Rage and Anger.

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
I'm not going around claiming God talks to me audibly and casually like Karlon has. In my situation there is no spirit to test. You just mad.

Why has this upset you when God said to test the spirits? It's for our own protection against being gullible and deceived. And it is also obedience to the Lord.


🕊️
God talks to me too. What about it?

Once our church had a puppet team, and the puppet team badly needed some hands-free wireless microphones so we could operate puppets with both hands and still talk. I found a good lapel mic on amazon, great price, good reviews, but God told me not to buy it.

Next morning at work they told us we were being laid off. Suddenly that insignificant amount of money was much more important to me.

I'm not going to ask God what name Jacob selected though. God doesn't do magic tricks on demand. That would be demeaning.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Snackersmom
I'm not going around claiming God talks to me audibly and casually like Karlon has. In my situation there is no spirit to test. You just mad.

Why has this upset you when God said to test the spirits? It's for our own protection against being gullible and deceived. And it is also obedience to the Lord.


🕊️
here on CC, is the ONLY place ever i talked about God's Holy Spirit speaking to me audibly. so i say to you peacefully, 2ndTimeisTheCharm, i'm not going around anywhere nor do i plan to go anywhere & say that the H.S. speaks to me.
 
I agree with this test.

I'm just saying that if God really does talk to someone, He doesn't mind being tested and prove He talks to a particular person as can be shown with Moses when Aaron and Miriam challenged him in Numbers 12:1-8

So everyone saying that God doesn't want to be tested or shouldn't can know that He has done it before and would be willing to stand up for a friend He actually talks to.


🕊️
Uh...

You do know that in this analogy you are on Miriam's side, right?
 
here on CC, is the ONLY place ever i talked about God's Holy Spirit speaking to me audibly. so i say to you peacefully, 2ndTimeisTheCharm, i'm not going around anywhere nor do i plan to go anywhere & say that the H.S. speaks to me.


I go by what the Bible says. I can't just accept and believe on your say so. God said in the Bible that we have to test the spirits ourselves.

But it's your choice to stay with this spirit. Just please be careful! Check everything that that spirit says to see if they line up with what the Bible says. God doesn't contradict Himself in it.


🕊️
 
  • Like
Reactions: zeroturbulence
I go by what the Bible says. I can't just accept and believe on your say so. God said in the Bible that we have to test the spirits ourselves.

But it's your choice to stay with this spirit. Just please be careful! Check everything that that spirit says to see if they line up with what the Bible says. God doesn't contradict Himself in it.


🕊️
you also are not leaving the spirit i'm talking about which is the Holy Spirit. i am in tune with John 3:33, 16:3, 14:26, Romans 8:26 & others. i say to you, thank you for being as a Christian sister & caring about me. that's something i hardly experienced while growing up & you know about that.
 
Roshell
Rowshell

As If gives this... I haven't seen the one with a q before.

    • Roshelle – A variation using "sh" instead of "ch" for a softer pronunciation.
    • Rochell – A simpler, dropped-letter variation.
    • Rochele – A single-l variation.
    • Rochella – An elaborated feminine ending variant.
    • Roschelle – A combination of the "ros" and "chelle" styles.
    • Roqhelle – A modern spelling trend featuring a "q".
    • Rashelle – A phonetic variation blending "Ra" and "chelle".
    • Rochel – A more traditional or simplified variant.
    • Rochette – A diminutive or variant form.
    • Roschella – A compound variation
 
  • Love
Reactions: seoulsearch
I don't suppose you could guess my birth name and the correct spelling. I haven't told anyone on here what it is.
I mean you could ask God what it is and He might tell you, but He won't always say it to you audibly.

I'm not going to ask anyone what random name I'm thinking of, because theres just so many names and I could be thinking of one for one second, and then another the next.

And what would be the point, the name I could be thinking of would have nothing to do with you!

I once asked a teacher how they could remember all the names of the children in their classroom (often 25-30 different children) why not put nametags on them? He said that would be cheating lol.
 
  • Heart
Reactions: seoulsearch
I once asked a teacher how they could remember all the names of the children in their classroom (often 25-30 different children) why not put nametags on them? He said that would be cheating lol.

