Retire the Ten Commandments?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 12, 2013
Yes He did ratify the new covenant. Just not the Covenant found in Jer.31

LUKE 22 [19] And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me. [20] Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, THIS CUP IS THE NEW TESTAMENT IN MY BLOOD, which is shed for you.

New testament...blood

HEBREWS 9 [1] Then verily THE FIRST COVENANT HAD ALSO ORDINANCES of divine service, and a worldly sanctuary. [9] Which was a figure for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience;[10] WHICH STOOD ONLY IN MEATS AND DRINKS, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed on them until the time of reformation.[12] NEITHER BY THE BLOOD OF GOATS AND CALVES, BUT BY HIS OWN BLOOD he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

old covenant...blood of goats.....The meat and drink offerings ...... fulfilled in Christ

HEBREWS [4] FOR IT IS NOT POSSIBLE THAT THE BLOOD OF BULLS AND OF GOATS SHOULD TAKE AWAY SINS.[5] Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:[6] In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure.[7] Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.[8] Above when he said, sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law;[9] Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. HE TAKETH AWAY THE FIRST, THAT HE MAY ESTABLISH THE SECOND.

He taketh away the first {blood covenant}, that he may establish the second.

JOHN 6 [53] [54] Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day. [55] For MY FLESH IS MEAT INDEED, and MY BLOOD IS DRINK INDEED.

And theres the 2nd

MATTHEW 5 [17] Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. [18] For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Jesus did not come to change or destroy the law. The sabbath is still to be kept. He came to fulfil what was written of Him in the books of the law concerning His shed blood.
FALSE.......we are not under the Sabbath law....he fulfilled it all....we can meet, rest, worship and or work ANY DAY of the week.......the only strength of the law that is left is to CONDEMN unbelievers........

Wall

Mar 13, 2013
You who are trying to be justified by the law have been alienated from Christ; you have fallen away from grace.
(Galatians 5:4)
The book of Galatians is a book containing 6 very short chapters. In these 6 chapters circumcision is mentioned 16 times. The commandments are not mentioned once. Yet, those people that wish to do away with GODS commandments use scriptures from Galatians to try and do so. The law of circumcism is one of the carnal ordinances of the law that were nailed to the cross. Those that wish to do away with Gods 10 commandments will also try and tell you that the ordinances and the ten commandments are simply parts of the law and are not separate from one another. In saying that they will point to a scripture thats speaking of circumcision and then apply that scripture to Gods 10 commandments. This is done to extreme in the book of Galatians. The scripture below separates the law, the commandments and the ordinances

2 KINGS 17 [36] But the LORD, who brought you up out of the land of Egypt with great power and a stretched out arm, him shall ye fear, and him shall ye worship, and to him shall ye do sacrifice.[37] AND the statutes, AND the ordinances, AND the law, AND the commandment, which he wrote for you, ye shall observe to do for evermore; and ye shall not fear other gods.

AND means AND....

1 COR. 7 [19] Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but the keeping of the commandments of God.

Paul speaking

And although the law of circumcision was nailed to the cross, Gods law (the 10 commandments) are to be kept.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
The commandments are not mentioned once.
oh "the commandments" are not part of "the law" which phrase is found 28 times in those 6 tiny little chapters of Galatians?

you ought to stop posting, and start praying and meditating on what has been said.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
1 COR. 7 [19] Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but the keeping of the commandments of God.

Paul speaking
same Paul who wrote 1 Cor. 9 and who stated emphatically the believer is not under law.
harmonize that. stop pretending the gospel isn't real. there is a perfect way to encourage one another to good works, and you ain't doin it, my dude. you don't understand Matthew 19 and you have not comprehended the work of Christ. read Colossians again, while you're at it:

you are dead, and your life is hid in Christ
(Colossians 3:3)
wall, meet impenetrable chasm. whoever has died is not under law. Romans 7.

Wall

Mar 13, 2013
oh "the commandments" are not part of "the law" .....
EXODUS 24 [12] And the Lord said unto Moses, Come up to me into the mount, and be there: and I will give thee tables of stone, AND a law, AND commandments which I have written; that thou mayest teach them.

AND means AND

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
EXODUS 24 [12] And the Lord said unto Moses, Come up to me into the mount, and be there: and I will give thee tables of stone, AND a law, AND commandments which I have written; that thou mayest teach them.

