One taken,one left. The rapture.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Aug 2, 2021
PLEASE show me WHERE you see this written.

And you do understand that our Deliverance and Transformation into His Likeness occurs at His Second Coming = Heb 9:28 & 1 John ch2 -ch3
???

Help me out to better understand your thoughts = Pease elaborate on your question as Heb 9:28 & 1 John ch2-ch3 are self evident.

Dec 15, 2021
Since Heb 9:27 says it is appointed for men to die once and then the judgment. Since neither Enoch nor Elijah died physically, they would be the most logical as the 2W. But it will become clear when they appear.

They die in Jerusalem.
I agree ALOT with that, but then we have the mount of transfiguration that gives me pause as to put names to them because even though Moses wrote that Moses died, there remains the problem of 'no bones'.....

When I think of Enoch I think Noah's time prophesy of 'angels from heaven' SEEN/living on earth

When I think of Elijah I think miracles.

When I think of Moses I think Gods Law.

So who and who do you think would be the most helpful to the last generation so that no man take thy crown and others come to repentance?

Revelation 3:10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.
11 Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.

Dec 15, 2021
???

Help me out to better understand your thoughts = Pease elaborate on your question as Heb 9:28 & 1 John ch2-ch3 are self evident.
This is actually way 'off topic' here, so I shouldn't have asked in the first place, I apologize.

Dec 15, 2021
I find it interesting the penalty for reframing the book of revelation is ignored by postribs, because look at all of you coming undone, by the CLEAR FACT ,that the 144k are in heaven DURING THE TRIB..

SEE ANY 'RE FRAMING' GOING ON?

Revelation 6:7 And when he had opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth beast say, Come and see.

8 And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:

10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?

11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;

13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.

14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.

15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;

16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:

17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

1 And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree.

2 And I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God: and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea,

3 Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.

4 And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.

Revelation 13:13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,

14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

I'LL BET THAT MAN IS 'ON THE EARTH' AND NOT IN HEAVEN

1 And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.

2 And I heard a voice FROM HEAVEN, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps:

3 And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders:

and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.

4 These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.

JESUS IS ON EARTH TO RULE WITH A ROD OF IRON ON EARTH, ALL HIS ENEMIES MADE HIS FOOTSTOOL

oyster67

May 24, 2014
Mat 24
41 Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.

43 But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.

44 Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.
Luke 17
29 But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.

30 Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.

31 In that day, he which shall be upon the housetop, and his stuff in the house, let him not come down to take it away: and he that is in the field, let him likewise not return back.

32 Remember Lot's wife.

33 Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it; and whosoever shall lose his life shall preserve it.

34 I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left.

35 Two women shall be grinding together; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

36 Two men shall be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left

Pretrib rapture.
Absolutely. (y)

Jul 23, 2018
144k = keep reading, praying and studying the Word as the 144k is symbolic of..................................discover Truth

This is what you need to fear and honor = "I testify to everyone who hears the words of prophecy in this book: If anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book. And if anyone takes away from the words of this book of prophecy, God will take away his share in the tree of life and the holy city, which are described in this book."
IOW ANOTHER DODGE
Show me how you are correct.
Show me the 144k are not in heaven.

My post was solid.
Your reply is generalizations we all see.

Can you show us, or is it more dodging?

Should be easy since you Believe it.

Jul 23, 2018
SEE ANY 'RE FRAMING' GOING ON?

Revelation 6:7 And when he had opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth beast say, Come and see.

8 And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:

10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?

11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;

13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.

14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.

15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;

16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:

17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

1 And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree.

2 And I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God: and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea,

3 Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.

4 And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.

Revelation 13:13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,

14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

I'LL BET THAT MAN IS 'ON THE EARTH' AND NOT IN HEAVEN

1 And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.

2 And I heard a voice FROM HEAVEN, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps:

3 And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders:

and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.

4 These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.

JESUS IS ON EARTH TO RULE WITH A ROD OF IRON ON EARTH, ALL HIS ENEMIES MADE HIS FOOTSTOOL
YOU cant stop reframing .
I get it

We see vividly;
The 144k in heaven in rev 14
The main harvest if Jews follows in verse 14

THEN ARMAGEDDOM in the last verses of rev 14.

You can not discern that?
Pssssssst that means the 144k are harvested as well as the main harvest DURING THE GT
AHEM...before armageddon.

Aug 2, 2021
IOW ANOTHER DODGE
Show me how you are correct.
Show me the 144k are not in heaven.

My post was solid.
Your reply is generalizations we all see.

Can you show us, or is it more dodging?

Should be easy since you Believe it.
Post #170 You said: "They know none of the pretrib rapture verses and when brought forward, they mock it, all the while not having A SINGLE VERSE depicting any such postrib rapture "

LORD Jesus says:
A.) Immediately after the tribulation of those days:
‘The sun will be darkened,
and the moon will not give its light;
the stars will fall from the sky,
and the powers of the heavens will be shaken.’

B.) At that time the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and all the tribes of the earth will mourn.
They will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven, with power and great glory.

