Questions

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

Anidod

Who is Satan?

Who is the Devil?

Who is the Dragon?

Who is the Serpent?

What is Hell?

Where is Hell?

Who goes to Hell?

Is anyone in Hell?

Why is pride sin, evil?

Who is wisdom?

Why do we only use 66 books?

What is Eden?

Where is Eden?

What are angels?

What purpose do we serve?

Why do humans have emotions?

What are emotions?

Where is paradise?

What is paradise?

What does number 14 signify in the Bible?

Is anyone in paradise?

If an angel can also signify a message, does that mean cherubims, seraphims can also signify something else?

Who is the prophet?

Does anyone know about the blue marble?

Why do some people believe there is no life in other planets, galaxies if they've never been there?

Where was Enoch and Elijah taken to?

Why cant flesh and blood be in heaven?

What is flesh, blood?

What is a tree?

What is a sword?

What is a fig tree?

What is an olive tree?

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Wondering if you have tried reading the Bible? Sure to be a great number of answers in the Word!

Yeah, it takes some effort.........

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Wondering if you have tried reading the Bible? Sure to be a great number of answers in the Word!

Yeah, it takes some effort.........
Well said. Looks like Anidod wants someone else to do the heavy lifting.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Who is Satan?

Who is the Devil?

Who is the Dragon?

Who is the Serpent?

What is Hell?

Where is Hell?

Who goes to Hell?

Is anyone in Hell?

Why is pride sin, evil?

Who is wisdom?

What is Eden?

Where is Eden?

What are angels?

What are emotions?

Where is paradise?

What is paradise?

Is anyone in paradise?

If an angel can also signify a message, does that mean cherubims, seraphims can also signify something else?

Who is the prophet?

Why do some people believe there is no life in other planets, galaxies if they've never been there?

What is flesh, blood?

What is a tree?

What is a sword?

What is a fig tree?

What is an olive tree?
Try Google or pick up a bible and find the answers for yourself.

NotmebutHim

May 17, 2015
"Questions #67 & #68" - Chicago
"Question" - Moody Blues
"Carry On/Questions" - Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young
"Don't Ask Me No Questions" - Lynyrd Skynyrd
"A Lover's Question" - Otis Redding

Any questions? :cool:

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Who is Satan?

Who is the Devil?

Who is the Dragon?

Who is the Serpent?

What is Hell?

Where is Hell?

Who goes to Hell?

Is anyone in Hell?

Why is pride sin, evil?

Who is wisdom?

What is Eden?

Where is Eden?

What are angels?

What are emotions?

Where is paradise?

What is paradise?

Is anyone in paradise?

Who is the prophet?

What is flesh, blood?

What is a tree?

What is a sword?

What is a fig tree?

What is an olive tree?
You will probably find this site helpful:

https://www.gotquestions.org/

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
Who is Satan? Who is the Devil? Who is the Dragon? Who is the Serpent? - these are four of the names for are the same, fallen archangel who is also the leader of all the fallen angels. Satan is the leader of this fallen world's system, and as such, is referred to as this world's "prince". Satan is our enemy.

What is Hell? - the abode of the unsaved dead

Where is Hell? - :unsure:

Who goes to Hell? - this can be a bit confusing, but this might help you tie it all together: https://www.gotquestions.org/sheol-hades-hell.html

Is anyone in Hell? - yes

Why is pride sin, evil? - C. S. Lewis referred to pride as "The Great Sin" in his book, Mere Christianity (a must-read book, BTW, for all Christians). Pride (the kind the Bible is normally referring to anyway) causes us to assume that we are self-sufficient and have no need of God in some or in all things. The sin of Satan that resulted in his fall was pride.

Who is wisdom? - the Father, the Son & the Holy Spirit

Why do we only use 66 books? - because these are the books that contain the "inspired" or (literally) "breathed" words of God. No other books do.

What is Eden? - the Garden of God where God first placed our race's progenitors, Adam and Eve, after He created them. It was in this Garden that they also chose to disobey God's command to them and fell into sin.

Where is Eden? - its location was marked by four rivers, two of which still exist, the Tigris and the Euphrates. It is believed to have been located somewhere inside modern day Iraq.

What are angels? - they are created spirit beings who serve God (and man). These are known as the elect angels. The fallen angels, who refuse to serve God and serve Satan instead, are referred to most often as demons. They hate God and hate those of us who are His as a result.

What purpose do we serve? - as the Westminster Shorter Catechism puts is, "the chief end of man is to glorify God, and to enjoy Him forever". Only the first half will be true for unbelievers however.

Whoops, gotta go. I'll come back later (Dv) and try to answer the rest of your questions (as best and as concisely as I can), unless someone else beats me to it :)

~Deut

theanointedwinner

Nov 6, 2018
Who is Satan? our spiritual enemy

Who is the Devil? our spiritual enemy

Who is the Dragon? our spiritual enemy

Who is the Serpent? our spiritual enemy

What is Hell?