AND means AND
you're proving you are wrong.

a ministration of death, written on tablets of stone - if a law had been given which could impart life, it would have come through those commandments. taxes are not required of the children of The King and His people will be free-will offerings on the day of His power, giving not under compulsion but as has been purposed in each heart: for it is not by will or desire or effort, but Him who works in you both to will and to work. the coin was found in the fishes mouth - the price of many fish - the entire field was purchased, and the price was thrown back to the priests in futility, because with one sacrifice those being sanctified were perfected forever, even while they were enemies of God, and Malchus's ear was restored.

you who are trying to be justified by law -- commandments -- the enmity -- are fallen from grace.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
when David took up again Goliath's sword, he went to Achish and feigned madness.

sort that out, and harmonize it with what you think the gospel is.

Wall

Mar 13, 2013
you who are trying to be justified by law -- commandments -- the enmity -- are fallen from grace.
No one can be justified by the keeping of the law.

DEUT. 30 [10] If thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the Lord thy God, to KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS and his statutes which are written in this book of the law, and if thou turn unto the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul. [11] For this commandment which I command thee this day, it is not hidden from thee, neither is it far off. [12] It is not in heaven, that thou shouldest say, WHO SHALL GO UP FOR US TO HEAVEN, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it? [13] Neither is it beyond the sea, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go over the sea for us, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it? [14] But THE WORD IS VERY NIGH UNTO THEE, in thy mouth, and in thy heart, that thou mayest do it.

Israel was told they were to keep Gods 10 commandments. The Word is nigh

ROMANS 10 [1] Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved. [2] For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge. [3] For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God. [4] For CHRIST IS THE END OF THE LAW FOR RIGHTEOUSNESS to every one that believeth. [5] For Moses describeth the righteousness which is of the law, That the man which doeth those things shall live by them. [6] But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, WHO SHALL ASCEND INTO HEAVEN? (that is, to bring Christ down from above:) [7] Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.) [8] But what saith it? THE WORD IS NIGH THEE, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

The Word is nigh. But Israel was ignorant at the time that they could not attain Gods righteousness by keeping the law. They did not know that Christ was the end of the law for righteousness. No matter how well they kept the 10 commandments they would fall short and be as filthy rags. Just as you and i PostHuman. The bottom line is that we as believers are still to keep Gods 10 commandments but its only by grace through faith in the shed blood of Christ that we are made righteous. His blood alone washes us clean from our short comings in keeping His law. Christ is the end of the law for righteousness.

EZEKIEL 33 [13] When I shall say to the righteous, that he shall surely live; IF HE TRUST TO HIS OWN RIGHTEOUSNESS, and commit iniquity, all his righteousnesses shall not be remembered; but for his iniquity that he hath committed, HE SHALL DIE for it. [14] Again, when I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; IF HE TURN FROM HIS SIN, AND DO THAT WHICH IS LAWFUL and right; [15] If the wicked restore the pledge, give again that he had robbed, walk in the statutes of life, without committing iniquity; he shall surely live, HE SHALL NOT DIE. [16] None of his sins that he hath committed shall be mentioned unto him: HE HATH DONE THAT WHICH IS LAWFUL AND RIGHT; HE SHALL SURELY LIVE.

Its explained more fully in Ezek.33. We are to observe to keep Gods law but we must not trust in it as a means of attaining true righteousness. Christ is the end of the law for righteousness because we will all fall short in keeping the law. Its ONLY by the blood of Christ and His grace that we shall become righteous.

ROMANS 5 [19] For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous. [20] Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound: [21] That as SIN HATH REIGNED UNTO DEATH, even so might GRACE REIGN THROUGH RIGHTEOUSNESS UNTO ETERNAL LIFE by Jesus Christ our Lord.

Wall

Mar 13, 2013
LUKE 12 [31] But rather seek ye the kingdom of God; and all these things shall be added unto you.[32] FEAR NOT, LITTLE FLOCK; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.

only a little flock will enter the kingdom {saved}

MATT.7 [13] Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction,and many there be which go in thereat:[14] Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life,and FEW THERE BE THAT FIND IT.

few there be that find it

MATT.7 [21] Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.[22] MANY WILL SAY to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?[23] And then will I profess unto them, I NEVER KNEW YOU: DEPART FROM ME, YE THAT WORK INIQUITY.

In footnotes of the KJB, iniquity equals lawlessness. You can find this in 2 THES. 2 verse 7. And the many have come in the name of JESUS saying we need not keep GODS 10 commandments.

LUKE 13 [23] Then said one unto him, Lord, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them,[24] Strive to enter in at the strait gate: FOR MANY, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.[25] When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are:[26] Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets.[27] But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.

Jesus himself tells us that “the many” will not enter the Kingdom. And he explains why. They are workers of iniquity. They do not keep Gods law. HIS 10 commandments.

