Rebellion

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Rebellion against God is as the sin of witchcraft as it says in the Bible

JUst how serious does God see rebellion? How is it different from any of other sin?

My thoughts....Rebellion is not simply going against God but deliberately disobeying Gods instructions. In the Old testment, it was Saul who showed this characteristic. Another was Lucifer. In the new testament, Jesus told a parable of two sons, both being given instructions by their Father, one didnt want to at first but then changed his mind and worked the other said he would go but didnt. It is the latter son who was rebellious.

Ive observed that some people think rebellion is a good thing, even encourage it amongst their own children. Because they were rebels themselves. Theres biographies with titles like 'goodnight, rebel girls' and sports stores called Rebel sport. How did rebellion get to be a good thing? Whats so great about disobeying? Or when is disobedience called for? Should we only disobey if the authority is Satanic? Or is it we should always obey God, rather than please men, because sometimes thats diametrically opposed.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Rebellion against righteous authority is always wrong. Rebellion against a cultural norm is not always wrong. In the latter case, the reason for the rebellion must be considered, beyond the "rebellion" itself (if it can truly be called such). A blanket condemnation against every form of "rebellion" is not helpful, considering that the term is used in a wide variety of contexts.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
What about standing up for what is right...that can't be called rebellion can it? Even if it goes against the majority or those in so-called authority.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
I believe the rebellion in question here is only rebellion against God...

We are taught to "judge four ourselves what is right."n So stand up for whatever you believe is right.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Yea how can you rebel against satan anyway. Satans already a rebel. You just resist him.

So why does a shop call itself 'rebel sport' I wondered. Is playing sport some kind of rebellion?

Sep 7, 2019
Rebellion against God is as the sin of witchcraft as it says in the Bible

JUst how serious does God see rebellion? How is it different from any of other sin?

My thoughts....Rebellion is not simply going against God but deliberately disobeying Gods instructions. In the Old testment, it was Saul who showed this characteristic. Another was Lucifer. In the new testament, Jesus told a parable of two sons, both being given instructions by their Father, one didnt want to at first but then changed his mind and worked the other said he would go but didnt. It is the latter son who was rebellious.

Ive observed that some people think rebellion is a good thing, even encourage it amongst their own children. Because they were rebels themselves. Theres biographies with titles like 'goodnight, rebel girls' and sports stores called Rebel sport. How did rebellion get to be a good thing? Whats so great about disobeying? Or when is disobedience called for? Should we only disobey if the authority is Satanic? Or is it we should always obey God, rather than please men, because sometimes thats diametrically opposed.
It appears to me that rebellion has become popular because successive generations have been indoctrinated into a rebel culture by the academic world and reinforced by corporate media. They are taught that America has been bad from the beginning and needs to change. They loathe the founding fathers and revere only those who sparked cultural and legislative change. This is weaponized revolutionary ideology forced upon a captive audience during their most impressionable years. It is war against the United States of America by subversive domestic enemies.

Don't trust anyone under 30. ;)

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
It appears to me that rebellion has become popular because successive generations have been indoctrinated into a rebel culture by the academic world and reinforced by corporate media. They are taught that America has been bad from the beginning and needs to change. They loathe the founding fathers and revere only those who sparked cultural and legislative change. This is weaponized revolutionary ideology forced upon a captive audience during their most impressionable years. It is war against the United States of America by subversive domestic enemies.

Don't trust anyone under 30. ;)
Werent those american Founding fathers rebelling from England when they didnt want to pay tax or be part of the church of England? So they changed the legislation? Also they kept slaves? So they could build up USA? Wasnt the economy of the southern part of the states founded on cotton which need a huge workforce so the white people got slaves from africa as they didnt want to do the hard work and pick it themselves? Thats what I heard.....

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Werent those american Founding fathers rebelling from England when they didnt want to pay tax or be part of the church of England? So they changed the legislation? Also they kept slaves? So they could build up USA? Wasnt the economy of the southern part of the states founded on cotton which need a huge workforce so the white people got slaves from africa as they didnt want to do the hard work and pick it themselves? Thats what I heard.....
"Gonna jump down,
Turn around,
Pick a bale of cotton.
Gonna jump down,
Turn around,

Pick a bale a day."

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I cant recall any of the cotton clothes I have with any labels that say made in USA. We dont seem to get any clothes from them all the clothes are made in China now. Your biggest export would be television dramas, mc donald restaurants, kfc and coca cola.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Its funny how, whenever an american posts on threads, the discussion always has to go back to their country, even if its got nothing much to do with the topic.

I mean most countries round the world have wars and revolutions too not just america.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Proverbs 29:2

When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn

Sep 7, 2019
You heard a twisted and biased fairy-tale that ignores the exculpatory evidence and makes false assertions from a distorted perspective. For example: Many young people claim the the Constitution considered black people less than human and counted them as 3/5 of a person.

