Religious bigots and your understanding

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 21, 2020
Read the full chapter in John 17 here is an excerpt;

Joh 17:21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
Joh 17:22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:
Joh 17:23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.
Joh 17:24 Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.
Wonderful verses! What point are you wanting to make?

Fundaamental

Mar 17, 2023
Read the full chapter in John 17 here is an excerpt;

Joh 17:21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
Joh 17:22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:
Joh 17:23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.
Joh 17:24 Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.
Yes but in what form was Jesus at one with the father in the beginning.

Or in what detail.

As where told we are also one with the father.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
You assume that the first few verses of John are talking about Jesus Christ. They're talking about
God's logos, His will, plan, or purposes. The pronoun "he" was added by the translators.
I do not need to assume anything when we are specifically and explicitly told that
the Word (with God from the beginning) was God, took on flesh, and dwelt among us.
To think these verses point to anything or anyone besides Christ is sheer blindness.

He was in the world, and the world came into being through Him, and the world did
not know Him. He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him.

The light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

ThyKingdomComeSoon

Apr 1, 2023
Wonderful verses! What point are you wanting to make?

Jesus the son of GOD is distinct from GOD his father but is one with GOD meaning he can do the same things GOD can do, Jesus does his father's will !
Please read the following slowly with an opened mind and heart, if you do not understand, i will comment further.

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Joh 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.
Joh 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
Joh 1:4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
Joh 1:5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
Joh 1:6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.
Joh 1:7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.
Joh 1:8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.
Joh 1:9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.
Joh 1:10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

Peace.

Jun 20, 2022
SMH. You'll say or do ANYTHING to bash someone/something you do not agree with.

Develop some character.

Catch you later.
how many posts have I posted, saying, to YOU that you use the wrong Bible?

i went and counted.

so, how can you say this crap to me?

ThyKingdomComeSoon

Apr 1, 2023
Yes but in what form was Jesus at one with the father in the beginning.

Or in what detail.

As where told we are also one with the father.

Jesus was likely spiritual , immortal , brightly shining with Glory and at the right hand of GOD , as for the details some of the things of a spiritual nature are not yet revealed to us since we have trouble believing in earthly things as in scripture;

John 3:12;
If I have told you earthly things and you do not believe, how will you believe if I tell you heavenly things?i

Many things remain a mystery so i will not speculate.

Peace.

seekingthemindofChrist

Casting down imaginations
Jul 10, 2023
The word "bigot" is over used and cringe worthy.

These days a person is considered a "bigot" "condemning" "intolerant" or "hateful" by saying truth exists.

Seems to me people want want LOVE/tolerance without TRUTH which is actually hypocrisy.

Christians need to be careful and discerning in times like these.
I would have to agree with you.

There are some who suggest that the word "bigot" evolved etymologically from "by God". Allegedly, and I wouldn't have a hard time believing this, it was used in a derogatory manner against those who professed to be speaking "by God" or on God's behalf. The primary reason why I don't have a hard time believing this is because I have often been called a bigot for simply speaking God's word to people or for simply speaking "by God".

Jun 20, 2022
The REV is not a JW Bible.

You are not an honest man. You will go to any length to discredit something you do not agree with.
took me a minute to find this and i did actually think you were originally using this:

JW 1984 Revision:
while we wait for the happy hope+ and glorious+ manifestation of the great God and of [the] Savior of us, Christ Jesus,

jw 2013 Revision:
while we wait for the happy hope+ and glorious manifestation of the great God and of our Savior, Jesus Christ,

HeIsHere

May 21, 2022
I would have to agree with you.

There are some who suggest that the word "bigot" evolved etymologically from "by God". Allegedly, and I wouldn't have a hard time believing this, it was used in a derogatory manner against those who professed to be speaking "by God" or on God's behalf. The primary reason why I don't have a hard time believing this is because I have often been called a bigot for simply speaking God's word to people or for simply speaking "by God".
Very interesting, thank you for sharing this.
:)

Fundaamental

Mar 17, 2023
Jesus was likely spiritual , immortal , brightly shining with Glory and at the right hand of GOD , as for the details some of the things of a spiritual nature are not yet revealed to us since we have trouble believing in earthly things as in scripture;

John 3:12;
If I have told you earthly things and you do not believe, how will you believe if I tell you heavenly things?i

Many things remain a mystery so i will not speculate.

