QUESTION! (about Christmas and Easter)

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S-A-N-T-A = (S-A-T-A-N) COINSEDENCE OR DEMONIC HUMOR?
Isnt the name santa actually satan in another language? I don't remember which one it is but I was shocked when I found out. It is no surprise to me that santa or satan is the idol of Christmas instead of Christ. satan wants to be worshiped and to be the idol so he takes what should be about Christs birth and makes it about him.
 
Isnt the name santa actually satan in another language? I don't remember which one it is but I was shocked when I found out. It is no surprise to me that santa or satan is the idol of Christmas instead of Christ. satan wants to be worshiped and to be the idol so he takes what should be about Christs birth and makes it about him.


​oh for gawds sake, Blain.. hush up.. :)
 
Yes he did fulfill it. I did not say he destroyed it. Do you know how he accomplished this?

Yes, He fulfilled it...

Isa 42:21 The LORD is well pleased for his righteousness' sake; he will magnify the law, and make it honourable.

He explains how He did that in Mat 5, 6 and 7...

Mat 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
Mat 5:20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

He then continues...

Mat 5:21 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:
Mat 5:22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.
Mat 5:23 Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath ought against thee;
Mat 5:24 Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift.
Mat 5:25 Agree with thine adversary quickly, whiles thou art in the way with him; lest at any time the adversary deliver thee to the judge, and the judge deliver thee to the officer, and thou be cast into prison.
Mat 5:26 Verily I say unto thee, Thou shalt by no means come out thence, till thou hast paid the uttermost farthing.

Does this magnification do away with "Thou shalt not kill."? You can now kill someone (the letter of the Law) just as long as you don't call Him a fool?

Kinda silly isn't it? The Law is still in full force but it is far more binding than ever. Christ came to show the original intent of the Law is to change man's heart...

Heb 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
 
So why do you still feel obligated to a Law that never applied to you in the first place?

Uh, I kinda feel obligated to a Law that Christ said would be in full force since heaven and earth has not passed away...

Mat 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
 
So why do you still feel obligated to a Law that never applied to you in the first place?
John 14:15
If ye love me, keep my commandments.

John 1:1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.


If Yeshua said: if you love me keep my commandments... And Yeshua is God, then that means we are told to keep the Commandments am I wrong?
 
"Oh look. Every time a bell ring an angel gets his wings..."

It's time for the bell then...


giphy.gif
 
:mad:Maybe YOU don't care if someone swears the F word at you, but I DO.. so there's nothing to lol at..
No I completely understand where you are coming from what he said was not cool. I don't mind being cussed at but I do understand your anger, but as your friend blue I think we should leave the thread for a bit until everyone calms down. After all we called to love and to forgive
 
No I completely understand where you are coming from what he said was not cool. I don't mind being cussed at but I do understand your anger, but as your friend blue I think we should leave the thread for a bit until everyone calms down. After all we called to love and to forgive

These holiday threads are ridiculous anyway.. I'm out.. T_laurich, I hope you find the answer you seek..