Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 12, 2013
I have a question... I've noticed you've called him by this other user-name a few times... I assume (well, I think I recall) you said that "Seoche" person is no longer a member here (perhaps even "banned"?)... which made me think about the "rules" of this place, and I wondered, because I can't recall reading such a rule, whether or not it is "against the rules" (like it is at other sites I've been on) for any member to sign up under two user-names simultaneously? Does anyone know whether or not there is such a rule, here? Thanks. :)

I'm asking for other reasons (not because I have any plans to do so myself, :D ). Thanks again! :)
If one has been banned they cannot come back under a different name....right now there are at least two here.....Godsgrace101 was one as well......there are two for sure in this thread......!! Sometimes they change IP addresses and get by the mods.....Argueless is one such deceiver

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
If one has been banned they cannot come back under a different name....right now there are at least two here.....Godsgrace101 was one as well......there are two for sure in this thread......!! Sometimes they change IP addresses and get by the mods.....Argueless is one such deceiver
Right. I do recall you saying such ^ (of such a rule). My question is, is there a rule here against someone (any individual) signing up under two [or more] different user-names simultaneously.

[again, it is not my intention to DO this myself, I am asking for different reasons :D , thanks... if you or anyone knows the answer, lol]

TDW: … which made me think about the "rules" of this place, and I wondered, because I can't recall reading such a rule, whether or not it is "against the rules" (like it is at other sites I've been on) for any member to sign up under two user-names simultaneously? Does anyone know whether or not there is such a rule, here? Thanks.

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
So is it ok to lie to the Spirit? Check out what your comrade has to say about not answering a question.
It's bothering how you can abuse other posters to answer with a YES or NO and then refuse to answer an honest question.
I have to laugh at this phrase -
this is what irritates me, and we need more people to stand up and call these people out.

Calling people out means abusing them, using insults, antagonism and confrontation about
something that has to be invented and then changed when the approach does not work.
It reminds me of a lion pacing around for someone to devour.

Jesus calls us to show His example and His words.

4 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!
5 Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near.
6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
Philippians 4:4-6

One thing struck me from a member they suggested
"here to torment and arrogantly argue to promote disarray"

Is bringing Gods word and His joy and freedom tormenting someone and being arrogant?
I suppose if a bad conscience and feeling guilty makes one feel bad when others testify
to their spiritual reality in Christ, if is the fragrance of death

15 For we are to God the aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing.
16 To the one we are the smell of death; to the other, the fragrance of life. And who is equal to such a task?
2 Corinthians 2:15-16

To be accused therefore of tormenting someone by being the fragrance of Christ, means one is truly
following Gods way, Amen, thank you Jesus.

E

eternally-gratefull

Right. I do recall you saying such ^ (of such a rule). My question is, is there a rule here against someone (any individual) signing up under two [or more] different user-names simultaneously.

[again, it is not my intention to DO this myself, I am asking for different reasons :D , thanks... if you or anyone knows the answer, lol]
I am sure it is perfectly fine to sign up under two names

But if you get banned because of yoru actions. Trying to decieve the mods and come back under a new user name would not be proper. Whether their is a rule against two names or not.

It is not a sin to drink, But if I consume enough beverage that I get drunk, Then I have truned a non sinful action into sin.

Dec 12, 2013
this is what irritates me, and we need more people to stand up and call these people out.

Calling people out means abusing them, using insults, antagonism and confrontation about
something that has to be invented and then changed when the approach does not work.

6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

Is bringing Gods word and His joy and freedom tormenting someone and being arrogant?
I suppose if a bad conscience and feeling guilty makes one feel bad when others testify

15 For we are to God the aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing.
16 To the one we are the smell of death; to the other, the fragrance of life. And who is equal to such a task?

To be accused therefore of tormenting someone by being the fragrance of Christ, means one is truly

Ummmmm I do believe you can have only one at a time if I remember right..if you have not been banned you can change user names for a small fee....if I remember right

U

UnderGrace

I find this post very interesting and something that I had not really thought of, but from what you write every time you sin you are out of step with Jesus, I see now why "being sinless" is so important.

I on the other hand, I think to myself, scripture tells me I am a "new creation" when I sin I am out of step with the Truth of what God has declared that I am

This is a very profound difference.

So you can live in victory and walk like Jesus.
Amen, welcome brother.

Do you think a swearing session occured because they thought they
walked like Jesus? I think not, and the reaction confirmed the basic
problem and denial.

