President Trump’s Christianity

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Donald said no he lived a good life he never felt the need for forgiveness
Or did he say something else? Not needing to be forgiven and not asking for it are two different things.
  • Initial 2015 Remarks: In an interview with CNN's Jake Tapper, Trump stated that he tries "to do a good job" and does not bring God into that picture. When questioned about repentance, he reportedly asked, "Why do I have to, you know, repent? Why do I have to ask for forgiveness if you're not making mistakes?"
  • 2016 Campaign Trail: During a 2016 interview with columnist Cal Thomas, he was asked about his stance on forgiveness and stated, "I work hard, I'm an honorable person," and added, "Hopefully I won't have to be asking for much forgiveness."
  • Participation in Communion: Trump has also clarified that while he doesn't explicitly ask for forgiveness in prayer, he attends church and participates in communion. He has described eating the cracker and drinking the wine as his own way of asking for forgiveness, which makes him "feel cleansed.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Lightbeamrider
Maybe this is why I’m hearing echos in my phone at times, while talking to people, and I hear clicking sounds. I’ve also noticed that this tv acts strange at times; after turning it off, it actually clicks off a little later. Somehow, I feel like I’m being monitored/ watched.

Weird and intrusive! Is there anyone else noticing these things?
It appears that Big Brother is watching.
 
Or did he say something else? Not needing to be forgiven and not asking for it are two different things.
  • Initial 2015 Remarks: In an interview with CNN's Jake Tapper, Trump stated that he tries "to do a good job" and does not bring God into that picture. When questioned about repentance, he reportedly asked, "Why do I have to, you know, repent? Why do I have to ask for forgiveness if you're not making mistakes?"
  • 2016 Campaign Trail: During a 2016 interview with columnist Cal Thomas, he was asked about his stance on forgiveness and stated, "I work hard, I'm an honorable person," and added, "Hopefully I won't have to be asking for much forgiveness."
  • Participation in Communion: Trump has also clarified that while he doesn't explicitly ask for forgiveness in prayer, he attends church and participates in communion. He has described eating the cracker and drinking the wine as his own way of asking for forgiveness, which makes him "feel cleansed.
I would say it’s between him and God. God is the judge of all people.

If he is trying to do what is right, who am I to judge?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Magenta
Donald Trumps Christianity?
Good one.
Unfortunately, Donald Trumps brand of Christianity is no different than that of most of his followers.
Brand?? lol

What you can judge is if his doctrine is NT, or that of men. (?) Idk, since there is a separation of church and State.

What matters is that the government allows us freedom to worship our great King of the Universe, and is against Liberalism/ Wokism, and protecting our borders.

I didn’t choose him based on his spirituality, he was chosen based on his strength on getting things done; which he has done.
 
I saw a one on one interview with a news person and Donald Trump sometime ago. The interviewer was trying to get Trump to say that he had a need for forgiveness one time in his life. Donald said no he lived a good life he never felt the need for forgiveness. I would like to suggest that someone who has never felt the need for forgiveness, cannot have accepted Jesus as their savior and lord. That requires, realizing we are sinner confessing our sins repenting, and asking Jesus to be our Lord and Savior. And after that, it means following scripture. Scripture asked us to feed the hungry give water to the thirsty, provide the needs of the sick. This is in Matthew five. Trump‘s policies kicking people off of Medicaid is not in alignment with these kingdom goals.
Everyone have a blessed day.
I, and many others didn’t vote for him based on his Christianity, but rather on his policies and his track record. In reality, idk of any politician that was considered a righteous Christian. Do you?

It would seem, those who HATE President Trump are always finding a way to sideline him, and bad mouth him. What better way to do this than to broadside him in his weakest spot, which you have clearly done. Bravo!

He never claimed to be a righteous Christian, yet you’re trying to put him on a pedestal; at least he is trying. It’s apparent he really doesn’t understand much.

Perhaps we should analyze your Christian values?
 
Donald Trumps Christianity?
Good one.
Unfortunately, Donald Trumps brand of Christianity is no different than that of most of his followers.

Yes a dangerous path has been taken when leaders were no longer held to any standard as they long as they have "good" policies .. as though the two can be separated. :rolleyes:
 
I saw a one on one interview with a news person and Donald Trump sometime ago. The interviewer was trying to get Trump to say that he had a need for forgiveness one time in his life. Donald said no he lived a good life he never felt the need for forgiveness. I would like to suggest that someone who has never felt the need for forgiveness, cannot have accepted Jesus as their savior and lord. That requires, realizing we are sinner confessing our sins repenting, and asking Jesus to be our Lord and Savior. And after that, it means following scripture. Scripture asked us to feed the hungry give water to the thirsty, provide the needs of the sick. This is in Matthew five. Trump‘s policies kicking people off of Medicaid is not in alignment with these kingdom goals.
Everyone have a blessed day.
Leaders like trump especially in tumultuous times can not show weakness or admit to error. If he did, this would undermine his own power authority and people's confidence in his ability to lead. Not to crap on another president but look at Jimmy Carter. (Arguably) He by far was one of the worst presidents in modern times and he was the poster boy for a strong christian president. His failure as POTUS was that he was not feared or respected by people in this country or abroad.
 
Yes a dangerous path has been taken when leaders were no longer held to any standard as they long as they have "good" policies .. as though the two can be separated. :rolleyes:
You just can’t help yourself, can you!?! TDS much!!
 
Trump only speaks of Christianity during his Campaigns.........even then, I have never heard him profess to be a Christian.

Saddest thing I endured that year was the first time he ran for President, and all the professing Christians were making excuses to believe his rhetoric.
 
Trump only speaks of Christianity during his Campaigns.........even then, I have never heard him profess to be a Christian.

Saddest thing I endured that year was the first time he ran for President, and all the professing Christians were making excuses to believe his rhetoric.

Makes it worse really, how he uses Christianity to pander to his base,
 
Wow. In a different thread you couldn't understand why anyone would want Judas to have not repented and be saved, but for Trump you have no such compassion. And you don't think you have TDS?

Is he dead?
Not even remotely connected.
Try again.