Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
In Christ do we have enemies?

In a way, but we actually just have prospects on which to exercise His love.
It is strange to think to be persecuted, tortured and punished is actually a blessing.

Carrying our cross daily by some is seen as punishing oneself.
Jesus was talking about, carrying the pain others inflict upon us, and loving back in return.

The story of the church is people seeing those so transformed by His love, they walk into
death singing His praise. It is a wonder, when His Spirit fills someone so deeply, they
are finally going to meet their King. Glory, not just a word, real glory.

Paul said it like this

For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.
If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose? I do not know!
I am torn between the two: I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is better by far;
Phil 1:21-23

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
If we do not demonstrate any works,,we most probably are not saved.
These are the visible effects of the Holy Spirit:
Galatians 5.22.....

If we do not show the above fruit...do we still have the Holy Spirit?
I say no. And Paul would agree or he would not have written the above verse.
Reading this is proof im not even saved and have been self-deceived!

Which one of the fruits do I exhibit?

Just look at the stuff I write on this forum, nothing but slander critique and negativity most of the time! I'll mix it up with some positivity occasionally, but OUT OF THE ABUDANCE OF THE HEART the mouth speaks (or types in this case!)

I got an evil heart thats full of hatred for people I deem faulty someway, WHILE being absolutely messed up myself. HYPOCRITE. Just look what I did previously when followhissteps posted that hillsong praise song. I looked at it, I thought in my mind "wow, these guys are soft and effeminate looking". Then I remembered all the weird stuff they do in Hillsong churches and I had to just type something negative, I COULDNT HELP MYSELF. I just had to insult them. Then after I do that i'll pray the Lord to bless them and tell Him im sorry, ONLY TO DO IT AGAIN like the rotten dog I am!

Lord help me

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019

Just look at the stuff I write on this forum, nothing but slander critique and negativity most of the time! I'll mix it up with some positivity occasionally, but OUT OF THE ABUDANCE OF THE HEART the mouth speaks (or types in this case!)

I got an evil heart thats full of hatred for people I deem faulty someway, WHILE being absolutely messed up myself. HYPOCRITE. Just look what I did previously when followhissteps posted that hillsong praise song. I looked at it, I thought in my mind "wow, these guys are soft and effeminate looking". Then I remembered all the weird stuff they do in Hillsong churches and I had to just type something negative, I COULDNT HELP MYSELF. I just had to insult them. Then after I do that i'll pray the Lord to bless them and tell Him im sorry, ONLY TO DO IT AGAIN like the rotten dog I am!

Lord help me
Dear sister,
Just bring this to Christ, ask for His love and forgiveness.
The first step is to be aware where we are. The next is just to ask Christ to come and heal us.
It is His work. And dear sister He answers our call, because He is the Lord our Saviour
and answers our call.

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019

Lord help me
I suggest you phone a good christian friend or pastor and share you feelings and
what the Lord is doing. You need this contact and support, more than we can provide
through this simple medium. God bless you sister, the Lord is doing a great work
in you, Amen.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
post's wife is caring for Nebula, who is enjoying some sunshine :) with purrs

we thank you for your prayers

View attachment 194979

To update y'all who care - -

post's wife reports that about 3:30 or 4pm the day that Nebula had her stroke, she was sitting out in the grass with her, worried, and Nebula was starting to shiver, and had been very lethargic all day. We both were afraid she would not last the day.
At that time I was getting out of the lab where I work, and looking at the sky on my way out to the lot I saw the sort of clouds and sun that often produce sun dogs and luminescent clouds. I texted my wife an emoji of a rainbow because I wanted to communicate that I was leaving for the day and that she ought to keep an eye on the sky ((we love that sort of thing))

She got the message and looked up immediately and saw a
This arc above the sun like a smile:

MMS_121.jpeg

While she was looking at it, Nebula stood up, stopped shivering, looked up too and started purring. Since that moment she's been as though fully recovered, eating, drinking, social and even walking better than she had been before the stroke!