C.) And He will send out His angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather His elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.
Matt ch24

Knowing your ABC's is the Straight Path to Truth

Pre-trib never came out of the mouth of God.

Jan 31, 2021
I agree ALOT with that, but then we have the mount of transfiguration that gives me pause as to put names to them because even though Moses wrote that Moses died, there remains the problem of 'no bones'.....
It will be interesting who the 2W will be!! :)

[QUOE]When I think of Enoch I think Noah's time prophesy of 'angels from heaven' SEEN/living on earth

When I think of Elijah I think miracles.

When I think of Moses I think Gods Law.

So who and who do you think would be the most helpful to the last generation so that no man take thy crown and others come to repentance? [/QUOTE]
Henry Morris' The Revelation Record commentary has an excellent explanation of why Enoch and Elijah would be the best "fit". Enoch ministered to a pre-Jewish world (Gentiles) and of course Elijah ministered to the Jews.

Revelation 3:10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.
11 Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.
V.11 sure goes with v.10. In v.10 Jesus promises to keep the faithful ones from the hour of temptation, and in v.11 He warns of having their "crowns taken". Crowns are eternal rewards, earned by faithfulness/obedience.

Jan 31, 2021
FreeGrace2 said:
changed in the twinkling of an eye
The discussion is about the resurrection of all believers. Those who are still alive when the Lord comes back will be "caught up together" with the saints from heaven and the change refers to receiving a glorified and imperishable body.

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
They started that error with the "Jewish Wedding" and John 14:1-4

Truth indeed = Christ described His Life around the Wedding of His Bride, but they 'intentionally' misunderstand John 14:1 and when and where it has already been fulfilled.
I personally am not all caught up in the "Jewish Wedding [ceremony]"... I think a lot of passages are often misapplied, in those kinds of discussions; However I do see Scripture speaking of "Bride / Wife [singular]"... the "10 Virgins [or 5; plural]" who are not the "Bride / Wife [singular]"... and "the guests [plural]" who are also not the "Bride / Wife [singular]"... I see it speaking of "the Marriage" and of "the wedding FEAST / SUPPER" which is distinct from "the Marriage" itself; and I see it speaking of, "... I betrothed you to one Husband, that I may present [G3936] you as A CHASTE VIRGIN [singular] to Christ," etc... etc...

So, in view of the things Scripture does say on such a Subject, one of the related passages states, "...and so [or, in this manner] shall [future tense] we ever be with [G4862 - UNIONed-with] the Lord" (referring to a specific, future point-in-time / event, at the point in time when we corporately [all at the same time] will be "caught up / SNATCHED / raptured [IN THE AIR]"... not speaking to a "past" issue)

Aug 2, 2021
I personally am not all caught up in the "Jewish Wedding [ceremony]"... I think a lot of passages are often misapplied, in those kinds of discussions; However I do see Scripture speaking of "Bride / Wife [singular]"... the "10 Virgins [or 5; plural]" who are not the "Bride / Wife [singular]"... and "the guests [plural]" who are also not the "Bride / Wife [singular]"... I see it speaking of "the Marriage" and of "the wedding FEAST / SUPPER" which is distinct from "the Marriage" itself; and I see it speaking of, "... I betrothed you to one Husband, that I may present [G3936] you as A CHASTE VIRGIN [singular] to Christ," etc... etc...

So, in view of the things Scripture does say on such a Subject, one of the related passages states, "...and so [or, in this manner] shall [future tense] we ever be with [G4862 - UNIONed-with] the Lord" (referring to a specific, future point-in-time / event, at the point in time when we corporately [all at the same time] will be "caught up / SNATCHED / raptured [IN THE AIR]"... not speaking to a "past" issue)
I fully embrace the fact that: "HE who has the Bride is the BrideGroom" John 3:29

I fully embrace the fact that: "So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate.”

There are Two Two's = Do you know Them?

Which become the Final Two, Who become One Flesh.

Before They do, She must say I Do and receive the Certification of the Eternal Bliss to Come.

Diakonos

Jan 19, 2019
Anacortes, WA
Rapture. I think it's way overblown by its proponents.
I understand what you mean by how some people blow it out of proportion.
As for you, personally, where do you stand on the issue of the rapture (it's verity/timing/etc)?

Diakonos

Jan 19, 2019
Anacortes, WA
The discussion is about the resurrection of all believers
I understand what the discussion is about.
You mentioned how we know from Scripture that believers "will be gathered up to meet the Lord in the air, along with all the saints already dead, and be changed".
But I was seeking your explanation of what "we will be changed" means. What will we be changed into?

Mar 2, 2022
USA
Rapture ........NO

His protection .......YES
The ark 4 Noah,the Angel 4 Lot.

Why do ppl believe this?

Nowhere in scripture has he ever zapped a nation or multitudes of ppl out of existence

Enoch & Elijah yes. But no one else,even though we do see Moses at the transfiguration. He died,however!

So at mount of transfiguration we see one translated bc he walked with God and God took him. The other @ the mount died yet @ some point after Michael wrestled with the devil for his body we see Moses, resurrected!