Where is Hell?

Who goes to Hell?

Is anyone in Hell?

many who reject Christ go there, for advice, choose Jesus not hell

Why is pride sin, evil? pride corrupts

Who is wisdom? Jesus

Why do we only use 66 books? ask a theologian

What is Eden? the perfect garden,

Where is Eden? we can only speculate where but believed to be in middle east

What are angels? God's heavenly servants and messengers

What purpose do we serve? become more Christ-like

Why do humans have emotions? we are made in God's image, and to express ourselves with those who have emotions

What are emotions? God given senses that can be expressed with those who have emotions

Where is paradise? only God knows

What is paradise? heaven

What does number 14 signify in the Bible? ask a numerologist

Is anyone in paradise? few are saved, so yes

If an angel can also signify a message, does that mean cherubims, seraphims can also signify something else? ask a theologian

Who is the prophet? those whom God speak through to foretell the future

Does anyone know about the blue marble? huh :confused:

Why do some people believe there is no life in other planets, galaxies if they've never been there? people have opinions

Where was Enoch and Elijah taken to? entrance to heaven

Why cant flesh and blood be in heaven? God is too holy for our sinful flesh and blood

What is flesh, blood? the flesh is made of dust, the blood = red liquid of life

What is a tree? if symbolic, tree = us who need to grow

What is a sword? if symbolic, sword = the Bible,

What is a fig tree? see what I wrote about "tree"

What is an olive tree? see what I wrote about "tree"

if literal, look to the dictionary

I hope I have answered some of your question to your satisfaction

theanointedwinner

Nov 6, 2018
Who is Satan? our spiritual enemy

Who is the Devil? our spiritual enemy

Who is the Dragon? our spiritual enemy

Who is the Serpent? our spiritual enemy

What is Hell?

Where is Hell?

Who goes to Hell?

Is anyone in Hell?

many who reject Christ go there, for advice, choose Jesus not hell

Why is pride sin, evil? pride corrupts

Who is wisdom? Jesus

Why do we only use 66 books? ask a theologian

What is Eden? the perfect garden,

Where is Eden? we can only speculate where but believed to be in middle east

What are angels? God's heavenly servants and messengers

What purpose do we serve? become more Christ-like

Why do humans have emotions? we are made in God's image, and to express ourselves with those who have emotions

What are emotions? God given senses that can be expressed with those who have emotions

Where is paradise? only God knows

What is paradise? heaven

What does number 14 signify in the Bible? ask a numerologist

Is anyone in paradise? few are saved, so yes

If an angel can also signify a message, does that mean cherubims, seraphims can also signify something else? ask a theologian

Who is the prophet? those whom God speak through to foretell the future

Does anyone know about the blue marble? huh :confused:

Why do some people believe there is no life in other planets, galaxies if they've never been there? people have opinions

Where was Enoch and Elijah taken to? entrance to heaven

Why cant flesh and blood be in heaven? God is too holy for our sinful flesh and blood

What is flesh, blood? the flesh is made of dust, the blood = red liquid of life

What is a tree? if symbolic, tree = us who need to grow

What is a sword? if symbolic, sword = the Bible,

What is a fig tree? see what I wrote about "tree"

What is an olive tree? see what I wrote about "tree"

if literal, look to the dictionary

I hope I have answered some of your question to your satisfaction
even using a mouse to highlight for answers, takes effort at least

I hope that the op is willing to highlight the answers, or the sake of revealing the answer in invisible ink

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
"Questions #67 & #68" - Chicago
"Question" - Moody Blues
"Carry On/Questions" - Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young
"Don't Ask Me No Questions" - Lynyrd Skynyrd
"A Lover's Question" - Otis Redding

Any questions? :cool:
You are obvious a serious student of the word. :)

theanointedwinner

Nov 6, 2018
I would love to have short faq's but I believe that we can ask questions that can lead to helpful answers like these

to sum up Christianity: saved by grace to become more Christ-like

to become more Christ-like we need to develop the character of Christ

and that involves
desiring to know His character and wanting Him—His presence—more than any other thing He can give us
https://www.gotquestions.org/seek-Gods-face.html

and guarding one's heart can help the process of becoming more Christ-like

and
The apostle Paul instructs us, “Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things” (Philippians 4:8). Dwelling on these things will help to build a guard fence around our hearts. https://www.gotquestions.org/guard-your-heart.html

and Phil 4:8 should be self-explanatory, right?

