Questions For Our Married Friends/People Who Have Experience With Marriage Who Hang Out in Singles

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
actually my attention span is very long. but lack of interest in reading posts that go beyond a line or two.

So you can attempt to put me down and try to make fun of me. and hopefully someone else will be around to pick up the pieces
huh
some post are so short I just skip them cos they just got nothing worthwhile to say

nobody is making fun of you.
You on other hand, complain about seouls posts and yet STILL post in seouls thread...I would just call that rude. Do you not stop to think how that makes HER feel?

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
why would someone who lacks interest, bother posting in a thread they have no interest in?

weird, but ok

It takes all sorts I guess,

I think its a big ask for marrieds to ALWAYS remain interested in each other as not all have absolutely everything in common plus there are other people on the planet to talk to.
And talking, is not flirting. Talking is having a conversation, having fellowship

People seem to put relationship over FELLOWship. When Fellowship, for a believer, is paramount. But people who always pursue relationships seem to forget about that, some to the extreme that they will enter into a relationship with a non believer JUST to have something to talk about though they will have nothing spiritual in common.

whereas fellowship is easy and inclusive, relationships tend to be exclusive and hard, and foster competiton and jealousy. When you are married, its like you feel like you own someone (or you are owned) a lot of married people cant really do what they would really like because of their spouse.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
Hi Everybody!

I was reading over some old posts this morning and came across a comment by a married friend here who was talking about enjoying spending time with us in the Singles Forum.

I am often curious as to how we singles are seen by those who are married or have experience with marriage or marriage-related situations.

Maybe you are someone who is married, have been married in the past but aren't anymore, are engaged, or were once engaged but it didn't work out. Do your experiences with marraige make you look at singles (presumed to have no prior marital experience) differently?

* Do married people ever look around here (the Singles Forum,) and think something like, "Oh, those poor clumsy chaps, they're just stumbling around!" But in more of a good-natured, "they're trying their best, but they'll figure it out eventually" kind of way, rather than as judgment or criticism?

* Do married people find themselves wanting to give dating advice to singles? (If so, what is your advice?) And what mistakes do you want to help us avoid?

* Do married people want to make suggestions about whom they think would make good matches here? (If so, what would be the best way to make suggestions?)

* Do married people look at singles and think, "Praise God I don't have to be alone or deal with that rat race anymore!"

* How do married people feel when singles say they are lonely, and what would you tell them?

* What makes married people want to hang out with us single folk, anyway? :unsure::coffee::alien:

* And, this might be a bit too personal, but for anyone who wants to answer... Does being here ever make married people wish they had stayed single for a bit longer, or do some maybe even admire, or envy, those who have become content with single life?

Everyone is welcomed to answer, of course, regardless of marital status or experience -- I was just curious as who how we as singles are perceived by the married friends who graciously spend their time with us but still let us be ourselves.

Something else that inspired this idea was reading some old threads that were made when I first joined CC (2009.) Back then, it was common to see such titles as, "Looking For Someone to Talk To Ages 19-23."

In other words, the singles crowd here has changed A LOT over the years, and now that many of us are older with a little more life experience than the old crowd, I'm wondering what married people REALLY think about hanging out with a crowd of 30ish-through-70ish-aged singles. :geek::unsure::whistle:

I'm actually hoping we might even be able to have a bit of good-natured banter/joking in our posts and/or between users. :D

Thanks in advance, and we are very thankful for the wise, compassionate, and thoughtful married friends who choose to spend their time here. :)
I look at all people the same as either a child of God or someone needing the Savior.

I look at everyone with the filter of the Bible. If you are single then if needed I'll share Biblical advice in relation to the issues at hand.

If you are married, same thing.

I will with joy hang out with whoever because we are either one in Christ Jesus or the individual needs to hear the gospel.

I enjoy the friendship of single people because they have more time to give versus married couples. I may relate better with married couples but single people are a lot easier to plan things with.

