Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
12 All have turned away, they have together become worthless; there is no one who does good, not even one."
13 "Their throats are open graves; their tongues practice deceit.The poison of vipers is on their lips."
Romans 3

8 Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded.
9 Grieve, mourn and wail. Change your laughter to mourning and your joy to gloom.
10 Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.
James 4

4 And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands. As you have heard from the beginning, his command is that you walk in love.
1 John 1

24 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature with its passions and desires.
25 Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit.
Gal 5

2 Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will.
Rom 12

49 And just as we have borne the likeness of the earthly man, so shall we bear the likeness of the man from heaven.
1 Cor 15

18 And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit
2 Cor 3

15 For he says to Moses, "I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion."
rom 9

20 But who are you, O man, to talk back to God? "Shall what is formed say to him who formed it, 'Why did you make me like this?'"
21 Does not the potter have the right to make out of the same lump of clay some pottery for noble purposes and some for common use?
Rom 9

star

Nov 8, 2017
North Carolina
I hear you , but unfortunately , unless I know they are preaching another Gospel , I tend to sometimes fall for their niceness , but the ones who just come and not debate , I put on ignore , that much I have learned ...xox...
lol, I've fallen several times, probably will again, but earnestly trying not to.

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
i am sorry for preaching a false gospel of starting in Spirit ending in human effort i read that verse galatians 3:3 it breaked my heart. like a zion stone. why i didnt see that verse before or i did but just skipped through it i dont know

i hope God and people forgive me
Don't beat yourself up about it, that's our job:cool:
Joking aside don't be too hard on yourself.
We have all done it.
There are many verses that I have read that didn't sink in then bam, God opens my heart to receive the truth.

One thing God sure loves and will honour is a heart that seeks after him.
That's what he wants of us.
A heart that seeks he can change.

God bless you. I am sure he will.

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
yes. difference is sins of believers are atoned for
I would say that the sins of all have been atoned for.
However the forgiveness and propriation are given when someone places their faith in Jesus and makes him Lord of their lives.

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
We have come to share in Christ if we hold firmly till the end the confidence we had at first. Heb 3:14

We need to stay in Christ till the end. Only then does this prove we know God.

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
But Christ is faithful as a son over God's house. And we are his house,
if we hold on to our courage and the hope of which we boast.
Heb 3:6

We need to stay in Christ and hold our courage

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God?
1 Cor 6:9

Not abandoning doing wicked things, we are not going to inherit the Kingdom.

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
19 You will say then, "Branches were broken off so that I could be grafted in."
20 Granted. But they were broken off because of unbelief, and you stand by faith. Do not be arrogant, but be afraid.
21 For if God did not spare the natural branches, he will not spare you either.
Rom 11:18-21

Standing in Christ guarantees us eternal life, but walking in unbelief will make
us broken off.

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
You who are trying to be justified by law have been alienated from Christ;
you have fallen away from grace.
Gal 5:4

If we fall from faith, falling from grace, we are lost.

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
22 But now he has reconciled you by Christ's physical body through death to present you holy in his sight, without blemish and free from accusation--
23 if you continue in your faith, established and firm, not moved from the hope held out in the gospel.
Col 1

We are reconciled to Christ through His death and our faith, if we continue in this faith

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
Anyone who runs ahead and does not continue in the teaching of Christ does not have God;
whoever continues in the teaching has both the Father and the Son.
2 john 1:9

We need to not add to the gospel but stay in Christ and His teaching or God
no longer dwells in us.

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
Therefore, my brothers, be all the more eager to make your calling and
election sure. For if you do these things, you will never fall.
2 Peter 1:10

We can make our election sure by our behaviour and growth in God,
Amen. Peter is showing us, yes we can have assurance, by dwelling
in the things of God and not abandoning them, God bless you, Amen

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
Anyone who runs ahead and does not continue in the teaching of Christ does not have God;
whoever continues in the teaching has both the Father and the Son.
2 john 1:9

We need to not add to the gospel but stay in Christ and His teaching or God
no longer dwells in us.
we also need to properly define the words that Scripture is composed of.

when you deny world definitions, you are effectively taking away from Scripture, and we are told not to do that at the end of Revelations.

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
we also need to properly define the words that Scripture is composed of.
when you deny world definitions, you are effectively taking away from Scripture, and we are told not to do that at the end of Revelations.
"you deny world definitions"

World definitions? Is this worldly definitions? And what is this in regard to,
because you are stating a general statement with no detail.

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
I would say that the sins of all have been atoned for.
However the forgiveness and propriation are given when someone places their faith in Jesus and makes him Lord of their lives.

AND the ONLY SIN that ANYONE Who ends up in Hell, will be rejecting what the Holy Spirit is trying to get you to believe about CHRIST.

Mark 3:28-29 (HCSB)
28 I assure you: People will be forgiven for all sins and whatever blasphemies they may blaspheme.
29 But whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is guilty of an eternal sin”—

Luke 12:8-10 (HCSB)
8 “And I say to you, anyone who acknowledges Me before men, the Son of Man will also acknowledge him before the angels of God,
9 but whoever denies Me before men will be denied before the angels of God.
10 Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but the one who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven.

That is why I believe the American Indian Tribes that Worshiped the singular Deity, who created everything, are saved because of that basic FAITH, even if they have never heard of the name of JESUS.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
"you deny world definitions"

World definitions? Is this worldly definitions? And what is this in regard to,
because you are stating a general statement with no detail.

^ word definitions, my mistake.

I am stating that you do NOT recognize the Biblical definition of sin.