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
Hi @Anidod, here is my part two :)

Why do humans have emotions? - because God loves us and gave them to us for our good and for our enjoyment. They became problematic for us, like almost everything else did, after our first parents disobeyed God and fell into sin (and us with them as their begotten progeny) . For more on emotions, this is a good place to start reading: https://www.gotquestions.org/managing-emotions.html

What are emotions? - our feelings

Where is paradise? :unsure:

What is paradise? Some might say a warm, tropical island with smooth, white sandy beaches and clear, blue waters ;) Or did you mean the "Paradise" that's mentioned in the Bible?

What does number 14 signify in the Bible? - the Messianic line was counted in groups of 14 .. Matthew 1:17. If I think of something else, I'll let you know. I don't believe 14 is a Biblical # with special significance like 3, 7, 40, etc. are.

Is anyone in paradise? - there was, as it was the abode of the believing dead before the Resurrection. Now? I don't think so :unsure:

If an angel can also signify a message, does that mean cherubims, seraphims can also signify something else? - angels are God's "messengers", not messages.

Who is the prophet? - someone who speaks for God to His people. False prophets "claim" to speak for God ... but they do not.

Does anyone know about the blue marble? - do you mean the picture that was taken from space of Earth by one of the Apollo crews :unsure:

Why do some people believe there is no life in other planets, galaxies if they've never been there? - lack of any tangible evidence whatsoever is at least one reason.

Where was Enoch and Elijah taken to? - "up" & "to Heaven" .. Genesis 5:24; Hebrews 11:5 & 2 Kings 2:11

Why can't flesh and blood be in heaven? - the perishable cannot inherit the imperishable. Our present bodies of flesh and blood must be transformed into a glorified, spiritual bodies when we are resurrected (like Jesus' earthly body was after His resurrection), as our earthly bodies are not suited for the eternity to come.

What is flesh, blood? What is a tree? What is a sword? What is a fig tree? What is an olive tree? - since I know that you know the obvious answers to all of these questions, what are your actual/specific questions about each of them instead :unsure:

Thanks!

~Deut

A

Anidod

Who is Satan? Who is the Devil? Who is the Dragon? Who is the Serpent? - these are four of the names for are the same, fallen archangel who is also the leader of all the fallen angels. Satan is the leader of this fallen world's system, and as such, is referred to as this world's "prince". Satan is our enemy. ~Deut
Is this suppose to be leviathan also ?

27 In that day the Lord with his sore and great and strong sword shall punish leviathan the piercing serpent, even leviathan that crooked serpent; and he shall slay the dragon that is in the sea.

- the abode of the unsaved dead ~Deut
- this can be a bit confusing, but this might help you tie it all together: https://www.gotquestions.org/sheol-hades-hell.html ~Deut
Why is pride sin, evil?
- C. S. Lewis referred to pride as "The Great Sin" in his book, Mere Christianity (a must-read book, BTW, for all Christians). Pride (the kind the Bible is normally referring to anyway) causes us to assume that we are self-sufficient and have no need of God in some or in all things. The sin of Satan that resulted in his fall was pride. ~Deut
I wonder if there are different kinds of pride ?

1 John 2:16 For everything in the world-the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life-comes not from the Father but from the world.

- the Father, the Son & the Holy Spirit ~Deut
Proverbs 8

- because these are the books that contain the "inspired" or (literally) "breathed" words of God. No other books do. ~Deut
So I was really asking why don't we use the deuterocanonical books?

- the Garden of God where God first placed our race's progenitors, Adam and Eve, after He created them. It was in this Garden that they also chose to disobey God's command to them and fell into sin. ~Deut
So Eden is actually a city, if you will.

Genesis 2:8 Now the LORD God had planted a garden in the east, in Eden; and there he put the man he had formed.

Genesis 2: 15 The LORD God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it.

- its location was marked by four rivers, two of which still exist, the Tigris and the Euphrates. It is believed to have been located somewhere inside modern day Iraq. ~Deut
- they are created spirit beings who serve God (and man). These are known as the elect angels. The fallen angels, who refuse to serve God and serve Satan instead, are referred to most often as demons. They hate God and hate those of us who are His as a result. ~Deut
- as the Westminster Shorter Catechism puts is, "the chief end of man is to glorify God, and to enjoy Him forever". Only the first half will be true for unbelievers however. ~Deut
Whoops, gotta go. I'll come back later (Dv) and try to answer the rest of your questions (as best and as concisely as I can), unless someone else beats me to it :)

~Deut[/QUOTE]

I didn't finish going through all your reply.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
...since I know that you know the obvious answers to all of these questions, what are your actual/specific questions about each of them instead
I'm surprised you actually answered those questions. His real question behind all those questions was "How can I avoid studying and get others to do my homework"? And you just proved that he could accomplish that.

A

Anidod

I'm surprised you actually answered those questions. His real question behind all those questions was "How can I avoid studying and get others to do my homework"? And you just proved that he could accomplish that.
i'm not sure what you're saying and I thought I was having a discussion with him, my bad.