Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 12, 2013
You are avoiding my post.

Admit you have no answer and your position is Not TRUTH!!
He so reminds me of all of the other jokers without truth that have come and gone.....Ralph, Seaperch, Miss Priss, Peter, etc... too many devaluers of Jesus to count...
You're grasping and gasping.
What is it about no longer being alive that you do not understand?
You're an idiot.....what part of ETERNAL AND OR EVERLASTING life do you not understand!

Dec 12, 2013
Not so.

The Blood never loses power...

Men cannot trump Gods will...
Not sure why you do not get this....
Simple....one must actually be born again to spiritually discern truth.....his false gospel has no power to save......the conclusion is obvious!

Dec 12, 2013
Sounds great.
And I wish it was true.
But the Bible clearly says sanctified believers who trample on the body of Christ, and profane the blood of Christ, and insult the Spirit of grace end up with the same fate as the enemies of God.
That doesn't sound like a child of God always being a child of God.
You should know......you do the above daily!! To bad your false gospel has no power to save a flea.....much less a man!

Apr 3, 2019
Without obedience unto God's will (His commandments taught in the Holy Bible) faith is dead. That's what this whole battle is all about. Righteousness vs sin. Obedience vs disobedience. For everything contrary to God's will (disobedience) is sin.
I thought your battle was with the "corrupt" versions of the bible versus King Jim's.

Dec 12, 2013
Martha and Mary come to mind...both were loved...one chose to sit at HIS feet and rest there....the other worked and worked and worked.,...the only issue with Marthaś work was her attitude...

She should have just done her work, stopped looking at her sister (brother) and LOVED that what she was doing was in service to her LORD...

That was her only problem...she was careworn and her service was half-hearted...one eye on her LORD...the other on her sister(brother)

Do what you want to do for the LORD and stop looking at your sister/brother and deeming them as either lazy, or doing work with the wrong motive...
ONE chose that which was GOOD....LET us not forget that part!!

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
Read my post #135,323.
He so reminds me of all of the other jokers without truth that have come and gone.....Ralph, Seaperch, Miss Priss, Peter, etc... too many devaluers of Jesus to count...

You're an idiot.....what part of ETERNAL AND OR EVERLASTING life do you not understand!
I’m going to say EVERLASTING. Just a hunch.

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
I can tell by a person's character and lifestyle if I can consider them a genuine believer.
Who cares what you consider? God knows full well who belongs to Him, and someone like you who “holds on” to their salvation demonstrates they’re lacking in discernment regarding others.

Nov 16, 2019
This two meanings of justification is made up to justify, lol, your theology. You have to or else it’s false.
No, I didn't make up another meaning for 'justify'.
From Vine's:

Vine's Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words
101 Verb Strong's Number: g1344 Greek: dikaioo

Justification, Justifier, Justify:

primarily, "to deem to be right," signifies, in the NT,
(a) "to show to be right or righteous;" in the Passive Voice, to be justified, Mat 11:19; Luk 7:35; Rom 3:4; 1Ti 3:16;

(b) "to declare to be righteous, to pronounce righteous,"

https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=G1344&t=KJV

Here are two Biblical examples of justified meaning 'to show to be right or righteous':

"...wisdom is justified of her children." - Matthew 11:19

"29 But he, willing to justify himself, said unto Jesus, And who is my neighbour?” - Luke 10:29

We know that James is using this definition of 'justified' in James 2:24 because if he was using the other definition of justified he'd be saying works make you righteous, which we all know is not Biblical at all:

"24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only." - James 2:24

The verse is only Biblically accurate if justified means 'to show one to be righteous'. Works justify you in that they show you to be righteous, not make you to be righteous, just as wisdom is shown to be right(eous) by what it bears, and how the Lawyer was trying to show himself to be righteous by what he said, not make himself righteous by what he said (that doesn't even make sense).

Feb 29, 2020
Every bit of that post is a FALSE OPINION of what OSAS TEACHES
I did not say that OSAS teachers teach those things.

I said that the doctrine is capable of producing those type of believers.

And I have witnessed those type of believers in the church myself; I speak from experience, not assumption.