Peace.
This is where I struggle to fully understand the trinity.

We see after the resurrection Jesus is clearly defined as being there in spirit and sitting next to God.

In John he is defined as being with God but in no detail before his incarnation.

Obviously this is why you say he was likely there with him in the same way he was after and before and after the resurrection.

But if scripture say the father is mightier how could they be truly equal.

Jun 20, 2022
This is where I struggle to fully understand the trinity.
just wondering, Who, do you think this is Wrestling with Jacob, whom Jacob later calls God.
but God would need to be in human form to wrestle, one would think?

until the breaking of day. Now when He saw that He did not prevail against him, He touched the socket of his hip; and the socket of Jacob’s hip was out of joint as He wrestled with him. . . . And He said, “Your name shall no longer be called Jacob, but Israel; for you have struggled with God and with men, and have prevailed.”

Then Jacob asked, saying, “Tell me Your name, I pray.”

And He said, “Why is it that you ask about My name?” And He blessed him there. So Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: “For I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.”

Dec 21, 2020
how many posts have I posted, saying, to YOU that you use the wrong Bible?

i went and counted.

so, how can you say this crap to me?
I apologize for some of my comments to you. I got frustrated when trying to explain to you that the REV is a different translation from either the RSV or the REB, and you kept posting information about those two and not the REV.

Please accept my apology.

Jun 20, 2022
I apologize for some of my comments to you. I got frustrated when trying to explain to you that the REV is a different translation from either the RSV or the REB, and you kept posting information about those two and not the REV.

Please accept my apology.
it's all good, this is about our beliefs. it should get down to bare knuckles [in theory].
just remember, as much as i will give it to you, i do Love You, and i pray for you.
i also apologize for my own actions towards you.
i seek your forgiveness, myself!

Fundaamental

Mar 17, 2023
just wondering, Who, do you think this is Wrestling with Jacob, whom Jacob later calls God.
but God would need to be in human form to wrestle, one would think?

until the breaking of day. Now when He saw that He did not prevail against him, He touched the socket of his hip; and the socket of Jacob’s hip was out of joint as He wrestled with him. . . . And He said, “Your name shall no longer be called Jacob, but Israel; for you have struggled with God and with men, and have prevailed.”

Then Jacob asked, saying, “Tell me Your name, I pray.”

And He said, “Why is it that you ask about My name?” And He blessed him there. So Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: “For I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.”
As I've already shown you lord can mean father or Jesus.

Lord was a common name by the Jews, slaves even called there masters lord.

I strongly believe the old testament is all about the father.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I do not need to assume anything when we are specifically and explicitly told that
the Word (with God from the beginning) was God, took on flesh, and dwelt among us.
To think these verses point to anything or anyone besides Christ is sheer blindness.

He was in the world, and the world came into being through Him, and the world did
not know Him. He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him.

The light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
Magenta it seems you are using a different translation not KJV
Can you stick to KJV for the purposes of this thread like I asked the others?

Then everyone will, if they are reading the same version, come to the same conclusion right?

If we all want to use another version of the Bible, how bout we make another thread. So its not confusing for anybody.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
KJV everyone.

The we wont be confused about different words, scriptures.

L

Locoponydirtman

It really is a matter of the first chapter of John.

Fundaamental

Mar 17, 2023
KJV everyone.

The we wont be confused about different words, scriptures.
I can't see this request being met.

We have to check the KJV with the Greek and the Hebrew.

Then we also have to check the old t with the Hebrew cannon.

The if we go into it further we see added words to KJV that are not in the Greek or the Hebrew.

Ummm nope whilst the idea is nice.

Even if the KJV is agreed upon for the preferred choice.

We may all read from it,

But all singing from the same translation 😋

Well I may ask do pigs fly.🤔