ISAIAH 24 [3] The land shall be utterly emptied, and utterly spoiled: for the LORD hath spoken this word.[4] The earth mourneth and fadeth away, the world languisheth and fadeth away, the haughty people of the earth do languish.[5] The earth also is defiled under the inhabitants thereof; because they have transgressed the laws, changed the ordinance, BROKEN THE EVERLASTING COVENANT.[6] Therefore hath the curse devoured the earth, and they that dwell therein are desolate: therefore the inhabitants of the earth are burned, AND FEW MEN LEFT.

Well, here we are. The BOTTOM LINE. The DAY OF THE LORD (when Christ returns) and again the Word says that only a few will be saved to the kingdom.

LEV.24 [8] EVERY SABBATH he shall set it in order before the LORD continually, being taken from the children of Israel by AN EVERLASTING COVENANT.

Is this the everlasting covenant that the many broke?

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
Someone wrote "Amen....that makes two of us........faith plus law for = false gospel"

Not so

REV.14 [12] Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS OF GOD, AND THE FAITH OF JESUS.
So you believe that we are saved by "grace plus law, faith plus works?" Is that the gospel you are promoting? Are you a Seventh Day Adventist? :unsure:

MATTHEW 19 [16] And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? [17] And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. [18] He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, [19] Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

The translated word for commandments in Matthew 19 is “entole”. Obviously the 10 commandments

Revelation 14 [12] Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Once again the translated word for commandments in Rev.14 is “entole”. Gods 10 commandments
I often hear this same argument from Seventh Day Adventists. Here are some articles below that may help shed some light for you on this topic - http://www.sabbatismos.com/law-and-covenants/the-commandments-of-god/#sthash.6fnSxgIs.dpbs

Scroll down about half way through this article to - What are the "Commandments of God"? - http://www.nonsda.org/study8.shtml

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
The sabbath is still to be kept.
Why is there no command in the New Testament for the Church/Christians to keep the Sabbath holy? Sabbath keeping with all it's rules and regulations, was part of a covenant with Israel that is not binding on the Church/Christians under the New Covenant.

*Colossians 2:16 - Therefore no one is to act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day 17 things which are a mere shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ.

Even when Sabbatarians set out to worship on the Sabbath, are they truly "keeping the Sabbath?" To "keep the Sabbath" as it was required in the Old Testament under the Old Covenant would involve compliance with specific regulations (Exodus 16:23; 35:3; Leviticus 23:32; Jeremiah 17:21) that were strictly enforced.

If keeping the Sabbath day is still required for the Church/Christians, so would the burnt offerings which went along with them (Leviticus 19:30; 23:2-3; Numbers 28:1-10; 29:39-40; I Chronicles. 23:30-31; II Chronicles 31:2-4; Isaiah 1:13). So no kindling a fire in any of your dwellings on the sabbath (Exodus 35:3). Every man must remain in his place on the sabbath (Exodus 16:29). No trading (Amos 8:5). No marketing (Nehemiah 10:31; 13:15,19).

These were commanded by God to Israel (Exodus 35:1).

If the seventh day Sabbath is still in affect, then why don't Sabbatarians seek to obey ALL that the LORD commanded? How can a person keep a certain law when he keeps only part of it?

If the Sabbath day laws were still in effect today, then according to Exodus 31:12-18; 35:1-3; and Numbers 15:32-36, anyone who profaned the Sabbath was put to death and any person who does any work on it, that person shall be cut off from his people.

Who is going to enforce that? The Jewish synagogue? The Seventh day Adventist church? The Government? Since we do not live under a theocratic state as ancient Israel did under the Old Covenant, no Sabbatarian can live consistently under these Mosaic regulations.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
ISAIAH 66 [22] For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the Lord, so shall your seed and your name remain. [23] And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and FROM ONE SABBATH TO ANOTHER, SHALL ALL FLESH COME TO WORSHIP before me, saith the Lord.
I often hear Seventh Day Adventists quote these verses in Isaiah to teach that Christians will observe the sabbath in the new heavens. If Isaiah 66:23 teaches that we will keep the sabbath in the new heavens, then it also teaches we will keep the new moon festival in heaven as well. "And it shall be from new moon to new moon, and from sabbath to sabbath, all mankind will come to bow down before Me, says the Lord” - Isaiah 66:23. Let's be consistent.

If you insist on keeping the sabbath in the new heavens based on Isaiah 66:23, then you also need to observe new moons as well. Yet from what I hear, most Sabbatarian’s don’t observe new moons. hmm.. That’s inconsistent. Are new moons and sabbath keeping a requirement for Christians based on new covenant terms? NO.