No one who knows the truth could even think that way. Abolitionists were strong in number in the north, but not so in the south, where a few men owned a lot of black slaves. In order to rid the continents of slavery, they would need to be able to have the authority to do so over every nation formed thereon. To get the south to join, they devised a compromise that would get them to accept that authority. The three-fifths compromise did not address race, but legal status, and the corruptible influence of subordination. Those who were subservient to others, including white indentured servants who sold years of labor to pay the transatlantic passage, were not allowed to vote but they still needed to be counted for the purpose of representation in the House of Representatives. By fractional representation, the abolitionists were able to make it economically infeasible for the south to inflate their representation by buying more slaves. If it was about race at all, it was for the greater good... to eliminate subjugation by race.

Mar 28, 2016
Rebellion against righteous authority is always wrong. Rebellion against a cultural norm is not always wrong. In the latter case, the reason for the rebellion must be considered, beyond the "rebellion" itself (if it can truly be called such). A blanket condemnation against every form of "rebellion" is not helpful, considering that the term is used in a wide variety of contexts.
Yes, rebels are used to identify those who have no faith that alone comes by hearing the tongue of God. . . prophecy. That must seek after the things seen as a false way of confirming an unseen work of the words of God's prophecy. There rebellion becomes as sign against them according to the law found in 1 Corinthian 14:22-23 . Yet they still refuse to believe prophecy alone as it is written . (sola scriptura)
Exodus gives us a few examples of those kind of rebels that require as sign rather than walking by faith as it is written. The tongue of God.

Sep 7, 2019
Yea how can you rebel against satan anyway. Satans already a rebel. You just resist him.

So why does a shop call itself 'rebel sport' I wondered. Is playing sport some kind of rebellion?
It is merely to appeal to the rebel inside; only effective when it strikes a sympathetic chord.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Yes, rebels are used to identify those who have no faith that alone comes by hearing the tongue of God. . . prophecy. That must seek after the things seen as a false way of confirming an unseen work of the words of God's prophecy. There rebellion becomes as sign against them according to the law found in 1 Corinthian 14:22-23 . Yet they still refuse to believe prophecy alone as it is written . (sola scriptura)
Exodus gives us a few examples of those kind of rebels that require as sign rather than walking by faith as it is written. The tongue of God.
No. "Rebels" is simply a word in the English language. The OP established the context of the discussion in reference to but beyond Scripture.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
It is merely to appeal to the rebel inside; only effective when it strikes a sympathetic chord.
Yea wondered what sport had to do with rebellion...?! People name shops all sorts of things like Hell Pizza (they flame their pizzas?) or Farmers (doesnt sell seeds or chickens or tractors, its a department store). The rebel sport store is a big box store that sells sports gear, mostly branded shoes, sneakers. What is the link between that and rebellion I have no idea.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
You heard a twisted and biased fairy-tale that ignores the exculpatory evidence and makes false assertions from a distorted perspective. For example: Many young people claim the the Constitution considered black people less than human and counted them as 3/5 of a person.

No one who knows the truth could even think that way. Abolitionists were strong in number in the north, but not so in the south, where a few men owned a lot of black slaves. In order to rid the continents of slavery, they would need to be able to have the authority to do so over every nation formed thereon. To get the south to join, they devised a compromise that would get them to accept that authority. The three-fifths compromise did not address race, but legal status, and the corruptible influence of subordination. Those who were subservient to others, including white indentured servants who sold years of labor to pay the transatlantic passage, were not allowed to vote but they still needed to be counted for the purpose of representation in the House of Representatives. By fractional representation, the abolitionists were able to make it economically infeasible for the south to inflate their representation by buying more slaves. If it was about race at all, it was for the greater good... to eliminate subjugation by race.
Uh ok but why would the slaves, if given the vote, have voted for anyone that prolonged slavery I dont really get it
Didnt what is now the US used to be different countries that were governed by different nations. Like all had their own leaders. If they hadnt had the civil war they just would have stayed two separate countries right or become separate. Thats why the capital of the USA is in washington DC and not, say, Birmingham Alabama.
Am not making false assertions its just what I heard because I wasnt there so how can I assert anything even the making of my own country there are so many different sides to the story.

I dont know if the nations was actually founded on cotton, but that was the major export at the time for all the southern states as it grew so well there. Its like countries that based their economy on sugar, or bananas. Thats why those southern plantation owners were incredibly wealthy. Not sure if theres more people in the south than the north?

Also never heard of 3/5 thing so dont know what that is all about. What is 3/5 of? Sorry you totally lost me there. Its not making any sense...

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
There was a famous american movie called...'rebel without a cause'. Havent seen it, but apparently the main actor in it died very young in a car crash, cos he was driving too fast.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
The movie was about according to wikipedia...emotionally confused, middle-class teenagers.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Just coming back to this thread, I noticed that with the new rebel sport logo, the second 'e' is backwards.

I thought, WHY? Do rebels have dyslexia or something? They want to write their letters backwards?
I dont know!