Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
U

UnderGrace

AMEN......SIN is not the issue......and even being faithless after salvation is not the issue....BOTH are covered by Christ and a plethora of scripture............I will say it again ---> ALL that peddle a losable salvation or a salvation maintained by MAN are not LED of GOD

But why???

This is what I cannot wrap my head around ....who wants to be unsure?

How can anyone serve God freely unless we know that we are not earning or able to loose our salvation?

I will admit I tire of this same ol'nonsense

The question itself is an insult to Christ Jesus:(

U

UnderGrace

That only works if u live in south Detroit tho...:D
There is no south Detroit....
South of Detroit is Windsor, Canada....I know cause I grew there

We always laughed at Steve Perry and his poor geography...but I guess "north" did sound as good..LOL

longtrekker

Sep 23, 2014

We always laughed at Steve Perry and his poor geography...but I guess "north" did sound as good..LOL
Haha - i heard something about that too... I think 'South Detroit' will put u in the middle of Lake St. Claire ! :eek:

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
But why???

How can anyone serve God freely unless we know that we are not earning or able to loose our salvation?

Life's experiences UG.

Baggage of our past is carried over.
The past haunts us and plagues us.

A child who was constantly told, your school report was bad, you must do better.
A child who was never told by their parents they are loved, never hearing from mom or dad "I love you"

Nobody wants to be unsure but the fact is many are.

Dec 27, 2018
Yes we are kept by the power of God through faith?
But who is doing the keeping?
Is it us or is it God?
After making a genuine confession of faith we have the Holy Spirit in us.
Is the Holy Spirit given to genuine believers at confession?
If so is not he who sustains and keeps us?

Jesus said that he would not lose anyone the Father has given him.
Therefore he knows that the Father will keep them and not lose them.
If he knows them, then surely he will keep them even when they stumble?
These lines are exactly what the doctrine of the "perserverance of the saints" teach.

We don't need antinomianism, because we have the edifying doctrine that you stated in the lines above, and that is enoughj

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
At the end of the day.

Does Jesus save us or do we save ourselves?

Dec 12, 2013
Amen, if one believes and is saved, there is no reversal. Salvation is eternal existence with God forever. From the moment we truly accept His free gift. The circumstances of our lives may change drastically, but the true nature of God does not. He promises to never leave nor forsake us, based on His finished work, not on our future accomplishments or failures. It is ALL about Him.
AMEN migo.....100% agree.....

Dec 12, 2013
But why???

Agree, but I will keep on swinging for the sake of those on the fence and or the newbies.....the salvation losers and maintainers will find out one day when they make the many group that their efforts fell way short....

Dec 12, 2013

If one takes a city.....any city on the map.....does it have a north, south, east and west part? ;) HAH

U

UnderGrace

These lines are exactly what the doctrine of the "perserverance of the saints" teach.

We don't need antinomianism, because we have the edifying doctrine that you stated in the lines above, and that is enoughj
Well I disagree on this doctrine of perseverance.......

The saints’ persevering in a way of holiness unto glory is … the fruit of electing love. Jonathan Edwards

It is not our perseverance that saves us.

Dec 27, 2018
That saves me from asking what you believe OSAS means to you.
Not looked at it yet.
Have you addressed this in your OP?
No, but the OSAS people there strongly disagree with "a Christian can sin as much as they want."

I believe we are kept by the power of God through faith. That even when we fall, God picks us up again.

I do not believe in "a Christian can sin as much as they want"

and I do not believe in Christianity where the life of the Believer is unaffected by the New Nature, which is what it means when you say "the New man is sinless while the flesh sins as much as it wants. That smacks of Gnostic antinomianism

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
AMEN.......it is ALL JESUS or is is Satanic......!!
It's both.

It's all Jesus but satan will tell us otherwise.
That's why we need to stand in the promises of God and not the lies of satan.
He is a liar but Jesus is the truth.

Dec 27, 2018
Well I disagree on this doctrine of perseverance.......

The saints’ persevering in a way of holiness unto glory is … the fruit of electing love. Jonathan Edwards

It is not our perseverance that saves us.
You disagree that believers are kept by God?

Dec 27, 2018
@Macabeus

Does OSAS mean that we can sin all we want and even stop believing in Jesus and still be saved? Because I ran into some who support and or defend this view

God took all my sins..... past, present and future upon His Son

Our salvation is based on a singular belief event that places us in Christ....What God's Son did for me was sufficient to absolve me of my sin debt once I believed forever and eternally

End of story!

Your question really is a poor attempt of putting salvation in human hands ....this whole "still be saved" what is that??

We are placed in Christ and Christ is placed in us by His Holy Spirit when we are regenerated

This question is like asking why does.......... zero minus three = ten

Why do people always try to argue this, so nonsensical, illogical and sad :rolleyes:
Romans 6:15- What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.
16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

Romans 8:12- Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

U

UnderGrace

Romans 6:15- What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.
16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

Romans 8:12- Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
So what's your point?