Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Argueless

Oct 21, 2018
Lying put of one side of your mouth and then pronouncing blessing out the other side of your mouth equals a dual souled man that is unstable in all his ways.......states alot about your so called salvation SEOCHE!!
...My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man’s anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires. Therefore, get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you. Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like a man who looks at his face in a mirror and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like. But the man who looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues to do this, not forgetting what he has heard, but doing it—he will be blessed in what he does. If anyone considers himself religious and yet does not keep a tight rein on his tongue, he deceives himself and his religion is worthless. Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world. James 1:19-27 Listening and Doing

...And do this, understanding the present time. The hour has come for you to wake up from your slumber, because our salvation is nearer now than when we first believed. The night is nearly over; the day is almost here. So let us put aside the deeds of darkness and put on the armor of light. Let us behave decently, as in the daytime, not in orgies and drunkenness, not in sexual immorality and debauchery, not in dissension and jealousy. Rather, clothe yourselves with the Lord Jesus Christ, and do not think about how to gratify the desires of the sinful nature. Romans 13:11-14

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
the Hebrew word for sin means " miss the mark ".
the greek word for sin means " miss the mark "
you keep purposely missing the mark by your own delusions of grandeur.
5 But be very careful to keep the commandment and the law that Moses the servant of the LORD gave you: to love the LORD your God, to walk in all his ways, to obey his commands, to hold fast to him and to serve him with all your heart and all your soul."
Joshua 22:5

24 "Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock.
Matt 7:24

Some talk about missing the mark, God talks about keeping the commandment and puting the words
into practice.

Missing the mark is about legalism, saying attempting something is measurable, and unless it works
to this point it has no value. These are words of those who wish to discourage and to condemn and
undernmine Gods calling to try, learn and change.

The Lord said we would fail. It is why we have confess your sins, and in the temple many different sacrifices
to get right with Him over different issues. It is unbelievers whose desire is to create the illusion of never
finding God and His ways, and learning to walk them.

How many things are you able to do first time? Nothing. It takes practice, patience and diligence, so it is
with eternal realities and building God word in our hearts and following after Him.

A young ox is yoked to an experienced ox so the older teaches the younger what they must do together.
And in learning it is about battling through and one day one wakes up and the lessons have been learnt
and one has arrived. Praise the Lord this is His way and His love and His life.

Dec 12, 2013
DC, you are digressing -(are you saying that, 'we're SAVED, therefore we are DONE? -
accept who you are and what you have done and hopefully this will determine the choices
that you make NOW -
Jesus teaches us that He forgives and forgets, and we should do the same, as we
hopefully, prayerfully continue to grow and 'step-up His Godly ladder'...

we Love you very much and pray that we may learn from one-another in our
Love/Walk for our Precious Saviour...
:):)
I never said that at all......how many times have I said in the time I have been on this site that....

a. We are to grow and mature
b. Be transformed by the process described in Romans 12
c. Serve faithfully
d. Bear fruit

etc.......This thread is about biblical salvation...not ongoing sanctification and MOTIVE is everything when it comes to reward (misthos-->pay or wages) and what does forgive and forget have to do with anything we have discussed......? I will not sit idly by as a few peddle that which does not save, that which devalues Christ, his promises and his work on our behalf and or those that peddle anything contrary to truths that are self evident.....nor those that falsely accuse and attribute things not said and or embellished words or ideals that i habe never peddle.....

So who should I forgive and why?

Budman

Mar 9, 2014
Argueless said; And if everyone was saved the very moment they believed, can you show me scriptures that say that believers do not need to wait for Jesus to come a second time to bring salvation to those who are waiting for Him, to be sanctified, purified, perfected, resurrected, glorified etc..
So, you're saying you're not saved yet?

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
oh, I agree. I am just pointing out to FollowingHisSteps that we need to properly define what sin is before we start saying that " we walk just as He walked ".
This makes obvious your lack of listening to God.
He clearly defines what is not obeying Him and His commands upon which humans are judged.

15 He who walks righteously and speaks what is right, who rejects gain from extortion and keeps his hand from accepting bribes, who stops his ears against plots of murder and shuts his eyes against contemplating evil-
16 this is the man who will dwell on the heights, whose refuge will be the mountain fortress. His bread will be supplied, and water will not fail him.
Isaiah 33:15-16

9 "'Will you steal and murder, commit adultery and perjury, burn incense to Baal and follow other gods you have not known,
10 and then come and stand before me in this house, which bears my Name, and say, "We are safe"-safe to do all these detestable things?
11 Has this house, which bears my Name, become a den of robbers to you? But I have been watching! declares the LORD.
Jeremiah 7:9-11

It is clear above the sins people are being complained of doing are obvious, clear and the root
to resolution through repentance and doing right things equally obvious.

It is legalists who wish to invent their man made rules and failure so that in sin they dwell
forever, not realising they set their own fate in the eyes of the Lord.

Budman

Mar 9, 2014
This makes obvious your lack of listening to God.
He clearly defines what is not obeying Him and His commands upon which humans are judged.

15 He who walks righteously and speaks what is right, who rejects gain from extortion and keeps his hand from accepting bribes, who stops his ears against plots of murder and shuts his eyes against contemplating evil-
16 this is the man who will dwell on the heights, whose refuge will be the mountain fortress. His bread will be supplied, and water will not fail him.
Isaiah 33:15-16

9 "'Will you steal and murder, commit adultery and perjury, burn incense to Baal and follow other gods you have not known,
10 and then come and stand before me in this house, which bears my Name, and say, "We are safe"-safe to do all these detestable things?
11 Has this house, which bears my Name, become a den of robbers to you? But I have been watching! declares the LORD.
Jeremiah 7:9-11

It is clear above the sins people are being complained of doing are obvious, clear and the root
to resolution through repentance and doing right things equally obvious.

