Please give me your input!?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jul 23, 2018
Input: like I previously stated I have only read bits and pieces. If the disciple of the Bible were not to watch their words carefully they would surely die before the gospel was preached, believed and recorded. Today, in my country as a disciple of Jesus... I can clearly say from the comfort of my home, Jesus is God, the Holy Spirit is Jesus? The word was created by God, but only through his Holy Spirit. Now we who have accepted Christ as he should be have the Holy Spirit to help us. Which would be why we must form a relation with Jesus/the Holy Spirit.... His word, Our God.
When you say " the word was created", what do you mean.?
What is the word?

J

jaybird88

The Father has exaulted the Son.
In Hebrews the father speaking says ' thy throne o God is forever and ever"
Jesus will sit and rule from David's re established throne. It pleases the father to exault the Son.
Ok, and according to you this passage means the Son is above the Father?

Oct 7, 2018
When you say " the word was created", what do you mean.?
What is the word?
The word is the Bible as it was formed by prophets thru Gods Holy Spirit. No one can prophecy without the Holt spirit, whether it be a voice heard, a vision, an angel... of course the Holy Spirit which we have received to help read, understand and accept the WORD of God.

Oct 7, 2018
The word is the Bible as it was formed by prophets thru Gods Holy Spirit. No one can prophecy without the Holt spirit, whether it be a voice heard, a vision, an angel... of course the Holy Spirit which we have received to help read, understand and accept the WORD of God.
Before Jesus was crucified, the Word was given to chosen righteous people as what they were to do for God and his kingdom. After Jesus was crucified, his Holy Spirit was sent out into all the world seeking hearts that would accept, love, and spread His word, the Love of Jesus... the Way the Truth and the Life

Jul 23, 2018
Ok, and according to you this passage means the Son is above the Father?
I am saying the Father has exaulted the son.
Remember,the apostles said " we preach Jesus and him crucified"
In rev 5 it says " no man was found in heaven or earth to open the seals"
Only Jesus could

Jul 23, 2018
Ok. Just wondering.
Jesus is called the word. Thats why i asked

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I believe that the Father has the absolute authority most of which he has delegated most of it to his son Jesus. In order of authority, based on what I understand in scripture is the Father, the Holy Spirit and finally Jesus. Three separate distinct entities and personalities that comprise one God working together in unity and harmony.

Oct 7, 2018
Ok. Just wondering.
Jesus is called the word. Thats why i asked
What he has preached through the spirit becomes the word. Us accepting him in has thus written the word on our hearts.
🙏

J

jaybird88

I am saying the Father has exaulted the son.
Remember,the apostles said " we preach Jesus and him crucified"
In rev 5 it says " no man was found in heaven or earth to open the seals"
Only Jesus could
i agree the Son has been exalted by the Father, above all things, but all things would not IMO include the Father. the Father is referred to as "Most High" it means there is no being above Him. its not a temporary position, He always was the Most High and will always be the Most High.
and the scripture in question never says the Son is above the Father, it says the Son above all things, you have to assume "all things" includes the Father.
when Jesus says the Father is above the Son there is no room for assumptions because Jesus says exactly that.

Jul 23, 2018
What he has preached through the spirit becomes the word. Us accepting him in has thus written the word on our hearts.
🙏
It is one of his names as well. He is the word.
The word is a person as well as a book.

Jul 23, 2018
i agree the Son has been exalted by the Father, above all things, but all things would not IMO include the Father. the Father is referred to as "Most High" it means there is no being above Him. its not a temporary position, He always was the Most High and will always be the Most High.
and the scripture in question never says the Son is above the Father, it says the Son above all things, you have to assume "all things" includes the Father.
when Jesus says the Father is above the Son there is no room for assumptions because Jesus says exactly that.
The farher has exaulted the son.
It is just that simple.
Now,whatever heaven needs me to understand about that is fine with me.
It is multifaceted.
They see themselves as one. A little like a hologram.
" show us the father"
"if you have seen me,you have seen the father"
So there is no competition between them. They are one.
It is not necessarily one is over the other.
The protocol is Father,Son,Holy Spirit.
Concerning earth,the Father has exaulted the Son.
If you look at Sam Soylens doctrine,he preaches that Gods plan is to restore man to adam.
I reject that. Jesus is the second adam.

preston39

Dec 18, 2017
Well preston, how about John 1:1-3, Colossians 1:16-17, Hebrews 1:10 and Revelation 3:14. :eek:

IN GOD THE SON,
bluto
John 1:1-3
IN the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Please explain the relevance of this..... to the point?

