sabbath

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Stoning to death is not a ceremonial shadow it was the wage of breaking a moral law.

The fast was a model for a ceremonial law a rest a shadow to come.. Not a moral law subject to damnation. .

The seventh day is a day set aside for God people, a day when they could work to offer the gospel of rest. . . to those who know not Christ. The true fast. .The word sabbath is not subject to time restraints. It as a rest applies anytime a person mixes faith in what they see or hear and therefore not hardening one own heart but reveals a heart that has been softened by the gospel .

The word sabbaths (rests) is mistranslated by most translations. The Youngs literal has it written correctly in one place Mathew 28 but seem to follow the tradition that does try and have it come under time restraints in Luke 18. I understand the Greeks did not even have a word week . They would say seven days .

Using the work week the translators replaced the word rest(sabbath). Which was saying in effect dawning toward the first of the new era of sabbaths the day of the week to the first . As in let there be children of light.

Matthew 28 Young's Literal Translation (YLT)28 And on the eve of the sabbaths, at the dawn, toward the first of the sabbaths, came Mary the Magdalene, and the other Mary, to see the sepulchre,

The King James translates it first day of the week .Not first of new era of sabbaths from the last day to the first day.

Matthew 28 King James Version (KJV)28 In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week (Sabbaths), came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre.

Luke 18 mistranslates it. The Luke is mistranslated in all translations to include the Youngs. A person bragging in a religious fast saying only twice on the Sabbath not three meals like the norm.

luke 18:12-13 I fast twice in the week, (Sabbath) I give tithes of all that I possess. And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.
Garee..

PLEASE TAKE A CLASS IN BASIC ENGLISH.

You are wasting your time playing at theology when you are incapable of communicating your ideas clearly and coherently.

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
Garee..

PLEASE TAKE A CLASS IN BASIC ENGLISH.

You are wasting your time playing at theology when you are incapable of communicating your ideas clearly and coherently.
I have an idea. Why not set Garee to your ignore list? This way you don't have to bother repeatedly applying insults toward them, and you can appear to be a more civil Christian. Sound like a plan?

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
1. I understand that God resting on the seventh day is the model for the sabbath for Israel, but it was not given to Gentiles. Go ahead, enjoy your sabbath if you want, but it is not a requirement. We are not bound by the law to keep it. And if you did want to follow the given law, then you are required to stone to death anyone who doesn't keep it. That is the LAW that was given back in Exodus.
(I also believe that the sabbath law is prophetic - hence the strictness in keeping it. It represents the thousand years of peace - the promised 'day of rest' for Israel, the millenium).

2. No, the Gentiles are NOT party to the New Covenant, the quote (above) from Jeremiah couldn't be any more clear "..I will cut a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah". Are you of the house of Israel or house of Judah? And I'm not talking about 'spiritual Israel', that's cheating!

Jesus himself stated more than once his mission - "I am not sent, but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel".
When he sends out his disciples "go NOT unto the way of the Gentiles or Samaritans".
What do you think these mean? For me, it means what it says.

The biggest area for misunderstanding of Christendom, for too long, is assuming the scriptures are all about us - they are not. The bulk of it is to, and for, and about Israel. Once you see that, it will open up a whole new appreciation for you. Gentiles certainly have a place, and blessings of our own, but we can't keep stealing all the promises from Israel as well. (And when we do, it seems we only pick out all the good bits. I have seen in an older KJV where the little sub-headings (I think, in Isaiah) was alternating between 'blessings for the church' and 'punishment for Israel' - you can't have it both ways).

Anyway, it is not possible to go pulling out lots of examples to try and convince you, but as you read the bible, notice the references to Israel, Judah, Abraham, Jacob, Jew, and so on. Don't just read over them, think about it. Maybe one day you will appreciate the distinctions rather than be horrified at the thought.