I also feel sympathy for the mothers who had their man walk away from them or the men who had a wife that walked out. I can't imagine having to parent on my own. That is rough.

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
In the USA about 50% of all families are single parent families.

That's half of all families. Why would I wish to limit myself from making friendships just because someone is single? Sure I'm going to be careful around single moms because I have a spouse....and I don't want or need any sort of false accusations levied by anyone.
But otherwise it's just hanging out with the guys...I like doing that. We talk about fishing, and other guy things.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
huh
some post are so short I just skip them cos they just got nothing worthwhile to say

You on other hand, complain about seouls posts and yet STILL post in seouls thread...I would just call that rude. Do you not stop to think how that makes HER feel?
Thanks, Lanolin, I really appreciate you thinking of me. ❤️

It's ok, lol, people have been telling me I write too much since the time I got here. 🤣 And that's ok! I know everyone has their own style.

For me, I've just also found that long posts tend to attract people who are deep thinkers and used to or open to slower communication... And that's why I've been able to meet several of them in person. They thought the same way and we're willing to stay in touch for a long time.

In some ways, I'm one of those slow-living types who seems really far behind in a fast-paced world, but it's just what works for me. 🙃

I know most people are used to abbreviated texts - How RU? - lol! And that's great if it works for them! 🥳

But as for me, the only real people I've had in my life were obtained down a long, slow path. 🌹

Thank you for your post! 💐

jennymae

Feb 28, 2020
Oh well, you know, Seoulsearch, I might not be the best person to be offering counseling here, but somehow my inner ex-married little bug, soul or whatnot really wants to chime in.

My little piece of advice boils down to one thing if you’re in the weaker vessel position (of course, it’s difficult for me to advise men, so I’m sticking to advising people who maybe share, or at some point will share experiences like mine):

Okay, here we go. Men are totally different from you. Totally!

Leave it that way!

Period!

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Another god post..

Since I've been married before.. Along time ago now.. I'm not sure I would qualify to give an answer.. But then again I'm not single as I plan to get engaged in a few months and suprise suprise it with someone on CC.... But I'll keep you's guessing lol.
This is quite interesting Phil. Congrats to you and the mystery soon to be spouse.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
actually my attention span is very long. but lack of interest in reading posts that go beyond a line or two.

So you can attempt to put me down and try to make fun of me. and hopefully someone else will be around to pick up the pieces
Thanks, Lanolin, I really appreciate you thinking of me. ❤️

It's ok, lol, people have been telling me I write too much since the time I got here. 🤣 And that's ok! I know everyone has their own style.

For me, I've just also found that long posts tend to attract people who are deep thinkers and used to or open to slower communication... And that's why I've been able to meet several of them in person. They thought the same way and we're willing to stay in touch for a long time.

In some ways, I'm one of those slow-living types who seems really far behind in a fast-paced world, but it's just what works for me. 🙃

I know most people are used to abbreviated texts - How RU? - lol! And that's great if it works for them! 🥳

But as for me, the only real people I've had in my life were obtained down a long, slow path. 🌹

Thank you for your post! 💐
I will mention for the record that seoulsearch does not dismiss what you say out of hand. In fact I have seen her debate what people say about her a LOT before.

In this case she has heard it before, considered it already, and come to her own conclusion about the matter.

GROUP A:
"You make too many posts that are way too long!"

GROUP B:
"You need to make more posts!"

GROUP C:
"You should post about this topic!"

GROUP D:
"Nice thread you started, but you should have phrased it this way instead."

WHAT SEOULSEARCH DOES:
"Are they right? Should I change how I post?" (A long time of examining what she does and whether it fits what she wants to accomplish...)

WHAT SEOULSEARCH SHOULD DO:
*seoulsearch puts on headphones and goes on doing her own thing.

Trust me. She has already had people telling her that her posts are too long, and she has already thoroughly analyzed the matter and made her decision.

She is NOT just dismissing your opinion out of hand.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Short version for Robertt:

seoulsearch is not ignoring you. She has already thought about this specific matter. A lot.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
I could be wrong, but I think Robertt was replying to one of Lanolin's posts, but thank you Lynx.

