Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

miknik5

Jun 2, 2016
In the end, the works that one will do, will be something quite different from what is thought of as ẅorks" here.
You might want to review Revelation regarding those whose ẅorks" proceeded them...

As well, keep in mind Zechariah 4:6

CherieR

May 6, 2017
In the end, the works that one will do, will be something quite different from what is thought of as ẅorks" here.
You might want to review Revelation regarding those whose ẅorks" proceeded them...

As well, keep in mind Zechariah 4:6
What do you mean by in the end the works one will do will be quite different from what is thought of as works here?

miknik5

Jun 2, 2016
What do you mean by in the end the works one will do will be quite different from what is thought of as works here?
Just what Revelation says...and works of love, even during a time of such unrest that brother WILL betray brother...itś why these types of ẅorks" proceeded those who ¨did not love their lives even to the death, but HELD....to THE TESTIMONY of JESUS...

They behaved/acted/manifested as HE would have...and made manifest that they truly did know of whose SPIRIT they were of....

Not by power, or by might sayeth the LORD....but by MY SPIRIT...

The problem is that many will go out to avenge what is not in their right to avenge, many will take matters into their own hands...and in this, they manifest that they went out in their own spirit...and not HIS...

BE STILL and KNOW HE IS GOD...

Faith is very easy to exhibit in times of peace and plenty....it´s when the storms come, that true faith directed in and on JESUS CHRIST and HIM ALONE, trusting in HIM in all things, will be made manifest.

miknik5

Jun 2, 2016
Our WORK, our TRUE WORK, is to......REMAIN IN HIM...and not to go out from THAT CITY OF REFUGE

Nov 16, 2019
Whoever stated on CC we have a license to sin? Name names otherwise stop the accusations.
Everyone who has said you are still saved no matter what you believe or do after you are saved, that's who.
As soon as I name names they will, of course, vehemently deny believing that.
That's how it always plays out.

E

EleventhHour

Everyone who has said you are still saved no matter what you believe or do after you are saved, that's who.
Can you tell me which sin is has not been atoned for by the cross?
Do you believe you travel a higher ground by law keeping?

Apr 2, 2020
That's why we should hold fast to the faith God has graciously given to us in order for us to trust in Him.
It seems to me there are two things going on here. You recognize the faith comes from God, but do you believe Him? Once someone's accepted the gospel they've been judged and though they will have works come and need to develop in His image over time this will occur simply by following Him. The struggle of faith tends to be believing exactly that, at least for me. The faith is believing God when He says "I call you by name, you are mine" and not letting the shame of our disobedience disuade us from that. Some will hear the truth of God's salvation and abuse it to their own destruction, but those who believe won't because they've laid it at the cross. They've died to sin.

Apr 3, 2019
Where did all the workers go? No coffee and lunch breaks for you lot, just can't find decent workers nowadays Frown.gif

Nov 16, 2019
Can you tell me which sin is has not been atoned for by the cross?
Willful, unrepentant unbelief.

Do you believe you travel a higher ground by law keeping?
Law keeping?
What are you talking about?

But as far as obedience goes, Jesus does speak of the 4th type of soil, the soil of the obedient, noble heart where the word perseveres and brings it to fruition.
That is definitely a different, 'higher' ground than the three types before it, if that's what you want to call it.
And it's only the 4th type of soil believer that can even begin to assert any kind of confidence that they will not go back to unbelief.
For that is the soil Jesus identifies as the soil in which the word perseveres in fruitfulness.
Most of us Christians spend the bulk of our Christian experience in the 3rd type of soil.
Simple observation proves this beyond a shadow of a doubt.
Very few people grow up to the 4th type of soil, which is also referred to as the narrow path of life that very few find.

Apr 2, 2020
Willful, unrepentant unbelief.

Law keeping?
What are you talking about?

But as far as obedience goes, Jesus does speak of the 4th type of soil, the soil of the obedient, noble heart where the word perseveres and brings it to fruition.
That is definitely a different, 'higher' ground than the three types before it, if that's what you want to call it.
And it's only the 4th type of soil believer that can even begin to assert any kind of confidence that they will not go back to unbelief.
For that is the soil Jesus identifies as the soil in which the word perseveres in fruitfulness.
Most of us Christians spend the bulk of our Christian experience in the 3rd type of soil.
Simple observation proves this beyond a shadow of a doubt.
Very few people grow up to the 4th type of soil, which is also referred to as the narrow path of life that very few find.
Your words make me think of Ecclesiastes 6:2.
God gives some people wealth, possessions and honor, so that they lack nothing their hearts desire, but God does not grant them the ability to enjoy them, and strangers enjoy them instead.

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
As I sit here reading and posting on CC, I’m watching a woodpecker bang his head into the tree outside my window.

That woodpecker reminds me of CC members trying to teach people that grace cannot be earned and salvation cannot be maintained through works.
Yours is a felonious accusatory statement that’s worthy of having you banned. Added to that you openly state that you yourself maintain your salvation which goes against the very essence of God’s grace and divinity. You’re not even worth talking to anymore.

Nov 16, 2019
That woodpecker reminds me of CC members trying to teach people that grace cannot be earned and salvation cannot be maintained through works.
There are very few people in the church that think works earn salvation.
I mean on this side of the great divide between Catholics and Protestants.

Yours is a felonious accusatory statement that’s worthy of having you banned.
Uh, no it's not.
Especially since my accusation is true.
Stop playing internet cop.

Added to that you openly state that you yourself maintain your salvation which goes against the very essence of God’s grace and divinity.
You stay in the grace of God that you received when you first believed by continuing in that very same believing.
Don't you believe this?
Of do you believe that you can stop believing and you are still in God's grace?

E

EleventhHour

Actually, isn't it referred to as "the doctrine of OSAS"? Teaching is a synonym for Doctrine.
So, when we accept Christ, from that moment on, we're locked in. OK, let's ask John what he thinks:
"Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father." - 1 John 2:24​
Cast aside that which previously remained in you from the beginning and it's a one way ticket to the Resurrection of the Damned.
There is no Spiritual Switzerland.
You're either a branch connected to the vine, or you're in the fire.
You're either a sheep of His fold, or the wolf will eat you.
You're either a lost Prodigal or a found son...a dead Prodigal or a live son.
You're either with Him or against Him.

OSAS wants desperately to find in the Bible a mythological third category of faith (like the one Charles Stanley preaches called the "carnal Christian") where we can be out of "fellowship" with God without danger of Satan filling the vacuum. We all know what happens when the devil finds a swept and garnished but empty house, right?
The only "works" I preach is "faith which worketh by love" - Galatians 5:6

For you and those who preach the dead faith of OSAS, I say eternal life can only be obtained by practicing living faith in Jesus - "faith which worketh by love".
If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.
John 15:6

Men cannot cast anyone into the fires of hell.

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
There are very few people in the church that think works earn salvation.
I mean on this side of the great divide between Catholics and Protestants.

Uh, no it's not.
Especially since my accusation is true.
Stop playing internet cop.

You stay in the grace of God that you received when you first believed by continuing in that very same believing.
Don't you believe this?
Of do you believe that you can stop believing and you are still in God's grace?
You totally sidestepped my issue with you. You accuse OSAS believers of advocating we have a license to sin.

Aug 3, 2019
Have you ever considered that God knew what you were going to do before you did it?
Amen, he declares "the end from the beginning". But consider that the reason we confess our sins to God is not so that He knows we've done wrong, but to humbly show that we know that we've done wrong. Since you don't know what sins you may commit in 2021, you can't confess them until then.
Those who are His, deal with "the flesh" and yea, like Apostle Paul and any other in Christ, we don't do what we want we do what we hate. I have seen strong brethren in word and in deed, believers, producing GOOD FRUIT, give in to the flesh on occasion. No need to explain what they did because "you break one you break them all". They repented of their error, to God.
There's a reason the Catholic church loves to depict Martin Luther as a drunkard. More than once, the enemy wore down Luther in his fight against the devil's agents of his Vatican headquarters, and Luther found himself seeking consolation in a bottle of booze. But I defy any man to argue that Luther was not a spiritual giant among giants, and in a class all his own when compared to the leadership of today's Laodiceans. The difference is that Luther was "a just man" who fell seven times and rose up again. There's always grace for that man, but never for any saint who ceases to walk with the Son and the Father because he failed to let remain that which he had heard from the beginning. (1 John 2:24 KJV) God bless you too.

Aug 3, 2019
If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.
John 15:6

Men cannot cast anyone into the fires of hell.
Er....Jesus said those who do not abide in Him are "like" "like" a dead branch men cast into the fire. Just as formerly alive but now dead branches are cast by men into the fire --- so formerly alive saints who are now dead spiritually are going to be cast into Fire Lake in the end.

Nov 16, 2019
You accuse OSAS believers of advocating we have a license to sin.
Only the new osas believers make grace a license to sin.
The old osas did not believe grace was a license to sin.
Quite the opposite in fact.
@preacher4truth posted some of the big names in the new osas movement.
It really does exist.
But we knew that already by the fact it gets defended in this thread.