*Colossians 2:16 - Therefore no one is to act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day 17 things which are a mere shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ.

Will there be Levitical Priests in the new heavens? If Isaiah 66:23 teaches that we will keep the Sabbath day in the new heavens, then it also teaches in Isaiah 66:21 that the Levitical priests will be in the new heavens, because it is also mentioned. What happened to the Levitical Priesthood under the new covenant terms? Priesthood changed so did the law. Hebrews 7:12 - For when the priesthood is changed, the law must be changed also. *The old and new covenants do not mix.*

Jun 30, 2019
I often hear Seventh Day Adventists quote these verses in Isaiah to teach that Christians will observe the sabbath in the new heavens. If Isaiah 66:23 teaches that we will keep the sabbath in the new heavens, then it also teaches we will keep the new moon festival in heaven as well. "And it shall be from new moon to new moon, and from sabbath to sabbath, all mankind will come to bow down before Me, says the Lord” - Isaiah 66:23. Let's be consistent.

If you insist on keeping the sabbath in the new heavens based on Isaiah 66:23, then you also need to observe new moons as well. Yet from what I hear, most Sabbatarian’s don’t observe new moons. hmm.. That’s inconsistent. Are new moons and sabbath keeping a requirement for Christians based on new covenant terms? NO.

Will there be Levitical Priests in the new heavens? If Isaiah 66:23 teaches that we will keep the Sabbath day in the new heavens, then it also teaches in Isaiah 66:21 that the Levitical priests will be in the new heavens, because it is also mentioned. What happened to the Levitical Priesthood under the new covenant terms? Priesthood changed so did the law. Hebrews 7:12 - For when the priesthood is changed, the law must be changed also. *The old and new covenants do not mix.*
Seems someone does not like SDA'S very much. I have some friends that are SDA'S and they are some of the nicest Chrsitian people I know. Seems you must have had some kind of bad experience in the past. As for me I believe God has his people in every Church. Not all in every Church though are God's people.

Jun 30, 2019
Out of the abudance of the heart the mouth speaks. Without love we are nothing.

1 Corithinians 13:1-13
1, If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am become sounding brass, or a clanging cymbal.
2, And if I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.
3, And if I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and if I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profiteth me nothing.
4, Love suffereth long, and is kind; love envieth not; love vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
5, doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not its own, is not provoked, taketh not account of evil;
6, rejoiceth not in unrighteousness, but rejoiceth with the truth;
7, beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.
8, Love never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall be done away; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall be done away.
9, For we know in part, and we prophesy in part;
10, but when that which is perfect is come, that which is in part shall be done away.
11, When I was a child, I spake as a child, I felt as a child, I thought as a child: now that I am become a man, I have put away childish things.
12, For now we see in a mirror, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know fully even as also I was fully known.
13, But now abideth faith, hope, love, these three; and the greatest of these is love.

blessings

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
Seems someone does not like SDA'S very much. I have some friends that are SDA'S and they are some of the nicest Chrsitian people I know. Seems you must have had some kind of bad experience in the past. As for me I believe God has his people in every Church. Not all in every Church though are God's people.
Instead of handing out red x's to me like candy, why don't you share why you disagree with my posts and back up your arguments with scripture. This isn't about me not liking SDA's, yet it's SDA's who I usually run across that teach salvation by "grace plus law, faith plus works." There are also people who attend the Worldwide church of God and people who are part of the Hebrew Roots movement that also mix law and grace.

It sounds to me like you are taking this very personally. In regards to nice people, I've met plenty of Mormons who are some of the nicest people I know, yet they pervert the gospel and "add" other writings (Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenants etc..) to God's word.

Now there are churches that teach false gospels, which will lead all of those to their doom, who strictly follow the teachings of those churches. But those who believe the true gospel and not just whatever those churches teach, are saved regardless of the group with which they are associated. One's church may teach the true gospel and if one truly believes the gospel, then one is saved. But if one does not believe it, then one is lost even though the official teaching of the particular church one attends is correct.

Jun 30, 2019
Instead of handing out red x's to me like candy, why don't you share why you disagree with my posts and back up your arguments with scripture. This isn't about me not liking SDA's, yet it's SDA's who I usually run across that teach salvation by "grace plus law, faith plus works." There are also people who attend the Worldwide church of God and people who are part of the Hebrew Roots movement that also mix law and grace.

It sounds to me like you are taking this very personally. In regards to nice people, I've met plenty of Mormons who are some of the nicest people I know, yet they pervert the gospel and "add" other writings (Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenants etc..) to God's word.