3. I'm not sure you know what the New Covenant is all about.
The first covenant was an agreement between Israel and God, given in Exodus 19 and the following chapters. Israel were to obey God's commandments, and God would make them a nation of priests (to all the other nations).
Now, as we know, Israel were not the best behaved, so the covenant was broken.
So God promised a NEW covenant (to replace the old), again with Israel. But the where the first covenant was conditional on Israel adhering to the law, the new covenant is unconditional, and 'the law will be written in their hearts' so they all follow the law without failure. And again, the plan is for them to be 'a kingdom of priests' to the nations.
Seriously, read all of Jeremiah 30 and 31, and note how much the focus is on Israel. It is undeniable.
Are you aware of the Book of Romans chapter 2 passage that talks about the Gentiles having God's law in their heart?
The Sabbath was created by God for man.
And if you go to church on Sunday, you're observing the Sabbath, just on the wrong day.

Butterflyyy

Oct 31, 2019
Simply because the sabbath is intended for the Jews. It is a sign for Israel. This covenant is throughout their generations. In the New Testament, Jesus breaks the sabbath law, thus started a new generation base on faith. His death, burial and resurrection is the basis of the New Testament Christianity and is no longer a law, so is no longer kept.

Exodus 31:13 King James Version (KJV)
13 Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily my sabbaths ye shall keep: for it is a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that ye may know that I am the Lord that doth sanctify you.
But we have been grafted in??

Mar 29, 2019
..The word sabbaths (rests) is mistranslated by most translations. The Youngs literal has it written correctly in one place Mathew 28 but seem to follow the tradition that does try and have it come under time restraints in Luke 18. I understand the Greeks did not even have a word week . They would say seven days .

Using the work week the translators replaced the word rest(sabbath). Which was saying in effect dawning toward the first of the new era of sabbaths the day of the week to the first . As in let there be children of light.

Matthew 28 Young's Literal Translation (YLT)28 And on the eve of the sabbaths, at the dawn, toward the first of the sabbaths, came Mary the Magdalene, and the other Mary, to see the sepulchre,

The King James translates it first day of the week .Not first of new era of sabbaths from the last day to the first day.

Matthew 28 King James Version (KJV)28 In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week (Sabbaths), came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre.

My point is simply that as Gentiles, we were never bound by the Sabbath law. It is certainly lawful for you to obey the sabbath, likewise it is perfectly lawful for you to not. But even as Jews, the sabbath is abolished, so same-same. Churches are fine to recommend observing a/the sabbath, but they are wrong to say you must.

Col 2:16-17 "..do not let anyone judge you in eating, or in drinking, or in part of a feast, or of a new moon, or of sabbaths, which are a shadow of coming things.."

Regarding the plural, 'sabbaths' - I don't see any distinction in the text (ie. I only see one Greek word being used), so it may well be plural or singular. I searched 'sabbaths' (I use eSword mostly) and only get matches in the OT, none in the NT, and sabbath in the NT is always the same word G4521. But if it should be 'sabbaths' my first thought is the 'feast of weeks'.
I do suspect when we see the expression 'first day of the week' (or similar), it should perhaps be better translated "first of weeks". In other words, a specific time of the year rather than just any Sunday.
The feast of Unleavened Bread which immediately follows Passover, lasts for seven weeks, and so is also known as the 'feast of weeks', which of course, ends in the feast of Pentecost (being 50 days after Passover).
A couple of examples are Christ appearing to the disciples and to Mary after his resurrection, on 'first day of the week'. And also in Acts the disciples got together and 'broke bread' on the 'first day of the week'. I don't think either of these mean some random Sunday morning. But specifically the first day of the feast of weeks, the day after Passover.

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
1. I understand that God resting on the seventh day is the model for the sabbath for Israel, but it was not given to Gentiles. Go ahead, enjoy your sabbath if you want, but it is not a requirement. We are not bound by the law to keep it. And if you did want to follow the given law, then you are required to stone to death anyone who doesn't keep it. That is the LAW that was given back in Exodus.
(I also believe that the sabbath law is prophetic - hence the strictness in keeping it. It represents the thousand years of peace - the promised 'day of rest' for Israel, the millenium).

2. No, the Gentiles are NOT party to the New Covenant, the quote (above) from Jeremiah couldn't be any more clear "..I will cut a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah". Are you of the house of Israel or house of Judah? And I'm not talking about 'spiritual Israel', that's cheating!

