Please give me your input!?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jul 23, 2018
God said is there a God beside me, yea, there is no God, I know not any, and He is an omnipresent Spirit so He would know.

And before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me, and beside me there is no Savior.

God means supreme being and if God is an omnipresent Spirit then He would be the greatest for no one can be bigger which the heaven and the heaven of heavens cannot contain God, and He is the Almighty and has the most power which He can assemble and disassemble physical matter, and use the force of nature against His enemies, and put the force of nature in place, and said His ways are higher than our ways as the heaven is higher than the earth.

The Bible says Jesus is God manifest in the flesh, and Jesus said before Abraham was I am, and He is the Word who is God which is God revealing Himself in flesh, and He is God with us, and in the Old Testament God said that He would come in flesh and be the Savior.

Jesus is God which He is from everlasting which means He has no beginning, and there was no God created after God so He cannot be a created God.

And there is no such thing as a created God for God means supreme being, and a created God would be made of physical matter which God can disassemble if He wants so what kind of God is that.

God is a Spirit that cannot blow up, cannot melt away, cannot disintegrate, cannot ever be hurt, and all else is of physical matter.

Jesus is also man, the man Christ Jesus, for He was made of the seed of David according to the flesh, and when the time was come God sent forth His Son made of a woman, made under the law.

Jesus is God and man, which that can confuse some people for God is greater than the presence of a human being.

When the Bible says God was manifest in the flesh it means that God manifest all His attributes to the man Christ Jesus, for He is the fulness of the Godhead bodily, and He has the Spirit without measure, and it pleased the Father that in Him all fulness should dwell, and He is the personal human body of God which He laid down His life for us, and purchased the Church with His own blood.

And the Spirit in Christ is still connected to the omnipresent Spirit of God for God cannot be separated, which Jesus does not have His own personal Spirit that moves around with Him for there cannot be a double portion of the Spirit in one place, and an empty space where the Spirit is not at, but the man Christ Jesus moves through the Spirit and wherever He is at the Spirit is there.

Which might help people understand how Jesus can be God and man for He is an omnipresent Spirit, and the man Christ Jesus does not have part of the Spirit that moves with Him but He moves through the Spirit the same as the saints do not have their own personal Spirit that moves with them but they move through the Spirit and they know God is omnipresent.

1Ti 6:14 That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukeable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ:
1Ti 6:15 Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;
1Ti 6:16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

Jesus dwells in the light which no person can approach unto, and no person has ever seen Jesus, and no person will ever see Jesus, for He is God an invisible Spirit but He showed us a visible manifestation of Himself.

Jesus is God's visible manifestation to the saints forever, which the throne in heaven is the throne of God and the Lamb, God in the glorified body of the man Christ Jesus.

And contrary to what some people believe Jesus is not sitting on a throne next to the Father, but the only person we will see in heaven is Jesus which He told Philip if you have seen me you have seen the Father, and He is the fulness of the Godhead bodily, and we will only see one visible manifestation of God in heaven.

Jesus is at the right hand of God.

God's right hand represents power, wisdom, and salvation.

There is only one throne in heaven and one who sits on it, which is the throne of God and the Lamb, God in the glorified body of the man Christ Jesus.

There is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus who is our Savior for only a sinless man can reconcile the world unto God, but no man is sinless so God manifest Himself in flesh and reconciled the world unto Himself in the person of Jesus Christ, God and man in harmony.

Jesus said all power is given unto me in heaven and earth.

David said the LORD said unto my Lord, sit at my right hand until I make your enemies your footstool.

For the Son must reign until all His enemies are conquered, and when they are conquered then the Son shall submit to God the Father that God may be all in all.

Which God exalted the man Christ Jesus to exercise the throne of power, be at His right hand until the saints are with Jesus and His enemies conquered, and when that happens then the Son shall cease exercising the throne of power, stop being at the right hand that God may be all in all.

God is ruling through the man Christ Jesus for the sake of the saints.

The only person we will see in heaven is Jesus and if you have seen Him you have seen the Father.
In revelation,Jesus takes the scroll out of the hand of the Father.

