Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 12, 2013
For the geniuses that say things are different for the Jews and Gentiles....

Since indeed God is the One who will justify the circumcision by faith and the uncircumcision through the same faith.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
Done building his church....HAHAHAHHA MORE Protestant dogma....
All things in Christ is the Church, His body. This occurs at the rapture.

Ephesians 1:10 That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:

Nov 16, 2019
Yes, but that is because I also follow the principle of rightly dividing the word.

You will have a hard time convincing people here about that, but all the best ;)
Paul himself debunked the argument that existed even then that somehow he was preaching something different and contrary to the hope of Israel promised them through Abraham.

...I admit that I worship the God of our ancestors as a follower of the Way, which they call a sect. I believe everything that is in accordance with the Law and that is written in the Prophets, 15and I have the same hope in God as these men themselves have, that there will be a resurrection of both the righteous and the wicked. - Acts 24:14-15

6And now it is because of my hope in what God has promised our ancestors that I am on trial today. 7This is the promise our twelve tribes are hoping to see fulfilled as they earnestly serve God day and night. King Agrippa, it is because of this hope that these Jews are accusing me. 8Why should any of you consider it incredible that God raises the dead? - Acts 26:6-8

I was not disobedient to the vision from heaven. 20First to those in Damascus, then to those in Jerusalem and in all Judea, and then to the Gentiles, I preached that they should repent and turn to God and demonstrate their repentance by their deeds. 21That is why some Jews seized me in the temple courts and tried to kill me. 22But God has helped me to this very day; so I stand here and testify to small and great alike. I am saying nothing beyond what the prophets and Moses said would happen— 23that the Messiah would suffer and, as the first to rise from the dead, would bring the message of light to his own people and to the Gentiles.” - Acts 26:19-23

Dec 12, 2013

Ephesians 1:10 That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:
To Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all the generations of the age of the ages.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
For the geniuses that say things are different for the Jews and Gentiles....

Since indeed God is the One who will justify the circumcision by faith and the uncircumcision through the same faith.
Good night brother. I enjoy our conversations. At the end of the day, we both love the Lord, know we are in Christ, and are eternally secure in Christ. We simply have different views on rightly dividing the Jews and the Church.

Dec 12, 2013
Good night brother. I enjoy our conversations. At the end of the day, we both love the Lord, know we are in Christ, and are eternally secure in Christ. We simply have different views on rightly dividing the Jews and the Church.
Yep.......the difference being....I believe the bible......and I agree with the bolded regardless of my opposition and stance against what you are trying to push as truth

Dec 12, 2013
To Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all the generations of the age of the ages.
The above verse always comes to mind when I hear someone say the church age will end..........my bible states of the age of the ages and or translated world without end in the King Jimmy

One can glean since this world we live on ENDS and GOD creates a NEW WORLD and the above says world without END....I can deduce that the church age will CONTINUE for ALL eternity

Melach

Mar 28, 2019

back to pre-trib rapture

question: wouldnt the left behind people who become saved be part of the church anyway? or body of Christ whatever they are called, they are saved.

why would God go backwards. we are one in Christ until forever. that separation isnt returning get that to your head

Ephesians 2:14-16,19 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;
And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:

Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

Jan 12, 2019
Paul himself debunked the argument that existed even then that somehow he was preaching something different and contrary to the hope of Israel promised them through Abraham.

...I admit that I worship the God of our ancestors as a follower of the Way, which they call a sect. I believe everything that is in accordance with the Law and that is written in the Prophets, 15and I have the same hope in God as these men themselves have, that there will be a resurrection of both the righteous and the wicked. - Acts 24:14-15

6And now it is because of my hope in what God has promised our ancestors that I am on trial today. 7This is the promise our twelve tribes are hoping to see fulfilled as they earnestly serve God day and night. King Agrippa, it is because of this hope that these Jews are accusing me. 8Why should any of you consider it incredible that God raises the dead? - Acts 26:6-8

I was not disobedient to the vision from heaven. 20First to those in Damascus, then to those in Jerusalem and in all Judea, and then to the Gentiles, I preached that they should repent and turn to God and demonstrate their repentance by their deeds. 21That is why some Jews seized me in the temple courts and tried to kill me. 22But God has helped me to this very day; so I stand here and testify to small and great alike. I am saying nothing beyond what the prophets and Moses said would happen— 23that the Messiah would suffer and, as the first to rise from the dead, would bring the message of light to his own people and to the Gentiles.” - Acts 26:19-23
There is simple explanation, Paul loved Israel and wanted his brethren to be saved.

He is aware that he cannot be preaching to them that they are dead to the law, so he went back to the gospel of the kingdom

Melach

Mar 28, 2019
The above verse always comes to mind when I hear someone say the church age will end..........my bible states of the age of the ages and or translated world without end in the King Jimmy

One can glean since this world we live on ENDS and GOD creates a NEW WORLD and the above says world without END....I can deduce that the church age will CONTINUE for ALL eternity
usually the whole talk of church age ending is to try to fit the fake rapture idea.

they cant have jews and gentiles as separate again in the future by getting rid of the verse u posted.