God bless that teacher for wanting to put in the work to actually learn the children's names!! 🥰

Roshell
Rowshell

As If gives this... I haven't seen the one with a q before.

    • Roshelle – A variation using "sh" instead of "ch" for a softer pronunciation.
    • Rochell – A simpler, dropped-letter variation.
    • Rochele – A single-l variation.
    • Rochella – An elaborated feminine ending variant.
    • Roschelle – A combination of the "ros" and "chelle" styles.
    • Roqhelle – A modern spelling trend featuring a "q".
    • Rashelle – A phonetic variation blending "Ra" and "chelle".
    • Rochel – A more traditional or simplified variant.
    • Rochette – A diminutive or variant form.
    • Roschella – A compound variation

This is awesome, and thank you very much for stepping up to the plate.

However, none of these spellings are correct.

She spelled her name, "Raschel" which was the most unique version I've come across so far (and why I remember it some 40 years later.) Everyone in school was always mispronouncing it, poor girl.

I appreciate you taking the time to answer, thank you!!! 🥰
 
God bless that teacher for wanting to put in the work to actually learn the children's names!! 🥰



This is awesome, and thank you very much for stepping up to the plate.

However, none of these spellings are correct.

She spelled her name, "Raschel" which was the most unique version I've come across so far (and why I remember it some 40 years later.) Everyone in school was always mispronouncing it, poor girl.

I appreciate you taking the time to answer, thank you!!! 🥰
I would have mispronounced it Rachel, or maybe Raquel or something like that. Or Rascal.

When my school had end of year prizegiving, and the teachers and principal had to give out awards and graduation certificates, they made sure they pronounced everyone's name correctly (and they could be from all different languages) .

One school I was in had a predominately Chinese demographic, and most of the children all had chinese names, but they often chose English names as the ones they wanted to be called by because it was easier for teachers to say (and remember)

BTW my birth name isn't Chinese, well on my birth certificate it isn't. But I do have a given chinese name that only my mum would use, however she never called me that. She called me a lot of other names though, that I didn't like! Especially when she was mad at me lol
 
  • Heart
Reactions: seoulsearch
Jewish people don't like to call God by his name, and often write G-d in place of God, or call Him HaShem which means 'the name'.
 
  • Pray
Reactions: seoulsearch
It is almost like ...God's name is too sacred to even mention casually

But I do think it's sort of like talking about Him like 'He Who Must Not Be Named' as if He's a scary Lord Voldemort character.

Of course us Christians are always using His name that others use as a swear word.

I suppose this is why the second of the 10 commandments is not to take the Lord's name in vain.
 
Sigh... Am I not to do as instructed in scriptures as a born again Christian?
Am I a stranger, or someone foreign to the faith?
And should I not inquire of someone of the same Spirit as I (I am assuming) as to what my Lord is doing with them?

So far you have proven nothing to me, neither the name nor in character of someone who would be speaking to God, for what has he told to you all this time for you to still act like a child?

What am I to assume of you from here on?

See, this is why I've been thinking for awhile that maybe we need a great reform in all of Christendom, it seems we're not organized enough and there's too many holes, enough weaknesses to be exploited.
 
Not really getting who 'you' are referencing Jacobfaith whether it's to all of CC, or a specific poster, or maybe just soliloquizing out loud.

As for acting like a child, playing video games is not exactly grown-up behaviour.

And making assumptions about people we don't know very well is not what CC is about.

If you mean, are people on here Priests. Well, some would say all believers are part of the priesthood, but others may not agree with this. Anyone can speak to God, (it's called prayer) but whether He answers back audibly is another thing altogether. And a further thing is do we actually LISTEN to what He is saying to us.

I am fine with things written in scripture. I love to read, I'm a total bookworm. But I understand it's hard for some people, and they'd rather....watch tv, or listen to an audiobook, or play a video game. But see, when God speaks, someone has to be around to hear Him, and write it down so they remember it.

It really is no good to just hear God say something and then forget about it a day later. Plus He doesn't engage in guessing games, well not with me. It's His prerogative is at times to remain a mystery, so we can do our part in seeking Him out.