It is legalists who wish to invent their man made rules and failure so that in sin they dwell
forever, not realising they set their own fate in the eyes of the Lord.

I see you changed gb9's quote. He wrote;
oh, I agree. I am just pointing out to followingpeterjensteps that we need to properly define what sin is before we start saying that " we walk just as He walked ".
And you changed it to;
oh, I agree. I am just pointing out to FollowingHisSteps that we need to properly define what sin is before we start saying that " we walk just as He walked ".
You hate the fact you keep getting called out on your deception, dontcha PETER? :LOL:

Melach

Mar 28, 2019
=============================================
'missing the mark' is only a small part of the definition of 'sin', according to the scriptures -
there are at least (9) other words describing the 'DEGREES of sin'...
what are these words describing sins' degrees friend? can you share it with me. i would be blessed by it

Lord lead us into all truth help us solve this issue

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017

And you changed it to;

You hate the fact you keep getting called out on your deception, dontcha PETER? :LOL:
WOW...That is truly deceitful right there...Why would he do that...And to be honest , if someone kept addressing me by a name that did not belong to me , it would rightfully annoy me , I would have to keep correcting that person to stop calling me someone who I am not known by whom they are calling...
I asked this man if he was Perer , and he replied" I do not know who you are talking about this peter " then so many have come out asking the same thing , but we can not prove it ...

Sin is like a rolling stone , it gathers more moss , he denies he is Peter , are we wrongly accusing...xox...

Budman

Mar 9, 2014
WOW...That is truly deceitful right there...Why would he do that...And to be honest , if someone kept addressing me by a name that did not belong to me , it would rightfully annoy me , I would have to keep correcting that person to stop calling me someone who I am not known by whom they are calling...
I asked this man if he was Perer , and he replied" I do not know who you are talking about this peter " then so many have come out asking the same thing , but we can not prove it ...

Sin is like a rolling stone , it gathers more moss , he denies he is Peter , are we wrongly accusing...xox...
He knows we know he's the former PeterJens who got banned and snuck back in here under a new name. The short explanation is, he's simply not honest enough to admit it.

Budman

Mar 9, 2014
I see our "loving" Catholic is back under a new name and handing out the angry faces. :ROFL:

Fran, is that you? :sneaky:

Argueless

Oct 21, 2018
So, you're saying you're not saved yet?
Jesus died for the forgiveness of my sins and therefore have been JUSTIFIED and set free from the power of darkness and into His wonderful light. I will not receive God's grace in vain and will therefore abide in Him and in His love, in His body of which He is the savior, i will bring glory to God by being an instrument of His righteousness because we are the righteousness of God.

We are not working to save our own selves but we should work as fellow workers of God who are included in Christ or placed in His body to do good works which includes the works of the Gospel of our salvation for the benefit of those who are going to be saved through FAITH and OBEDIENCE to God the Father and in His only begotten Son Jesus Christ our Lord.

It is God's work to save and if we are in Him, we will be His instruments of righteousness and fellow workers in His work of salvation until Jesus comes back to save those who are in His body, the church of God..

... “My food,” said Jesus, “is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work. Do you not say, ‘Four months more and then the harvest’? I tell you, open your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest. Even now the reaper draws his wages, even now he harvests the crop for eternal life, so that the sower and the reaper may be glad together. Thus the saying ‘One sows and another reaps’ is true. I sent you to reap what you have not worked for. Others have done the hard work, and you have reaped the benefits of their labor.” John 4:34-38

Budman

Mar 9, 2014
Jesus died for the forgiveness of my sins and therefore have been JUSTIFIED and set free from the power of darkness and into His wonderful light. I will not receive God's grace in vain and will therefore abide in Him and in His love, in His body of which He is the savior, i will bring glory to God by being an instrument of His righteousness because we are the righteousness of God.
You didn't answer the question. All you did was brag yourself up.

Again: Are you now saved?

Yes or no will do.

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
You are almost correct, however SALVATION happened before the beginning of time.

2 Timothy 1:9 (HCSB)
9 He has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace, which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began.

After we have received SALVATION the Holy Spirit in us poured GOD's LOVE in our Hearts (human spirit).

That Love in our Hearts is Like SEED, that sprouts, producing the same kind of Fruit as the original SEED.

The NEW BORN AGAIN HUMAN SPIRIT begins to grow as you feed on the WORD. THEN and only then, will it PRODUCE FRUIT.

Therefore it is NOT PART OF OUR SALVATION, but however it is PART OF OUR LOVE THAT GOD POURED INTO OUR HEARTS (HUMAN SPIRIT) THE MOMENT WE RECEIVED SALVATION and the FAITH that comes with it, Rom. 5:5.

You want to see if I am really SAVED, then you look for the LOVE, because ONLY TRUE CHRISTIANS will LOVE GOD, Christ, and fellow true believers, after we are SAVED.

Troll Hunting:

Dec 12, 2013
The trolls are rank and file deep hey.....when a troll gets banned....everything they have done should be removed from this site........!!

Dec 12, 2013

And you changed it to;

Changing quotes also breaks the rules.....oh well....when one breaks the rules every time he posts....nothing new hey!!

Dec 12, 2013
He knows we know he's the former PeterJens who got banned and snuck back in here under a new name. The short explanation is, he's simply not honest enough to admit it.
Amen....very hard to hide mannerisms, particular verbiage always used and or ideology......!!