She still doesn't walk like she's a young healthy cat - 24 yrs old if you remember I mentioned - but wow!

We are thanking and praising God and are so grateful for all of you that prayed even a little bit.

I don't expect her to live forever on earth or anything, she's already 9 yrs past an average cats lifetime. I just want her to go peacefully when it's time, to be happy and to know fully she has always been loved

Thanks again and praise God!!

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
fran tells me I am harsh and mean.

she says you are unloving.

yet, we have ( not) followinghisteps directly saying that members are " old and bitter ."

fran says nothing to that , but attacks you instead.

classic.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
To update y'all who care - -

post's wife reports that about 3:30 or 4pm the day that Nebula had her stroke, she was sitting out in the grass with her, worried, and Nebula was starting to shiver, and had been very lethargic all day. We both were afraid she would not last the day.
At that time I was getting out of the lab where I work, and looking at the sky on my way out to the lot I saw the sort of clouds and sun that often produce sun dogs and luminescent clouds. I texted my wife an emoji of a rainbow because I wanted to communicate that I was leaving for the day and that she ought to keep an eye on the sky ((we love that sort of thing))

She got the message and looked up immediately and saw a
This arc above the sun like a smile:

View attachment 195143

While she was looking at it, Nebula stood up, stopped shivering, looked up too and started purring. Since that moment she's been as though fully recovered, eating, drinking, social and even walking better than she had been before the stroke!

She still doesn't walk like she's a young healthy cat - 24 yrs old if you remember I mentioned - but wow!

We are thanking and praising God and are so grateful for all of you that prayed even a little bit.

I don't expect her to live forever on earth or anything, she's already 9 yrs past an average cats lifetime. I just want her to go peacefully when it's time, to be happy and to know fully she has always been loved

Thanks again and praise God!!
in have cat that had a stroke 5 years ago. ( she was about 7.) took a few weeks, but she pretty much recovered.

thanks to God that your pet recovered.

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
fran tells me I am harsh and mean.
she says you are unloving.
yet, we have ( not) followinghisteps directly saying that members are " old and bitter ."
fran says nothing to that , but attacks you instead.
classic.
Hi gb9,
I wonder. Is Jesus about love, freedom, victory over sin and death?
So people oppose this are not bitter twisted people. And there are none who have come
to the forum. I know the root of bitterness and its signs.
Obviously you feel everyone here is singing in glory :ROFL::love::unsure::eek:o_O:cautious::cry:

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
Stone,,,this does not deserve a reply, but for those reading along....
Do you think I don't know the N.T.?
The question was: AGAIN:
Do you believe God wants us at His feet or does He wish us to imitate His Son?
The other member had turned it into a choice....

It's no use being at God's feet UNLESS we also do what He desires...which is to be like His Son....

And for those that think this is becoming a deity.....some English and Theological study would do them good, some hermeneutics wouldn't hurt either.

There's even an atonement theory that speaks to the this.
I'll post it again....for those who care to know: You really should read it...apparently you haven't and I've posted it 2X before this...

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

#1 The Moral Influence Theory
One of the earliest theories for the atonement is the Moral Influence theory, which simply taught that Jesus Christ came and died in order to bring about a positive change to humanity. This moral change comes through the teachings of Jesus alongside His example and actions.
The most notable name here is that of Augustine from the 4th century, whose influence has almost single-handedly had the greatest impact upon Western Christianity. He affirmed the Moral Influence theory as the main theory of the Atonement (alongside the Ransom theory as well).

Within this theory the death of Christ is understood as a catalyst to reform society, inspiring men and women to follow His example and live good moral lives of love. In this theory the Holy Spirit comes to help Christians produce this moral change. Logically, in this theory the Eschatological development too becomes about morality, where it is taught that after death the human race will be judged by their conduct in life. This in turn creates a strong emphasis on free will as the human response to follow Jesus’ example. Although Augustine himself differs here in that he did not teach free will, but instead that human beings are incapable of change themselves, and require God to radically alter their lives sovereignly through the Holy Spirit.