Jesus himself stated more than once his mission - "I am not sent, but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel".
When he sends out his disciples "go NOT unto the way of the Gentiles or Samaritans".
What do you think these mean? For me, it means what it says.

The biggest area for misunderstanding of Christendom, for too long, is assuming the scriptures are all about us - they are not. The bulk of it is to, and for, and about Israel. Once you see that, it will open up a whole new appreciation for you. Gentiles certainly have a place, and blessings of our own, but we can't keep stealing all the promises from Israel as well. (And when we do, it seems we only pick out all the good bits. I have seen in an older KJV where the little sub-headings (I think, in Isaiah) was alternating between 'blessings for the church' and 'punishment for Israel' - you can't have it both ways).

Anyway, it is not possible to go pulling out lots of examples to try and convince you, but as you read the bible, notice the references to Israel, Judah, Abraham, Jacob, Jew, and so on. Don't just read over them, think about it. Maybe one day you will appreciate the distinctions rather than be horrified at the thought.

3. I'm not sure you know what the New Covenant is all about.
The first covenant was an agreement between Israel and God, given in Exodus 19 and the following chapters. Israel were to obey God's commandments, and God would make them a nation of priests (to all the other nations).
Now, as we know, Israel were not the best behaved, so the covenant was broken.
So God promised a NEW covenant (to replace the old), again with Israel. But the where the first covenant was conditional on Israel adhering to the law, the new covenant is unconditional, and 'the law will be written in their hearts' so they all follow the law without failure. And again, the plan is for them to be 'a kingdom of priests' to the nations.

Seriously, read all of Jeremiah 30 and 31, and note how much the focus is on Israel. It is undeniable.
first I want to apologize that my shift key is not always working so where there needs to be a capital letter it isn't happening at times. I auto corrects. now my reply.

jesus spoke to the Samaritan woman at the well and told her about her live with multiple husbands and not being married to the currant man she was with. she then went back into the village and told them to come out and see the Christ and the villagers followed her out and I am sure jesus spoke to them and who knows how many may have been saved that day.

paul was also commissioned to go to take the gospel to the gentiles so there is no way you will convince me that the new covenant is not for everyone otherwise why bother to take the gospel to the gentiles for them to be saved?

My understanding of the old covenant is that animals were sacrificed given to the jews pointing toward the sacrifice of Jesus and the new covenant was that Jesus was the sacrifice for all not just the Jews.

jesus also talked about grafting into the vine and the original vine my belief is that gentiles are grafted into the vine in his example. so it is not so much my understanding of the Bible that I feel is called in to question here but possibly your understanding of it.

jesus died for every human past, present and future and I would think that we all would need to be covered under the covenant that was promising a savior.

Mar 29, 2019
The 'new covenant' and being 'saved' are not the same thing.
But I will rest and say no more.

Mar 28, 2016
Are you aware of the Book of Romans chapter 2 passage that talks about the Gentiles having God's law in their heart?
The Sabbath was created by God for man.
And if you go to church on Sunday, you're observing the Sabbath, just on the wrong day.
There really is no wrong day .Its a ceremonial law as a shadow. Not a moral law as something that could effect eternal life. Non salvation issue.

The Sabbath rest is the rest all Christian experience when they do not harden their hearts. Jesus calls that rest "today" or you could say under the Sun .That Sabbath comes by mixing faith. . . looking to the unseen eternal things of God not to that seen the temporal mankind.

Preaching the gospel on the first day of the week is the new era of cerinimoinal fasting .Sharing the gospel

The Greek did not have a word for week .That was added . and it clearly makes no sense trying to change the word rest that comes from sharing the gospel, into week . He certainly did not seem to being giving a weekly account and was trying to eat healthy and support the congregation.

The word week sticks out like a sore thumb

Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican. The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican. I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess. And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.Luke18:10-13

.The I fast twice in the Sabbath and he I gave tithes of all that I possess was one brag . Three meal were allowed

Mar 28, 2016
My point is simply that as Gentiles, we were never bound by the Sabbath law. It is certainly lawful for you to obey the sabbath, likewise it is perfectly lawful for you to not. But even as Jews, the sabbath is abolished, so same-same. Churches are fine to recommend observing a/the sabbath, but they are wrong to say you must.