Col. 1:16-17....
16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

Please explain revelance to the point?

Heb. 1;10....10 And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:

I cautioned....this is spiritual...not physical. Not applicable.

Rev.3;14...And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;

Explain the revelance to the point?

Sep 9, 2018
Illinois
What do I believe is the best way to handle the Jehovah's false witnesses? Well, John 1:1 starts a pretty good idea. Then go to Colossians 1 and Hebrews 1. Then when you are done, the obvious conclusion is that Jesus Christ created everything. If you think a man can create everything, you are out of your cotton-pickin' mind, man. It's God that did all that. "In the beginning was the Word (not 'a' Word--that 'a' is not even in anything), the Word was with God, and the Word was God."

J

jaybird88

Woah.
You need a SERIOUS bible study on Jesus as CREATOR.
THE ENTIRE CHRISTIAN FAITH HINGES ON WHO THE CREATOR IS.
All the cults do what you just did.
Jesus taught all the commandments hings on love the Father, love your fellow man.
He never taught everything hinges on who the creator is.

PyongPing

Oct 9, 2018
www.worldincrisis.org
I find conjugating G-d and Christ helps in understanding their combined and separate existence in scriptures;.

G-d always existed...Christ did not.
That is an error. The Son, who is "Christ" (meaning the anointed), existed from eternity, with the Father, see:

Luk_2:11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.​

Joh 1:9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.​
Joh 1:15 John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me.​
Joh 1:30 This is he of whom I said, After me cometh a man which is preferred before me: for he was before me.​
Psa_45:7 Thou lovest righteousness, and hatest wickedness: therefore God, thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.​
Psa_2:2 The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed, saying,​
and so on.

PyongPing

Oct 9, 2018
www.worldincrisis.org
G-d created all...Christ did not.
Again, incorrect. The Father created all things by the Son:

John 1:

John 1:1 KJB - In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.​
John 1:2 KJB - The same was in the beginning with God.​
John 1:3 KJB - All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.​
[Side note: Nowhere in scripture [KJB] does it ever say that Jesus at some point in eternity past showed up to be “with” the Father. The Son always “was” [He is the “I AM”; the Son], and even always “was with” the Father, ever at His right hand.]

Genesis:

Genesis 1:1 KJB - In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.​
Genesis 1:1 HOT - בראשׁית ברא אלהים את השׁמים ואת הארץ׃​
Genesis 1:1 HOT Translit. - B'rëshiyt Bärä élohiym ët haSHämayim w'ët hääretz​
Genesis 1:2 KJB - And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.​
Genesis 1:3 KJB - And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.​
Genesis 1:6 KJB - And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.​
2 Corinthians 4:6 KJB - For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.​
Ephesians 3:9 KJB - And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:​
Colossians 1:15 KJB - Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:​

[Jesus is therefore the 'visible' [“manifested”, “revealed”] God.]

Colossians 1:16 KJB - For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:​
Colossians 1:17 KJB - And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.​
Colossians 1:18 KJB - And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.​
Colossians 1:19 KJB - For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;​
Hebrews 1:3 KJB - Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;​

[No created being, no being that ever came into existence [by birth, or any process, etc], can be "the express image of his [the Father's] person". Why? Think about this. Secondly, it teaches Jesus to be the "visible" [manifested, revealed, see 1 John 1:1-3 KJB, He is the "eternal life" that is "with" the "Father"; John 1:1-3 KJB, are saying the same, that the "word" was "with" the "Father", and let there be "Light" is the manifestation of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ, 2 Corinthians 4:4-6 KJB] JEHOVAH, while the Father is the "invisible" JEHOVAH. None but JEHOVAH Jesus, could save mankind "by himself". Catch this. He did this "alone" [Isaiah 63:3 KJB] He was forsaken of the Father, and the Holy Spirit [My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me …' [Psalms 22 KJB], etc], angels, and man [".... and of the people there was none with him ..."], because of our sins which He took. "Alone" with the weight of all the world of sin. "Alone" ... let that sink in. No creature, no being that ever came into existence, could ever do that, and in fact, your own sins, and mine own sins alone would crush us, would crush any other being that came into existence, angel or not, let alone others sins added to it, but yet He took it all upon Himself, "alone"; think of the Almighty strength to bear the sin of a whole world.]

