OSAS= House Built on Sand

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

LW97

Apr 10, 2018
According to 1 John 5:4, a true Christian loses his salvation when the worm dies and the fire is quenched.

E

eternally-gratefull

According to 1 John 5:4, a true Christian loses his salvation when the worm dies and the fire is quenched.
1 John 5: 4 For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith. 5 Who is he who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God.

1 John 5: 4 says whoever is born of god will overcome, it supports eternal salvation. Not that it can be lost.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
More misapplication and misapprehension of Scripture. That is not even remotely what this verse says.

R

Ralph-

1 John 5: 4 For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith. 5 Who is he who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God.

1 John 5: 4 says whoever is born of god will overcome, it supports eternal salvation. Not that it can be lost.
There's that pesky little condition again--faith.

You can't have the promises of God if you stop believing.

R

Ralph-

More misapplication and misapprehension of Scripture. That is not even remotely what this verse says.
When does the worm die and the fire quenched?

Get what he's saying now?

preston39

Dec 18, 2017

e...,

Not scriptural.
..."god will over come". Spiritual Death by sin is meant here.
The Bible says we...."must maintain until the end" (death).

LW97

Apr 10, 2018

Amen, that's what I said. See Mark 9:44, 46 and 48. As well as Isaiah 66:21

Mar 23, 2016
My pastor explained our condition perfectly well, he said we are all murderers and adulterers in God's sight. Just because we don't act out the actual deed, it doesn't mean we are not.
Did your pastor give you the Scripture which indicates "we all are murderers and adulterers"?

I agree that in our flesh dwelleth no good thing (Rom 7:18), and that all have sinned and come short of the glory of God (Rom 3:23). Why doesn't your pastor just stick to what is written in Scripture?

Slayer said:
The problem is we use our fallen sinful standard to judge ourselves, but we should see ourselves the way God see's us.
I showed you from Scripture that what you first described in your Post #2,358 concerning the woman you glanced at was not sin.

You then changed your story and it appears that you did more than just glance at her. You gazed at her until you lusted for her in your heart.

Since you don't believe me concerning what is written in James 1:12-15, why don't you have your pastor explain it to you so that you understand that just because we are tempted it does not mean we sin? Lust has to conceive in order for the temptation to become sin. And have your pastor go through 1 Peter 5:6-11 also so that you understand that while we are going through temptation in this life, God is working in us to perfect, establish, strengthen, settle us so that we are able to resist the devil and remain steadfast in the faith.

Slayer said:
God see's the seeds of murder and adultery in all of our hearts, all those seeds need it the right conditions and they will germinate.
According to you, the "seeds" had already "germinated" and you lusted in your heart for the woman when you committed adultery with her.

Slayer said:
I know you and 95% of professing Christians deny the bible doctrine of total depravity of mankind, as such you will always make excuses for sin and add your conditions to what constitutes sin. we should seek to understand sin in it's true context as God see's it.
Seems to me you're the one who is making excuses for your sin of adultery:

1 Corinthians 6:

9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Of course, you're going to claim that you will inherit the kingdom of God because you're "elect", even though Scripture tells us that adulterers shall not inherit the kingdom of God. :sneaky:

Slayer

Jul 23, 2018
There's that pesky little condition again--faith.

You can't have the promises of God if you stop believing.
Why do some have faith and others don't, and can a true believer stop believing. If salvation is left in the hands of a fallen sinner, he will stop believing at some point, but if it's up to God then he will continue to believe.

Slayer

Jul 23, 2018
Did your pastor give you the Scripture which indicates "we all are murderers and adulterers"?

I agree that in our flesh dwelleth no good thing (Rom 7:18), and that all have sinned and come short of the glory of God (Rom 3:23). Why doesn't your pastor just stick to what is written in Scripture?

I showed you from Scripture that what you first described in your Post #2,358 concerning the woman you glanced at was not sin.

You then changed your story and it appears that you did more than just glance at her. You gazed at her until you lusted for her in your heart.

Since you don't believe me concerning what is written in James 1:12-15, why don't you have your pastor explain it to you so that you understand that just because we are tempted it does not mean we sin? Lust has to conceive in order for the temptation to become sin. And have your pastor go through 1 Peter 5:6-11 also so that you understand that while we are going through temptation in this life, God is working in us to perfect, establish, strengthen, settle us so that we are able to resist the devil and remain steadfast in the faith.

According to you, the "seeds" had already "germinated" and you lusted in your heart for the woman when you committed adultery with her.

Seems to me you're the one who is making excuses for your sin of adultery:

1 Corinthians 6:

9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Of course, you're going to claim that you will inherit the kingdom of God because you're "elect", even though Scripture tells us that adulterers shall not inherit the kingdom of God. :sneaky:
My bible tells me otherwise, it tells me that murderers and adulterers will inherit the Kingdom of God. In fact murderers and adulterers are God's favorite people, they are after Gods own heart as David was.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
When does the worm die and the fire quenched?
Never. That applies to the unrighteous in the Lake of Fire (Gehenna) NOT to the saints!.
That phrase speaks of eternal torment (the gnawing of worms) and eternal fire (never quenched).