Makes the "Jesus only" theory an impossibility.
Thank you Jesus for your awesome word

Jul 23, 2018
in Hebrews the Father says of the Son "thy throne o God is forever and ever"

2 distinct beings

Jul 23, 2018
The bible describes husband and wife as "one"
For 42 years nobody has mistaken me for my wife.

So, is the bible wrong?

That is what "Jesus only" is saying

Butterflyyy

Oct 31, 2019

So, is the bible wrong?

The problem on this thread is that some have been wrongly saying that Jesus is not God when He clearly is God in the Bible. I have never come across 'Jesus Only'.... which again is entirely un-Biblical.... folks just need to read their Bibles don't they 😊

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
He was clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God. Revelation 19:13

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. John 1:1
Your need to posst this in Bible Discussion indicates just how many here to discuss theWord of God simply do not read it, or knnow it.
God bless your patience and keep up the good works...j

Jul 23, 2018
The problem on this thread is that some have been wrongly saying that Jesus is not God when He clearly is God in the Bible. I have never come across 'Jesus Only'.... which again is entirely un-Biblical.... folks just need to read their Bibles don't they 😊
I agree.

The trinity is under assault as well as many other truths.

The Jesus only people that i have come across are pentecostal oneness.
(Jesus and the father are the same person)

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
The following words from God through His prophet, Isaiah are either true or they are not true. Since I believe God makes no error nor lies, I believe these words given the prophet to pass on to us.

Isa 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Mar 28, 2016

So, is the bible wrong?

One working together as two. he sends them out two by two. In the end of the matter the two literally will become one. Not one working as one .

It was the loving authority of the father working with the lovely submissive of the Son that set up the two fold ministry in the likeness of God.

As new creatures (neither male nor female, Jew nor gentile we are to know no man after the flesh . Some did know Jesus as the Son of man after the flesh which he resisted and called faithless .

That one time promised demonstration is over, the veil is rent. Therefore we cannot know Him that way ever again forever more. God is not a man as us.

2 Corinthians 5:16 Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more.

iymus

Feb 15, 2016
Jesus is my savior, my only true way to God the Father and His Kingdom. But is Jesus God, or is He Gods Son whom will come gather us children to live in Gods Kingdom with Jesus and God?
Concerning the volume of the book and on a macro level he is not God. The Son is our Lord. The Heavenly Father is The Lord our God. The Heavenly Father is the Originator of life itself who authorized all creation and his only begotten son is the firstborn and beginning of creation who represented him and declared him.

For the nonbelievers simply ask them to show you where the Son did or does his own will in the bible. Also ask the nonbelievers if the Trinity Doctrine of Man supersedes the first commandment of God which states that The God of Jesus and his followers are one: Not one in the same or One in three or three in one but One "Period!!!"

Mar 12:29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

-------------------

1Co 6:12 All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.

1Co 6:14 And God hath both raised up the Lord, and will also raise up us by his own power.

Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Joh 7:17 If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.

1Ti 1:2 Unto Timothy, my own son in the faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord.

1Co 8:5 For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)
1Co 8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

Eph 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
Eph 1:4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
Eph 1:5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

Butterflyyy

Oct 31, 2019
Concerning the volume of the book and on a macro level he is not God. The Son is our Lord. The Heavenly Father is The Lord our God. The Heavenly Father is the Originator of life itself who authorized all creation and his only begotten son is the firstborn and beginning of creation who represented him and declared him.

For the nonbelievers simply ask them to show you where the Son did or does his own will in the bible. Also ask the nonbelievers if the Trinity Doctrine of Man supersedes the first commandment of God which states that The God of Jesus and his followers are one: Not one in the same or One in three or three in one but One "Period!!!"

Mar 12:29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

-------------------

1Co 6:12 All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.

1Co 6:14 And God hath both raised up the Lord, and will also raise up us by his own power.

Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Joh 7:17 If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.

1Ti 1:2 Unto Timothy, my own son in the faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord.

1Co 8:5 For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)
1Co 8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

Eph 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
Eph 1:4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
Eph 1:5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,
Hi
I used to think like you and I asked God about it because some other Believers brought to my attention that I was in error. He said to me, " Now you know in part, then you will know in full at the marriage supper of the Lamb."

His ways are high above ours, He is God and we will only fully know Him when we are with Him forever...

