Pet Peeves/Things That Happen in TV and Movies That Would Never Work In Real Life.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Addison

Jun 28, 2014
How the first prequel should have been.

Pipp

Majestic Llamacorn
Sep 17, 2013
Georgia
When a lady gets soaked from rain or being in water and her hair dries perfectly in place.... no frizz, no flyaway hairs, no natural waves... when my hair airdries it looks like a fuzzy semi curled mess.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Speaking of which...

When you watch a show set in old times - pioneer days of the US, ancient Greece, whatever, any time more than a century before now - and they are wearing makeup they didn't even have back then.

Makes me want to personally fly out to wherever the director is and show him the definition of "anachronism."

U

Ugly

Changing male characters into female characters. I saw Wonder Woman and it was awesome. So it's not that I'm against strong female leads or characters. But if a character started male, leave it that way. That's one reason why I refused to see the latest Ghostbusters.

Mar 11, 2016
Singapore
abigail.pro
Haha, I never thought about that.

Like I mentioned elsewhere, it annoys me that in 99 our of 100 (or maybe even 199 out of 200) cases,
the hero is American or British. ...Really? Aren't there ANY people that are hero material elsewhere in the world?

And how come all cars blow up?!

And I saw someone mentioned somewhere:

- Wouldn't it be cool if, in the middle of an indoor chase sequence, the hero suddenly just HAD to go to the toilet?
Don't worry. This exists in a world called anime.

JonahLynx

Dec 28, 2014
Changing male characters into female characters. I saw Wonder Woman and it was awesome. So it's not that I'm against strong female leads or characters. But if a character started male, leave it that way. That's one reason why I refused to see the latest Ghostbusters.
I didn't have a problem with the ghostbusters doing it since it was supposed to be a new team allegedly, I just didn't see it because it looked like a garbage movie lol.

W

wwjd_kilden

When a lady gets soaked from rain or being in water and her hair dries perfectly in place.... no frizz, no flyaway hairs, no natural waves... when my hair airdries it looks like a fuzzy semi curled mess.
and then, in a scene that (in the storyline) takes place five minutes later, their clothes are dry!

G

GaryA

and then, in a scene that (in the storyline) takes place five minutes later, their clothes are dry!
And, not a speck of mud on that suit after just having been splashed by that taxi cab that just drove by on that wet street on that rainy day...

Pipp

Majestic Llamacorn
Sep 17, 2013
Georgia
When a mom cooks a huge breakfast and the family rushes down the stairs the kids take a sip of the orange juice , the dad grabs his coffee and briefcase and heads out the door and the mom grabs her keys and leaves.

1. The super working mom most likely wouldn't get up and make a huge breakfast.

2.No one touches the food.

3. NO ONE PUTS AWAY THE FOOD.

Imagine coming home from work to a table full of old food... yuck.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Yes and there is no evidence of having cooked. No dirty pans in the sink, nobody washing any pans...

T

Tinuviel

One of my biggest annoyances in the world of entertainment is a lack of continuity, and specifically, "genetic inconsistencies", such as (everybody put your nerd hats on):

* The television show, "Growing Pains". Did anyone else notice that the parents on this popular family sitcom both had blue eyes, and yet, the actress they chose as their daughter (Tracey Gold) had brown eyes?

Again, correct me if I'm wrong, but eye color is the result of two genes, and blue eyes can only be produced when 2 recessive genes are present. This would mean that brown eyes would not be possible because the gene needed to produce them--the dominant gene--would be absent.

I know this seems nit picky, but to an adopted child who looks like no one else in her family, these things stand out to me like... Wonder Woman with brown eyes. Ahem. (I haven't seem the movie yet and I'm sure Gal Gadot is amazing, but every rendition I've ever seen of WW portrays her with blue eyes, not brown.)

And now you can all see why my original career as a big-league Hollywood director went straight down the tube. I was too busy picking out actors with consistent eye colors that I didn't have time to pay attention to their actual acting skills.
I thought I was the only one that noticed such things! Yes, I will drive me crazy if both parents have dark eyes and PRESTO! A blue-eyed child. Or visa versa. I can't remember what movie that really bothers me in...I'd have to think :)

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
About the zombie apocalypse yards, a friend at work came up with a viable Theory. Perhaps the same virus that turns humans into ravening monsters turns goats into obsessive-compulsive. Where normal goats would eat a yard down in a ragged fashion, infected goats are obsessed with eating the yard to a precise length all over.

Feb 22, 2017
One of my biggest annoyances in the world of entertainment is a lack of continuity, and specifically, "genetic inconsistencies", such as (everybody put your nerd hats on):

* The main character (as an adult) has blue eyes, and yet, the main character (when portrayed as a child) has brown eyes, or vice versa. I could be wrong, but eye color does not change as we get older, nor should it change across a character's storyline. And speaking of which...

* The television show, "Growing Pains". Did anyone else notice that the parents on this popular family sitcom both had blue eyes, and yet, the actress they chose as their daughter (Tracey Gold) had brown eyes?

Again, correct me if I'm wrong, but eye color is the result of two genes, and blue eyes can only be produced when 2 recessive genes are present. This would mean that brown eyes would not be possible because the gene needed to produce them--the dominant gene--would be absent.

I know this seems nit picky, but to an adopted child who looks like no one else in her family, these things stand out to me like... Wonder Woman with brown eyes. Ahem. (I haven't seem the movie yet and I'm sure Gal Gadot is amazing, but every rendition I've ever seen of WW portrays her with blue eyes, not brown.)

And now you can all see why my original career as a big-league Hollywood director went straight down the tube. I was too busy picking out actors with consistent eye colors that I didn't have time to pay attention to their actual acting skills.

And finally, for the big finale:

Did this bother anyone else?

* The fact that Luke Skywalker asks Leia if she remembers her real mother in Return of the Jedi, and she answers, "Just a little bit. She died while I was very young." And then the prequel had their mother dying... in childbirth.

I remember sitting in the theater wondering if the writers of the prequels had even BOTHERED to watch the first 3 movies (I've read theories about "Force memories" to explain Leia's explanation and other assorted mumbo jumbo...) But that doesn't stop me from thinking, "Is a little continuity between some of the biggest movies of all time really too much to ask???"

I can hardly wait to see everything they casually "forget"... in the "new" Han Solo movie. :rolleyes: Stay tuned. :)

Well, my eyes changed color when I was in my early 20's they turned green. Weird but true!! And yes I looked it up eye color does change with age, but it's rare.

G

GaryA

About the zombie apocalypse yards, a friend at work came up with a viable Theory. Perhaps the same virus that turns humans into ravening monsters turns goats into obsessive-compulsive. Where normal goats would eat a yard down in a ragged fashion, infected goats are obsessed with eating the yard to a precise length all over.
A special strain of OCD virus...

;)

Last edited:

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Well, my eyes changed color when I was in my early 20's they turned green. Weird but true!! And yes I looked it up eye color does change with age, but it's rare.
Wow... that's amazing.

I love that y'all are giving me all sorts of interesting things to research... If only I had time!

I've also learned more about guns, goats, and zombies than I ever think I have before.

Kudos to all of you!

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
(From another thread)
These days, it definitely takes guts to even make a post.

You're bound to run into backlash one way or the other.
Ooooh, I KNEW I was forgetting something! Sorry Kim, I'll take care of that right away.

Ahem...

Oh come on seoulsearch, do you always have to find fault with EVERYTHING?! Can't you just watch the movie and be happy? Or if you find it intolerable can't you just turn it off? Why do you always have to nit-pick everything to death?

*Lynx lopes away smugly, conveniently leaving out any mention that he was the one who came up with the thread idea.

There, backlash taken care of. Sorry Kim, I won't forget again. :D

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
(From another thread)

Ooooh, I KNEW I was forgetting something! Sorry Kim, I'll take care of that right away.

Ahem...

Oh come on seoulsearch, do you always have to find fault with EVERYTHING?! Can't you just watch the movie and be happy? Or if you find it intolerable can't you just turn it off? Why do you always have to nit-pick everything to death?

*Lynx lopes away smugly, conveniently leaving out any mention that he was the one who came up with the thread idea.

There, backlash taken care of. Sorry Kim, I won't forget again. :D
We'll just see if I ever write a thread using YOUR ideas again, buster.

In the meantime... I've got some OCD goats to oversee as they mow my lawn... in preparation for the zombie apocalypse, of course.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Just trying to help ya out. I knew you would be expecting something like that, so I thought I'd supply it. I'm just here to be a blessing.