And take the continuous statement people are not defining sin correctly.
This is all about denial of the need to repent and walk in the Lords ways.

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
I find this post very interesting and something that I had not really thought of, but from what you write every time you sin you are out of step with Jesus, I see now why "being sinless" is so important.

I on the other hand, I think to myself, scripture tells me I am a "new creation" when I sin I am out of step with the Truth of what God has declared that I am

This is a very profound difference.
This is an interesting view. Sin is not just being out of step with Jesus.
It is breaking the relationship and bringing death into the situation.

Sin is death to us, so even in your way of thinking, destruction is its fruit.
If one holds ones flesh is the root of sin, and your spirit is perfect, one is never out of step.

This is what confuses me about some positions and some conversations, it is like the model
changes depending on the mood or way of thinking. But I know why this happens because scripture
talks about us as whole beings and everything affecting us, not this split existance.

It is like talking about being yoked to Jesus. One day someone denies they are yoked at all, and next
day they are yoked and never doubted to have left. These types of responses tell me Gods word is not reflecting
an inner reality, rather ideas are floating around and reforming like a jigsaw one way one day, and then
another the next day.

We are called to let the word of God dwell in us continually. Why? Because it changes us and it is our
salvation, the reality of Christ living in us, as His word moulds and changes us.
God bless you

U

UnderGrace

Listen Mr. FHS.....the moulding of us is NOT our salvation.

This is a very dangerous doctrine you have here, more akin to Free Masonry than Christianity.

Are you a freemason?

This is an interesting view. Sin is not just being out of step with Jesus.
It is breaking the relationship and bringing death into the situation.

Sin is death to us, so even in your way of thinking, destruction is its fruit.
If one holds ones flesh is the root of sin, and your spirit is perfect, one is never out of step.

This is what confuses me about some positions and some conversations, it is like the model
changes depending on the mood or way of thinking. But I know why this happens because scripture
talks about us as whole beings and everything affecting us, not this split existance.

It is like talking about being yoked to Jesus. One day someone denies they are yoked at all, and next
day they are yoked and never doubted to have left. These types of responses tell me Gods word is not reflecting
an inner reality, rather ideas are floating around and reforming like a jigsaw one way one day, and then
another the next day.

We are called to let the word of God dwell in us continually. Why? Because it changes us and it is our
salvation, the reality of Christ living in us, as His word moulds and changes us.
God bless you

E

eternally-gratefull

Listen Mr. FHS.....the moulding of us is NOT our salvation.

This is a very dangerous doctrine you have here, more akin to Free Masonry than Christianity.

Are you a freemason?
If your talkin to petey, he states he is nazarine. Althoough I know people who go to a nazarine church and they do not say or believe what he does. So who knows.

U

UnderGrace

If your talkin to petey, he states he is nazarine. Althoough I know people who go to a nazarine church and they do not say or believe what he does. So who knows.
Yes I agree, but on a side note...

There are many free masons in the church and have been for a long, long time.

I have spent hours and hours reading obituaries especially in the south where there were Baptists....or whatever also free masons, Shriners etc.,

All the denominations have been infiltrated. The church down the street, Presbyterian, has the Freemason Temple attached to it.

TruthTalk

Jul 17, 2017
I would do many a good thing to understand what being adopted actually meant in the 1st century A.D......and how that applies to us being adopted in and chosen as children in Christ....
Hi decon, I recall reading exodus 21:5 regarding being a bond servant and how this can relate to our adoption's as son's, thought you would agree ear piercing optional of course...:)

Exodus21:5,6
5)
But if the servant declares, ‘I love my master and my wife and children and do not want to go free,’ 6) then his master must take him before the judges. He shall take him to the door or the doorpost and pierce his ear with an awl. Then he will be his servant for life.