You probably walk in OSAS in an upright manner; others do not and their battle with sin is harder because of OSAS.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
No, I didn't make up another meaning for 'justify'.
From Vine's:

Vine's Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words
101 Verb Strong's Number: g1344 Greek: dikaioo

Justification, Justifier, Justify:

primarily, "to deem to be right," signifies, in the NT,
(a) "to show to be right or righteous;" in the Passive Voice, to be justified, Mat 11:19; Luk 7:35; Rom 3:4; 1Ti 3:16;

(b) "to declare to be righteous, to pronounce righteous,"

https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=G1344&t=KJV

Here are two Biblical examples of justified meaning 'to show to be right or righteous':

"...wisdom is justified of her children." - Matthew 11:19

"29 But he, willing to justify himself, said unto Jesus, And who is my neighbour?” - Luke 10:29

We know that James is using this definition of 'justified' in James 2:24 because if he was using the other definition of justified he'd be saying works make you righteous, which we all know is not Biblical at all:

"24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only." - James 2:24

The verse is only Biblically accurate if justified means 'to show one to be righteous'. Works justify you in that they show you to be righteous, not make you to be righteous, just as wisdom is shown to be right(eous) by what it bears, and how the Lawyer was trying to show himself to be righteous by what he said, not make himself righteous by what he said (that doesn't even make sense).
Or you understand the intended audience, the twelve tribes scattered abroad.

Who are we to justify ourselves to? Lost men? Other believers? No one was upon that mount to see Abraham but God. His work of obedience justified him before the Lord.

Genesis 22: 12 And he said, Lay not thine hand upon the lad, neither do thou any thing unto him: for now I know that thou fearest God, seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only son from me.

Nov 16, 2019
Who cares what you consider? God knows full well who belongs to Him...
Jesus cares who I consider a brother or not, that's who:

"17If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church. And if he refuses to listen even to the church, regard him as you would a pagan or a tax collector." - Matthew 18:17

So does Paul:

"11But now I am writing you not to associate with anyone who claims to be a brother but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or a verbal abuser, a drunkard or a swindler. With such a man do not even eat.

12What business of mine is it to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside (the church)?" - 1 Corinthians 5:11-12

Feb 29, 2020
Yours and my works are as filthy rags.
This passage applies to unbelievers, not to believers who have had their sins taken away. What you quoted is from Isaiah 64:6. If you read further to the next verse (7) you understand that the righteousnesses of those that do not call on His name are as filthy rags. You need to grow in the scriptures my friend. This is an elementary fact.

Look at what the scripture says to the true believers:

Romans 6:13 KJVS
[13] Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.

Do you think Paul is encouraging us to yield our members as instruments of righteousness to produce filthy rags?

He who has ears to hear, let him hear!

John146

Jan 13, 2016
Jesus cares who I consider a brother or not, that's who:

"17If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church. And if he refuses to listen even to the church, regard him as you would a pagan or a tax collector." - Matthew 18:17

So does Paul:

"11But now I am writing you not to associate with anyone who claims to be a brother but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or a verbal abuser, a drunkard or a swindler. With such a man do not even eat.

12What business of mine is it to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside (the church)?" - 1 Corinthians 5:11-12
You see, we are not to judge whether or not this one is a brother, rather if they are called a brother, have nothing to do with him. He may be a brother caught up in a sinful lifestyle.

11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolator, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.

Jan 12, 2019
The passage doesn't say everyone will be healed that you pray for.
That wasn't even true of Jesus.

If you're in a church that has never prayed for someone and they've been healed you're in the wrong church!
They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

I trust you can read?

I am not even asking you about the taking up serpents part.

Nov 16, 2019
Or you understand the intended audience, the twelve tribes scattered abroad.
You said I made up a second meaning of 'justified'.
I showed you I did not.

Who are we to justify ourselves to? Lost men? Other believers?
Well, as I've shown in post #135,354 above it comes in handy for determining if you get to stay in the church or whether we should turn you over to satan and have nothing to do with you. Claiming to be a brother don't cut it. How you act, that's what shows if you're a true believer or not:

"11But now I am writing you not to associate with anyone who claims to be a brother but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or a verbal abuser, a drunkard or a swindler. With such a man do not even eat." - 1 Corinthians 5:11

We are commanded to show 'faith alone' people (as James means that) the door.

As far as your 'twelve tribes' doctrine, we know James is not talking about being made righteous by works because it's impossible to be justified by works. How many works does it take to be justified by works? You know the answer (at least you should). ALL OF THEM:

"10For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all." - James 2:10

No one can be justified by works because no one can do all right things all the time. Justification (being made righteous) has NEVER been by works and NEVER will be. It's impossible for anybody, Jew or gentile, to do, now, in the past, or in the future.

E

EleventhHour

This passage applies to unbelievers, not to believers who have had their sins taken away. What you quoted is from Isaiah 64:6. If you read further to the next verse (7) you understand that the righteousnesses of those that do not call on His name are as filthy rags. You need to grow in the scriptures my friend. This is an elementary fact.

Look at what the scripture says to the true believers:

Romans 6:13 KJVS
[13] Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.

Do you think Paul is encouraging us to yield our members as instruments of righteousness to produce filthy rags?

He who has ears to hear, let him hear!
This does not negate the fact that "works" do not save us or keep up saved.
God is never in our debt.

To make salvation a wage earned puts God in our debt, this is contrary to scripture

Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.
Romans 4:4