Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
U

UnderGrace

They have true hope

your offering fear and judgment, not hope.

you can have it
Yes, they create an alternate reality where God keeps His children guessing whether they have measured up or not.

I find it frustrating because the people never really want to deal with the logical conclusion of their false doctrine.

Melach

Mar 28, 2019
Answer the question!

You cannot can you?

Therefore we can safely conclude the scripture teaches no such doctrine...... our works or behaviour do not save >>>>>>>period.
@limmuwd please answer how much obedience saves? does it have to be perfect? what if you sin what then?

Dec 12, 2013
Don’t tell me what my object of faith is, ever, because you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Jesus Christ is the object of my faith. First, last, forever.
Amazing how many devalue Christ, his power, promises, works on our behalf and simple faith!

Dec 12, 2013
the gospel (good news) is that nobody will make it to the kingdom.

i think thats what many times works salvation does in long run. it gets people first to an excited mindset where they look at bible say you cant do this that or that. then they try to do it and do it for some time but then they notice things are still wrong in this and that. this causes them to panic try even harder. if they still fail many will just leave it altogether and say who cares i will go full into the world i cant be saved anyway.
I know all well my personal failures, sins, weaknesses.....and I will say.....ALL GLORY TO JESUS THE CHRIST.....HE ALONE is worthy of glory.....I always ask to be made one of the greatest examples of mercy in his kingdom....and I am thean that beats on his chest seeking mercy, I am the Roman who is unworthy of Jesus under his roof, I am the man that said Lord, help thou my unbelief.....yea....WE ARE ALL these people and unworthy of the least of the mercies of Christ......!!!

Dec 12, 2013
Answer the question @limmuwd

Do you have any credibility, then support your doctrine.

How much good behaviour saves?
How many works of righteousness save?
You will not get an answer from a lemonade stand........another full of himself worker for.....hos theme song........

Lookie lookie what I have done
Worked and Worked on and on
To save myself, my soul to keep
Jesus Jesus was just to weak!!!!

U

UnderGrace

You will not get an answer from a lemonade stand........another full of himself worker for.....hos theme song........

Lookie lookie what I have done
Worked and Worked on and on
To save myself, my soul to keep
Jesus Jesus was just to weak!!!!
Love it!!
Pretty much sums it up I'd say!

limmuwd

Oct 12, 2019
Kingdom of God
to-him-who-overcomes.com
Answer the question!

You cannot can you?

Therefore we can safely conclude the scripture teaches no such doctrine...... our works or behaviour do not save >>>>>>>period.
As Jesus often did, I will answer a foolish question with a question of my own...

Can a person who is "saved" yet does not repent and walk worthy inherit the Kingdom?

limmuwd

Oct 12, 2019
Kingdom of God
to-him-who-overcomes.com
And you still don’t see the error of your ways. Very interesting.
Not at all. Jesus told us this would happen. That those who teach the Truth would be mocked and persecuted.

I count myself in good company with the Prophets, Apostles, and Jesus, Himself. :)

U

UnderGrace

As Jesus often did, I will answer a foolish question with a question of my own...

Can a person who is "saved" yet does not repent and walk worthy inherit the Kingdom?
Just answer the question ... how much good works or good behaviour saves?

E

eternally-gratefull

Yes, they create an alternate reality where God keeps His children guessing whether they have measured up or not.

I find it frustrating because the people never really want to deal with the logical conclusion of their false doctrine.
Its called pride, and also i think fear

Dec 12, 2013
I am always amazed at the many....the plenteous in number that gets cast.....they called Jesus Lord twice......fully expected to enter the kindgom and 100% believed that the right to enter was not only based upon the LORD, BUT ALSO their MANY WONDERFUL WORKS IN THE NAME OF JESUS <---ALMOST ALL so called CHRISTIAN religions believe this in some form or fashion....JESUS said the NUMBER WAS MANY and this is exactly why......!! Add anything that you do to faith for salvation, or to keep maintain salvation = the many!!