Now there are churches that teach false gospels, which will lead all of those to their doom, who strictly follow the teachings of those churches. But those who believe the true gospel and not just whatever those churches teach, are saved regardless of the group with which they are associated. One's church may teach the true gospel and if one truly believes the gospel, then one is saved. But if one does not believe it, then one is lost even though the official teaching of the particular church one attends is correct.
To be honest brother all I have been reading in your posts is how SDA is this or that or something else. When you have been confronted with scriptures from other posters you ignore them. If someone disagrees with you than you speak to them as though they are your enemy instead of your brother or sister that may or may not be mistaken. Nothing personal my end though it does seem personal yours. Hope you can accept this post in the spirit it was given (love) as somone on the outside looking in. I am happy to share God's word with you but not sure if you would be open to receiving it.

Blessings.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
Out of the abudance of the heart the mouth speaks. Without love we are nothing.

1 Corithinians 13:1-13
1, If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am become sounding brass, or a clanging cymbal.
2, And if I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.
3, And if I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and if I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profiteth me nothing.
4, Love suffereth long, and is kind; love envieth not; love vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
5, doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not its own, is not provoked, taketh not account of evil;
6, rejoiceth not in unrighteousness, but rejoiceth with the truth;
7, beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.
8, Love never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall be done away; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall be done away.
9, For we know in part, and we prophesy in part;
10, but when that which is perfect is come, that which is in part shall be done away.
11, When I was a child, I spake as a child, I felt as a child, I thought as a child: now that I am become a man, I have put away childish things.
12, For now we see in a mirror, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know fully even as also I was fully known.
13, But now abideth faith, hope, love, these three; and the greatest of these is love.

blessings
1 John 4:7 - Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God.

In 1 Corinthians 13, Paul uses hyperbole about understanding ALL mysteries and ALL knowledge and having faith that can move mountains yet having NO love, yet Paul is not exaggerating about the importance of love. Faith works through love (Galatians 5:6), but we are saved through faith, not faith plus love as if we could earn our salvation through performing enough acts of love/charity. Love is the greater quality of the three because God is love and it outlasts them all. Long after faith and hope are no longer necessary, love will still be the governing principle that controls all that God and his saints are and do.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
To be honest brother all I have been reading in your posts is how SDA is this or that or something else. When you have been confronted with scriptures from other posters you ignore them. If someone disagrees with you than you speak to them as though they are your enemy instead of your brother or sister that may or may not be mistaken. Nothing personal my end though it does seem personal yours. Hope you can accept this post in the spirit it was given (love) as somone on the outside looking in. I am happy to share God's word with you but not sure if you would be open to receiving it.

Blessings.
What scriptures have I ignored? :unsure: Why would I speak to others who pervert the gospel as my brother or sister? It's one thing to disagree on non-essential doctrine, yet another thing to disagree on the plan of salvation. If it was nothing personal to you, then you would not be handing out red x's to me like candy. I have not found one ounce of love in your posts to me and if you are happy to share God's word with me, then share it instead of simply attacking my posts with red x's and offering no scripture.

Jun 30, 2019
1 John 4:7 - Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God.

In 1 Corinthians 13, Paul uses hyperbole about understanding ALL mysteries and ALL knowledge and having faith that can move mountains yet having NO love, yet Paul is not exaggerating about the importance of love. Faith works through love (Galatians 5:6), but we are saved through faith, not faith plus love as if we could earn our salvation through performing enough acts of love/charity. Love is the greater quality of the three because God is love and it outlasts them all. Long after faith and hope are no longer necessary, love will still be the governing principle that controls all that God and his saints are and do.
There you go :love:. If we are born of God we will love one another, love is kind and patient and the fruit of God's spirit.

Blessings

Jun 30, 2019
What scriptures have I ignored? :unsure: Why would I speak to others who pervert the gospel as my brother or sister? It's one thing to disagree on non-essential doctrine, yet another thing to disagree on the plan of salvation. If it was nothing personal to you, then you would not be handing out red x's to me like candy. I have not found one ounce of love in your posts to me and if you are happy to share God's word with me, then share it instead of simply attacking my posts with red x's and offering no scripture.
I was referring to earlier posts in the thread as I have only recently been working my way through it and still have not caught up at this stage :sneaky: , but I found a conversation you were having with someone else very interesting from about page 2-3 onwards, forgot the other guys name. As I posted earlier the disagreements handed out earlier were indeed nothing personal. Only that I disagreed with your earlier post content in regards to what you were responding to. It does not mean I do not love and respect you as my brother nothing more and nothing less. Hope you understand. Sorry if my disapreement ratings upset you. It was not my intention. Hope you can forgive me.