Col 2:16-17 "..do not let anyone judge you in eating, or in drinking, or in part of a feast, or of a new moon, or of sabbaths, which are a shadow of coming things.."

Regarding the plural, 'sabbaths' - I don't see any distinction in the text (ie. I only see one Greek word being used), so it may well be plural or singular. I searched 'sabbaths' (I use eSword mostly) and only get matches in the OT, none in the NT, and sabbath in the NT is always the same word G4521. But if it should be 'sabbaths' my first thought is the 'feast of weeks'.
I do suspect when we see the expression 'first day of the week' (or similar), it should perhaps be better translated "first of weeks". In other words, a specific time of the year rather than just any Sunday.
The feast of Unleavened Bread which immediately follows Passover, lasts for seven weeks, and so is also known as the 'feast of weeks', which of course, ends in the feast of Pentecost (being 50 days after Passover).
A couple of examples are Christ appearing to the disciples and to Mary after his resurrection, on 'first day of the week'. And also in Acts the disciples got together and 'broke bread' on the 'first day of the week'. I don't think either of these mean some random Sunday morning. But specifically the first day of the feast of weeks, the day after Passover.
Thanks .What interests me is why the word week a word that was not used in the Greek. Why is used at all?

sabbatōn is translated 8 times as the first day of the week rather than first of new era of sabbaths( rest) and once in Luke. I fast twice in the week rather than I fast twice of the sabbath a day set aside for the fast.

First as the first day of the week. . then. . . twice in a week.

Days are used throughout the new testament four days, two days, 6 days. Why not when it comes to a ceremonial laws as shadows

Perhaps some see them more than ceremonial shadows but as moral laws.

Grace911

Nov 11, 2018
Thanks .What interests me is why the word week a word that was not used in the Greek. Why is used at all?

sabbatōn is translated 8 times as the first day of the week rather than first of new era of sabbaths( rest) and once in Luke. I fast twice in the week rather than I fast twice of the sabbath a day set aside for the fast.

First as the first day of the week. . then. . . twice in a week.

Days are used throughout the new testament four days, two days, 6 days. Why not when it comes to a ceremonial laws as shadows

Perhaps some see them more than ceremonial shadows but as moral laws.
Are you familiar with the "Feast of Weeks"?

The Feast of Weeks
Lev 23:15 And ye shall count unto you from the morrow after the sabbath, from the day that ye brought the sheaf of the wave offering; seven sabbaths shall be complete:
Lev 23:16 Even unto the morrow after the seventh sabbath shall ye number fifty days; and ye shall offer a new meat offering unto the LORD.
Lev 23:17 Ye shall bring out of your habitations two wave loaves of two tenth deals: they shall be of fine flour; they shall be baken with leaven; they are the firstfruits unto the LORD.
Lev 23:18 And ye shall offer with the bread seven lambs without blemish of the first year, and one young bullock, and two rams: they shall be for a burnt offering unto the LORD, with their meat offering, and their drink offerings, even an offering made by fire, of sweet savour unto the LORD.
Lev 23:19 Then ye shall sacrifice one kid of the goats for a sin offering, and two lambs of the first year for a sacrifice of peace offerings.
Lev 23:20 And the priest shall wave them with the bread of the firstfruits for a wave offering before the LORD, with the two lambs: they shall be holy to the LORD for the priest.
Lev 23:21 And ye shall proclaim on the selfsame day, that it may be an holy convocation unto you: ye shall do no servile work therein: it shall be a statute for ever in all your dwellings throughout your generations.
Lev 23:22 And when ye reap the harvest of your land, thou shalt not make clean riddance of the corners of thy field when thou reapest, neither shalt thou gather any gleaning of thy harvest: thou shalt leave them unto the poor, and to the stranger: I am the LORD your God.