It's scary when friends can explain my own thoughts much better than I can! 🤣

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
It's scary when friends can explain my own thoughts much better than I can! 🤣
I thought that was why Lynx and I had the job of being your forum summarizers / translators.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I could be wrong, but I think Robertt was replying to one of Lanolin's posts, but thank you Lynx.
I know. But he was still on the same topic, as though he felt he was not being heard, so I thought someone should tell him you're not just ignoring him.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Hi family,is there always a topic for each day?
Howdy.

There is a topic whenever somebody wants to discuss something. You can start a topic if you want.

Robertt

May 22, 2019
Bahrain
I will mention for the record that seoulsearch does not dismiss what you say out of hand. In fact I have seen her debate what people say about her a LOT before.

In this case she has heard it before, considered it already, and come to her own conclusion about the matter.

GROUP A:
"You make too many posts that are way too long!"

GROUP B:
"You need to make more posts!"

GROUP C:
"You should post about this topic!"

GROUP D:
"Nice thread you started, but you should have phrased it this way instead."

WHAT SEOULSEARCH DOES:
"Are they right? Should I change how I post?" (A long time of examining what she does and whether it fits what she wants to accomplish...)

WHAT SEOULSEARCH SHOULD DO:
*seoulsearch puts on headphones and goes on doing her own thing.

Trust me. She has already had people telling her that her posts are too long, and she has already thoroughly analyzed the matter and made her decision.

She is NOT just dismissing your opinion out of hand.
i didnt discuss any issues with Soulsearch,. have no issue with soulsearch.. so not sure what your post alluding to.

I simply said that people like long posts.

Robertt

May 22, 2019
Bahrain
huh

yes i do think. i dont make persoanl attacks as you did on me. I simply said people like long posts. thought it amusing , not a complaint.

so not sure of why you choose to make this a persoanl attack on me and calim my attention span is low.

I made no personal attacks on anyone.

But seems as long as yuo are in the REGULARS here it ok to ATTACK another person
And yes i feel attacked. you may not think it was but i grew up with bullys who never thought they were bullys. JUST having a joke they called it. Not saying you a bully. But how the person affected feels about posts is important.

And i have not heard Soulsearch tell me i attacked her. IF she feels i did. I AM SORRY.

Was just my noticing lots of long posts. not just by soulsearch ... and seems to be the way of this forum

But i take the hint. another forum i not allowed to post in due to my lack of Gift of the Gab to make people happpy with words..

Robertt

May 22, 2019
Bahrain
you guys certainly like long posts lol
and for those that somehow misread my post as a complaint

here it is agian

A comment made, and even added an LOL to the post to show i found it amusing ..

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
and for those that somehow misread my post as a complaint

here it is agian

A comment made, and even added an LOL to the post to show i found it amusing ..
Sorry. You complained about it before, so I guess we thought you were complaining about it again.

So this time it was not a complaint, just an amusing observation. Right. Got it.

MsMediator

Mar 8, 2022
Do married people look at singles and think, "Praise God I don't have to be alone or deal with that rat race anymore!"
I am single and the above is the vibe I get from married friends. They feel sorry for singles who are still searching, basically.

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
I am single and the above is the vibe I get from married friends. They feel sorry for singles who are still searching, basically.
I wouldn't say it's sympathy as much as empathy.

It's like a person in search for coffee....i know exactly how that feels and can feel their desire myself. I know what its like to want one....if I know where they can get a good cup I will tell them. Not even think twice about it.

But those people who don't like coffee (I'm not exactly sure they are human) I don't tell them that they need coffee every time they express thirst. But for some reason they think that I'm disparaging them when I talk about coffee. They can drink all the tea that they want. I'm ok with that. They are a tad odd in that respect but it's not a scarlet letter or something.
Hey, I don't like banana...and some people think I'm odd for that. But it's not a big deal...unless I'm in South America.