Share your life hacks

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
It charges faster because "Airplane Mode" means "everything that broadcasts or listens for a signal is turned off." Of course it charges faster, because the phone is using much less power.
I do not have to concern myself with it then, cause I do not have wifi.

G00WZ

May 16, 2014
You can re-charge most normal double A batteries on a rechargeable battery charger. Just don't leave them in for more than about 3hrs at a time or they will explode or leak. Batteries like Energizer, Duracel or Rayovac almost always charge perfectly, but over time they wont hold a charge anymore. Cheap value batteries like Rocket will explode, they are literally ticking time bombs when you put them on a charger.

Another battery hack is if you have triple A batteries but you need double A for something like a remote, you can use them instead. All you have to do is just ball up or fold up bits of tin foil and push them up against the positive or negative side of the inside of the device. Then just squish the batteries inside, just make sure that they actually are touching both the foil and the other metal part. It should look something like the picture here.
h9.PNG

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
If you wanna core you’re strawberries, just use a straw and push it from the bottom up til the little green bit is removed

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
I need a life hack for a cheap way to clean dvd's with scratches. I got my favorite harry potter series for Christmas but their scratched so don't work great they keep freezing. I tried looking on youtube but all those methods either don't work or I don't have the tools for like sandpaper

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Just make new DVDs. Rip the existing DVDs to computer and re-burn. It's not illegal if you're just making a copy for yourself because the original stutters.

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
I need a life hack for a cheap way to clean dvd's with scratches. I got my favorite harry potter series for Christmas but their scratched so don't work great they keep freezing. I tried looking on youtube but all those methods either don't work or I don't have the tools for like sandpaper
I suspect that what you really need is a life hack for a cheap way to prevent your DVDs from getting scratches in the first place... ;):)

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Just make new DVDs. Rip the existing DVDs to computer and re-burn. It's not illegal if you're just making a copy for yourself because the original stutters.
Well I don't have the software or know how for that I mean it took me two years to figure out how to post images on cc imagine me trying to rip dvd's
Technology is not my strong suit

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
I suspect that what you really need is a life hack for a cheap way to prevent your DVDs from getting scratches in the first place... ;):)
Since they were given to me on Christmas and came that way not much I can do about that area, I may have to just save up and buy the series on amazon or something

Feb 28, 2016
do ya'll ever wonder how u can relate to hub and myself, knowing that we don't buy/engage/pay
into the world's system???
and yet, some of you here seem to want to interact with us and actually defy the NORM -
this tells us that you have a 'leg-up' and are being 'called-out'...

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
do ya'll ever wonder how u can relate to hub and myself, knowing that we don't buy/engage/pay
and yet, some of you here seem to want to interact with us and actually defy the NORM -
? sorry I am a bit confused what are you trying to say here? I don't know what a leg up means

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
I think I might understand you now and forgive me if I am wrong it seems like you are talking about things like how I like harry potter. If so then yes I love harry potter pokemon and anime but I don't like them because of the worldly things about them but rather the message-except pokemon that one I admit too.
Naruto is an anime about a child who is born and to save his village from a giant demon fox his dad seals part of it in his son. At first glance this seems evil beyond all reason but while I disagree with his dad's choice this boy grows up hated and despised without any friends or family and he has no idea whhy and yet although his whole life he only knew loneliness sorrow and hatred by others he kept moving forwards and never gave up and later formed bonds with people because of this.
He even met a another child who had the exact same life but turned out evil yet in their fight Narutos heart was able to reach this child and save him from his own life.
This actually is how God taught me that the sufferings we go through in life are able to allow us to understand help and strengthen others who also have known suffering and that like naruto I am someolne who is about bonds my heart is able to reach people that normally wouldn't be reached in fact it was like this before I was even saved

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
I saw a lady take an actual drill, stick a apple on it, put a peeler against it, then turn it on. Peeled an apple in like 2 seconds.

As long as it’s sanitized I will use the old adage of “it ain’t stupid if it works.”

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
CONSUMERISM:
The single best life hack I have ever found is to keep my eyes open for what I like instead of just going for what is popular. My shoes, my phone, my laptop, my chocolate, everything about me is what I have found that works best for ME, not just what I grabbed off the shelf because everybody else was using it.

I'm a lot happier with what I own this way, and it's a LOT more functional for my use case.
That's basically the way that I roll 'em too, I go with what works for me. I travel light and was never into getting stuff 'cause someone else had it. Basically, if I can't eat it, drink it or smoke it then I don't want it. I have found that keeping things as simple as possible greatly lessens stress and anxiety.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
huh...says someone who is typing on the internet, also known as the WORLD WIDE WEB.
But I see they quickly got rid of the old www URLS so nobody now suspects.....

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
EVERYTHING YOU TYPE online could be used against you....big brother knows exactly where you live.
Just some tips for the paranoid amongst us.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
If
they
want you, they have you with or without the Internet. Look how th powers that be are inferring the seniors of the world spread the covid19, and here in Spain one gient of intellectuals refers to the seniors of the rest homes as non/productive. Itell you all who have paid taxes all their lives are productive, not to mention the tax/paying seniors retired colleting on what they have paid in. As for other groups who are considered not/productive, every time they purchase anything, they pay tax of one sort or another.

The blame game is coming from unfruitful leadership.........who have little to boast.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Wrong thread y'all. This is for life hacks, not conspiracy hacks.