The Hebrew calendar shows Jesus was crucified on a Wednesday. That evening was the beginning of the High Sabbath of Feast of Unleavened Bread. God says "There are the feasts (plural) of the Lord". They are not just the feasts (plural) of the Jews, however, after God divorced the House of Israel and scattered them and they became Gentiles, Gentiles have been removed from the "House Rules of their LORD (YHWY). Anyway, the first Friday sundown to Saturday sundown after the crucifixion is called, ……...first day of the week, and then the next Friday sundown to Saturday sundown is called second day of the week, and continues on until you have counted 7 Sabbaths (7 x 7 = 49 days) and then on the Saturday sundown to Sunday sundown is the 50th day (but it is also in reality the first day of the week, which by the way is the same way Jubilees are counted...49 years, then 50th year, which is also the 1st year of the next cycle)

Most Christians are under the idea that Jesus replaced the Old Testament laws. No not so. Jesus is God manifested. God does not change and Jesus does not change. In the Torah and in Revelations we are commanded not to add or take away any words.

Amo_3:7 Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.

Which of the Lord GOD's prophets revealed that the seventh day Sabbath was going to be "done away with" or "changed"?

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
There really is no wrong day .Its a ceremonial law as a shadow. Not a moral law as something that could effect eternal life. Non salvation issue.

The Sabbath rest is the rest all Christian experience when they do not harden their hearts. Jesus calls that rest "today" or you could say under the Sun .That Sabbath comes by mixing faith. . . looking to the unseen eternal things of God not to that seen the temporal mankind.

Preaching the gospel on the first day of the week is the new era of cerinimoinal fasting .Sharing the gospel

The Greek did not have a word for week .That was added . and it clearly makes no sense trying to change the word rest that comes from sharing the gospel, into week . He certainly did not seem to being giving a weekly account and was trying to eat healthy and support the congregation.

The word week sticks out like a sore thumb

Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican. The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican. I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess. And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.Luke18:10-13

.The I fast twice in the Sabbath and he I gave tithes of all that I possess was one brag . Three meal were allowed
That's a very fair point as well.
God said, the Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath. Man can choose any day to be in rest with God. We are never separated from God having the indwelling Holy Spirit within us. Taking time away from the world to be at rest in God on any one day is a chance to recharge, and be alone with God without the distractions of work, etc...

God isn't going to damn the Christian for observing Sabbath. On any day we're able. Though He may have a word or two to say for those who disparage us for that.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018

The Feast of Weeks
Lev 23:15 And ye shall count unto you from the morrow after the sabbath, from the day that ye brought the sheaf of the wave offering; seven sabbaths shall be complete:
Lev 23:16 Even unto the morrow after the seventh sabbath shall ye number fifty days; and ye shall offer a new meat offering unto the LORD.
Lev 23:17 Ye shall bring out of your habitations two wave loaves of two tenth deals: they shall be of fine flour; they shall be baken with leaven; they are the firstfruits unto the LORD.
Lev 23:18 And ye shall offer with the bread seven lambs without blemish of the first year, and one young bullock, and two rams: they shall be for a burnt offering unto the LORD, with their meat offering, and their drink offerings, even an offering made by fire, of sweet savour unto the LORD.
Lev 23:19 Then ye shall sacrifice one kid of the goats for a sin offering, and two lambs of the first year for a sacrifice of peace offerings.
Lev 23:20 And the priest shall wave them with the bread of the firstfruits for a wave offering before the LORD, with the two lambs: they shall be holy to the LORD for the priest.
Lev 23:21 And ye shall proclaim on the selfsame day, that it may be an holy convocation unto you: ye shall do no servile work therein: it shall be a statute for ever in all your dwellings throughout your generations.
Lev 23:22 And when ye reap the harvest of your land, thou shalt not make clean riddance of the corners of thy field when thou reapest, neither shalt thou gather any gleaning of thy harvest: thou shalt leave them unto the poor, and to the stranger: I am the LORD your God.