In Mark 12:29 Jesus is quoting the Shema from Deuteronomy 6:4-5. If you find out what the original words mean, you will find that the words Elohim and Echad are plural to show the one-ness of God.

There are various verses in the Bible that say Jesus IS God:

Titus 2:13:
Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

John 20:28:
“Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.”

John 1:3:
‭God created everything through him, and nothing was created except through him.

Isaiah 9:6:
For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; And the government will rest on His shoulders; And His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace.

John 1:1:
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God

The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth (John 1:14).

He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God (Revelation 19:13).

“Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was born, I am.”
‭‭John‬ ‭8:58‬ ‭

God revealed His Bame to Moses as 'I AM' in Exodus 3:14.

Hope this helps🙂

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
The following words from God through His prophet, Isaiah are either true or they are not true. Since I believe God makes no error nor lies, I believe these words given the prophet to pass on to us.

Isa 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

^ ^ Isaiah 9:6 from 2018

^ ^ Isaiah 9:6 from 2019

:)

iymus

Feb 15, 2016
Hi
I used to think like you and I asked God about it because some other Believers brought to my attention that I was in error. He said to me, " Now you know in part, then you will know in full at the marriage supper of the Lamb."

His ways are high above ours, He is God and we will only fully know Him when we are with Him forever...

In Mark 12:29 Jesus is quoting the Shema from Deuteronomy 6:4-5. If you find out what the original words mean, you will find that the words Elohim and Echad are plural to show the one-ness of God.

There are various verses in the Bible that say Jesus IS God:

Titus 2:13:
Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

John 20:28:
“Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.”

John 1:3:
‭God created everything through him, and nothing was created except through him.

Isaiah 9:6:
For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; And the government will rest on His shoulders; And His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace.

John 1:1:
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God

The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth (John 1:14).

He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God (Revelation 19:13).

“Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was born, I am.”
‭‭John‬ ‭8:58‬ ‭

God revealed His Bame to Moses as 'I AM' in Exodus 3:14.

Hope this helps🙂
Sighs: The Concept of Elohim is Eph 4:6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

A Father of something is it's Originator or Source.

The Commandments of God is not of Jesus but The Heavenly Father.

The Will of God is not the will of Jesus but the will of The Heavenly Father.

The Doctrine of Jesus is not his doctrine but the will of the Heavenly Father

The Originator and Source of all life is the Father of Spirits who is the Mosh High God and Lord of Heaven and Earth.

Jesus did not begat anything. It was not of his will and authority. This is why all the glory first and foremost goes to the Heavenly Father. It was his genius and works

1Jn 5:1 Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.

---------------------------

The will and authority of The Father of Spirits alone himself. When it comes to the authority of The Father their is no we or us but singular pronouns referring to himself alone.

Isa 44:24 Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;

Isa 45:12 I have made the earth, and created man upon it: I, even my hands, have stretched out the heavens, and all their host have I commanded.

Isa 45:18 For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else.

----------------------------

Check out the Concept of the term Royal We and then look into Ephesians 4:6.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Sighs: The Concept of Elohim is Eph 4:6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

The Originator and Source of all life is the Father of Spirits who is the Mosh High God and Lord of Heaven and Earth.

Jesus did not begat anything. It was not of his will and authority. This is why all the glory first and foremost goes to the Heavenly Father. It was his genius and works

1Jn 5:1 Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.

The will and authority of The Father of Spirits alone himself. When it comes to the authority of The Father their is no we or us but singular pronouns referring to himself alone.

Isa 44:24 Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;

Isa 45:12 I have made the earth, and created man upon it: I, even my hands, have stretched out the heavens, and all their host have I commanded.

Isa 45:18 For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else.

Isaiah 42:8... what do you make of that? God plainly says He alone is Lord (yet we know Jesus as Lord) and that He will not share His glory with any (while Jesus is said to be worthy to receive power and riches and wisdom and strength and honor and glory and blessing [Revelation 7:12])?

Butterflyyy

Oct 31, 2019

Why have you ignored all the verses of the Bible I just quoted?

Look at the original language; look up the words, Elohim and Echad.

