Questions about Psychology

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
True. And likewise, does, say... God, change and become something bad if there are people who want to just "say a prayer" and from only that, become "Christians?" You heart has to be in ANY change...... you have to want it, and believe in it happening.

A counselor said something to me once that really stuck with me. "We forget about our own stuff when we are concerned with the pace at which another is changing"? I think it's a pretty compelling evidence that when one is so fervently against something...they are attempting to polish their own turd to a nice shiny little sheen.
 
What do I think it is? a bunch of nonsense ... you say you have learned things that help others ..ok

I can post the definition of these terms..and its more than just honest talking and its clearly often contrary to biblical truth.

I am not too sure what you just said about definitions and terms.

But, who said anything about "Honest" talking? It is sometimes weeks or months before one of my clients says anything truly honest. I HEAR a lot of factual truth in what they are saying (and sometimes, NOT, saying) but their conversation is often far from being truthful. (much like many posts on this forum LOL)
 
Last edited:


What do u mean when you say voodoo doctors helped you?

Go back and read from the original post and you will completely understand what I was writing and talking about. Sirk explained it but nothing like reading a whole thread to understand the content.

This would be a good example of how people don't read the whole Bible and come up with some pretty strange ideas of what the Bible says..... Things including the Bible read in context makes a lot of sense and even brings understanding....lol
 
Like what? We probably agree that drugs are overprescribed but we probably don't agree that there are cases where they are needed. Aside from that....how is learning to think better with a biblical worldview somehow "psychobabble" in your world? How is using practical life examples or word pictures unacceptable for remembering them so that you can practice them in real world situations? How is learning better communication skills with your spouse, kids, mom, dad, coworkers or that jackass across the street who just hates you for no other reason than to hate you, voodoo? How is learning how to better care for your own soul and spirit and body with Godlike thinking and attitudes psychobabble and even worse...evil? I understand where you are coming from but it's an extreme viewpoint and one that isn't reflective of the attitude of most here commenting on this subject.

Hey Mitspa...care to comment on this?
 
What do I think it is? a bunch of nonsense ... you say you have learned things that help others ..ok

I can post the definition of these terms..and its more than just honest talking and its clearly often contrary to biblical truth.




I agree with you. Man has been duped by his own psychology. I have taken classes and its garbage..but in order to get a degree in any medical or social work field, you got to play the game of life. Even people in the Psychology field can't seem to agree on their own methods.
 
I am not too sure what you just said about definitions and terms.

But, who said anything about "Honest" talking? It is sometimes weeks or months before one of my clients says anything truly honest. I HEAR a lot of factual truth in what they are saying (and sometimes, NOT, saying) but their conversation is often far from being truthful. (much like many posts on this forum LOL)

Wow a whole month before you tell them the truth? Look im sure you think you help people with this stuff? maybe you do?

I don't see much value in it.
 
I agree with you. Man has been duped by his own psychology. I have taken classes and its garbage..but in order to get a degree in any medical or social work field, you got to play the game of life. Even people in the Psychology field can't seem to agree on their own methods.

This from someone who quotes Ellen G White in almost every post, this is pretty rich!
 
Don't tell you? What was your thought Dear?

a psychology major? or student?

I read your other post...your just going to study the issue.... don't buy into these guys who are selling this stuff here :)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with you. Man has been duped by his own psychology. I have taken classes and its garbage..but in order to get a degree in any medical or social work field, you got to play the game of life. Even people in the Psychology field can't seem to agree on their own methods.

So you agree that taking biblical principles and applying them....for example "renewing your mind"..thru prayer, meditation, exercise, diet...etc is.....garbage? These are in reality...biblicall principles passed off as new discoveries that Jesus exhibited and taught on. Just like everything else in this world....the modern field of psychology is an attempt at doing it better without God.
 
Last edited:
So you agree that taking biblical principles and applying them....for example "renewing your mind"..thru prayer, meditation, exercise, diet...etc is.....garbage? These are in reality...psychological principles passed off as new discoveries that Jesus exhibited and taught on. Just like everything else in this world....the modern field of psychology is an attempt at doing it better without God.
You renew your mind through the Word of God....
 
I am not too sure what you just said about definitions and terms.

But, who said anything about "Honest" talking? It is sometimes weeks or months before one of my clients says anything truly honest. I HEAR a lot of factual truth in what they are saying (and sometimes, NOT, saying) but their conversation is often far from being truthful. (much like many posts on this forum LOL)

But your a believer Willie. Your going to have spiritual problem solving devices for your clients. The world and their psychology is ALWAYS wrong. They have human view point . If one has been influenced by divine view point at some point in time they "might" offer a solution. But Dr Phil has not a clue.

God has his problem solving devices in His word.

The world does not have His problem solving devices.
 
But your a believer Willie. Your going to have spiritual problem solving devices for your clients. The world and their psychology is ALWAYS wrong. They have human view point . If one has been influenced by divine view point at some point in time they "might" offer a solution. But Dr Phil has not a clue.

God has his problem solving devices in His word.

The world does not have His problem solving devices.

I think the secular field of psychology is an imitation of Jesus' ministry in some ways...they sure do claim to have "just discovered something about the human mind" that Jesus touched on in some way. ...lol. There are many lessons in His time here concerning how we are to care for ourselves and be and stay connected with others at the same time. Life is an interesting dance because we have all fallen so far.
 
In need of advice.

I dunno what to do... some days CC makes me feel like this:


[video=youtube;Gxmoyidrfro]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gxmoyidrfro[/video]
 
In need of advice.

I dunno what to do... some days CC makes me feel like this:


[video=youtube;Gxmoyidrfro]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gxmoyidrfro[/video]

I don't think you watched the whole thing. Lol