The Hebrew calendar shows Jesus was crucified on a Wednesday. That evening was the beginning of the High Sabbath of Feast of Unleavened Bread. God says "There are the feasts (plural) of the Lord". They are not just the feasts (plural) of the Jews, however, after God divorced the House of Israel and scattered them and they became Gentiles, Gentiles have been removed from the "House Rules of their LORD (YHWY). Anyway, the first Friday sundown to Saturday sundown after the crucifixion is called, ……...first day of the week, and then the next Friday sundown to Saturday sundown is called second day of the week, and continues on until you have counted 7 Sabbaths (7 x 7 = 49 days) and then on the Saturday sundown to Sunday sundown is the 50th day (but it is also in reality the first day of the week, which by the way is the same way Jubilees are counted...49 years, then 50th year, which is also the 1st year of the next cycle)

Most Christians are under the idea that Jesus replaced the Old Testament laws. No not so. Jesus is God manifested. God does not change and Jesus does not change. In the Torah and in Revelations we are commanded not to add or take away any words.

Amo_3:7 Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.

Which of the Lord GOD's prophets revealed that the seventh day Sabbath was going to be "done away with" or "changed"?
Jesus, Peter, Paul, the author of Hebrews, John Mark.....

cv5

Nov 20, 2018

The Feast of Weeks

"Which of the Lord GOD's prophets revealed that the seventh day Sabbath was going to be "done away with" or "changed?"

Jesus , Peter (Acts 15) , Paul (Galatians, Romans etc), the author of Hebrews, John Mark (gospel of Mark, though evangelistic in nature to the gentiles has no comment or content on the Law of Moses or Sabbath).....

Grace911

Nov 11, 2018
"Which of the Lord GOD's prophets revealed that the seventh day Sabbath was going to be "done away with" or "changed?"

Jesus , Peter (Acts 15) , Paul (Galatians, Romans etc), the author of Hebrews, John Mark (gospel of Mark, though evangelistic in nature to the gentiles has no comment or content on the Law of Moses or Sabbath).....

Let me ask you, is Jesus God in the flesh? Are do you believe the God of the Old Testament is distinct and different from Jesus of the New Testament? If God does not change and Jesus does not change, and the Law of Moses is taught every Sabbath (you referenced Acts 15) how can the Sabbath be "done away with" or "changed" when Jesus lived by Law of Moses (sin is breaking the law and Jesus is sinless)?

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Let me ask you, is Jesus God in the flesh? Are do you believe the God of the Old Testament is distinct and different from Jesus of the New Testament? If God does not change and Jesus does not change, and the Law of Moses is taught every Sabbath (you referenced Acts 15) how can the Sabbath be "done away with" or "changed" when Jesus lived by Law of Moses (sin is breaking the law and Jesus is sinless)?
Look....the entire book of Herbrews is written TO JEWS... exhorting and warning them to abandon the Law of Moses and the old covenant for the new and better.

Seriously ...I just cannot understand those who persist in their dogmatic adherence to the 10 Commandments and Sabbath and feast days.

Grace911

Nov 11, 2018
Look....the entire book of Herbrews is written TO JEWS... exhorting and warning them to abandon the Law of Moses and the old covenant for the new and better.

Seriously ...I just cannot understand those who persist in their dogmatic adherence to the 10 Commandments and Sabbath and feast days.
There you have a major fallacy that the book of Hebrews is written to JEWS. Do you not know who the House of Israel and the House of Judah are? Without seeing and understanding this truth, you are open to great misunderstanding of the Bible (Old and New). Jesus came to make the divided kingdom to be made one kingdom again (12 Tribes with one King.)