PyongPing

Oct 9, 2018
www.worldincrisis.org
G-d created all...Christ did not.
Genesis 1:7 KJB - And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.​
Genesis 1:14 KJB - And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:​
Genesis 1:16 KJB - And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.​
Genesis 1:20 KJB - And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven.​
Genesis 1:21 KJB - And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good.​
Genesis 1:24 KJB - And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.​
Genesis 1:25 KJB - And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good.​
Genesis 1:26 KJB - And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.​
Genesis 1:27 KJB - So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.​
Genesis 2:7 KJB - And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.​
1 John 1 [compare to John 1 KJB]:

1 John 1:1 KJB - That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;​
1 John 1:2 KJB - (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us
1 John 1:3 KJB - That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.​

[Side note: This is a repetition of John 1:1-3 KJB. Notice that “eternal life” is a reference to the Son, and He was that “which was with” the Father from eternity. There is never a point at which the Son did not exist as His own person in eternity past, and not ever a point in eternity past that He was not at the right hand of the Father.]

PyongPing

Oct 9, 2018
www.worldincrisis.org
Christ was born of an earthly virgin mother......G-d was not.
No, the Father was not, but the Son was, who is God (Deity):
1Ti_3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.​
Php 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:​
Php 2:7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:​
Php 2:8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.​

Christ gave His life on the cross to save all humanity...G-d did not.
No, the Father did not, but the Son (having taken upon Himself humanity, Philippians 2:6) did:

Act_20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.​

Christ arose from the dead....G-d did not.
The Son (having taken upon Himself humanity; Romans 8:3) arose from the dead.

Christ sent us the HS as The Comforter...G-d did not.
Again, no. Just as the Father and Holy Ghost sent the Son:

Isa_48:16 Come ye near unto me, hear ye this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, there am I: and now the Lord GOD, and his Spirit, hath sent me.​

So too, the Father and Son send the Holy Ghost:

Joh_14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.​
Joh_15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:​
Joh_16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.​
Luk_24:49 And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.​
Act_1:4 And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me.​

PyongPing

Oct 9, 2018
www.worldincrisis.org
Christ ascended into Heaven...G-d did not.
Again, incorrect:

The King of Glory? Is Jesus Christ, JEHOVAH Immanuel:

Psalms 24:1 KJB - A Psalm of David. The earth is the LORD'S, and the fulness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein.​
Psalms 24:2 KJB - For he hath founded it upon the seas, and established it upon the floods.​
Psalms 24:3 KJB - Who shall ascend into the hill of the LORD? or who shall stand in his holy place?​
Psalms 24:4 KJB - He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully.​
Psalms 24:5 KJB - He shall receive the blessing from the LORD, and righteousness from the God of his salvation.​
Psalms 24:6 KJB - This is the generation of them that seek him, that seek thy face, O Jacob. Selah.​
Psalms 24:7 KJB - Lift up your heads, O ye gates; and be ye lift up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in.​
Psalms 24:8 KJB - Who is this King of glory? The LORD strong and mighty, the LORD mighty in battle.​
Psalms 24:9 KJB - Lift up your heads, O ye gates; even lift them up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in.​
Psalms 24:10 KJB - Who is this King of glory? The LORD of hosts, he is the King of glory. Selah.​

According to Psalms 24 KJB, the “... King of Glory ...” is verily “... The LORD [JEHOVAH] of hosts ...” Himself who descended to the earth, was upon the earth and later ascended into Heaven, and the eternal city, far above all:

Consider Psalms 68:18-20 KJB:

Psalms 68:18 KJB - Thou hast ascended on high, thou hast led captivity captive: thou hast received gifts for men; yea, for the rebellious also, that the LORD God might dwell among them.​
Psalms 68:19 KJB - Blessed be the Lord, who daily loadeth us with benefits, even the God of our salvation. Selah.​
Psalms 68:20 KJB - He that is our God is the God of salvation; and unto GOD the Lord belong the issues from death.​

This is directly cited in the New Testament in reference to Jesus Christ, which ascended far above all principality and power in Ephesians 4:8-10 KJB:

Ephesians 4:8 KJB - Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.​

Side Note:

Isaiah 26:19 KJB - Thy dead men shall live, together with my dead body shall they arise. Awake and sing, ye that dwell in dust: for thy dew is as the dew of herbs, and the earth shall cast out the dead.​
Matthew 27:50 KJB - Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost.​
Matthew 27:51 KJB - And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;​
Matthew 27:52 KJB - And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,​
Matthew 27:53 KJB - And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.​
1 Corinthians 15:20 KJB - But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.​
1 Corinthians 15:23 KJB - But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.​
Ephesians 4:9 KJB - (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?​
Ephesians 4:10 KJB - He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)​

And then let us consider John 3:11-13 KJB:

John 3:11 KJB - Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness.​
John 3:12 KJB - If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?​
John 3:13 KJB - And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.​

And Ephesians 1:20-23 KJB:

Ephesians 1:20 KJB - Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,​
Ephesians 1:21 KJB - Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:​
Ephesians 1:22 KJB - And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,​
Ephesians 1:23 KJB - Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.​

And Revelation 12:5 KJB:

Revelation 12:5 KJB - And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.​
And Acts 1:9-11 KJB:

Acts 1:9 KJB - And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.​
Acts 1:10 KJB - And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;​
Acts 1:11 KJB - Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.​
See also John 14:1-4 KJB:

John 14:1 KJB - Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.​
John 14:2 KJB - In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.​
John 14:3 KJB - And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.​
John 14:4 KJB - And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.​

Who is the King of Glory? The LORD, The LORD [JEHOVAH] God, the Son [Jesus JEHOVAH, JEHOVAH Immanuel] – Jesus, Son of the Father (JEHOVAH Ancient of Days), who descended, to later ascend, even as He has done in many other places in scriptures, and times before taking upon himself humanity. See Genesis chapters 3, 11, 17-19; Exodus 20, etc

PyongPing

Oct 9, 2018
www.worldincrisis.org
G-d knows the date of Christs' 2nd advent....... Christ does not.
You have misread the text.

Jesus knows (and knew) the time. He is one with the Father (John 10:30). The word means to make known. Jesus will not make known (neither angel, nor men) the Hour, for it is in the prerogative of the Father to do so, since it is in the context of the wedding.

Joh_5:20 For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all things that himself doeth: and he will shew him greater works than these, that ye may marvel.​

Also, the phrase, "But of that day and hour knoweth [to make known to others, see 1 Corinthians 2:2 KJB - For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.; which is why Jesus could say "neither the Son" [Mark 13:32 KJB], as Jesus will not make it known, but leaves it to the Father to do] no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.", as stated by Jesus, does not say, that we will never know, and Jesus would not reveal it [though He knows it], since the Father Himself, has chosen, that after the close of probation, He will speak forth the time by His own voice, as that previous quotation reveals:

Acts 1:7 KJB - And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.​

We can know the events in their order:

Matthew 24:32 KJB - Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:​
Matthew 24:33 KJB - So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.​
Matthew 24:34 KJB - Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.​

Voice of God the Father, announcing the hour after the probation of men has closed; Jeremiah 25:30; Joel 2:11, 3:16; Amos 1:2; Job 40:9; Psalms 18:13, 77:18, 104:7; 1 Samuel 2:10; 2 Samuel 22:14; Matthew 24:36; Mark 13:32; John 12:29; 2 Peter 1:17-18; Revelation 14:2; &c

Another summary;

Conclusion;
G-d and Christ are one.
The Father and Son (and also Holy Ghost/Spirit) are indeed one in purpose (at-one-ment), but not in person/being.

Repent of the errors, as it is written:

Joh_8:24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.​
Joh_8:58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.​