Argueless

Oct 21, 2018
Paul’s Charge to Timothy
... But you, man of God, flee from all this, and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance and gentleness. Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called when you made your good confession in the presence of many witnesses. In the sight of God, who gives life to everything, and of Christ Jesus, who while testifying before Pontius Pilate made the good confession, I charge you to keep this command without spot or blame until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ, which God will bring about in his own time—God, the blessed and only Ruler, the King of kings and Lord of lords, who alone is immortal and who lives in unapproachable light, whom no one has seen or can see. To him be honor and might forever. Amen. Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment. Command them to do good, to be rich in good deeds, and to be generous and willing to share. In this way they will lay up treasure for themselves as a firm foundation for the coming age, so that they may take hold of the life that is truly life. Timothy, guard what has been entrusted to your care. Turn away from godless chatter and the opposing ideas of what is falsely called knowledge, which some have professed and in so doing have wandered from the faith. Grace be with you. 1 Timothy 6:11-21

Dec 12, 2013
Hi decon, I recall reading exodus 21:5 regarding being a bond servant and how this can relate to our adoption's as son's, thought you would agree ear piercing optional of course...:)

Exodus21:5,6
5)
But if the servant declares, ‘I love my master and my wife and children and do not want to go free,’ 6) then his master must take him before the judges. He shall take him to the door or the doorpost and pierce his ear with an awl. Then he will be his servant for life.
Amen..that whole concept is brilliant...a slave set free turns back to his master, is marked as a free slave that decides to serve his mater because he can get it no better anywhere in the world....<--the jist

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
Paul's Charge to Timothy ["my own son in the faith"] - context:

[quoting commentary on 1 Timothy6]

"1Timothy 6:11-21
The man of God is to flee these things. If he does not it will rob him of his good conscience, his true piety and contentment. The thing to be coveted for the child of God, who belongs to the house of God, is not money, but righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness. To covet this is to be the daily business of a Christian. While the believer has to turn his back upon the world and its filthy lucre, he is also to fight the good fight of the faith, and to lay hold on eternal life. This life is, as we have seen from the Gospel of John, a personal possession. It does therefore not mean the obtaining of eternal life; that is the gift of God. It must be laid hold on in faith, entered into and enjoyed. Many possess eternal life, but a practical laying hold on all that it implies and that is connected with it, is what they need. Timothy, in this respect, had confessed a good confession before many witnesses. Once more the charge before God, the Creator-God, who preserveth all things, and before Christ Jesus, the great and faithful Witness, to keep all spotless and irreproachable until His appearing."

--Gaebelein, Commentary on 1 Timothy

[end quoting; source: Bible Hub; bold and underline mine]

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
Ummmmm I do believe you can have only one at a time if I remember right..
Okay, thanks.

If anyone believes otherwise to be the case, I'd appreciate knowing. Thanks.

I know the other sites I've been on had that as their "rule" for a reason, but I didn't remember seeing where that rule is stated here on this site, and so I wondered. Thank you again. :)

[again, this is not because I'm doing this, or wanting to, myself :D , but for other reasons. Thanks for your help.]

Argueless

Oct 21, 2018

...I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you. I tell you the truth, no servant is greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than the one who sent him. Now that you know these things, you will be blessed if you do them. John 13:15-17

...“If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you. Remember the words I spoke to you: ‘No servant is greater than his master.’ If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also. If they obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours also. They will treat you this way because of my name, for they do not know the One who sent me. If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not be guilty of sin. Now, however, they have no excuse for their sin. He who hates me hates my Father as well. If I had not done among them what no one else did, they would not be guilty of sin. But now they have seen these miracles, and yet they have hated both me and my Father. But this is to fulfill what is written in their Law: ‘They hated me without reason.’ John 15:18-25

"TO GOD BE THE GLORY."

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
What do you mean faith is something never seen?
I said faith IN something never seen. Abraham took Gods word as fact before the fact became manifest in real time. It was counted as righteousness. Quite the opposite of science based religion. God said so. That was enough proof for Abraham. Remember I went to public school 10 out of 12 of my first school years and teaching creation was illegal.

We were taught if it can't be seen, measured and repeated it probably isn't real. Faith was mocked and considered delusional, wishful or magical thinking.

Schizotypal Personality Disorder.

2. Odd beliefs or magical thinking inconsistent with subcultural norms (e.g. superstitous, belief in clairvoyance, telepathy, or a sixth sense.)

7. Behavior or appearance that is odd, eccentric or peculiar.

Agnosticism is the rule and atheism is preferred by law over faith in schools now. Our children are at odds against the government for the simple right to pray. It's worse now than before. We believe in the comming of the Lord. Science is the false god of this age and we may have to fight to prevent the government from taking our children in the near future.

Some states even require gay is OK training in elementary schools. But bibles and prayer are outlawed. Have you heard of an after school bible study in an empty school room lately?

I realize this is way more than you asked about but it all ties in. Abraham believed in the comming of the Lord before Jesus was born as most Christians believe he will return. We are the minority.