regenerated

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
Eph 1:
13) In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

People become born again of the Holy Spirit AFTER they believe the gospel. God does not save people first.

Again, Calvinists grossly overstate the nature of fallen man.

I think I remember you from bible-discussion.com. You were promoting your Calvinist beliefs there, and would not be persuaded. I'm guessing the same will be true here.
did you call yourself SHROOM on that site?

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
1. Please learn to quote properly or at least correct if you can. I will try to remember what you wrote
2. I di dnot skip those verses at all. As I showed you, vs 13 qand 14 are rthe reason the first 12 verses were made possible. (Gods chosing based on his foreknowledge)

As for the seal of the spirit. It is an earnest UNTIL the day of redemption, meaning it can not be lost, Once you have been ressurected,m You no longer need the seal of the spirit, because you will never be able to sin again, thus have need of the spirit as a deposit.
Psalms 53:2-3, God looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand,that did seek God. Every one of them is gone back; they are altogether become filthy, there is non that doeth good, no, not one. This is God's foreknowledge, that is why in Eph 1:4 that he chose an elect people before he formed the world and sent his Son to redeem them, so that he would have a people that would praise and honor him.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
Just stop skipping over the scriptures I and many other people are giving you and ignoring them.

If you do not want to discuss my scripture and just your own, that is not being open to discussion.
I thought that I had been discussing your scriptures, if not, remind me which ones I failed to discuss.

shrume

Jun 26, 2017
did you call yourself SHROOM on that site?
Yes.

Can you address this scripture?

Eph 1:
13) In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

People are sealed with the gift of the Holy Spirit AFTER or WHEN they believe the gospel, not before.

E

eternally-gratefull

Psalms 53:2-3, God looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand,that did seek God. Every one of them is gone back; they are altogether become filthy, there is non that doeth good, no, not one. This is God's foreknowledge, that is why in Eph 1:4 that he chose an elect people before he formed the world and sent his Son to redeem them, so that he would have a people that would praise and honor him.
You keep skipping the verses i keep showing you and ignoring them

As lng as you continue to do ths, we have nothing to discuss because your not being honest

E

eternally-gratefull

I thought that I had been discussing your scriptures, if not, remind me which ones I failed to discuss.
And how many tmes do i have to show you them? We have had this discussion before, your like alot of your calvinist buddies who like to play games, i do not play games, this is God and his word we are talking about.

notuptome

May 17, 2013
And how many tmes do i have to show you them? We have had this discussion before, your like alot of your calvinist buddies who like to play games, i do not play games, this is God and his word we are talking about.
Roman Catholics make converts they do not see men regenerated by the Holy Spirit to new life in Christ.

Calvinists wish themselves elect so they may enter the kingdom of God. They do not wish to take responsibility for their sin and ask Christ for forgiveness.

They attempt to avoid the John 16:8-11 working of the Holy Spirit in their sinful heart to bring them to the Savior.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
Roman Catholics make converts they do not see men regenerated by the Holy Spirit to new life in Christ.

Calvinists wish themselves elect so they may enter the kingdom of God. They do not wish to take responsibility for their sin and ask Christ for forgiveness.

They attempt to avoid the John 16:8-11 working of the Holy Spirit in their sinful heart to bring them to the Savior.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
Christ died to take away the sins of those that God gave to him. As for as eternal security is concerned,
God looks upon us as having no sin, however, as long as we live on this earth we are still burdened with our fleshly nature, which causes us to sin at times, which we are instructed to ask forgiveness for. When we were but natural men ( 1 C0r 2:14 ) at the time that Christ died for us, we did not have the desire or ability to ask Jesus to forgive us. A person has to be born of the Spirit before the Spirit can work in them. The Spirit does not "bring them to the Savior" they are already in Christ Jesus. This should tell you that I am not avoiding John 16:8-11. You are falsely interpreting it.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
So, you are not going to remind me with book, chapter and verse. Ok, just to not overlook any scripture that you do give book, chapter and verse, the only one that I see on this post is at the bottom which is Romans 8:1, There is therefore, now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. In your daily walk do you walk after the Spirit all day long every day? Paul said that he could not do it, ( Rom 7:18-19,) For I know that in me (that is in my flesh) dwelleth no good thing; for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not. For the good that I would I do not; but the evil which I would not, that I do. There is no condemnation at all, ever, for our destiny in heaven because of what Jesus did on the cross, but there is condemnation while we live here on earth when we walk in the flesh.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
You keep skipping the verses i keep showing you and ignoring them

As lng as you continue to do ths, we have nothing to discuss because your not being honest
I try not to ignore the verses you give me, if i am clear on book, chapter and verse. Have you commented on Psalms 53 that I gave you?

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
Would it hurt if you would give me book, chapter and verse?

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
Yes.

Can you address this scripture?