Mar 23, 2016
My bible tells me otherwise, it tells me that murderers and adulterers will inherit the Kingdom of God. In fact murderers and adulterers are God's favorite people, they are after Gods own heart as David was.
Of course you believe your bible tells you that. That is how you excuse your sin.

It appears you're the one who "will always make excuses for sin and add your conditions to what constitutes sin". No need for you to "seek to understand sin in it's true context as God see's it".

as such you will always make excuses for sin and add your conditions to what constitutes sin. we should seek to understand sin in it's true context as God see's it.

preston39

Dec 18, 2017

s...,

For the moment I will consider your comment as a dangling participle while awaiting clarification;....You are saying those who have repented...correct...and otherwise righteous..?

Slayer

Jul 23, 2018
Of course you believe your bible tells you that. That is how you excuse your sin.

It appears you're the one who "will always make excuses for sin and add your conditions to what constitutes sin". No need for you to "seek to understand sin in it's true context as God see's it".
I'm only quoting the Bible word for word and you have a problem with that, it speaks volumes about yourself and leaves many serious questions about your belief and faith or lack there off.

Slayer

Jul 23, 2018
s...,

For the moment I will consider your comment as a dangling participle while awaiting clarification;....You are saying those who have repented...correct...and otherwise righteous..?
I was explaining the human condition to the other gentleman, who falsely believes that totally depraved sinners are good. I was reminding him that our best works are as filthy rags, in Gods sight.

Those in the Arminian camp desperately hold on to the false belief that their goodness and intelligence will save them. I was reminding him that we are born dead in our sins and trespasses and that our intelligence doesn't guarantee that we will accept the free offer of eternal paradise and swap our sentence of eternal torment in hell.

I was trying to explain that an intelligent person would never swap eternal torment in hell fire for eternal paradise, I mean what a silly trade that would be right!. The gentleman was trying to convince me that, only the smartest will crack the code and see that it's a good deal. While all of those humble, simple, small and weak will never work it out, they are domed.

Only the top smartest people of the world will work out the fact that it's better to spend eternity in paradise, while the rest of us are convinced that screaming in fire is the better option.

notuptome

May 17, 2013
David's heart was after Gods heart because David's heart led him to repentance and Godly sorrow over his sin. Unlike many today who are proud and insolent. David humbled himself before God and begged for forgiveness. Never did David tell God that because he was king in Israel that he was above any other sinner. In fact David like Paul knew that his position did not afford him any extra latitude with God but demanded a higher level of righteousness.

If God did not love sinners while hating their sin all would have been condemned long ago. God commended His love toward us in that while we were yet sinners Christ died for us. Christ died even for those who think they are entitled to salvation as much as those who see themselves as unworthy of so great a salvation.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

Mar 23, 2016
I'm only quoting the Bible word for word and you have a problem with that, it speaks volumes about yourself and leaves many serious questions about your belief and faith or lack there off.
I have already shown "word for word" that those who shall not inherit the kingdom of God includes adulterers (see 1 Cor 6:9-10).

Mar 23, 2016
I was explaining the human condition to the other gentleman, who falsely believes that totally depraved sinners are good. I was reminding him that our best works are as filthy rags, in Gods sight.
Please provide the Thread Title and the specific Post number submitted by me wherein I stated that "totally depraved sinners are good". Thank you.

Slayer said:
The gentleman was trying to convince me that, only the smartest will crack the code and see that it's a good deal. While all of those humble, simple, small and weak will never work it out, they are domed.
Please provide the Thread Title and the specific Post number submitted by me wherein I stated "only the smartest will crack the code" and that "all of those humble, simple, small and weak will never work it out". Thank you.

Slayer

Jul 23, 2018
David's heart was after Gods heart because David's heart led him to repentance and Godly sorrow over his sin. Unlike many today who are proud and insolent. David humbled himself before God and begged for forgiveness. Never did David tell God that because he was king in Israel that he was above any other sinner. In fact David like Paul knew that his position did not afford him any extra latitude with God but demanded a higher level of righteousness.

If God did not love sinners while hating their sin all would have been condemned long ago. God commended His love toward us in that while we were yet sinners Christ died for us. Christ died even for those who think they are entitled to salvation as much as those who see themselves as unworthy of so great a salvation.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
You are dead wrong, David's heart didn't lead him to repentance. His heart led him to adultery and murder, God is the One who drew him to Himself. You really should study your Bible before you make false claims like this.

Slayer

Jul 23, 2018
I have already shown "word for word" that those who shall not inherit the kingdom of God includes adulterers (see 1 Cor 6:9-10).
OK, i get it you cherry pick some verses which you abuse to support your distorted view and ignore others which prove you wrong. Yeah, that's a great way to pervert the scriptures and make them say what ever you want them to say. every heretic does exactly that!!!