1. 12 Disciples with one Rabbi
  2. 12 Baskets full of bread left over
  3. Jesus heals a 12 year old girl
  4. Jesus starts teaching in the Temple when He was 12 years old.
  5. 12 Hours during each day (John 11:9)
  6. 12 months in a year
  7. Woman (Israel) with the issue of blood for 12 years (unclean) not receiving healing, having to live outside the camp (Israel's disperson)
  8. 12,000 Sealed from each tribe in Revelation
  9. 12 Angels in Revelation
  10. 24 Elders in Revelation
  11. 12 Gates with 12 Pearls
  12. 12 Constellations in heaven
  13. A tree of life that produces 12 fruits for each of the 12 months in Revelation
  14. 12 spies into Canaan, 2 with good reports (Judah) and 10 with bad reports (Israel)
  15. Story of Joseph and his brothers (12 sons to Jacob)
  16. Story of Ruth, Naomi, Boaz
  17. 2 Witnesses in Revelation, one for each House
  18. 10 commandments on 2 stones …given twice
  19. Parable of the Prodigal son - 2 sons! One stayed in the house (Judah), One (Israel) lived amongst the pigs (in the world); only to return to the father's house later.
  20. The two sticks of Ezekiel 37 that became one.
  21. The one new man in Ephesisians 2
  22. Adam is one and that part of Adam was removed to make Eve, and then YHWY remarkably says that the two of them will become one!!
The Bible is one BIG wedding where YHWY purposely planned to bring Israel back and to marry her again!

Jesus cannot change and He is God with us in the flesh and God cannot change. We need to change and quit resculpting the Bible to fit our false church doctrines and traditions that are unbiblical.

That is why the Sabbath cannot be broken or changed. It is the glue that binds and identifies who are Israel. Many think of Israel and Jew as being the same thing and they are not. The "Jew" was not mentioned in the Bible until 2 Kings, during the time of the divided nation of Israel, House of Judah and House of Israel. Open your eyes to see the love letter written to God's people that reunites us through Christ.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
There you have a major fallacy that the book of Hebrews is written to JEWS. Do you not know who the House of Israel and the House of Judah are? Without seeing and understanding this truth, you are open to great misunderstanding of the Bible (Old and New). Jesus came to make the divided kingdom to be made one kingdom again (12 Tribes with one King.)

1. 12 Disciples with one Rabbi
  2. 12 Baskets full of bread left over
  3. Jesus heals a 12 year old girl
  4. Jesus starts teaching in the Temple when He was 12 years old.
  5. 12 Hours during each day (John 11:9)
  6. 12 months in a year
  7. Woman (Israel) with the issue of blood for 12 years (unclean) not receiving healing, having to live outside the camp (Israel's disperson)
  8. 12,000 Sealed from each tribe in Revelation
  9. 12 Angels in Revelation
  10. 24 Elders in Revelation
  11. 12 Gates with 12 Pearls
  12. 12 Constellations in heaven
  13. A tree of life that produces 12 fruits for each of the 12 months in Revelation
  14. 12 spies into Canaan, 2 with good reports (Judah) and 10 with bad reports (Israel)
  15. Story of Joseph and his brothers (12 sons to Jacob)
  16. Story of Ruth, Naomi, Boaz
  17. 2 Witnesses in Revelation, one for each House
  18. 10 commandments on 2 stones …given twice
  19. Parable of the Prodigal son - 2 sons! One stayed in the house (Judah), One (Israel) lived amongst the pigs (in the world); only to return to the father's house later.
  20. The two sticks of Ezekiel 37 that became one.
  21. The one new man in Ephesisians 2
  22. Adam is one and that part of Adam was removed to make Eve, and then YHWY remarkably says that the two of them will become one!!
The Bible is one BIG wedding where YHWY purposely planned to bring Israel back and to marry her again!

Jesus cannot change and He is God with us in the flesh and God cannot change. We need to change and quit resculpting the Bible to fit our false church doctrines and traditions that are unbiblical.

That is why the Sabbath cannot be broken or changed. It is the glue that binds and identifies who are Israel. Many think of Israel and Jew as being the same thing and they are not. The "Jew" was not mentioned in the Bible until 2 Kings, during the time of the divided nation of Israel, House of Judah and House of Israel. Open your eyes to see the love letter written to God's people that reunites us through Christ.
Christians are NOT obligated to keep the Law of Moses. Period end of story. Just read Hebrews. Without your goggles on.

Grace911

Nov 11, 2018
Christians are NOT obligated to keep the Law of Moses. Period end of story. Just read Hebrews. Without your goggles on.
Two kinds of Christians? Perhaps Jesus did give you a ticket to non-obligatory cv5.

Mat_5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.