This theory focuses on not just the death of Jesus Christ, but on His entire life. This sees the saving work of Jesus not only in the event of the crucifixion, but also in all the words He has spoken, and the example He has set. In this theory the cross is merely a ramification of the moral life of Jesus. He is crucified as a martyr due to the radical nature of His moral example. In this way the Moral Influence theory emphasizes Jesus Christ as our teacher, our example, our founder and leader, and ultimately, as a result, our first martyr.
Does God want us to fall at His feet...
or does He want us to become a changed person.
That was the choice.

The above is speaking about worshipping God.
If we worship God,,,,does that mean that we also emulate Him?
Or not?

That's a one-word answer...which I know won't be forthcoming

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
That was the choice.

Or not?

Yes, always. Our worship is because we are His people, His work, the perfect bride to meet
the groom in glory. And our worship comes because He has transformed us.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
That was the choice.

Or not?

You assume a lot from just posting scriptures that you called for.

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
Which part of us has He transformed follow?
Our minds
Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will.
Romans 12:2

Our hearts
He made no distinction between us and them, for he purified their hearts by faith.
Acts 15:9

Now that you have purified yourselves by obeying the truth so that you have sincere love for your brothers, love one another deeply, from the heart.
1 Peter 1:22

I will put my laws in their minds and write them on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people.
Heb 8:10

Our consciences
How much more, then, will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself unblemished to God, cleanse our consciences from acts that lead to death, so that we may serve the living God!
Heb 9:14

And at the end of all things our bodies.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
What do you mean you think TT will be meeting the LORD before any of us ?...
Only God knows when we take our last breath , and yours could be anytime soon like mine...
Are you using TT sickness against him , please tell me I am wrong because otherwise that is a terrible thing to say :cry:...xox...
I agree. A curse. God is still healing His people. Not much like Jesus there was it?

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
Our minds
Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will.
Romans 12:2

Our hearts
He made no distinction between us and them, for he purified their hearts by faith.
Acts 15:9

Now that you have purified yourselves by obeying the truth so that you have sincere love for your brothers, love one another deeply, from the heart.
1 Peter 1:22

I will put my laws in their minds and write them on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people.
Heb 8:10

Our consciences
How much more, then, will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself unblemished to God, cleanse our consciences from acts that lead to death, so that we may serve the living God!
Heb 9:14

And at the end of all things our bodies.
Spirit, soul, body. Which part is transformed?

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
I agree. A curse. God is still healing His people. Not much like Jesus there was it?
Hi Stones,

Do you understand the difference between getting alongside people and the witchcraft idea of cursing
someone?

Are you saying when someone has a fatal illness we cannot talk about it, and when we meet our Lord?
Are you ready to meet our Saviour?

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
Spirit, soul, body. Which part is transformed?
There are the verses I have quoted, that are the authority in Christ.
We are a new creation

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!
2 Cor 5:17

A new creation is something in God that was previously dead.

I will give them an undivided heart and put a new spirit in them; I will remove from them their heart of stone and give them a heart of flesh.
Ezekiel 11:19

A new spirit could mean a new attitude to life, an undivided heart is about 100% commitment to God.

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
Interesting question.
I am not saying this will happen. Do you have no understanding?

When someone is seriously ill and possibly at their last, will you remain silent, because
though this maybe their last, you do not want to share what needs to be shared?

How many fall into hell each day because who are we to say they stand under the judgement of God?

This is our calling, to warn the lost and those in need.

I have lost many who I would have loved to share more with.
But I will speak rather than remain silent because I love them deeply.
Your post clearly stated that you think TT will be taken sooner then anyone of us...I do not lean on my own understanding , I trust in the LORD as He tells me to...You are talking about TT as if he is lost , he is not , he is Gods precious child , and you have no right to say what you said , your words were not comforting , but fearful , can you not see that...Your blow was way below the belt , your post had no love in it towards TT , but maybe bitterness to him because he called you out , and hence your unfruitful remark...