Although I am in favor of wisely monitored free speech, there occasionally comes a point where, in a privately owned online forum such as Christian Chat, a sincere group of people may request limitations on some types of speech.
For instance, in a privately owned Jewish online forum, there may be call to limit the ravings of pro-hitler anti-jewish posters.
The purpose of this thread is to see what people's thoughts and feelings are to no longer allow posts regarding the Flat Earth Conspiracy.
Even if the sentiment is unanimous one way or the other, it is still entirely up to the discretion of the website owner what to do about the issue.
Personally, I would like to see the subject banned. Threads or posts promoting the Flat Earth Non-Sense (FENS) will simply be deleted.
Those posters who continue to make such posts will gradually loose rep points. And after a few clear offenses will be banned.
At the very least, allowing FENS on the website:
1 - wastes disk space on the servers,
2 - clutters up the forums with non-sense postings,
3 - suggests to visitors to this web site that Christians are ignorant and crazy,
4 - wastes the time of posters such as myself and others who actually try to reason with the FENS,
(Yes, I know I can stop posting. I really don't know why I continue to do so.)
5 - takes attention away from truthful discussions about true concerns and real conspiracies,
6 - encourages the trolls or delusionaries who continue to post the FENS.
What are your thoughts on banning FENS?
Thank you.
For instance, in a privately owned Jewish online forum, there may be call to limit the ravings of pro-hitler anti-jewish posters.
The purpose of this thread is to see what people's thoughts and feelings are to no longer allow posts regarding the Flat Earth Conspiracy.
Even if the sentiment is unanimous one way or the other, it is still entirely up to the discretion of the website owner what to do about the issue.
Personally, I would like to see the subject banned. Threads or posts promoting the Flat Earth Non-Sense (FENS) will simply be deleted.
Those posters who continue to make such posts will gradually loose rep points. And after a few clear offenses will be banned.
At the very least, allowing FENS on the website:
1 - wastes disk space on the servers,
2 - clutters up the forums with non-sense postings,
3 - suggests to visitors to this web site that Christians are ignorant and crazy,
4 - wastes the time of posters such as myself and others who actually try to reason with the FENS,
(Yes, I know I can stop posting. I really don't know why I continue to do so.)
5 - takes attention away from truthful discussions about true concerns and real conspiracies,
6 - encourages the trolls or delusionaries who continue to post the FENS.
What are your thoughts on banning FENS?
Thank you.
Last edited: