greek word) then we have nothing left to discuss.

Dec 27, 2018
Historyanswers, We have believed and are saved. But God did not call us to float on a lily pad doing nothing the rest of our days. We are called to glorify Him with our body and spirit, which are His.

What exactly in my posts are you replying to? Because nothing you are saying has any relevance to what I have said. Please be specific as to what you are trying to address. I provided scripture for most of what I said.