God gives grace to the humble and resists the proud.

iymus

Feb 15, 2016
Isaiah 42:8... what do you make of that? God plainly says He alone is Lord (yet we know Jesus as Lord) and that He will not share His glory with any (while Jesus is said to be worthy to receive power and riches and wisdom and strength and honor and glory and blessing [Revelation 7:12])?
Lord God = The Lord our God = The Lord= Lord of Heaven and Earth = Possessor of Heaven and Earth = Heavenly Father.

Our Lord = The only begotten Son of Lord God.

notice distinction and separation between son of the Highest "Most High" and Lord God.

Luk 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

notice what the Son knew.

Joh 13:3 Jesus knowing that the Father had given all things into his hands, and that he was come from God, and went to God;

notice who the Spirit of the Lord is upon showing further distinction and separation

Luk 4:18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

notice who is Lord of Heaven and Earth

Mat 11:25 At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.

2Co 11:31 The God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which is blessed for evermore, knoweth that I lie not.

iymus

Feb 15, 2016
Why have you ignored all the verses of the Bible I just quoted?

Look at the original language; look up the words, Elohim and Echad.

God gives grace to the humble and resists the proud.

your first statement partially seems incorrect: " the words Elohim and Echad are plural to show the one-ness of God."

Elohim and Echad does not seem plural to show the oneness of God but his sovereignty. My evidence or supporting scripture would be Ephesians 4:6

Eph 4:6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

above all or above the multitude.

The Divinity of The Lord our God The Father was already revealed in the Old Testament.

For Pagans is multiple gods but for Hebrews and those of the true Abrahamic Faith it is in reference to the only true God.

Joh 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

1Jn 5:20 And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

--------------------------------------

Rom 3:1 What advantage then hath the Jew? or what profit is there of circumcision?
Rom 3:2 Much every way: chiefly, because that unto them were committed the oracles of God.

Joh 4:22 Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.
Joh 4:23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
Joh 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

-----------------------

The Son is not God but came forth and was sent from God.

Joh 8:42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.
Joh 8:43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.

Joh 16:28 I came forth from the Father, and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go to the Father.
Joh 16:29 His disciples said unto him, Lo, now speakest thou plainly, and speakest no proverb.
Joh 16:30 Now are we sure that thou knowest all things, and needest not that any man should ask thee: by this we believe that thou camest forth from God.

------------------------------------------------

God is 1 which equates to 1/1 = 1 or 100% =1

God is not 3 in 1 which equates to 3/1= 3 or 300%

The commandments of God are not grievous neither is he the author of confusion

----------------------------------------------

Also when pronouns for God is used it is consistently singular.

Think of Pronoun Noun agreement

The general rule for pronoun agreement is straightforward: A singular antecedent requires a singular pronoun; a plural antecedent needs a plural pronoun.

Not They are God alone but You as in He.

Neh 9:6 Thou, even thou, art LORD alone; thou hast made heaven, the heaven of heavens, with all their host, the earth, and all things that are therein, the seas, and all that is therein, and thou preservest them all; and the host of heaven worshippeth thee.

ESV Neh 9:6“You are the LORD, you alone. You have made heaven, the heaven of heavens, with all their host, the earth and all that is on it, the seas and all that is in them; and you preserve all of them; and the host of heaven worships you.

-------------------------------------------------

your first statement addressed above, if you can see or are open/neutral, then i can continue if i don't forget

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
God is 1 which equates to 1/1 = 1 or 100% =1

God is not 3 in 1 which equates to 3/1= 3 or 300%
God is not reducible to a mathematical formula.

Isaiah saw God in Isaiah 6. John says Isaiah saw Jesus. Jesus is God incarnate.

iymus

Feb 15, 2016
God is not reducible to a mathematical formula.

Isaiah saw God in Isaiah 6. John says Isaiah saw Jesus. Jesus is God incarnate.
Say what you like. The First commandment is God is a number and that number is one.

Mar 12:28 And one of the scribes came, and having heard them reasoning together, and perceiving that he had answered them well, asked him, Which is the first commandment of all?

Mar 12:30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.

Eph 4:6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

Rev 14:12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Say what you like. The First commandment is God is a number and that number is one.

Mar 12:28 And one of the scribes came, and having heard them reasoning together, and perceiving that he had answered them well, asked him, Which is the first commandment of all?

Mar 12:30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.

Rev 14:12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.
Nothing that you posted contradicts the fact that Jesus is God.