As people say 'God works in mysterious ways'
 
Hi Jacob faith, I think you are wise to test the spirits as the Apostle John instructed.

However, the method John laid out in scripture is not the method you are using to test @Karlon. Can you give us a scripture reference for this specific test you are using?



Can you let us know which scripture you are referring to here as well?

Don't get me wrong, I'm super skeptical of anyone who calls themselves a prophet so I get where you're comng from, I'm just trying to follow your biblical reasoning.

Hi @Jacobfaith , you still haven't provided scriptural references for the statements you made. If you can't come up with them in 3 days I'll have to declare you a false teacher ☹
 
  • Wow
Reactions: Lanolin
I'm tired of being ignored, I'm tired of being treated with contempt, I'm tired of people failing me, I'm tired of living in country where it seems it was designed against me.

Why am I nice to people? Isn't it useless?
They never stick around, they never listen and it seems they don't remember me.
Does nobody learn? Does nobody seek understanding?

Why be gentle with anyone anymore?
Why hide what I think? Why hold back my words and my thoughts?

I am given expectations without being told, and when I ask, I'm told to find another.
What is this?

Deep within me is an intense and fiery rage, a great anger towards all of humanity.
I agreed with God that he was sorry he made Human Race.

Why be friendly with humanity when it is being treacherous with me?
You mentioned yourself no fewer than 17 times in 6 paragraphs. Your problem is you.
 
Hi @Jacobfaith , you still haven't provided scriptural references for the statements you made. If you can't come up with them in 3 days I'll have to declare you a false teacher ☹

But I already did, the Apostle John wrote: "Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test them to see whether or not they are of God"

1 John, Chapter 4
 
But I already did, the Apostle John wrote: "Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test them to see whether or not they are of God"

1 John Chapter 4

Nope, not what I asked. Nobody is contending that verse. We want to know why you are completely ignoring the verse that comes DIRECTY AFTER IT (1 John 4:2), which spells out EXACTLY HOW to test the spirits.

For some reason you don't like the test in 1 John 4:2.. You have proposed a different one that I'm not familiar with. Please provide a scriptural reference for the test you decided to use instead.

I asked another question about a different statement you made, you failed to provide a scriptural reference there as well.
 
You mentioned yourself no fewer than 17 times in 6 paragraphs. Your problem is you.

When speaking of my own "Rage and Anger", I am supposed to talk about other people's, or my own?
How would that be productive?

"You say to your brother: 'behold! there is a speck of sawdust in your eye! Let me pluck it out for you.' when behold, there is a log in your own eyes!"
 
  • Like
Reactions: 2ndTimeIsTheCharm
Nope, not what I asked. Nobody is contending that verse. We want to know why you are completely ignoring the verse that comes DIRECTY AFTER IT (1 John 4:2), which spells out EXACTLY HOW to test the spirits.

For some reason you don't like the test in 1 John 4:2.. You have proposed a different one that I'm not familiar with. Please provide a scriptural reference for the test you decided to use instead.

I asked another question about a different statement you made, you failed to provide a scriptural reference there as well.

Oh, you're kinda actually right, there is something more after that, but that would mean Karlon would have to perform it right?
But it doesn't necessarily say I can't test spirits, it says to test them and then describe that any spirit that confesses Jesus Christ is from God.

So I'm not necessarily certain that it's instructing how to test them but aiming for a confession of Jesus Christ might be a surefire way.

My testing is actually what I would use on false prophets, similar to Moses to how he instructed Israel to test prophets:

Deuteronomy 18:20-22​

"But the prophet who presumes to speak a word in my name that I have not commanded him to speak, or who speaks in the name of other gods, that same prophet shall die.’ And if you say in your heart, ‘How may we know the word that the Lord has not spoken?’— when a prophet speaks in the name of the Lord, if the word does not come to pass or come true, that is a word that the Lord has not spoken; the prophet has spoken it presumptuously. You need not be afraid of him."

Now maybe you can argue that my method of testing could be insufficient but are we in an agreement that testing should be done?