Eph 1:

People are sealed with the gift of the Holy Spirit AFTER or WHEN they believe the gospel, not before.
I have.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Christ died to take away the sins of those that God gave to him.
What kind of perverted Gospel is this? It is a dangerous thing to contradict God.

Christ died for the sins of the WHOLE WORLD (all humanity) (1 Jn 2:1,2).
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

notuptome

May 17, 2013
Christ died to take away the sins of those that God gave to him. As for as eternal security is concerned,
God looks upon us as having no sin, however, as long as we live on this earth we are still burdened with our fleshly nature, which causes us to sin at times, which we are instructed to ask forgiveness for. When we were but natural men ( 1 C0r 2:14 ) at the time that Christ died for us, we did not have the desire or ability to ask Jesus to forgive us. A person has to be born of the Spirit before the Spirit can work in them. The Spirit does not "bring them to the Savior" they are already in Christ Jesus. This should tell you that I am not avoiding John 16:8-11. You are falsely interpreting it.
Your soteriology seems a bit askew. God is not only interested in the elect God desires all men to be saved.

2Pe 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Many reject the righteousness of Christ and prefer their own righteousness. Jesus opined just this very thing.

Mt 23:37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!

For the cause of Christ
Roger

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
Faith does not save. God saves according to His grace. Grace is unmerited. Faith is how we learn of Gods grace. Faith cometh by hearing and hearing the word of God.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
No, our faith which is a fruit of the Spirit, does not save us, so, without first having the Spirit we have no spiritual faith, but Jesus's faith as stated in Gal 2:16, does justify ( save ) us.

notuptome

May 17, 2013
No, our faith which is a fruit of the Spirit, does not save us, so, without first having the Spirit we have no spiritual faith, but Jesus's faith as stated in Gal 2:16, does justify ( save ) us.
Saving faith is seen in Romans 10:17 so then faith cometh by hearing and hearing the word of God. This is the faith that brings us to receive the grace of God that saves us from our sins.

You remind me of a guy from Calif who had a radio network. Harold Camping was his name. He continuously said he hoped he was saved but would never allow himself to receive it. He would often take calls from his radio audience and if they professed faith he would spend much effort to talk them out of it. He wrote several books predicting the return of Christ and setting dates. He was of course wrong every time but never would acknowledge such. He is gone now and I have no idea what his Spiritual status really was.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
Typical, you skipped quite a few verses, why did you not post it all?

John 6:
And Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst. 36 But I said to you that you have seen Me and yet do not believe. 37 All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will [f]by no means cast out. 38 For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me. 39 This is the will of the Father who sent Me, that of all He has given Me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up at the last day. 40 And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life; and I will raise him up at the last day.”

If your not going to be honest, do not expect people to respect you
The only ones that see's the Son and believes in him are those that his Father gave him. The natural man, void of having been born of the Spirit can not discern spiritual things, such as seeing and believing. I think that you are ignoring 1 Cor 2:14, because you do not know how to explain it. All scripture must harmonize. The only ones that see and believe are those that God has regenerated by his grace, without the help of man. About being honest, I think that I am, and that is a very inappropriate statement to make.

notuptome

May 17, 2013
The only ones that see's the Son and believes in him are those that his Father gave him. The natural man, void of having been born of the Spirit can not discern spiritual things, such as seeing and believing. I think that you are ignoring 1 Cor 2:14, because you do not know how to explain it. All scripture must harmonize. The only ones that see and believe are those that God has regenerated by his grace, without the help of man. About being honest, I think that I am, and that is a very inappropriate statement to make.
You are religious. But your soteriology is faulty. God does not want any to perish but all to come to repentance. You seem to depend on Gods sovereignty but do not allow man his obligation to submit to Gods sovereignty. This leads to more superstition than faith.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
Maybe you could make me better understand if you would tell me what you think Eph 1 means. What scripture that I have quoted are you saying that it is not correct?
I had to search for awhile to find find the scripture in John that you quoted, because the wording in the verse you quoted was not from the King James version. You are referencing John 16:8. John 14:16-17, And I will pray the Father; and he shall give you another comforter, that he may abide with you for ever, even the Spirit of truth, in whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him, but ye know him, for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. This, to me, sounds like the world cannot be reproved by the comforter, What do you think?

E

eternally-gratefull

I try not to ignore the verses you give me, if i am clear on book, chapter and verse. Have you commented on Psalms 53 that I gave you?
You try not to ignore them?

You claim to be versed in scripture. Yet you can not recognize the times that I speak concerning the word of God. You want me to post chapter and verse and book? Your not supposed to be a new person, you should easily recgnize the word when you hear it, (thats if you know the word at all)

so no. I will not play your games.

I commented on psalms by giving you the words of God which show what Gods will is.. As you said, scripture can not contradict, And if course it does not (I also showed what it means when God draws people which is also an answer to your question)