Jan 12, 2019
back to pre-trib rapture

question: wouldnt the left behind people who become saved be part of the church anyway? or body of Christ whatever they are called, they are saved.

why would God go backwards. we are one in Christ until forever. that separation isnt returning get that to your head

Ephesians 2:14-16,19 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;
And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:

Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
Those who are left behind need to believe in the gospel of the kingdom once again, which required faith AND works, which Is the doctrine contained in Hebrews to revelation

Nov 16, 2019
My salvation does not depend on my works, it solely depends on Jesus Christ.
Yes, me too.

But back to what we were talking about.

The point is, the faith that justifies is the faith that changes a person's works/fruit. Even Paul said that...

The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love. - Galatians 5:6

But so many people believe that they were justified by a faith that doesn't express itself through love, and doesn't have to, in fact, never has to for them to be saved. But John explains that if you are not changed that way then you aren't really justified in Christ.

Dec 12, 2013
usually the whole talk of church age ending is to try to fit the fake rapture idea.

they cant have jews and gentiles as separate again in the future by getting rid of the verse u posted.
Oh I agree.......see how one false ideology breeds another false ideology etc. and before LONG the whole bible is skewed in order to hold a doctrine that is false to begin with.....see it all the time on here, in false religions and false teachers.......lies begat lies..........it is a very slippery slope....

longtrekker

Sep 23, 2014
Truths the salvation losers and self maintained salvation gurus reject and or ignore....

Jesus hung on the cross, took the sins of the whole world upon his shoulders and he that knew no sin became a SIN offering in our stead.

JESUS said....IT IS FINISHED <----the words used to translate this come from terminology that is a LEGAL ACCOUNTING phrase and = PAID IN FULL.

THE ONLY sin NOT covered is to blaspheme the HOLY SPIRIT which in context boils down to UNBELIEF into the work of CHRIST as being from GOD. It is to APPLY the work of CHRIST to the POWER of the devil which is a permanent state of UNBELIEF into JESUS.....

A person that WILL NOT BELIEVE that CHRIST is from GOD and WHO HE SAYS HE IS will remain LOST in SIN......JESUS told the PHARISEES that WHERE HE IS GOING they cannot come because they had rejected HIM and will DIE IN THEIR SINS

MY bible is clear....for a believer....GRACE out bounds SIN because SIN has BEEN paid for IN FULL and dealt with at the CROSS.....THE blood of CHRIST, and Christ mediating for SIN is PREEMPTIVE for a genuine believer.

PAUL, as WE ARE, was accused of a live as you please and sin as you like LIE because he rightfully stated clearly that SIN NO LONGER has any power over a BELIEVER and BECAUSE GRACE COVERS any and ALL SIN in a believer. THIS is not to say we can live as we please as they like to falsely accuse of US, but rather....INSTEAD OF being CAST AWAY AS LOST, we are FORGIVEN, CHASTENED and RESTORED......

I for one am SICK of the people on this site that devalue JESUS, HIS BLOOD and HIS SACRIFICE by saying clearly that it is NOT GOOD ENOUGH......GOD was clear...

WHEN I SEE the BLOOD I WILL PASS OVER YOU!

I love how u summarize this Dcon and get to the essence of it all - the simplicity of the gospel !
I can never hear it enough.

Dec 12, 2013
Right I am thankful to hear your correct interpretation
You do understand the following right.....

the New Testament is progressive.....MUCH of what they peddled in ACTS is corrected by the church letters after PAUL had been taught by direct revelation.....JAMES is corrected by PAUL....and the book of JAMES is easily understood and NOT contradictory to PAUL in Romans.......

JESUS said HE had many things to teach and say, but they were NOT YET READY......TIME, REVELATION, A LINE HERE and LINE THERE and the WORDS of PAUL which are the words of JESUS.......

JUST LIKE PETER who stated clearly that PAUL's words were HARD and difficult and those unlearned TWIST them and SKEW THEM to their own judgement....and this problem permeates most views......

there is NOT two gospels....one for the Gentiles and one for the JEWS.....BOTH are under the same banner....NO ONE is justified by faith and law or faith and works before GOD.......both JEWS and Gentiles are justified before GOD by faith......end of story....

The JUST shall live by FAITH

Dec 12, 2013

I love how u summarize this Dcon and get to the essence of it all - the simplicity of the gospel !
I can never hear it enough.

The simplicity found in Christ.......MOST embellish it, conflate it, twist it, skew it and make it into something that it is not.....

The bible is clear....FAITH is what God looks for.......

Believe that HE IS and BELIEVE that he will reward if you seek and serve.........

FAITH alone saves eternally

and

WORKS are rewarded both good and bad

End of story